Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310229 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#247128 Jul 4, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> Foo, lala and chicky avidly defend nasty nana who wrote racial slurs against her own daughter and grandchildren. At first they themselves called her a racist btw...UNTIL she went proabort.
Nana has NEVER written any racial slurs against her own daughter and grandchildren. And, as usual, you offer absolutely no evidence to back up your BS. Can you really not stop yourself from lying? What a fine xtian example you set.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#247129 Jul 4, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> Who said she said that?
First of all, she isn't IN the south.
Yes, she is in the South. One state further and she'd be in the Gulf of Mexico. You can't get much further South.
SassyJM wrote:
Michelle even told her that she would have been better off aborting then to have a Grandma like her.
Ask them......go on....I want to see them deny it.
I don't believe Michelle ever said any such thing. I assume you can offer some proof of your accusations?

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#247130 Jul 4, 2012
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Nana has NEVER written any racial slurs against her own daughter and grandchildren. And, as usual, you offer absolutely no evidence to back up your BS. Can you really not stop yourself from lying? What a fine xtian example you set.
She lies about that as a matter of course, lies about how we supposedly chided NN for saying what she did not say, and lies about things I supposedly said regarding Latinos.

I think she's drunk when she posts on here, Cham. It certainly is starting to seem that way.

No one takes her seriously, fortunately.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#247131 Jul 4, 2012
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Nana has NEVER written any racial slurs against her own daughter and grandchildren. And, as usual, you offer absolutely no evidence to back up your BS. Can you really not stop yourself from lying? What a fine xtian example you set.
Sassy is right. By the way the nuns in the bus are in schism so they are not really Catholic anymore but old cranky women who lost their way and decided Christ is not important to them anymore. And by the way 80% or more of the nuns in the U.S. do not approve of what those nuns are doing.

Location hidden

#247132 Jul 4, 2012
&fe ature=player_embedded#!
Katie

Kent, WA

#247133 Jul 4, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be surprised. I didn't miss it.
There's no definition of viable there that defines it exclusively WITHOUT medical assistance.
Try again.
I'll pass, thanks anyway. Got better things to do with my time. Plus I think my link from a legal encyclopedia beats yours from a blog.

Happy Independence Day!!

"The bifurcation fallacy is committed when a false dilemma is presented, i.e. when someone is asked to choose between two options when there is at least one other option available. Of course, arguments that restrict the options to more than two but less than there really are are similarly fallacious."
http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/...
Katie

Kent, WA

#247134 Jul 4, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya see....again therein lies the problem. What you see as butting into other people's lives others see as caring for life other than their own or that which is related to them....and the fact that it's extermination is legal.
Your lack of compassion and your lack of any ability to see beyond your own self centered little world leads you to embrace a selfish concept like "don't like abortion.....don't have one".....and to not be able to even comprehend what sincerely motivates PL.
Only someone narrow minded and self absorbed could label that " a load of crap".
Look! A busy-body pointing his finger at me and claiming I'm self-absorbed when advocating for women to retain their civil rights.

You're so far removed from the truth and reality of my ability to see beyond rose-colored glasses, it's almost funny. Not funny haha, but ironic funny.

You just don't get it and you never will. You are not in charge of strangers' uteri. No matter how far you're willing to go in your mental masturbation, you're more'n likely just to implode of self-indulgence with all your fake "caring" and "compassion" of strangers' pregnancies.
Katie

Kent, WA

#247135 Jul 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, stop with the histrionics.
The *reality* is that it pisses you off that you can't control these women and girls in what is an extremely personal, often difficult decision for them.
The *reality* is is that you have no respect for these women and girls and don't think they are capable of determining how to proceed with the contents of their very own body.
The *reality* is is that you think you know *better* than they do, so you want to push them aside and show them "how it's done".
The *reality* is is that you could not care less what happens to the child once it is born, even though you whine about "extermination", because you don't care what household it's born into, as long as it's born, that is ALL that matters to you.
I could not care less what faux-clever retort you come up with. Everything I have posted here is 100% correct. Your twisting and denying and insulting will not change that fact.
Exactly, La!
Happy 4th :)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247136 Jul 4, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> Sassy is right. By the way the nuns in the bus are in schism so they are not really Catholic anymore but old cranky women who lost their way and decided Christ is not important to them anymore. And by the way 80% or more of the nuns in the U.S. do not approve of what those nuns are doing.
a) Smarmy is a liar. Whenever she posts, it's a lie. Just like YOU, apparently.

b)

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf...

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/priest-w...

http://www.toledoblade.com/Religion/2012/05/2...

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247137 Jul 4, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, La!
Happy 4th :)
I get tired of his bloviating and dancing around those cold, hard truths, hun. He has the unmitigated gall to call *you* "self-absorbed", where all you are doing is empowering the woman/girl. He's delusional.

Happy 4th, katie!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#247138 Jul 4, 2012
Funny; christ was all about helping the poor and not at all about political activism--the pope is the one who is ignoring his savior's word.

80% or more? Way to pull a statistic out of your anorectal area.
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> Sassy is right. By the way the nuns in the bus are in schism so they are not really Catholic anymore but old cranky women who lost their way and decided Christ is not important to them anymore. And by the way 80% or more of the nuns in the U.S. do not approve of what those nuns are doing.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#247139 Jul 4, 2012
C Hamilton wrote:
I asked Sassy exactly how this Nana used racial slurs against her own children and grandchildren and I saw no reply to my question.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247140 Jul 4, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked Sassy exactly how this Nana used racial slurs against her own children and grandchildren and I saw no reply to my question.
Once in a while she mentions something where Nana has expressed the difficulty of raising bi-racial children in the south.

