Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Kenose

Westbury, NY

#253946 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> Rapped?
@@
Who sits on a jury and judges "rapped" poor souls?
Jury rapping is the latest craze on MTV2.
katie

Lakewood, WA

#253947 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> Rapped?
@@
Who sits on a jury and judges "rapped" poor souls?
Nope,PP is the reason why "rappes" go unreported. Proaborts like you are the reason why they go unreported. You have been known to mock YOUNG girls that were abused and/or accuse rape victims of screaming rape to cover up their "sluttiness".
http://www.whbf.com/story/19305994/charges-ag...

Stop vilifying PP. Your daughter may need them some day.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#253948 Aug 22, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No you wouldn't, nobody wants to force a pregnant woman to die.
You get told this all the time and you still go back to the same old paranoia.
"you"? Sorry, but we live in the same country. That would be "we". And yes, we would. I never said ANYTHING about people wanting to force a pregnant woman to die. Stop re-wording my position.

This didn't happen because the Dominican Republic is a developing country. It didn't happen due to a lack of medical knowledge. It happened because of the law making abortion entirely illegal. If abortion was entirely illegal here, the same situation would start happening here as well.

I'm sorry you're not bright enough to understand simple logic.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#253949 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> Are you telling a woman what to do? how to think? what to post? If someone wants to air their dirty laundry,then that's THEIR business. Regardless,she didn't air it to YOU. You weren't on when Lynne first aired it. She,btw,did it for a reason. You merely jumped others bandwagons against her. YOU aired your rape on here,your racist comments about yoru grandchildren and YOU have the audacity to call her out? PRICELESS NN.
"""News flash sister, real trauma victims do not talk to total strangers about their abuse""""
Bull. You're clueless.
Why did you then?
"""I have little time for silly little girls that cry wolf"""" "
Thank you for proving my point. YOU are the reason why girls don't report their rapes.
""" having a bad day sister?""" "
Nope. Quite the opposite.
:)
Got busy, and trying to catch up.
Me, clueless, nope.
I have not posted about abuse.
Still not NN.
All the same, glad you are having a nice day!
And because, I really am a nice person, we may have very different views and opinions, I have enjoyed the banter.
Hope you enjoy your evening. ;-)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#253950 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> In other words,you have no good enough rebuttal.
Rebuttal to what?
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever aborted?
Yes.

Location hidden

#253951 Aug 22, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Women are female humans.
Agreed.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Birth has nothing to do with who is, or isn't a female human.
It has everything to do with whether or not one is born, however.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Jews are a race of sub-humans, which is why they can't be called persons.
Disagree.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Birth has nothing to do with anyones race. Race is determined by genetics upon conception.
Thank you for the biology lesson. I was not discussing race, but personhood.

It's a condition of birth to be a person.
It's a condition of conception to be a human.

To you, there may not be a difference - to me, words have meanings, which, while subtle, are nonetheless important.

Apparently we have many differences of opinion.

I, personally, am okay with that. Pun intended.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#253952 Aug 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"you"? Sorry, but we live in the same country. That would be "we". And yes, we would. I never said ANYTHING about people wanting to force a pregnant woman to die. Stop re-wording my position.
This didn't happen because the Dominican Republic is a developing country. It didn't happen due to a lack of medical knowledge. It happened because of the law making abortion entirely illegal. If abortion was entirely illegal here, the same situation would start happening here as well.
The thousands of young women killed here every day with abortion didn't choose to die. Making abortion entirely illegal will save most of them from their senseless deaths at the hands of the brutal tyrants that choose to kill them.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#253953 Aug 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have friends who always rent, even though they could easily afford to buy. They just like to be able to move when they want, as they're both retired. Since I've known them, nine years, they've moved four times. It DOES have the virtue of not needing to depend on the housing market, for those who don't care about owning.
One of my college instructors sold her house and bought large travel trailer to live in. She and her husband love it. No muss, no fuss:-)

Atrisco Village

#253954 Aug 22, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...I live in Kentucky,but wait! I do have teeth!
lol!

Location hidden

#253955 Aug 22, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No you wouldn't, nobody wants to force a pregnant woman to die.
Except for Paul Ryan, whose 'plan' would outlaw abortion without exception, and every Congressman who signs the 'Pledge to Life' which purports to exemplify their willingness to grant 'personhood'(but not citizenship status) to every zygote conceived on US soil, at the expense of women's citizenship while pregnant.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>You get told this all the time and you still go back to the same old paranoia.
Do you listen without question to everything you're told?

Just because one is paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to getcha.....

zef

Los Angeles, CA

#253956 Aug 22, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
<quoted text>It has everything to do with whether or not one is born, however.
<quoted text>Disagree.
<quoted text>Thank you for the biology lesson. I was not discussing race, but personhood.
It's a condition of birth to be a person.
It's a condition of conception to be a human.
To you, there may not be a difference - to me, words have meanings, which, while subtle, are nonetheless important.
Apparently we have many differences of opinion.
I, personally, am okay with that. Pun intended.
Your nihilist hatemongering and bigotry sickens me.

person noun
2. a human being as distinguished from an animal or a thing

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/person

Definition of PERSON
1: human, individual

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per...

