Stars come to Big Bird's defense

Stars come to Big Bird's defense

There are 42 comments on the WTAE-TV Pittsburgh story from Oct 4, 2012, titled Stars come to Big Bird's defense. In it, WTAE-TV Pittsburgh reports that:

Among the topics covered during Wednesday's presidential debate were taxes, the deficit ... and Big Bird, who's quickly becoming a contentious sticking point in the run-up to the election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTAE-TV Pittsburgh.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#23 Oct 5, 2012
807,506,822,000 TAXPAYER DOLLARS SPENT IN IRAQ

572,153,637,000 TAXPAYER DOLLARS SPENT IN AFGHANISTAN

7 million + TAXPAYER DOLLARS SPENT ON SPONSORING A NASCAR DRIVER - an idea overwhelmingly voted on by Republicans.

445 million to fund all PBS TV and radio stations in the country.

WOW, Mitt. You got that economy thing under control, don't you?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#24 Oct 5, 2012
Obama sounds more like Eor of Winnie the Pooh every day.
"Oh my. Bush Did it. Oh gosh. Gee Whizz. It's too hard to fix. Oh my. What to do . What to do. Oh my. I guess I'm not fun enough to get a teleprompter. Oh my"

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#25 Oct 5, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
7 million + TAXPAYER DOLLARS SPENT ON SPONSORING A NASCAR DRIVER - an idea overwhelmingly voted on by Republicans.
Excellent point. The best thing to do when you're broke is go out and buy another new car.
Dear John

Central District, Hong Kong

#26 Oct 5, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
Obama sounds more like Eor of Winnie the Pooh every day.
"Oh my. Bush Did it. Oh gosh. Gee Whizz. It's too hard to fix. Oh my. What to do . What to do. Oh my. I guess I'm not fun enough to get a teleprompter. Oh my"
8boy! din't get Bush check?;) you wanne care or check!!!;)

Location hidden

#28 Oct 5, 2012
I wonder what other "federal funding" Mitt and Paul will go after once they're in office.

National Parks, perhaps?

The National Weather Service?

Food and Drug Safety Programs?

Science Research (which is 80% funded by the government)?

Zoos, museums and science centers?

Interstate highway system?

The FAA?

The CDC?

Public libraries?

It might be Big Bird today, but what will it be tomorrow?

Location hidden

#29 Oct 5, 2012
How many people realize that other than New Mexico, the top states feeding at the federal trough are RED states?

1. D.C.($6.17)
2. North Dakota ($2.03)
3. New Mexico ($1.89)
4. Mississippi ($1.84)
5. Alaska ($1.82)
6. West Virginia ($1.74)
7. Montana ($1.64)
8. Alabama ($1.61)
9. South Dakota ($1.59)
10. Arkansas ($1.53)

Location hidden

#30 Oct 5, 2012
I wonder if Mitt has thought about or cares about how many jobs will be lost if he defunds PBS? Killing jobs is what he knows best.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#31 Oct 5, 2012
Code Red Empty wrote:
There is too much dependency on TV and Big Bird. It starts young.
Yeah. Waaaaay to much Faux News, WorldNutDaily.com , Hannity, Limbaugh dependency.

Hypoluxo Fl

#32 Oct 5, 2012
obama FAILURE wrote:
liberals, stop watching tv you illiterate dolts
From the voice of the 24/7 Faux News viewer.

Hypoluxo Fl

#33 Oct 5, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
I don't see why liberals are getting so upset over Big Bird, most liberals get their educational programming from Jerry Springer.
He's at least on step ahead of your homeschool teacher.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#34 Oct 5, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
How many people realize that other than New Mexico, the top states feeding at the federal trough are RED states?
1. D.C.($6.17)
2. North Dakota ($2.03)
3. New Mexico ($1.89)
4. Mississippi ($1.84)
5. Alaska ($1.82)
6. West Virginia ($1.74)
7. Montana ($1.64)
8. Alabama ($1.61)
9. South Dakota ($1.59)
10. Arkansas ($1.53)
Some of those states are purple , such as W. Va.and Arkansas.,why you put D.C. on that list ? Only a LEFTY can explain that.

Location hidden

#35 Oct 5, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of those states are purple , such as W. Va.and Arkansas.,why you put D.C. on that list ? Only a LEFTY can explain that.
I'll bet you believe Washington DC is still inhabited by poor black people. I hate to tell you, but they got run off to the 'burbs long ago. DC is now filled with rich white Republicans.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#36 Oct 5, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you believe Washington DC is still inhabited by poor black people. I hate to tell you, but they got run off to the 'burbs long ago. DC is now filled with rich white Republicans.
Duh.

