Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311476 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#247144 Jul 4, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> hey, ladida, do you realize these women are spiritually married to Christ? These women who are supposed to serve Christ, are doing the most evil, the most vile by supporting abortion and contraception, gay marriage under the impression they serve the poor and the rest of the nuns don't or priests mind you. these nuns are in schism because they go against Christ's teachings . Also if you do your research, the women who call themselves nuns, Brides of Christ , you know are very liberal and have no new novitiates while the more orthodox Orders do.
If you can call yourself a child of God after demonstrating your perversity with apparent pride and lack of Christian love, these woman can call themselves Catholic nuns or whatever they want to call themselves. Who cares? They are doing something to aid their fellow women. What are you doing for anyone, anywhere? Yes, we know. Nada, zip, zilch.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#247145 Jul 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Once in a while she mentions something where Nana has expressed the difficulty of raising bi-racial children in the south.
Smarmy is an ignorant person who has difficulty processing the written word. She just posts crap like that to be inflammatory and to get people to pay attention to her, since clearly she is someone people always ignore IRL.
I think it's simply reality she was expressing. It probably is difficult raising biracial children in some parts of the South.

I think Sass was just trying to find anything comparable that would justify her enthusiastic support of a blatant racist, and she failed.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#247146 Jul 4, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> hey, ladida, do you realize these women are spiritually married to Christ? These women who are supposed to serve Christ, are doing the most evil, the most vile by supporting abortion and contraception, gay marriage under the impression they serve the poor and the rest of the nuns don't or priests mind you. these nuns are in schism because they go against Christ's teachings . Also if you do your research, the women who call themselves nuns, Brides of Christ , you know are very liberal and have no new novitiates while the more orthodox Orders do.
A fantasy marriage to a man who has been dead for over 2000 years? And their job as nun/widows to this long dead guy...is to serve him? That's what their service to their Christian religion means? How sad and pathetic.

BTW, you also go against "Christ's teachings" so who are you to point a finger at those nuns? They have the courage to break from the herd and follow their own minds and hearts. I say bravo for them!

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#247147 Jul 4, 2012
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>I don't believe Michelle ever said any such thing. I assume you can offer some proof of your accusations?
When Nana started posting on Topix, she spoke of her bi-racial grandchildren. I took what she said in the wrong way as I thought that *she* had an issue with having bi-racial grandchildren. I said something to the effect that perhaps it would be better that a woman chooses abortion as opposed to bringing bi-racial children into a family that has a racist mentality. Being that I have dealt with a lot of hardcore racism growing up(as my family was the only Mexican family in an all white neighborhood and I went to Catholic grammar school that had a few Latino children enrolled), I could not imagine having to deal with that kind of intolerance from your own family.

Anyways, as Nana and I began to talk and get to know each other, I seriously misunderstood the point she was trying to make. She loves her grandbabies very much and has no issues with their racial background. She was speaking about how some folks in society, especially down South, view biracial children and the things they may experience due to their racial background. I do not recall her using any racial slurs when speaking of her grandbabies or using any racial slurs towards anyone else for that matter. Being that I have met Nana on here, have spoken to her on the phone and have met her in person, I can honestly say that she is good people, she has a good heart and I'm proud to call her my friend.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#247148 Jul 4, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's simply reality she was expressing. It probably is difficult raising biracial children in some parts of the South.
I think Sass was just trying to find anything comparable that would justify her enthusiastic support of a blatant racist, and she failed.
Yep. Nana ADORES these yummy kids. It's an exceptionally difficult thing raising bi-racial kids in some areas of the south, and she knew it.

