Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313199 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#246297 Jun 28, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what is funny about this post of yours?
1. You left off the link and list of PROS for the law:
http://useconomy.about.com/od/healthcarerefor...
2. You also forgot to include the heading of the bullshit you presented as if were "fact":
"The conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation lists the disadvantages of Obamacare:"
Here is what the "Heritage Foundation" is:
http://www.askheritage.org/help-heritage-2/...
Fncking hilarious.
Now, can you find any FACTUAL information about Obama Care, or are you stuck on stupid?
Ill give you ONE more chance.
But thanks for the laugh and proving MY POINT. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Pretty convenient that she left out both, eh? Nice "unbiased" source, too.

She's an *idiot*.
The Bishop

Allentown, PA

#246298 Jun 29, 2012
Normal Flora wrote:
<quoted text>This is a perfect example of "I don't know what that word means (aphorism) and I'm too redneck proud to look it up, so I'll just take an uneducated guess that it's a movie and pretend like I seen it."
You are such a frigging embarrassment. That someone can be so willfully cruel and willfully ignorant in the name of jeeeeeeebus.
By the way, my God is Priapus the Perpetually Hard LOL. If you're going to adopt a mythology, make it a fun one!
My Dear Flora, The Bishop is glad that you are normal. I can assure you The Bishop is no "redneck" as my profession precludes much manual labor. As to your movie, I have not changed my mind on that topic but I understand where you are coming from. The Bishop does not know who Jeeeeeeeebus is but I do nothing in his name. Is he American or from another country?

As to your god, if you are happy good for you. While not The God, your god sounds like a fun diversion for a young girl. Enjoy your youth.

The Bishop will pray for you.
The Bishop

Allentown, PA

#246299 Jun 29, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Dance little closet boy, dance..
Dance of the Pool Boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WSamR_8rqL4XX&feature=rel ated
Maybe we should rename you Pool Boy...
LMFAO
The Bishop must admit, you seem obsessed with boys dancing in closets. That may be an unhealthy obsession. Be careful and be sure you keep a grip on your form of fun. It could become self-destructive.

If you love the male human body dancing that is fine. Certainly the Pool boys may be accommodating. Remember, look but don't touch. Please, The Bishop has enough just handling the prayers already generated by you folks.

No slow dances either, that can only lead to trouble.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#246303 Jun 29, 2012
bluestreak prime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your nick is inspired from a wiccan yule tradition. I don't believe that to be a coincidence, given your ties here to various wiccans.
And yet the foundation of a religious belief is, duh...the belief in some god. And I don't believe in any god.

Drone on about it as I move on shaking my head at your idiocy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246305 Jun 29, 2012
bluestreak prime wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't be me. I never cry. I retaliate. And ABIL has more class and character than you and your two gargoyles combined. Try again, dyke.
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. Why did YOU get banned?
ABIL tattled to the mods because I called you a name that made you cry.

Keep asking and I'll keep giving you the same answer.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246306 Jun 29, 2012
bluestreak prime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink seems to have it together. You could use a little therapy, though.
Fundie birds of a feather...LMAO!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246307 Jun 29, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
now don't be hard on little closet boy.. it is the only way he knows to keep from seeing that he is in a closet...
He's running from the truth, but it'll catch up with him one day and he'll give in to his homosexual desires.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246308 Jun 29, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the numbers that confused him... He is used to bouncing balls and shadow puppets..
LMAO!! He still can't grasp the most simple concept that I don't believe in any gods which is the very foundation of a religious faith. Those fundies really need more oxygen getting to their brains, damn.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246309 Jun 29, 2012
bluestreak prime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't swing with dudes..
Yet.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246310 Jun 29, 2012
bluestreak prime wrote:
BTW, fat boy, how ya like the new avatar?
Another guy you have the hots for...yawn. You use guys you're attracted to for all you avatars. Nothing different about this one.
Anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#246311 Jun 29, 2012
Over 200,000 comments of pure swill. No wonder Congress ignores the people.

Anyone interested in the topic? You know, reproductive rights? I'm for the rights of the mother. There's no sense in bringing a baby into the world that nobody wants.

Step 1 of the class war: Get a reason to live before going through the motions for 70 or more years.

Step 2: Don't wait for someone else to do it for you.

Sheesh!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246312 Jun 29, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what is funny about this post of yours?
1. You left off the link and list of PROS for the law:
http://useconomy.about.com/od/healthcarerefor...
2. You also forgot to include the heading of the bullshit you presented as if were "fact":
"The conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation lists the disadvantages of Obamacare:"
Here is what the "Heritage Foundation" is:
http://www.askheritage.org/help-heritage-2/...
Fncking hilarious.
Now, can you find any FACTUAL information about Obama Care, or are you stuck on stupid?
Ill give you ONE more chance.
But thanks for the laugh and proving MY POINT. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Fundies like Ink just go with what they get spoonfed from the pulpits and that's all they know. They don't seem to care that there is always another side to things or that what they get spoonfed might not be the facts.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246313 Jun 29, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did. If you thought your god was real, you would follow his rules no matter what others do. You don't so you admit there is no god.
Exactly. It's just that simple. And still they don't get it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246314 Jun 29, 2012
bluestreak prime wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I never said that God didn't exist. I just made it rather evident that I'm not going to play solely according to your expectations.
Or the expectations of your own religious dogma, like a typical faux-Christian hypocrite.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246315 Jun 29, 2012
bluestreak prime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dance for a "guy".
Yet.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#246316 Jun 29, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
I work for a charity, freak show. They BILL THE STATE FOR MY PAY, you freaking moron. Your cult doesn't use it's OWN MONEY FOR CHARITY!! It used your taxes
You idiots are so easy to trigger. Gibber on, loony.
Have you attended your child raping church lately? Given money to a molesting organization? What have YOU done to serve the poor and sick??You are a grotesque hypocrite.
This is the spin you're putting on it now ? How long did it take to come up with THIS one ?
What money of it's "OWN' does the Catholic church really have ? All the money it has is from the people....either through government grants or voluntary donations. But either way they are the conduit for channelling that money to you or anyone else who does work on their behalf.
And you claim they promote pedophilia yet you accept that money.
You shouldn't be touching a DIME that has even an inkling of that organizaton's fingerprints on it.

