Obama heads home to refocus on the ec...

Obama heads home to refocus on the economy

There are 126 comments on the WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh story from Jul 24, 2013, titled Obama heads home to refocus on the economy. In it, WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh reports that:

President Barack Obama returns to his home state of Illinois on Wednesday to kick off a series of speeches intended to shift the public conversation back to the economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
higgans

Avon, IN

#2 Jul 24, 2013
when Obama goes to Chicago, he best not let his kids go out for any 'snacks'.... even WITH body guards!

some 'white' black or 'white' something might shoot'em while aiming for ?????
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Jul 24, 2013
yeah, he's gotta check with flotus if theres money in his checking account, as for the citizens accounts, he doesn't give a shat.

Since: Dec 07

Humble, TX

#4 Jul 24, 2013
What he'll suggest is more taxes to get back the taxes that he squandered in jobs programs and green eneregy bankruptcies in his first term!!
Justin

United States

#5 Jul 24, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
If Bill Clinton had had a son, he be just like Anthony Wiener!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHA
IF Clinton had a son... he'd look like Barack Obama.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 24, 2013
Doesn't do much good to "refocus on the economy" when you're not doing much to improve it, and the other party is stonewalling everything you actually DO.

But I guess it sounds good..
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Richmond, IN

#7 Jul 24, 2013
He should have been focusing on the economy during both terms! Same for the gop!

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#8 Jul 24, 2013
LOL, this guy is an idiot.

And again, the foundational issue of monetary policy will not be addressed.

National Debt in 2000 was $2T. National Debt now $56T.

Here is a good chart that shows it.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/wp-content...

So anyone think that monetary policy needs to be addressed? Not this guy in the Oval office. Nor the idiot members of Congress.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#9 Jul 24, 2013
so, is it going to be "laser like" focus?
or, the same nebulous bullshit focus he spewed the other 19 times he's "focused" on the economy?

i'm amazed he can do this with a straight face!

usa

#10 Jul 24, 2013
Kahoki wrote:
So anyone think that monetary policy needs to be addressed? Not this guy in the Oval office. Nor the idiot members of Congress.
he's going to address the same damned thing he always addresses...
my enemies are thwarting my vision...
hate them with me!
it's ALL their fault!

to even consider the man has so much as a basic understanding of the economy, let alone a "plan" is totally ludicrous!
fscott

Corrales, NM

#11 Jul 24, 2013
Do you really think Obama cares about the economy. He is to busy trying to enrich his friends and supporters with the time he has left in office. He will go down as the worst President in the history of our country. My only hope is the country isn't bankrupt by the time he leaves office.
Hillary McQueen

Franklin, IN

#12 Jul 24, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
If Bill Clinton had had a son, he be just like Anthony Wiener!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHA
If = no! Hehe u is so deng dong;-00
Justin

United States

#13 Jul 24, 2013
All these companies who haven't re-hired staff yet, is this what they've been waiting for...?

They're waiting for predident Obama to get back to his office at the White House and focus like a laser beam on the economy?

I don't think so. By and large, America doesn't have a centralized, command driven economy. Government action is to a free market what rain is to a baseball game; it's typically only has a negative effect.

Nobody says: "Oh, yeah Washington D.C. is back from vacation! Let's everyone starting hiring again.".
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 24, 2013
Kahoki wrote:
Neoliberals and debt-hawks are a large part of the problem with our recovery from recession. The guy in the Oval Office knows that, at least.

“Open your eyes”

Central Florida

#15 Jul 24, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
hate them with me!
it's ALL their fault!
to even consider the man has so much as a basic understanding of the economy, let alone a "plan" is totally ludicrous!
Also, did you hear who is the front runner for the Fed job after Bernanke screwed us all?

Larry Summers.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 24, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
hate them with me!
it's ALL their fault!
The trouble is he's right, at least as far as debt-hawk, obstructionist partisan Republicans preventing a full recovery from taking place while basically sabotaging our economy by playing games with the debt ceiling.

Republican "free marketeers" do not have even a basic understanding of the economy. Period.

“Open your eyes”

Central Florida

#17 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Neoliberals and debt-hawks are a large part of the problem with our recovery from recession. The guy in the Oval Office knows that, at least.
The problem is monetary.

Debt is money and money is debt.

We have a debt based currency system. That's the problem. And the creation is from banks. Government does not create money per Article 1 Section 8.

The Fed creates it in a computer out of nothing by changing decimal points. The other way is through the use of personal credit cards. Each time someone uses that credit card, it add's additional monies to the balance sheets of the banks that issued the card. And the banks are then creating money.

But the entire money supply is debt.

This is the problem that is never addressed. And everything revolves around money.

Want to build a bridge? Fix a road? Feed the poor? Bail out a bank? Start some new government program? Anything and everything revolves around money.

But with the present debt based currency system, in order to generate the money needed, they take out loans and create new debt in which we the people have to pay the interest and principle. When all they have to do (Congress) is create the money supply, issue it, cap the quantity, and regulate the value. No debt needed.

usa

#18 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
The trouble is he's right, at least as far as debt-hawk, obstructionist partisan Republicans preventing a full recovery from taking place while basically sabotaging our economy by playing games with the debt ceiling.
Republican "free marketeers" do not have even a basic understanding of the economy. Period.
an amazing display of wrong...
you're very good at that.

“Open your eyes”

Central Florida

#19 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, maybe not. You are still not addressing the monetary issue though.

Blame political parties all you like. It's a fail argument.

Until the foundation of any economy is addressed, you blame is worthless.

usa

#20 Jul 24, 2013
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, did you hear who is the front runner for the Fed job after Bernanke screwed us all?
Larry Summers.
it doesn't surprise me...hell, he could pick donna summers, elke sommers or even suzzanne somers and it wouldn't surprise me.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#21 Jul 24, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
an amazing display of wrong...
you're very good at that.
And you're quite good at never showing why what you say is true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in Cali... 2 min Denny CranesPlace 338
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 2 min Mite Be 617
News Oregon Christian Bakers Wedding Cake Case Going... 4 min NE Jade 14
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,375,360
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Denny CranesPlace 223,030
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min _White American_ 381,677
News A foster father raped underage girls for 14 yea... 8 min Three Days 1
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 11 min Mite Be 527
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 16 min Brian_G 2,823
News Donald Trump, pictured, was labelled 'divisive,... 42 min Go Blue Forever 51
More from around the web