You are correct. She's low-classed and dishonest enough to try to make it look like we all embrace bigotry, so why should she feel ashamed that she considers a racist her "ally". She doesn't have the integrity or class to admit her mistake. We sure have the lowest of the low in terms of "Christians" on here. Mercifully not all Christians are as stupid and hateful as some of these on here.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247149 Jul 4, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
When Nana started posting on Topix, she spoke of her bi-racial grandchildren. I took what she said in the wrong way as I thought that *she* had an issue with having bi-racial grandchildren. I said something to the effect that perhaps it would be better that a woman chooses abortion as opposed to bringing bi-racial children into a family that has a racist mentality. Being that I have dealt with a lot of hardcore racism growing up(as my family was the only Mexican family in an all white neighborhood and I went to Catholic grammar school that had a few Latino children enrolled), I could not imagine having to deal with that kind of intolerance from your own family.
Anyways, as Nana and I began to talk and get to know each other, I seriously misunderstood the point she was trying to make. She loves her grandbabies very much and has no issues with their racial background. She was speaking about how some folks in society, especially down South, view biracial children and the things they may experience due to their racial background. I do not recall her using any racial slurs when speaking of her grandbabies or using any racial slurs towards anyone else for that matter. Being that I have met Nana on here, have spoken to her on the phone and have met her in person, I can honestly say that she is good people, she has a good heart and I'm proud to call her my friend.
Thanks for clarifying this, Michelle.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#247150 Jul 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clarifying this, Michelle.
Hey La! How are you? How's the weather? It's hotter than a jalapeno's cooter here in Chicago! I was going to take the kids to see a ballgame but the heat is intolerable. Even the dogs don't want to go outside, lol.:o)

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#247151 Jul 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Christ say he is against abortion? Where does he say he is against homosexuality? Or gay marriage? These are all *modern* additions to Christ's message, knit.
I think these women are brave. I think they are remembering Christ's *core* message about loving one another, about taking care of those less fortunate, etc. Christ could not care less about sex or abortion. If he did, he would've said something about it.
That is my opinion.
Christ's core message is to love one another as I have loved you, so not loving an unborn child and say it doesn't deserve the right to life is going against what Christ taught, isn't it. Christ said to obey His Father, so a man laying with another man is still an abomination, Read the book of Genesis, man cannot create life with another man , can they. So its not natural to have a man have sex with another man isn't it. Christ does care, after all we are Temples of the Holy Spirit, We are made in God's Image so why would we destroy an Image of God by abortion? Or degrade our bodies and hate ourselves by having illicite sex? What about the saying what ever you do to the least of your brethren, you do to Me? Hmm? what about when during the visitation, Christ leaped in His mothers womb and so did St. John the Baptist. what about when God said He knew you before you were conceived? Remember what Christ told Mary Magdeline? Go and sin no more after he exorcised seven demons out of her. Yeah, Christ said something about abortion, homosexuality and immoral sex. there is a lot more so you are wrong again....

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247152 Jul 4, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey La! How are you? How's the weather? It's hotter than a jalapeno's cooter here in Chicago! I was going to take the kids to see a ballgame but the heat is intolerable. Even the dogs don't want to go outside, lol.:o)
Haha! Actually, here on the island we are usually a bit cooler than some inland spots, for which I am grateful! Hey! I see the Mets and the Cubbies are lining up to play again soon. You know that I always think about you when your boys play, and, even though of course I want the Mets to win, when they lose to the Cubbies I am happy for YOU!

xoxoxo!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#247153 Jul 4, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Christ's core message is to love one another as I have loved you, so not loving an unborn child and say it doesn't deserve the right to life is going against what Christ taught, isn't it. Christ said to obey His Father, so a man laying with another man is still an abomination, Read the book of Genesis, man cannot create life with another man , can they. So its not natural to have a man have sex with another man isn't it. Christ does care, after all we are Temples of the Holy Spirit, We are made in God's Image so why would we destroy an Image of God by abortion? Or degrade our bodies and hate ourselves by having illicite sex? What about the saying what ever you do to the least of your brethren, you do to Me? Hmm? what about when during the visitation, Christ leaped in His mothers womb and so did St. John the Baptist. what about when God said He knew you before you were conceived? Remember what Christ told Mary Magdeline? Go and sin no more after he exorcised seven demons out of her. Yeah, Christ said something about abortion, homosexuality and immoral sex. there is a lot more so you are wrong again....
What do your teachings say about gleefully posting comment after comment, video after video, of a perverse nature to people who do not agree with you? How do you justify doing exactly that, repeatedly, and without any sense of how hypocritical you are? Not only that, but this freaky stuff that you post is completely irrelevant to the issues that you claim to be here to address.