You make me sick.......get off this forum !!!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246317 Jun 29, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one tied up in knots, YOU are. You are right, I DON'T dictate the rules to you. Your god does. You obviously DON'T take him seriously.
You keep proclaiming yourself a "christian" yet ignoring your "gods" rules.
Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Matthew 3:8
Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.
Isaiah 66:2
All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the Lord. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.
1 Corinthians 11:1-2
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.
And this special one just for YOU:
2 Thessalonians 1:8
In flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
So you keep right on pretending to be a christian while ignoring your own dogma, proving you know god is a myth and I will educate you about the bible.
You're welcome.
You actually expect faux-Christian hypocrites to understand the very scriptures they use to hold themselves up as pious and righteous? LMAO!!!

You know with the faux-Christians it's only about image, like...*lookit me bloviating about god and scripture so you'll know I'm so pious*, and then their very actions prove it's all just for show.

It's interesting that he's actually blaming you for his extremely non-Christian actions on here rather than holding himself accountable for how he decides to act.

Fundies are a mess. They convince me daily that Christianity is just loaded with hypocrites.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#246318 Jun 29, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
That describes both Lynn and Skank.
What I find interesting about Sasshole is how she keeps trying to change her personality from moment to moment. She quickly switches from a fire and brimstone fundie to a giggly little idiot girl to a whiner, etc. She can't find her own voice and that comes from a lifetime of being a willing, non-thinking fundie sheep.

“Game on !”

nyc

#246319 Jun 29, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Common law used the medical definition of VIABILITY (which does not include the use of medical aid)
Tell me something my simple friend....does that medical definition that common law used explicitly EXCLUDE the use of medical assistance ?
I thought not.
Exactly when is it that you are going to provide me with a definition of viability that explicitly excludes medical assistance ?

I can provide one that explicitly INCLUDES it :

From the McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine :

"viable infant
Neonatology An infant who is likely to survive to the point of sustaining life independently, given the benefit of available medical therapy."

Now it's YOUR turn !

before Roe v Wade. Following Roe v Wade, "Colautti v Franklin rejected a Pennsylvania statute that would have required physicians to protect the life of a potentially viable fetus either during or after an abortive procedure, ruling instead that the determination of viability was to be performed on a case-by-case basis."
So there is no exact VIABILITY legally defined or made into law. Instead, rightly so, physicians are legally able to determine VIABILITY on a case by case basis using medical knowledge, NOT legal knowledge.
Of course viability is determined by physicians on a case by case basis. They determine whether or not the condition of viability exists. They DON'T determine the DEFINITION of viability on a case by case basis !
Do you think a physician can say....."Hmmmm let me see, I think I'll apply the consideration of medical assistance in my determination of viability for preemie "A" but for preemie "B" I'm not going to consider available medical assistance at all ?"
Roe v Wade played a part in the evolution of the term VIABILITY, but imo it did not legally define it in the sense you, Triple L, and BA are claiming.
Yes they did. They established the definition of viability for the purposes of abortion statutes. They set the legal precedent.
If they hadn't then why did the Court rule thusly in "Danforth vs Planned Parenthood" ?........

"In Roe, we used the term "viable," properly we thought, to signify the point at which the fetus is "potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid," and presumably capable of "meaningful life outside the mother's womb," 410 U.S. at 160, 163. We noted that this point "is usually placed" at about seven months or 28 weeks, but may occur earlier. Id. at 160.

We agree with the District Court, and conclude that the definition of viability in the Act does not conflict with what was said and held in Roe"

There you have it.....the Supreme Court used the definition of viability in ROE as legal precedent when faced with a challenge to the definition of viability as included in the Missouri abortion statute. And the challenge was DENIED.

You lose.

“Game on !”

nyc

#246320 Jun 29, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. No need to belabor the inference of medical assistance requirement.
Agreed. And BC's contention that an otherwise healthy preemie who may need some temporary artificial assistance to breathe....is non viable.....is absurd.
I know you can never bring yourself to say it......so I've done it for you.
Theoretically speaking, 40% chance of survival outside the womb is a chance. Theoretically speaking, 10% is a chance as well. But, if in the doctor's expert opinion the chance of survival is 49.99% or less (yes I am being overly emphatic) you have a non-viable fetus, which is confirmed by the definition you cite.

In practicality, there is no medical insurance that will pay for any medical assistance of a non-viable fetus. So, unless mom and dad are personally related to Donald Trump, or Henry Flagler, the fetus will die.
In direct contrast to what BC claims. According to her viability is the goal of medical assistance....and medical assistance is provided to non viable infants all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 2 min UncleJed 4,581
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min moshx 1,480,930
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min replaytime 218,774
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 20 min huntcoyotes 467
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 21 min USA 14,878
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 24 min Trump your President 3,648
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 25 min Quirky 18,005
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr -Dont Panic- 409,450
News Hillary Clinton won US popular vote by nearly 2... 4 hr Susanm 1,166
More from around the web