Smarmy is an ignorant person who has difficulty processing the written word. She just posts crap like that to be inflammatory and to get people to pay attention to her, since clearly she is someone people always ignore IRL.

Location hidden

#247141 Jul 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
a) Smarmy is a liar. Whenever she posts, it's a lie. Just like YOU, apparently.
b)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GTpEmdD98QkXX
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf...
http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/priest-w...
http://www.toledoblade.com/Religion/2012/05/2...
hey, ladida, do you realize these women are spiritually married to Christ? These women who are supposed to serve Christ, are doing the most evil, the most vile by supporting abortion and contraception, gay marriage under the impression they serve the poor and the rest of the nuns don't or priests mind you. these nuns are in schism because they go against Christ's teachings . Also if you do your research, the women who call themselves nuns, Brides of Christ , you know are very liberal and have no new novitiates while the more orthodox Orders do.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247142 Jul 4, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> hey, ladida, do you realize these women are spiritually married to Christ? These women who are supposed to serve Christ, are doing the most evil, the most vile by supporting abortion and contraception, gay marriage under the impression they serve the poor and the rest of the nuns don't or priests mind you. these nuns are in schism because they go against Christ's teachings . Also if you do your research, the women who call themselves nuns, Brides of Christ , you know are very liberal and have no new novitiates while the more orthodox Orders do.
Where does Christ say he is against abortion? Where does he say he is against homosexuality? Or gay marriage? These are all *modern* additions to Christ's message, knit.

I think these women are brave. I think they are remembering Christ's *core* message about loving one another, about taking care of those less fortunate, etc. Christ could not care less about sex or abortion. If he did, he would've said something about it.

That is my opinion.

“The one who knows”

Location hidden

#247143 Jul 4, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> That's what I said you dolt. You were "invited" here to troll by Skanky.
I don't know who this Skanky individual is, I wasn't invited here by anyone having such a nick. Try again.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> You also admitted you have no real interest in the topic
Never said I wasn't interested, I just said that I was invited.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Actually YOU got the ball rolling by coming to this tread at the invitation of the Skank, to start shit. YOU started the racist bullshit, not anyone else.
You pushed a few boundaries, I smelled some blood in the water, and acted accordingly.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> I have absolutely no clue who you're talking about, but racism of ANY stripe is an unintelligent cowards way out.
Interesting, because your pals Seven and Pluto seems to be very selective over which comments to highlight regardless of the party ultimately responsible.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#247144 Jul 4, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> hey, ladida, do you realize these women are spiritually married to Christ? These women who are supposed to serve Christ, are doing the most evil, the most vile by supporting abortion and contraception, gay marriage under the impression they serve the poor and the rest of the nuns don't or priests mind you. these nuns are in schism because they go against Christ's teachings . Also if you do your research, the women who call themselves nuns, Brides of Christ , you know are very liberal and have no new novitiates while the more orthodox Orders do.
If you can call yourself a child of God after demonstrating your perversity with apparent pride and lack of Christian love, these woman can call themselves Catholic nuns or whatever they want to call themselves. Who cares? They are doing something to aid their fellow women. What are you doing for anyone, anywhere? Yes, we know. Nada, zip, zilch.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#247145 Jul 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Once in a while she mentions something where Nana has expressed the difficulty of raising bi-racial children in the south.
Smarmy is an ignorant person who has difficulty processing the written word. She just posts crap like that to be inflammatory and to get people to pay attention to her, since clearly she is someone people always ignore IRL.
I think it's simply reality she was expressing. It probably is difficult raising biracial children in some parts of the South.

I think Sass was just trying to find anything comparable that would justify her enthusiastic support of a blatant racist, and she failed.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#247146 Jul 4, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
A fantasy marriage to a man who has been dead for over 2000 years? And their job as nun/widows to this long dead guy...is to serve him? That's what their service to their Christian religion means? How sad and pathetic.

BTW, you also go against "Christ's teachings" so who are you to point a finger at those nuns? They have the courage to break from the herd and follow their own minds and hearts. I say bravo for them!

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#247147 Jul 4, 2012
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>I don't believe Michelle ever said any such thing. I assume you can offer some proof of your accusations?
When Nana started posting on Topix, she spoke of her bi-racial grandchildren. I took what she said in the wrong way as I thought that *she* had an issue with having bi-racial grandchildren. I said something to the effect that perhaps it would be better that a woman chooses abortion as opposed to bringing bi-racial children into a family that has a racist mentality. Being that I have dealt with a lot of hardcore racism growing up(as my family was the only Mexican family in an all white neighborhood and I went to Catholic grammar school that had a few Latino children enrolled), I could not imagine having to deal with that kind of intolerance from your own family.

Anyways, as Nana and I began to talk and get to know each other, I seriously misunderstood the point she was trying to make. She loves her grandbabies very much and has no issues with their racial background. She was speaking about how some folks in society, especially down South, view biracial children and the things they may experience due to their racial background. I do not recall her using any racial slurs when speaking of her grandbabies or using any racial slurs towards anyone else for that matter. Being that I have met Nana on here, have spoken to her on the phone and have met her in person, I can honestly say that she is good people, she has a good heart and I'm proud to call her my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,275,860
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 4 min kuda 204
Kitchen Cabinets For Sale North London 5 min lemoncuy 1
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 5 min Trumping On 11
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min red and right 173,575
News 'We can't be intimidated' 6 min justice 5
News Dozens rally in Michigan for ex-Marine held in ... 14 min see the light 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 193,739
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min JRB 197,019
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 33 min Your Ex 175
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 50 min Agents of Corruption 340,876
More from around the web