Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311484 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262595 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> FooL...cpeter...johnny/carbon ...all called it an abortion. Lala will attest to it.
FooL also called it "an abortion procedure" to have a D&C in general
Thanks for proving it with THEIR posts. They will continue to give you grief to distract ;)
Kinda funny though to watch them bs their way out lol
lol, you're welcome, and I agree.

They did say thast, and no Ladilulu won't attest to that. She refused to attest to it back in Jan., she sure won't do it now. Again, you're expecting integrity in discussion from a pathological liar?
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262596 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think you make a good point, but I also think this whole thing should be left alone, in the event it is a true story, it should not be used in any way in this forum, by either side.
I don't agree. God rest the girls soul ((if true) and healing for the family (if true) but this was brought up by foo and it backfired on her and her proabortion agenda

She claims to be for choice but she proved to be anti- her choice. How DARE she ridicules and disrespects this womans choice and religious beliefs. All she cared about was killing that 'baby(she conveniently referred to a fetus as).
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262597 Oct 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo said she "didn't know exactly what happened yet", and when foo mentioned the placenta being ripped she followed it with a "(?)" indicating she didn't know for sure.
HER CHOICE was to not kill her baby.

End of story.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#262598 Oct 8, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.:)
I like that motto. Thanks, OL, I will do that.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262599 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>Why applaud?
It was stated as being HER decision. You pro-choicers obviosuly don't respect CHOICE. You're proving it. Because a woman makes a choice you don't agree with, but one she believed was the right one for her and her child, you think Foo's disrespect of that woman's faith is worthy of "Thundering applause"?
Mind boggling hypocrisy, not only of CHOICE, but of respect for religious freedoms. The woman religiously believed what she believed and that was HER choice. Why disrespect that choice this way when, she made the choice out of LOVE for her child, and out of CARE for her own eternal soul, in her belief?
I don't get you people at all.
And they wonder WHY they are referred to as proabortion.

@@

Location hidden

#262600 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's called critical thinking and I'm good at it."
No, you actually suck at it.
I'm not the one who was trying to use billing codes to argue my point, Ayakaneo was. It backfired and proved me right and her wrong. Now whenever Ayakaneo tries to bring up the coides as some proof of the PC claims that D&C is charted as an abortion procedure when used after miscarriage, the proof she's wrong is in black and white.
The proof you people are wrong that it's charted in medical files as an abortion procedure is just common sense logic. That's where crtical thinking and sense comes into play, and yours isn't anywhere near the ballpark.
I know for a fact how it's charted. I also have very good reading comprehension skills. Something most of PC lack.
Gosh, I hope you don't mind that I find more value in the assessment of my critical thinking skills by an accredited nursing college and a state board of nursing than I do yours. Nothing personal, ma'am. As I wrote, you dont know for a fact how every medical provider charts. You couldn't possibly know, since physicians are notorious for being very creative in their individual styles. That’s putting it kindly. I must say you certainly have very strong opinions, and I believe that to be an admirable trait. Why is it so important to you that every person agree with you, though?

Location hidden

#262601 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
I certainly don't see anything good about it at all. And if there is no God then her beliefs drove her to make such a choice for absolutely no reason. She died for nothing.
She made her autonomous decision according to her personal ethics. Isn't that what we believe to be her right? She died, being true to herself. Dying isn't the worst thing to happen to a person, imo.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262602 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
Yet if this woman had chosen to end the pregnancy to save her life you'd be vilifying her.
Nobody stopped her from making her own choice, and none of us have vilified her. We've simply expressed sadness at the loss of her life.
That's the difference,d it's a big difference.
IF indeed this is a true story then leave it to fooL to ONCE AGAIN exploit a woman.

She didnt tell about this poor womas tragic loss. She had an agenda to show her bigotry and her hypocrisy while using her and her "babys" death.

She is a monster.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#262603 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> IF indeed this is a true story then leave it to fooL to ONCE AGAIN exploit a woman.
She didnt tell about this poor womas tragic loss. She had an agenda to show her bigotry and her hypocrisy while using her and her "babys" death.
She is a monster.
Wait, what about your hypothetical where you'd choose death for your daughter rather than a life-saving abortion? It is very similar to what Foo's posted. Yet you call her a monster. You probably called Michael Schiavo a monster, too. But the three of you all made decisions based on what was right for you and your family members. Do you still believe Michael Schiavo to be a monster?

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#262604 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I like that motto. Thanks, OL, I will do that.
Not mine..I've read many different quotes from many famous people.. The quote is longer,but the kindness one stuck in my mind. I guess, I should have wrote who quoted it.. One may disagree at the end of her quote,depending on what one believes,but all of us should try and" be kind anyway."