Are you really so intensely ignorant and primitive a person, that you don't get how skewed your mental process is?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#247154 Jul 4, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Christ's core message is to love one another as I have loved you, so not loving an unborn child and say it doesn't deserve the right to life is going against what Christ taught, isn't it. Christ said to obey His Father, so a man laying with another man is still an abomination, Read the book of Genesis, man cannot create life with another man , can they. So its not natural to have a man have sex with another man isn't it. Christ does care, after all we are Temples of the Holy Spirit, We are made in God's Image so why would we destroy an Image of God by abortion? Or degrade our bodies and hate ourselves by having illicite sex? What about the saying what ever you do to the least of your brethren, you do to Me? Hmm? what about when during the visitation, Christ leaped in His mothers womb and so did St. John the Baptist. what about when God said He knew you before you were conceived? Remember what Christ told Mary Magdeline? Go and sin no more after he exorcised seven demons out of her. Yeah, Christ said something about abortion, homosexuality and immoral sex. there is a lot more so you are wrong again....
Hi "Knit!"

Happy "Fourth!"

Admittedly, I like the references/rationalizations you provide but the simple fact of the matter is that nowhere in the Gospels did "Christ" ever refer to homosexuality. Not once.
Nor did he refer to "abortion..." Not once!

That said, while I like your references/rationalizations, your behavior on here--on many occasions--says that you're less qualified to speak about the intentions of "Christ" than your average run-of-the-mill "street-preacher."
You repeatedly--and enthusiastically--disobey the two basic tenets of Christianity:
1. "Love your neighbor as you would love yourself."
2. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I daresay I hardly need to bring up some of your past posts to show exactly how you've failed to live up to these to basic "teachings" of "Christ."

Start practicing those two and perhaps others might take posts like this from you a little more seriously...

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247155 Jul 4, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "Knit!"
Happy "Fourth!"
Admittedly, I like the references/rationalizations you provide but the simple fact of the matter is that nowhere in the Gospels did "Christ" ever refer to homosexuality. Not once.
That said, while I like your references/rationalizations, your behavior on here--on many occasions--says that you're less qualified to speak about the intentions of "Christ" than your average run-of-the-mill "street-preacher."
You repeatedly--and enthusiastically--disobey the two basic tenets of Christianity:
I daresay I hardly need to bring up some of your past posts to show exactly how you've failed to live up to these to basic "teachings" of "Christ."
Start practicing those two and perhaps others might take posts like this from you a little more seriously...
Well said, John.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#247156 Jul 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! Actually, here on the island we are usually a bit cooler than some inland spots, for which I am grateful! Hey! I see the Mets and the Cubbies are lining up to play again soon. You know that I always think about you when your boys play, and, even though of course I want the Mets to win, when they lose to the Cubbies I am happy for YOU!
xoxoxo!!
The Mets were here last week and I really wanted to take the kids to go see them. They were good games and your boys put a hurtin on my boys on the last game! I had to turn the tv off, LMAO!! The Cubs will be out there this weekend. My goal is to see them play in different cities. I've done Milwaukee and Cincinnati. New York is high on my list. My mama is thinking about going out there in November because she wants to take the kids to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. She wants me to go but the only time I'd go out to NY during winter is in February for the Westminster Kennel Club dog show or to see the Blackhawks play the Rangers or Islanders. Either way, I'll be inside away from the cold weather, lol.:o)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247157 Jul 4, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
Thank you for sharing the interpretations you've been taught.

a) Please see John's post, he says it rather well.

b) The Church is overly consumed with sex. It is overly preoccupied with it. If sex was so important to Christ, you wouldn't need to interpret his words. The Church has lost it's way. This pedophile crap is a symptom of that. The Church needs to be less concerned about sex, and more concerned about peace, and love, and goodwill. It has lost it's way, knit.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#247158 Jul 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, John.
"La," my friend! How're you doin'?
A very happy 4th to you and yours! Hopefully yours was a tad more exciting than mine was--everyone(myself included)--has got to go to work tomorrow so barbeques/celebrations were rather muted.
Ah well, we'll probably make-up for it this weekend--though I'm admittedly envious of a few friends of mine who've taken now through Monday off.

If "Knit" would even "occasionally" practice what she preaches she would probably not be nearly as despised as she is here...or wherever else she posts. That said, in spite of all she's done here, I still can't bring myself to "hate" her.

Go figure...

Best my friend!