Atrisco Village

#253958 Aug 22, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Fighting to remove birth control is counter productive and a step backwards! The United States claims to practice Preventive Medicine, this is not strictly the case. We are the only country in the Western World that actually charge for birth control. Absolutely ludicrous.
Yup!
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#253959 Aug 22, 2012
I argue that ‘being human’ is a sufficient condition for the application of the label ‘person’ to a living creature – note that a dead human being is no longer alive, therefore they are no longer a person, yet they were once a person. The reason I argue for the case of all humans being persons is that I see many issues with denying personhood to a human being. The reason I argue for all humans being persons is mainly not because of the implications of doing so, but the implications of not doing so. For example…

Abortion is justified by many in that until the foetus has reached a certain stage of development, it is not considered a person, and therefore the termination of an unborn child (before a certain stage of development) is not tantamount to murder. Therefore, if we begin to deny personhood to other human beings we can just as equally justify their killing, or even merely their mistreatment. Imagine living in a society which judged that you had lost your status as a person and therefore could be lawfully killed (not murdered) by a doctor without your consent.

http://www.alevelphilosophy.com/personhood/79...
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#253960 Aug 22, 2012
<quoted text>Except for Paul Ryan, whose 'plan' would outlaw abortion without exception, and every Congressman who signs the 'Pledge to Life' which purports to exemplify their willingness to grant 'personhood'(but not citizenship status) to every zygote conceived on US soil, at the expense of women's citizenship while pregnant.
<quoted text>Do you listen without question to everything you're told?
Just because one is paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to getcha.....
What's 'the plan' and 'the pledge to life'? Perhaps you read it wrong.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#253961 Aug 22, 2012
Upon completion of this lesson students will understand that the embryo or fetus is a human person. They may be able to discuss past instances in which people were denied personhood. They may be able to discuss how a choice of vocabulary determines our view of personhood.
Choose any of the following:
1.The denial of the fact that the fetus is a person is a time-honored tactic. Throughout history, we see examples of people being denied their personhood. Have students choose one example and compare it to the current abortion debate. Examples can include: black slaver, women's rights, Jews in Nazi Germany, mentally challenged.
2. The language used by abortionists reflects their desire to deny personhood to the pre-born child. Terms such as "products of conception" mask the human reality of the child in the womb. Discuss with the class the difference between a fetus and a baby, an embryo and a child, etc. Then have students understand that all language will either affirm or deny the personhood and humanity of those around us. Have them track the language they hear throughout the day, counting how many dehumanizing terms they encounter in the hallways, on radio (especially rap songs), in magazines, etc.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#253962 Aug 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less. You, however, lie all the time. Your posts on the subject of reality TV indicate you watch them. It's that simple.
You watch tv, not only that, you look like a couch potato. I am sure you have eaten a thousand pounds of cheetos in front of the boob tube.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#253963 Aug 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think we are going to adopt all the practices of third world countries? No one for the umpteenth time is wanting to kill pregnant women.

Atrisco Village

#253964 Aug 22, 2012
<quoted text>I believe abortion is okay. I also believe if a woman wants an abortion at 35 weeks and 6 days, she should be able to get one legally - if she's that determined not to be a mother, she'd make a terrible one. Further, I believe that there needs to be an unequivocal determination on the part of the people, EITHER that the state has an interest in the fetus which trumps the woman's, OR that abortion is a woman's choice, a legal medical procedure, and enjoys equal protection under the law. And then maybe we can move the hell ON with our lives, and quit worrying about somebody else's abortion.
Yes, I agree.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#253965 Aug 22, 2012
<quoted text>So?
we have 4,131,019 live births in this country per year, which means 120,907 births in this country per year. Alone.
<quoted text>How many bags of groceries, boxes of diapers, and canisters of formula did you send Natalya Suleman? Now there's a lady who practices what you preach.........I'd think those with a genuine PRO-LIFE stance would STILL be lined up around the block, to volunteer their undying solidarity with someone who not only has the courage of her own convictions, but courage enough to exemplify yours as well.
<quoted text>You may 'know' but you don't seem to 'care'.
<quoted text>One of the many hypocrisies inherent in the pro-life stance of the Republican party. Preventive medicine is a cornerstone of Conservatism. The GOP is against it. Go figure.
So how far off was she in stating we have 4,000 abortions a day?
The name went over my head,if you would have said Octomom,I wouldn't have had to look the name up,uh,thanks.
While I agree Octomom,is missing a few aces in the deck. Octomom chose to have her children,doesn't matter if she had one or twenty,you don't back her choice? Instead of getting into a display of stupidity over this,who should do what and all. I would think the doctor should foot the bill for these kids,he's as dingy as she is.

Location hidden

#253966 Aug 22, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Your nihilist hatemongering and bigotry sickens me.
person noun
2. a human being as distinguished from an animal or a thing
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/person
Definition of PERSON
1: human, individual
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per...
Your sickness is a facet of your unwillingness to see anyone's view but your own.

-person (n)
1. A human being, as distinguished from a potential human being.
2. An individual human being,(as distinguished from a human being inside the womb) with the demonstrable characteristics of sentience, personality, and intellect.

http://www.sisterkathrynlust.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Chimney1 169,216
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 7 min Cassandra_ 2,333
News Did sanctuary law lead to slaying? 11 min Bama Yankee 11
News Stunning Video Captures Explosion During Festiv... 13 min TW_sugar_daddio 5
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 15 min Its A Done Deal 645
News Kansas opens state workers' health plan to same... 27 min Big Bad Pope Francis 7
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 29 min Crazy Horse 38
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 38 min RealDave 1,252,783
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Dr Guru 192,565
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 333,427
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 186,760
More from around the web