Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#266653 Nov 28, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text>fromthe catachism of the Catholic Church I. "IN THE IMAGE OF GOD"
356 Of all visible creatures only man is "able to know and love his creator".219 He is "the only creature on earth that God has willed for its own sake",220 and he alone is called to share, by knowledge and love, in God's own life. It was for this end that he was created, and this is the fundamental reason for his dignity:
What made you establish man in so great a dignity? Certainly the incalculable love by which you have looked on your creature in yourself! You are taken with love for her; for by love indeed you created her, by love you have given her a being capable of tasting your eternal Good.221
357 Being in the image of God the human individual possesses the dignity of a person, who is not just something, but someone. He is capable of self-knowledge, of self-possession and of freely giving himself and entering into communion with other persons. And he is called by grace to a covenant with his Creator, to offer him a response of faith and love that no other creature can give in his stead.
358 God created everything for man,222 but man in turn was created to serve and love God and to offer all creation back to him:
What is it that is about to be created, that enjoys such honor? It is man that great and wonderful living creature, more precious in the eyes of God than all other creatures! For him the heavens and the earth, the sea and all the rest of creation exist. God attached so much importance to his salvation that he did not spare his own Son for the sake of man. Nor does he ever cease to work, trying every possible means, until he has raised man up to himself and made him sit at his right hand.223
359 "In reality it is only in the mystery of the Word made flesh that the mystery of man truly becomes clear."224
St. Paul tells us that the human race takes its origin from two men: Adam and Christ... The first man, Adam, he says, became a living soul, the last Adam a life-giving spirit. The first Adam was made by the last Adam, from whom he also received his soul, to give him life... The second Adam stamped his image on the first Adam when he created him. That is why he took on himself the role and the name of the first Adam, in order that he might not lose what he had made in his own image. The first Adam, the last Adam: the first had a beginning, the last knows no end. The last Adam is indeed the first; as he himself says: "I am the first and the last."225
360 Because of its common origin the human race forms a unity, for "from one ancestor [God] made all nations to inhabit the whole earth":226
O wondrous vision, which makes us contemplate the human race in the unity of its origin in God... in the unity of its nature, composed equally in all men of a material body and a spiritual soul; in the unity of its immediate end and its mission in the world; in the unity of its dwelling, the earth, whose benefits all men, by right of nature, may use to sustain and develop life; in the unity of its supernatural end: God himself, to whom all ought to tend; in the unity of the means for attaining this end;... in the unity of the redemption wrought by Christ for all.227
I see, you're expecting me to accept the word of the Catholic church as the authority on this matter, when you are not willing to accept Jewish law as the authority on why if a pregnancy threatens a mother's life an abortion is mandatory, because the life of the unborn IS NEVER more paramount than that of the mother.

Duly noted.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#266654 Nov 28, 2012
lyinlilytheperverse wrote:
<quoted text>
...this week you're lily, a few years ago - lynnie, oh, and perverse as well. You just can't stop lying, and you really do think you're fooling people. Newsflash: you're not.
Why don't you use your usual username, Pbfa, from AZ?

Only childish people make up stupid usernames like you did.

Pro-choicers here are a stupid bunch of people who post lies, act childishly, defend the lies they each post, and try to accuse pro-lifers using stupidity to try to deflect from the lies they post when all else fails.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266655 Nov 28, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
And you dont even see the irony. How sad.
Foo: "you dont even see the irony"

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266656 Nov 28, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayakaneo? Maybe you can dig up a news story link corroborating the spectacular details laid out by foo related to Ariel's situation.
Foo: "she had been beaten and had been held against her will. She was found Wednesday, and was returned to her home in Florida last night after time in an Atlanta hospital"
You see, I asked foo for a link, and all I got was this rant: "No Relevance you can, F*CKOFF or drop dead, I truly dont care. I dont have to show YOU shit No Relevance. You have NO meaning."
Thanks.
Of course when it comes to proving claims they have nothing. The pro-choicers are the ones who mock those of us who request they prove their claims with links to the posts, post numbers, and the post, because that's how proof of what someone posted is given here in an online forum. That's how lies someone posted are proven. Of course, they also have to be able to read for comprehension to know what it is they're actually proving, because everytime they do provide a link to a post, all they've proven is they don't have adult reading comprehension skills.
They prove us right and themselves wrong.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266657 Nov 28, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you get? Why is it so difficult for you to separate personal and objective perspectives in life?
The choices aren't the focus for us. Unlike you.
The fact women *have* choices to determine their outcomes IS the focus.
I suppose Joran van der Sloot has personal and objective perspective in life, too. Heck, Hitler prolly did, as well.

So, that said, I realize you think you can separate personal and objective perspectives when it comes to killing little human beings in utero.

Only your type is psychologically capable of doing such a thing....