:)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247159 Jul 4, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
"La," my friend! How're you doin'?
A very happy 4th to you and yours! Hopefully yours was a tad more exciting than mine was--everyone(myself included)--has got to go to work tomorrow so barbeques/celebrations were rather muted.
Ah well, we'll probably make-up for it this weekend--though I'm admittedly envious of a few friends of mine who've taken now through Monday off.
If "Knit" would even "occasionally" practice what she preaches she would probably not be nearly as despised as she is here...or wherever else she posts. That said, in spite of all she's done here, I still can't bring myself to "hate" her.
Go figure...
Best my friend!
:)
Mine was quite muted, as well. I had work yesterday, and would ordinarily be working tomorrow, but I am taking the day off for a whirlwind day of activities! These include (but are not limited to): going to the beach, driving into the city, seeing a Broadway show, going out to dinner in said city...woohoo! I don't vacation much so I'm really pumped about this! LOL!

If knit showed even a modicum of remorse or showed *kindness* towards people on here it would be positively wonderful. I, for one, do not hate her. I am perplexed by her lack of "Christianity" in spite of all of her posturing.

Backatcha, friend!

pupsilicious

Location hidden

#247160 Jul 4, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "Knit!"
Happy "Fourth!"
Everyone fails to live up to Christ's teachings sometime in their lives, but Christ still loves us dearly, we are human and make mistakes all the time, the apostles did and had bad tempers. Another thing Christ is God. so following what God said about homosexuality etc still goes. Christ doesn't have to label anything, Remember what he said , whatever you do to the least of your brethren you do to Me. so.... aborting an unborn child is aborting Christ you should say. God knew you way before you were even conceived. God also knows when you are going to kick the bucket, the exact second. Why should Christ throw around modern terms when He lived? You know you uphold an extremely evil and vile act that God condemns, killing the least of your brethren, nothing could be more worse than that because you destroyed an Image of God.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247161 Jul 4, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mets were here last week and I really wanted to take the kids to go see them. They were good games and your boys put a hurtin on my boys on the last game! I had to turn the tv off, LMAO!! The Cubs will be out there this weekend. My goal is to see them play in different cities. I've done Milwaukee and Cincinnati. New York is high on my list. My mama is thinking about going out there in November because she wants to take the kids to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. She wants me to go but the only time I'd go out to NY during winter is in February for the Westminster Kennel Club dog show or to see the Blackhawks play the Rangers or Islanders. Either way, I'll be inside away from the cold weather, lol.:o)
Yeah, they got back at your guys for the beating they took from the prior two games, sorry!: D

Too bad Thanksgiving isn't later this year. If you came in November for the parade, you might be able to stay for the tree lighting at Rockefeller Centre! Christmas in New York City is magical! You're used to the cold, aren't you? It's probably colder there than here :) A combo of the dog show and a Rangers game (not so much the Islanders, though, sorry guys!) would be awesome!

The closest I ever got to the Chicago-area was my niece stayed over for a few days a few months ago on her way out west to South Dakota and Colorado. I live vicariously, obviously!

xxo!

pupsilicious

Location hidden

#247162 Jul 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing the interpretations you've been taught.
a) Please see John's post, he says it rather well.
b) The Church is overly consumed with sex. It is overly preoccupied with it. If sex was so important to Christ, you wouldn't need to interpret his words. The Church has lost it's way. This pedophile crap is a symptom of that. The Church needs to be less concerned about sex, and more concerned about peace, and love, and goodwill. It has lost it's way, knit.
Not really, the priests haven't been doing their job on preaching about sex, their opinion too. Sex is god's gift to man and woman, its the only way to procreate and God blesses us when we multyply , remember , that is what God said. God gave man sexual pleasure just for marriage between a man and a woman, anything else is not natural, perverted. Go read Genesis.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#247163 Jul 4, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Quit suckin up already.
Who are YOU "miss Ive been stalking,attacking and harrassing Lynne for six years-NON STOP" of ALL people to tell another that they shouldnt be at war with someone on here..? Who CARES who YOU hold in high regard @@
Next.......
Exactly. They seem to think that just because someone they target doesn't see their posts, that it means they aren't stalking or harassing the person. Whoever IS here reading their posts can see they're stalking people and making harassing posts about them. I've seen them do it to other PLers who aren't posting here as well, but that one most of all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Blitzking 200,942
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Allie 219,133
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min The Donald_ 1,402,633
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 23 min Responsibility 9
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 24 min Bakker 5,179
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 50 min Abe 232,648
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 1 hr Bama Yankee 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr katrina 88 390,901
News RNC Day 3: Cruz booed, Pence nominated 4 hr gwww 167
News Ted Cruz quickly becomes news at GOP confab 4 hr Synque 137
More from around the web