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
Mother Teresa
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262605 Oct 8, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
JM, my point is that Lynne is wrong in saying that the pregnacy is terminated upon the abortion. The termination isn't complete until the removal is complete. The D&C is part of that process regardless of how the abortion took place.
BTW, you contradict yourself in your above post with this one.
Pregnancy...being pregnant means that you are gestating your developing offspring /child. An elective abortion is meant to END that developing childs life. A miscarriage/spontaneous abortion means that a developing child has died. The life of that child is over. The pregnancy is terminated at that point. REMOVAL of that life is the next step.

In an elective abortion, the Dr kills as it removes it.

In a miscarriage the body usually natural expels it.

If not, the Dr will clean out an remains of that baby. Many times even after baby is expelled, the Dr might go in and clean out the uterus. That is NOT an abortion. It is a D & C.

FooL is claiming D&C are "abortion procedures".
Abort means to END. If the baby died, then a D&C is NOT ending/aborting

During anelective abortion, then that D&C DOES abort /end the life/pregnancy
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262606 Oct 8, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
"He's trying to claim the process of the pregnancy ending has something to do with the D&C procedure."
What part of "pregnancy ends with the death and *removal* or *expulsion* of the fetus" do you not understand?
Ever hear of a botched abortion?

Ever hear of women going in for an abortion and then days or more later being in agony or still bleeding? She goes to the ER. Dr left a body part of the baby still in mom. They do emergency D&C.

Tell me, in your opinion, is she still pregnant? According to you since the baby is still inside then she is pregnant.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262607 Oct 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>As long as this woman followed her own conscience, the outcome was of her own choosing - no matter how unpalatable the outcome and/or unfathomable her reasoning may be to others.
My deepest condolences to your brother in law, and to his and your families, Foo.
Exactly.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262608 Oct 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>We agree on very little, but we do agree here.
As do I.

I'm not sure why she feels compelled to lambast me, however.

I guess she's just on auto-rant.

{{shrug}}

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262609 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
I certainly don't see anything good about it at all. And if there is no God then her beliefs drove her to make such a choice for absolutely no reason. She died for nothing.
It is no different than suicide. She died feeling she was doing what was best.

As long as she wasn't coerced, it is really as it should be.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262610 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> FooL...cpeter...johnny/carbon ...all called it an abortion. Lala will attest to it.
FooL also called it "an abortion procedure" to have a D&C in general
Thanks for proving it with THEIR posts. They will continue to give you grief to distract ;)
Kinda funny though to watch them bs their way out lol
Could you please stop dragging me into something I'm not even following?

No, I will NOT attest to anything of the sort.

Leave me out of this, please.

Location hidden

#262611 Oct 8, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, what about your hypothetical where you'd choose death for your daughter rather than a life-saving abortion? It is very similar to what Foo's posted. Yet you call her a monster. You probably called Michael Schiavo a monster, too. But the three of you all made decisions based on what was right for you and your family members. Do you still believe Michael Schiavo to be a monster?
I think the term "monster" is reserved for people who actually commit heinous acts, not for people who write posts thats we don't agree with or make end-of-life decisions that go against our particular sensibilities. Or... have abortions :-O

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262612 Oct 8, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubletalk. She said if it was in her body " she owned it" period.
You own your kidney. You decide whether it comes out or stays in.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262613 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, you're welcome, and I agree.
They did say thast, and no Ladilulu won't attest to that. She refused to attest to it back in Jan., she sure won't do it now. Again, you're expecting integrity in discussion from a pathological liar?
I have no clue what you two are yammering about, you stupid cow.

I have no desire to discuss whatEVER it is, have you picked up on that yet, feeb?

Or does someone have to beat you to get you to understand them??

Location hidden

#262614 Oct 8, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Not mine..I've read many different quotes from many famous people.. The quote is longer,but the kindness one stuck in my mind. I guess, I should have wrote who quoted it.. One may disagree at the end of her quote,depending on what one believes,but all of us should try and" be kind anyway."
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
Mother Teresa
That is a beautiful quote. I didn't know Mother Teresa was a Buddhist... Lol, just kidding :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 6 min USA Number One 10,338
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Cornelius Scudmister 232,733
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 9 min gwww 113
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Susanm 1,402,948
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Yeah 390,968
News Will Green Political Machine Foil Trump? 10 min Say It Ain t So Jo 2
News Ex-KKK leader David Duke signs up to run for US... 11 min WasteWater 27
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Jacques in Orlean... 219,241
News Ted Cruz quickly becomes news at GOP confab 1 hr spud 162
More from around the web