Steubenville's Jane Doe Receives Deat...

Steubenville's Jane Doe Receives Death Threats

There are 367 comments on the dailykos.com story from Mar 18, 2013, titled Steubenville's Jane Doe Receives Death Threats. In it, dailykos.com reports that:

A tag is a way to search for this diary. If someone is searching for "Barack Obama," is this a diary they'd be trying to find? Use a person's full name, without any title.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at dailykos.com.

“God Save America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#47 Mar 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...Just further proof of the dysfunction and small town mentality, that permeates these inept pockets of society..........
Sorry to disagree but it has nothing to do with small town mentality. It has to do with the deplorable state of moral values in the entire country. After the Government decided years ago to kick God out of the educational system and out of every facet of society they could, our country has become a nation of grossly immoral people who have no respect for the rights of others. It's now "I'm the only one who matters" society. Few today have any sense of decency.

“God Save America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#48 Mar 19, 2013
law buff wrote:
If you read all of the news articles, the one boy's mother is the area's Prosecuting Attorney!!! It was the PA's House where parties were held!!!
So far she hasn't been charged, nor has her son!!!
From what I've read & seen on CNN & Fox NEWS, the Sheriff, Judge & Prosecuting Attorney all need to be investigated to determine why they allowed this to drag on for months before taking action.
I would love to find out that everyone, Parents, Coaches, Kids, everyone who has been involved in supporting/condoning this behavior is brought up on charges!!!
I wasn’t aware of this. I do appreciate the information. It’s unbelievable how corrupt some of our legal authorities are. This PA should lose her job and be charged with –at the very least—being an accessory to the crime. Is she that brainless as to let this go on in her own house? Apparently she has absolutely no sense of right and wrong and one with that mentality is not qualified to be prosecuting criminals, for she’s one herself. Likewise, her son should be charged. If the State Attorney has this information and does nothing about it, we should make world wide media aware of it. News agencies in Britain have been following the story, so I am going to inquire if they knew about this.
You said ‘From what I've read & seen on CNN & Fox NEWS, the Sheriff, Judge & Prosecuting Attorney all need to be investigated to determine why they allowed this to drag on for months before taking action.” An excellent point! I saw the Sheriff interviewed and his attitude was just one wimpy attempt to justify the lack of action by his department. I suppose the fact The PA was involved was the reason for his reticence in doing a thorough investigation.
Everyone at that party should be charged, for they were accessories to the crimes committed on this girl. Had someone called the police while it was happening, more of the criminals would have been arrested.
Disgusted by Steubenville

Columbus, OH

#49 Mar 19, 2013
Full Report wrote:
Tashema Harris Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/tashema.harris...
If you look further, some moron asks how Ma'lik can be charged with rape when his DNA wasn't on her (in more colorful language obviously). Umm...do they not realize that eye witness accounts, bragging in text messages and pictures and video are just as damning evidence as DNA? Uneducated river trash in that town...it disgusts me that this is how the victim will be treated every where she goes until she moves away from there. And to call her a whore or a slut, in rape cases, a victim's past cannot be used against them. Regardless if you've had sex before, it doesn't mean because she isn't a virgin that she can't be raped. These foul pigs in this town need to understand that RAPE is RAPE, forceful and unwelcome, regardless of her history.
haha

