Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311622 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

zef

Los Angeles, CA

#260287 Sep 26, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that some do, would guess for many that do it would depend on how far along that they carried? However I personally haven't heard any say that.
I have heard often; "mother to be".
Because you've heard "mother to be". All of biology and knowledge of biology is nullified, and humans can somehow be brought into existence without parents? Because of what you've heard. I've heard the moon is made of green cheese. Good luck with your green cheese empire.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#260288 Sep 26, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>I was responding to a post about mothers choosing to kill their babies with abortion. My post doesn't need rewording since choosing to kill a baby with abortion obviously has nothing to do with miscarriage.
blah blah blah....

Continue making moronic blanket statements.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#260289 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I do get to decide. Too bad.
The Hippo arrogance.... it's astounding and quite pathetic.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#260290 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about someone in particular? In answer to your question, the Lord did say go forth and mutiply. I would say they are trying to do as God says.
How is one "multiplying" when all they produce is dead fetuses? You call one abortion "murder", yet a woman who miscarries 10 times, with NO CHANCE of ever carrying to term, is doing "as G-d says?"

So, you approve of IVF since the potential parents are "trying" to do as G-d says? Even if 9/10 embryos are tossed in the garbage?

Sounds like the G-d you believe in is pro-death, dear. No wonder you're confused.

Get help, stINKy.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260291 Sep 26, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, come on now, firstly, I cannot fathom how this is any business of yours, secondly, each deal with the loss of a pregnancy differently.
What kind of question is that, I mean seriously, what were you thinking?
The operative word in your post is "thinking."

Ink? Think?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260292 Sep 26, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
She's delusional and not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#260293 Sep 26, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, come on now, firstly, I cannot fathom how this is any business of yours, secondly, each deal with the loss of a pregnancy differently.
What kind of question is that, I mean seriously, what were you thinking?
LC said he/she never heard any woman refer to a miscarried child as 'her child' in response to my saying that the women I know who have lost a baby will often include their lost child as one of their children. It is probably a religious thing as a religious woman will consider it her child from the time she knows she is pregnant.

You people all get caught up in 'it's not your busines', it is just conversation usually about hypothetical situations.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#260294 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about someone in particular? In answer to your question, the Lord did say go forth and mutiply. I would say they are trying to do as God says.
Okay, but after 5-10 miscarriages, another pregnancy is likely to end exactly the same way. When is enough, enough?

And doesn't that embryo/fetus hold the same status as those poor baybees being murdered by their mothers because the pregnancy is unwanted/unhealthy?

Or are these "miscarried" baybees special and exempt from being labeled homicides even though the woman is fully aware her pregnancy will likely not go full term?
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#260295 Sep 26, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
How is one "multiplying" when all they produce is dead fetuses? You call one abortion "murder", yet a woman who miscarries 10 times, with NO CHANCE of ever carrying to term, is doing "as G-d says?"
So, you approve of IVF since the potential parents are "trying" to do as G-d says? Even if 9/10 embryos are tossed in the garbage?
Sounds like the G-d you believe in is pro-death, dear. No wonder you're confused.
Get help, stINKy.
You do ramble. Get a grip.
Who has ten miscarriages and who decides someone has no chance of carrying?
I do not believe in IVF as I have said before.
You are confused because you don't listen.

Location hidden

#260296 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do the women you know say about their miscarriages?
Really Ink?

To be honest I along with most of the men I know, know very little about the women that we know miscarriages...
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#260297 Sep 26, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You get to believe what you want too. Now that's pathetic but hey, this is America.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#260298 Sep 26, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but after 5-10 miscarriages, another pregnancy is likely to end exactly the same way. When is enough, enough?
And doesn't that embryo/fetus hold the same status as those poor baybees being murdered by their mothers because the pregnancy is unwanted/unhealthy?
Or are these "miscarried" baybees special and exempt from being labeled homicides even though the woman is fully aware her pregnancy will likely not go full term?
I wasn't aware that women were putting themselves through 10 pregnancies without results. Do you have stats on that?

It seems like any bright lady would adopt well before 10 attempts. They would realize that pregnancy wasn't going to work for them.

Didn't get the point of the rest of your post.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#260299 Sep 26, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Ink?
To be honest I along with most of the men I know, know very little about the women that we know miscarriages...
Well let me assure you that a mother who miscarries suffers a loss and always remembers the child she lost.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#260300 Sep 26, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>A pregnant woman is a mother. Abortion just means that a mother has killed her child. She is still a mother, just the mother of a dead baby instead of a living baby.
Repeating that convoluted notion over and over doesn't make it more true. You are just plain wrong.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#260301 Sep 26, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
A lack of sentience is a normal characteristic of all young people. Discriminating against people because of their physical characteristics is bigotry. If you don't like being referred to as a bigot, try not being one.
"A lack of sentience is a normal characteristic of all young people."

Do you even know what "sentience" means? Because it seems pretty clear that you don't have a clue. Here's a hint...it's not about "physical characteristics".

Location hidden

#260302 Sep 26, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
A lack of sentience is a normal characteristic of all young people. Discriminating against people because of their physical characteristics is bigotry. If you don't like being referred to as a bigot, try not being one.
A fetus is not a person. Again, honey, chanting lies over and over doesn't make them truths.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#260303 Sep 26, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
The operative word in your post is "thinking."
Ink? Think?
Ah, but of course, LOL
How are we doing today my Ladi?

Location hidden

#260304 Sep 26, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Afternoon to you,LC
Mandatory with exceptions? I'm not sure if a only reason would be religion. Should they lie?
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, honest,but who's to blame if BC fails,or they just don't bother,to use it?
If I was young again,I'd be scared to death to have sex unless,the guy wore a condom,or even doubled up on them(a little humor)than I'd still be iffy. Aids would scare the hebee-geebies out of me. Parents need to talk to their kids,but making it mandatory,to take it in school,I really don't know.
One more thing while I'm thinking,(I don't do that often,think)not every kid is on the same maturity level is ready for this sort of education at the same time,what age should it start? I talked to my kids starting at 9,not in detail mind you,they started asking questions.
Not sure I understand what you mean by "should they lie"?

I'm talking about the parents that believe teaching abstinence only, imo they would be to blame.

There are people better quilified with coming up with the "age appropriate" sex ed schedule than I.:-)

Location hidden

#260305 Sep 26, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>How does not being allowed to kill me make my life hold more worth than yours? I'm not a prenatal person. I do not hate prenatal people. Nor am I killing prenatal people. Considering someone elses life to be as worthy as mine is not prejudice or bigotry.
There is no such thing as a "prenatal person."

Location hidden

#260306 Sep 26, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was referring to induced, or elective abortions. Miscarriages have nothing to do with choice, or what women choose to do.
You said that a pregnant woman is already a mother. That is what you wrote. Therefore, a woman who has had three spontaneous abortions is the mother of three dead children. Your words, not ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Megan 1,418,867
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 1 min comtech 61
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 1 min bottlecap 46
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Coffee Party 222,481
News Republicans need to shut down Trump's election ... 3 min Just Think 57
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 4 min Just Think 7,201
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Dogen 204,955
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Frankendrumpf 239,445
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 30 min Go Blue Forever 144
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr asd 7,734
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr Quirky 393,272
More from around the web