Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311215 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#263108 Oct 10, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynnie-poo can learn it all just from Google and WikiPedia!
So there!!
:-b
You can't and don't learn reading comprehension from Google, fool.

I don't need to know the codes to understand what I'm reading in what's being presented. Ayakaneo is presenting something she doesn't understand beyond the point of knowing the codes, and proving herself wrong.

Much like Katie trying to present information that a fetus is still a fetus until born, breathing and cord is cut and proving herself wrong.

Presenting information doesn't mean the person actually has the reading comprehension capability to understand the information they're presenting.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#263109 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't and don't learn reading comprehension from Google, fool.
I don't need to know the codes to understand what I'm reading in what's being presented. Ayakaneo is presenting something she doesn't understand beyond the point of knowing the codes, and proving herself wrong.
Much like Katie trying to present information that a fetus is still a fetus until born, breathing and cord is cut and proving herself wrong.
Presenting information doesn't mean the person actually has the reading comprehension capability to understand the information they're presenting.
Thank you for, once again, responding for LYNNE.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#263110 Oct 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! Read my lips, "no new taxes". Once elected, all bets off. In order to be a good politician, you have to excel at one thing:
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in...
Perhaps I've become jaded.:-)
As have I, AJ.

I feel as if the Romney campaign has lied more, though. His constant flip-flopping, the "47%", etc., are driving me crazy. I just get the feeling that the "real" Romney was secretly taped that day, and that is troubling. He cares not a whit for the middle class, or does he? I'm perplexed and frustrated.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#263111 Oct 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! Read my lips, "no new taxes". Once elected, all bets off. In order to be a good politician, you have to excel at one thing:
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in...
Perhaps I've become jaded.:-)
It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.~Henry Louis Mencken, A Little Book in C Major, 1916 :)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#263112 Oct 10, 2012
Well, here you have it, folks:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Scott DesJarlais, Pro-Life Republican Congressman And Doctor, Pressured Mistress Patient To Get Abortion

WASHINGTON -- A pro-life, family-values congressman who worked as a doctor before winning election as a Tea Party-backed Republican had an affair with a patient and later pressured her to get an abortion, according to a phone call transcript obtained by The Huffington Post.

The congressman, Rep. Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee, was trying to save his marriage at the time, according to his remarks on the call, made in September of 2000. And, according to three independent sources familiar with the call and the recording, he made the tape himself.

DesJarlais, who was provided a copy of the transcript by HuffPost, did not deny its contents, but in a statement released through his campaign characterized it as just another sordid detail dredged up by the opposition. "Desperate personal attacks do not solve our nation's problems, yet it appears my opponents are choosing to once again engage in the same gutter politics that CBS news called the dirtiest in the nation just 2 years ago."

That race featured charges culled from DesJarlais' divorce from Susan DesJarlais, which was finalized in 2001. The filing included allegations that he held a gun in his own mouth for hours in one instance and that he "dry fired" a gun outside his wife's bedroom in another.

DesJarlais' campaign vigorously denied those charges in his 2010 race against Democratic Rep. Lincoln Davis, saying they were hauled out of history for political purposes and had not been deemed credible at the time.

But the new transcript and other revelations from court documents paint a more damning picture of a man who was a serial philanderer willing to push one of his lovers -- whom he met as a patient with a foot problem -- to terminate a pregnancy, even when he suspected he was the father.

"You told me you'd have an abortion, and now we're getting too far along without one," DesJarlais tells the woman at one point in the call while negotiating with her over whether he'll reveal her identity to his wife. They then discuss whether he will accompany her to a procedure to end the sort of life the congressman now describes as "sacred."

----> Do as I say, not as I do.

