Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

zef

Los Angeles, CA

#253976 Aug 22, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I back her choice. I back ALL the choices:
a) celibacy,
b) abstinence,
c) gestation, followed by raising one's offspring,
d) gestation, followed by relinquishing one's offspring,
and
e) abortion.
I did send a donation to her online fund, back when she gave birth. Since I APPLAUD life, and know that the government should not be responsible for our choices, I decided to contribute personally to the well being of those 14 children. I certainly wouldn't require anyone else to do so, other than Ms Suleman, and the putative father.
So sue me.
How can I be stalked, harrassed, and threatened incessently for choosing to wear eye protection, if those nihilistic tyrants are allowed to choose to kill innocent children with abortions?

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#253977 Aug 22, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO $75K for a "great" house? Shit, in Baltimore, 75 would barely buy a slum tenement.
She made it up http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-c...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#253978 Aug 22, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No. No one would perceive that as an abortion.
Clearly, you're WRONG as usual, since that was the reason given in that country for NOT treating her cancer you dunce.
BTW abortion will always be available as long as you can find doctors to do it.
Correction: Abortion will always be available as long as ANYONE wants one, with or without doctors and safe medical treatments.

What MOST poeple want to prevent is going back to the age of deaths like this:

http://www.lifeandlibertyforwomen.org/about_g...

Abortion has been around as long as pregnancy has, and its NOT going away. THe only thing that some are TRYING to make go away is making it safer than it used to be.

Fortunately, with assholes like Skanky spouting stupidity against education by saying nonsense like "who needs education? They already KNOW how to use BC.." and even BIGGER idiots with power like we're seeing being played out today by Aikin - who thinks "legitimate rape" doesn't result in pregnancy ONLY proves how wrong fools like Skanky are.

Igorance, most often willful - blindness - like yours Inkstain, most often selective, superstition most often caused by religous dogma, shows just how much the average person DOESNT know, and they pass their ignorance on from generation to generation.

As long as ignorance abounds, then women's right to choose WILL be necessary.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#253979 Aug 22, 2012
zef wrote:
Upon completion of this lesson students will understand that the embryo or fetus is a human person. They may be able to discuss past instances in which people were denied personhood. They may be able to discuss how a choice of vocabulary determines our view of personhood.
Choose any of the following:
1.The denial of the fact that the fetus is a person is a time-honored tactic. Throughout history, we see examples of people being denied their personhood. Have students choose one example and compare it to the current abortion debate. Examples can include: black slaver, women's rights, Jews in Nazi Germany, mentally challenged.
2. The language used by abortionists reflects their desire to deny personhood to the pre-born child. Terms such as "products of conception" mask the human reality of the child in the womb. Discuss with the class the difference between a fetus and a baby, an embryo and a child, etc. Then have students understand that all language will either affirm or deny the personhood and humanity of those around us. Have them track the language they hear throughout the day, counting how many dehumanizing terms they encounter in the hallways, on radio (especially rap songs), in magazines, etc.
Until they are 'around us' we have no basis for comparison. The woman is certainly 'around us', and therefore is unquestionably a person. The fetus is not, until its birth. Until it is born, it is a subset, given its dependent position in life.

As for those who are dependent upon other means of 'life sustainence', others have disposition of their 'lives' as a result of their affect on the lives of those others. Abortion is no different from pulling the plug, which is not only legal, but is accepted practice.

Do you support keeping patients on artificial life support indefinitely?

Location hidden

#253980 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how all you proaborts talk the talk but NONE walk the walk. We have appprox 4,000 abortion EVERY DAY to prove that.
ROFLMAOOOOOOOO!! The Skank is HYSTERICAL!! Talk about not walking the walk, this idiot, who is the POSTER CHILD for the WORST her version of "faith" has to offer - is lecturing about OTHERS.@@

Psssssssst Skankdawg, you DO know that a HUGE number of those abortions being done EVERY DAY are being done BY CATHOLICS, right?

You are an ass Skanky.

Location hidden

#253981 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree.
I think that the false agenda behind this concern for this young girl is what this is really about.
If that same woman had no cancer,but was just involved in a car accident(while pregnant)and needed IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY surgery,those Dr's would have done whatever it took to save her life...even if INDIRECTLY it took the life of her child and she miscarried because of it.
Really Skanky? Tell us, where did you go to law school that made you an expert on the Dominican Republic's legal system, hmmm?

Location hidden

#253982 Aug 22, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I be stalked, harrassed, and threatened incessently for choosing to wear eye protection, if those nihilistic tyrants are allowed to choose to kill innocent children with abortions?
Too much Xanax?