Yeah , sure , the Obamaites have pumped so much money into D.C. that Republicans are moving there by the thousnds.

Typical LEFTY.

Hey LEFTY !

One of those RICH living there is Dirty Harry Reid who rents a suite at the Waldorf-Astoria.

Hey LEFTY.

Jason Chaffetz , Tea Party elected , sleeps on a cot in his Cong. office.

Hey LEFTY...you are full of shytte and we both know it.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#37 Oct 5, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh.
Yeah , sure , the Obamaites have pumped so much money into D.C. that Republicans are moving there by the thousnds.
Typical LEFTY.
Hey LEFTY !
One of those RICH living there is Dirty Harry Reid who rents a suite at the Waldorf-Astoria.
Hey LEFTY.
Jason Chaffetz , Tea Party elected , sleeps on a cot in his Cong. office.
Hey LEFTY...you are full of shytte and we both know it.
Here, ladies and gentlemen are the writings and intelligence of a typical Republican and yet, they want to cut funding for educational programs?(smirk)
DEBT CODE RED

Denver, CO

#38 Oct 5, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
Like I said, Barack is Bush Heavy. Iraq wasn't finished yet, he sent troops to Afganistan, and bombed drones over Pakistan on Day 2 of his office. Barack has spent two thirds the money 572,153,637,000 in Afganistan in 3 years than Bush did in entire Iraq. More troop casualties too in the first year alone.

Voting for Barack is voting for Bush to get another 8 years of failed spending policies.

Barack is unable t o quit spending. He has an addiction to spending. Americans WON'T SEE A PENNY OF HIS TAX INCREASES because ALL WILL GO TO HIS CRONIES AS BEFORE.

Free phones is the job of a trinkets salesman not a President.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Location hidden

#39 Oct 5, 2012
3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling a compassionate and effective father, husband and businessman soulless and cretinous shows only your ridiculous, insane extremism, which actually sounds almost as bad as the extremism of Obama responding to the murder of four in Libya by knowingly inflaming with false rhetoric the Islamic rabble in 20 countries to riot and murder to take American's attention off his failure to protect his own diplomats.
If you think Romney is compassionate, you probably also think Sarah Palin is an intellectual.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#40 Oct 5, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Here, ladies and gentlemen are the writings and intelligence of a typical Republican and yet, they want to cut funding for educational programs?(smirk)
Accurate and to the point.

Yes , many D.C. areas are being upgraded in the housing market but to claim that it's rich Republicans moving in alledgedly in high numbers in a Dem dominated city is pure propaganda to anyone regardless of education level.

Obviously his LEFTY remark means he has data to back it up, if he doesn't than you do.

I'll debate your LEFTY azz on any subject and your LEFTY azz will find out how educated and observant I am.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#41 Oct 5, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>He's at least on step ahead of your homeschool teacher.
Every dark cloud,eh?
At least Oblamer learned one thing during the debate.
He learned what a real leader looks and sounds like.
The debate on foreign policy should even be better.
About the only thing Oblamer knows about the Middle East is they have lots of tough sand traps.

FORE

“Happiness comes through giving”

Location hidden

#42 Oct 5, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Accurate and to the point.
Yes , many D.C. areas are being upgraded in the housing market but to claim that it's rich Republicans moving in alledgedly in high numbers in a Dem dominated city is pure propaganda to anyone regardless of education level.
Obviously his LEFTY remark means he has data to back it up, if he doesn't than you do.
I'll debate your LEFTY azz on any subject and your LEFTY azz will find out how educated and observant I am.
Your levels of education and observation have made themselves quite clear on these threads. Back to the drawing board.
jaywax

Baltimore, MD

#43 Oct 5, 2012
Wow.., Romney threatens "BigBird..", but accepts money from "Tha Donald ", go figure

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Injudgement 258,939
News Investigations into Russia to continue after Fl... 1 min Lawrence Wolf 172
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min Rico from East Lo... 412,609
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,497,248
News Not My President's Day' march draws hundreds to... 2 min Mikey 11
News Arpaio successor pulls back on immigration hold... 3 min Retribution 32
News President Trump gets to day 32, won't have shor... 3 min Pat Robertson s F... 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques in Ottawa 237,334
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 min chazmo 36,140
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 9 min Bakker 20,931
More from around the web