Unbelievable!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#263113 Oct 10, 2012
So, how about them (insert team name here?)
HowToEatCleanHQ- Dot-Com

Astoria, NY

#263114 Oct 10, 2012
What would you rather be doing right now? Protesting Roe vs. Wade or chillin' out at the Travel Explosion website?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#263115 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not understanding the terminology.
"The 69.01 tells the doctor anywhere that there was a D&C done as treatment but not specifically for a an abortion, 69.01 is the number assigned for the D&C."
Yes, a dilation and curettage procedure, code indicates the medical issue it was used for, not specifically an abortion. Doesn't term the D&C procedure as "an abortion procedure".
"69.02 tells the doctor anywhere that the D&C was treatment for any abortive outcome."
Yes, dilation and curettage is the procedure, code indicates the medical issue it was used for. Still doesn't term a D&C "an abortion procedure".
"The CPT code for a D&C with abortive outcome is 59812 *surgical treatment for missed abortion*"
Dilation and curettage is the procedure, code indicates it was USED FOR a missed abortion,(missed abortion = fetus died, pregnancy loss, but fetus is still in the uterus).
D&C is the procedure, DONE AS a TREATMENT. The terminology and codes you're presenting are proving you wrong the claims that a D&C is called an abortion procedure. The D&C itselfs is NOT an abortion procedure no matter what it's used for. It's a procedure for uterine issues, to scrape the lining of the uterus or remove contents of the uterus. It's called a dilation and curettage procedure.
This isn't rocket science.
That's right it's not, so why can't you understand that a D&C is used for "Any abortive outcome".

Location hidden

#263116 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Still doesn't prove a dilation and curettage is termed "abortion procedure" by the medical community. It's termed a dilation and curettage/D&C procedure.
The codes only let them know for what medical issue the procedure was specifically used.
any abortive outcome

“OUCH”

Russell Springs, KY

#263117 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
New Orleans Saints!

Location hidden

#263118 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
PACKERS!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#263119 Oct 10, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
As have I, AJ.
I feel as if the Romney campaign has lied more, though. His constant flip-flopping, the "47%", etc., are driving me crazy. I just get the feeling that the "real" Romney was secretly taped that day, and that is troubling. He cares not a whit for the middle class, or does he? I'm perplexed and frustrated.
La, I don't know what he cares about... I still cannot get over his treatment of man's "best friend".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/01/mitt...

What caring person would do this?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#263120 Oct 10, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.~Henry Louis Mencken, A Little Book in C Major, 1916 :)
Ha! Does that mean it takes an habitual liar to spot an equally well skilled liar?
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#263121 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
St. Louis Rams
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#263122 Oct 10, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
Ink,please explain why you are posting about women who are pregnant have the OK from the Catholic Church to abort if the woman thinks their life is in danger? You are spreading lies and need to talk to a priest. Its only when there is a tubal pregnancy.
Of course a direct deliberate abortion is never allowed. I thought I was clear that any procedure or treatment to actually save a mother's life is permissible even if the child dies as a consequence.

In the story that Foo told, she never mentioned why the child had to be aborted in order for her to live. A most unusual circumstance.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#263123 Oct 10, 2012
This topic should not be a political one. Leave the people effected to make their own decisions. I thought the right wanted less government involvement anyway.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#263124 Oct 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
La, I don't know what he cares about... I still cannot get over his treatment of man's "best friend".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/01/mitt...
What caring person would do this?
Oh, I don't know, AJ, maybe the dog really did like it? Maybe he didn't go fast? I don't think it was malicious, hun.

Did you see my link about the Republican, "Pro-life" Congressman who forced his mistress to get an abortion? I'm not sure it showed up...

“OUCH”

Russell Springs, KY

#263125 Oct 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Does that mean it takes an habitual liar to spot an equally well skilled liar?
Maybe...LOL

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#263126 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
Giants!

(or Jets!!)

(not a Yankee fan! LOL!)
Katie

Graham, WA

#263127 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

Look at you misrepresenting my answer to the hypothetical question of exact moment fetus becomes baby. How does one prove herself wrong when answering a hypothetical, Triple L? Care to explain that in less detail than usual, say 200 words?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min libtards be cryin 214,631
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,384,035
News Gary Johnson Wins Libertarian Party Nomination 7 min Cat74 2
News Obama marks Memorial Day at Arlington: They ask... 8 min RustyS 1
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 8 min taletha 16 1,545
News U.S. Customs Officer Helped Smuggle Illegal Ali... 10 min huey goins 11
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 14 min Nopal 1,124
News Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina g... 15 min taletha 16 159
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 26 min valerie 384,564
News The Republican Party is dead 30 min LarryV 768
More from around the web