Location hidden

#253983 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree.
I think that the false agenda behind this concern for this young girl is what this is really about.
If that same woman had no cancer,but was just involved in a car accident(while pregnant)and needed IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY surgery,those Dr's would have done whatever it took to save her life...even if INDIRECTLY it took the life of her child and she miscarried because of it.
I find this terribly amusing.

Skanky, who's literally spend YEARS here saying she'd rather her child DIE than have a life saving abortion, is NOW trying to come up with excuses as to why this happened, or wouldn't have happened under a situation that didn't exist.

Funny how she talks from both sides of her mouth.

Location hidden

#253984 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! Most DEFINATELY that is Bitlers lifestyle.
I watched that show. Chubby kids,chubby mom,gross dad..REDNECKS.
ewwwwww
Bitler for SURE.
AHAHHAA
Spoken like a TRUE "christian".

You are a hypocritical POS Skanky.

You talk a lot (out of both sides of your big mouth) but you dont even PRETEND to walk the walk.

No wonder nobody takes your stupid ass seriously.@@

Location hidden

#253985 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> You'd rather spend your life on an abortion forum..
COming from the hypocrite that spend her entire work week here, this is funny stuff!!

Location hidden

#253986 Aug 22, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
JM... I've come to expect that from knit, but you!?
Why not? The ONLY difference between the Knut and the Skank is about 2000 miles, and one brain cell between them.

Location hidden

#253987 Aug 22, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How often is chemo being used for abortion now. I didn't know that was one of the options for an abortion. Seems kind of drastic to me.
Nobody said anything about chemo being used FOR abortion you dumbass.

WHY do you seek to have others believe you to be a complete moron Inkstain? You try VERY hard at it, and its really pathetic.

Location hidden

#253988 Aug 22, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you never read any of my posts over the years?
For some reason, Inkstain thinks playing dumb is attracive.

Location hidden

#253989 Aug 22, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that shouldn't apply to a pregnancy. LOL
You didn't ask what applied to pregnancy.

Why is it that when you ask a stupid question, you feel a need to twist the factual answers you're given to make it seem like the OTHER person is stupid? You DO know that the ONLY one who you make look bone stupid is yourself, right?
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#253991 Aug 22, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Until they are 'around us' we have no basis for comparison. The woman is certainly 'around us', and therefore is unquestionably a person. The fetus is not, until its birth. Until it is born, it is a subset, given its dependent position in life.
As for those who are dependent upon other means of 'life sustainence', others have disposition of their 'lives' as a result of their affect on the lives of those others. Abortion is no different from pulling the plug, which is not only legal, but is accepted practice.
Do you support keeping patients on artificial life support indefinitely?
When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birthweight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348

Location hidden

#253992 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. we have 4,000 abortions DAILY in this country alone. Doesn't seem like you pro-conception/anti-life folks are practicing what you preach.
Since MANY of them are Catholic, it seems that you anti-choice/anti-education/ant i-women hypocrites aren't either.
2. Since WHEN does the US "claim" to practice "preventive medicine"? That's a joke.
Since the last number of decades Skankdawg.

Jeez, you really should crawl out from under your rock more often and catch up with the REAL world.@@

Location hidden

#253993 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a proabort. This is disgusting thinking.
You're a moron, and yours is MUCH more disgusting than anyone elses.
I'm not interested in what YOU believe. Didn't you get the memo?
What makes you think ANYONE here gives two shits what you're interested in Skankdawg? You're meaningless, guess YOU didn't get the memo. Or you were cutting class when it was delivered.

Location hidden

#253994 Aug 22, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>You justify killing innocent humans BECAUSE of their location.
WHO'S backwards?
You are. You're also a lying sack of crap.

Nobody here has EVER justified "killing innocent humans" for ANY reason, let alone because of their location.

Please do keep up the STUPID outright lies Skanky. You do your agenda wonders with that ignorance. LOL!

Location hidden

#253995 Aug 22, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find this terribly amusing.
Skanky, who's literally spend YEARS here saying she'd rather her child DIE than have a life saving abortion, is NOW trying to come up with excuses as to why this happened, or wouldn't have happened under a situation that didn't exist.
Funny how she talks from both sides of her mouth.
She said THAT?

Location hidden

#253996 Aug 22, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birthweight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
I take it you are in favor of legally restricting a pregnant woman to those activities which have no potential for impact upon the fetus.

Let's see - what would those include?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Case dismissed against Cumberland County parent... (Feb '14) 29 min CaughtInTheCrossh... 29
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 41 min porkmo 10,563
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 44 min Cornelius Scudmister 233,789
News Mark Cuban endorses Hillary Clinton 59 min Responsibility 3
News VP contenders Pence, Kaine to campaign in NC ne... 1 hr Rob 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,406,609
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 1 hr JODECKO 266
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dianne 219,930
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Yeah 391,852
News A tale of two conventions 5 hr gwww 40
More from around the web