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#266658 Nov 28, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm referring him for a psych eval.
I wish some one would.. As he seems to have lost whatever real control he might have had.. I keep expecting to see a post full of the wingding script any day now.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266659 Nov 28, 2012
Pro-choicers have proven none of them have credibility, while those of us who can and do provide proof of our claims of what someone posted, do have credibility. At least in the eyes of people who are intelligent, sensible, have adult reading comprehension skills and who have integrity in discussion. Leaves every single pro-choicer posting here out.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#266660 Nov 28, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the RCC teachings(Catholic Catechism) on artificial birth control.
It will always give you biblical proof.
What I mentioned about "church teachings" was instituted by God and Christ.
Oh right. The RCC's specific interpretation of scripture, which has been translated multiple times into several languages, and no two religions can agree on what they actually mean. And of course lets not forget birth control wasn't even invented yet but Jesus was preaching about it...yeah right.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266661 Nov 28, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course when it comes to proving claims they have nothing. The pro-choicers are the ones who mock those of us who request they prove their claims with links to the posts, post numbers, and the post, because that's how proof of what someone posted is given here in an online forum. That's how lies someone posted are proven. Of course, they also have to be able to read for comprehension to know what it is they're actually proving, because everytime they do provide a link to a post, all they've proven is they don't have adult reading comprehension skills.
They prove us right and themselves wrong.
Lily: All they've proven is they don't have adult reading comprehension skills.

Interestingly enough, foo owns a bookstore. She might as well own a Victoria's Secret.

Jonesboro AR

#266662 Nov 28, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
100 pregnant women walk into a Planned Parenthood. Only 3 leave with the baby in their womb still alive.(97 kill their baby during an abortion procedure).
If97 babies were killed yesterday why are you posting this on a public forum.. You should be calling 911.. Oh wait you are being the usual idiot.. Carry on...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#266663 Nov 28, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont confuse SKanky with FACTS LNM!
What was I thinking.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#266664 Nov 28, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you use your usual username, Pbfa, from AZ?
Only childish people make up stupid usernames like you did.
Pro-choicers here are a stupid bunch of people who post lies, act childishly, defend the lies they each post, and try to accuse pro-lifers using stupidity to try to deflect from the lies they post when all else fails.
So why do you want to post here?
What's in it for you?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#266665 Nov 28, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose Joran van der Sloot has personal and objective perspective in life, too. Heck, Hitler prolly did, as well.
So, that said, I realize you think you can separate personal and objective perspectives when it comes to killing little human beings in utero.
Only your type is psychologically capable of doing such a thing....
What are you going on about now?
And stop referring me to as a Van der Sloot.
Not asking, either.
Have no patience where you are concerned, NR.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#266666 Nov 28, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
Pro-choicers have proven none of them have credibility, while those of us who can and do provide proof of our claims of what someone posted, do have credibility. At least in the eyes of people who are intelligent, sensible, have adult reading comprehension skills and who have integrity in discussion. Leaves every single pro-choicer posting here out.
You post butchers proper grammar, you silly abortroll.

You proved yourself to be deceitful when you changed someones post to back up a BS claim you made. Keep the BS coming!
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266667 Nov 28, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well maybe the whole other 51 decided to keep their baby's.
You're the kind who tries to find zebras at a donkey petting zoo.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#266668 Nov 28, 2012
*your post butchers....

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#266669 Nov 28, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't. Just like it doesn't mention insurance.
Clearly that scripture had absolutely nothing to do with what I had said...nothing.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#266670 Nov 28, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, you're expecting me to accept the word of the Catholic church as the authority on this matter, when you are not willing to accept Jewish law as the authority on why if a pregnancy threatens a mother's life an abortion is mandatory, because the life of the unborn IS NEVER more paramount than that of the mother.
Duly noted.
Aren't they a strange bunch, CD?

Jonesboro AR

#266671 Nov 28, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a faux jew like Lilrabbid. He proves it with his G-d silliness. A proabort pagan like most of them. Notice how he and Kathy show up at exactly the same time. Both are sexually confused and both disappeared at the same time.
Things that mnake you go Hmmm.
Hey the meds must have kicked in TomTom you are not raving quite so bad today...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#266672 Nov 28, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN, prove that your Jesus said ANYTHING about birth control.....
Oh wait, you cant so you deflect because he NEVER said shit about it.
Your RCC, like you, makes things up as they go along.
In FACT, the RCC didn't have an offical stance on BC at ALL until 1930, when at the same time, they declared that beating off was tantamount to murder.
Catholics have been ignoring the RCC on that issue before that and ever since.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/pill/peopleevent...
The RCC thinks they're the voice of God when in reality they're making their own rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min McDermott 179,217
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Scrutiny 187,327
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,220,283
News Muslim Decides Islam Forbids Him From Paying $3... 2 min see the light 26
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min freebird 324,452
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 5 min woodtick57 154
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Denisova 160,913
More from around the web