Cincinnati, OH

#51 Mar 19, 2013
ohwell wrote:
For those of us who have daughters and sons......these stories are just gut wrenching. I don't know many of the details of this case, but I am curious about a few things:
1. This girl was drinking and because of this, she did not have to bear any responsibility for what happened to her. Why?
2. If the boys were drinking and were just as drunk as the girl......why is the bar set differently for them? Are they required to be more responsible simply because they are male?
3. Were there witnesses to this crime? If so, why didn't they stop it?
Every girl who goes to a party knows the risks when they choose to get drunk. Parents go over and over the scenarios and code words to slyly pick up their kids and get them out of these kinds of situations-no questions asked.Big brothers advise their sisters of the dangers that lurk. And yet.....there are always those girls who don't listen.
Girls are NEVER supposed to break away from their groups. They have to be wary of roofies and other hazards that could put them in a vulnerable position.
Of course girls do break away. They end up having sex they regret or maybe not. So who's to decide if it's a rape if they are both equally drunk?
We all know the party girls who don't care and black out every weekend starting in high school ...then college and after work. I'm not saying they deserve to be raped but I also don't think they should be absolved from responsibility especially if the guys are held fully responsible...regardless of their sobriety.
If someone rides a motorcycle without a helmet, skids on some gravel, crashes and dies. Do the parents blame the gravel or the motorcycle? Or maybe is that what can happen when you engage in risky behavior?
I'm not making excuses for these boys but I've seen the party girls over the years. I've seen these 'party girls' running around in nothing but underpants at frat houses screaming f me. Sometimes these girls are so blacked out, they don't even remember anything. Same way for the guys. Is it rape if some guy takes the girls seriously?
This case is obviously different because I think the girl was passed out and was passed around. This of course is the lowest of the low but what if these guys were so blacked out and they weren't fully aware of their heinous actions?
Now, folks are jumping on CNN reporters for commenting on the travesty and how quickly these boys ruined their lives. It surely should be discussed and I'll bet those reporters probably have sons or brothers.
when i was in high school & everybody got drunk we protected the people that were too drunk by watching them to make sure they did die from choking on their own puke.

the boys could have protected her, they could have watched her to make sure she was all right

but instead they assaulted her in stoopidsville, sounds like your town has some real winners

to me your town will always be known as little rapist india! lol
geez

United States

#52 Mar 19, 2013
ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>This is a conversation that has existed for decades and yet.......girls are getting blacked out and then wondering what the hell happened as they lay in their vomit with their pants around their ankles. Is a guy held to a different standard than the girl? In many cases, yes.
How do you know there are so many rapes going on if they aren't reported?
Girls who choose to engage in high risk behaviors such as consuming drugs and alcohol are at high risk for rape or non consensual sex. This is the conversation....it's not about blaming others....it's about reflecting on how to avoid the risks.
Wanna know why 'rape' happens? Drugs and alcohol are usually involved.
Whatever happened to being a "gentleman" ?That would be...gentle MAN
nellie

Orange Park, FL

#53 Mar 19, 2013
NO girl (or boy) blacks out voluntarily...Someone wrote"does the girl have to bear responsiblity forwhat happened? " that is a real clueless question...Her life has been a living hell, and it still goes on with the death threats,etc.what kind of future is she going to have?..She still did not deserve what happened to her....regardless what these mean spirited, heartless young girls say....They need to walk a mile in her shoes for just one time...and see what it feels like..They have a lot to learn, if they ever do....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#54 Mar 19, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to disagree but it has nothing to do with small town mentality. It has to do with the deplorable state of moral values in the entire country. After the Government decided years ago to kick God out of the educational system and out of every facet of society they could, our country has become a nation of grossly immoral people who have no respect for the rights of others. It's now "I'm the only one who matters" society. Few today have any sense of decency.
Not to interupt your spinning everything into theology and politics, but it 's also a breakdown in taking responsibility.....and not simply the fear of government not injecting religion into this situation.....faith is from within, and the primal contributor should be the family and church, not the government.....
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#55 Mar 19, 2013
Typical Ohio trash...thank the powers that be you dont live there

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#56 Mar 19, 2013
Brian wrote:
Typical Ohio trash...thank the powers that be you dont live there
Typical human trash, Wish to the powers that be that you're dad had wore a condom. Sit down and shut up you wasted sperm cell.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#57 Mar 19, 2013
oh well trash wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of a hore did you fall out of scum.
Who give a fk if anyone blacks out, no one has any right to touch another person scum.
Sad you were raised by a hore.
It sounds like this conversation is upsetting to you. I'm sorry that you don't give a 'fk' about people who black out because that is one of the biggest reasons girls end up having sex they can't recall. Guys too. If a guy and a girl are equally fked up, who is to blame?

Please quit projecting the way you've been raised on strangers. Your kind of trash is exactly why we have to have these kinds of conversations.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#58 Mar 19, 2013
nellie wrote:
NO girl (or boy) blacks out voluntarily...Someone wrote"does the girl have to bear responsiblity forwhat happened? " that is a real clueless question...Her life has been a living hell, and it still goes on with the death threats,etc.what kind of future is she going to have?..She still did not deserve what happened to her....regardless what these mean spirited, heartless young girls say....They need to walk a mile in her shoes for just one time...and see what it feels like..They have a lot to learn, if they ever do....
I'm afraid you need to think about what you are saying because irresponsibility is the reason for most of these problems. Please also take responsibility for what you read because I never ever said this girl was at fault. I don't know all the details of this case but from what I can gather, she was drugged.

On the other hand, if she decided to drink to get drunk....I feel she should share some of the blame. Underaged drinking is ILLEGAL. I'm not saying she deserved to get raped, however.

For those who think they shouldn't be held responsible for binge drinking, should think again.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#59 Mar 19, 2013
geez wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever happened to being a "gentleman" ?That would be...gentle MAN
Probably with a 'lady'.

Overdrinking is a very high risk behavior for both genders. It's time to quit blaming everyone else. When kids engage in illegal behaviors, there can be very serious consequences.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#60 Mar 19, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
when i was in high school & everybody got drunk we protected the people that were too drunk by watching them to make sure they did die from choking on their own puke.
the boys could have protected her, they could have watched her to make sure she was all right
but instead they assaulted her in stoopidsville, sounds like your town has some real winners
to me your town will always be known as little rapist india! lol
You haven't been around because what happened in this town happens all around the country. It happens at high school AND college parties. Shame on you for just 'watching' someone who was drunk enough to choke on their vomit.... you should have been responsible enough to get them to the hospital by calling 911! You were not smart, just lucky they survived.

If everyone 'got drunk', no one was of sound mind to 'protect' anyone.
Ugh

Brampton, Canada

#61 Mar 19, 2013
ohwell wrote:
For those of us who have daughters and sons......these stories are just gut wrenching. I don't know many of the details of this case, but I am curious about a few things:
1. This girl was drinking and because of this, she did not have to bear any responsibility for what happened to her. Why?
2. If the boys were drinking and were just as drunk as the girl......why is the bar set differently for them? Are they required to be more responsible simply because they are male?
3. Were there witnesses to this crime? If so, why didn't they stop it?
Every girl who goes to a party knows the risks when they choose to get drunk. Parents go over and over the scenarios and code words to slyly pick up their kids and get them out of these kinds of situations-no questions asked.Big brothers advise their sisters of the dangers that lurk. And yet.....there are always those girls who don't listen.
Girls are NEVER supposed to break away from their groups. They have to be wary of roofies and other hazards that could put them in a vulnerable position.
Of course girls do break away. They end up having sex they regret or maybe not. So who's to decide if it's a rape if they are both equally drunk?
We all know the party girls who don't care and black out every weekend starting in high school ...then college and after work. I'm not saying they deserve to be raped but I also don't think they should be absolved from responsibility especially if the guys are held fully responsible...regardless of their sobriety.
If someone rides a motorcycle without a helmet, skids on some gravel, crashes and dies. Do the parents blame the gravel or the motorcycle? Or maybe is that what can happen when you engage in risky behavior?
I'm not making excuses for these boys but I've seen the party girls over the years. I've seen these 'party girls' running around in nothing but underpants at frat houses screaming f me. Sometimes these girls are so blacked out, they don't even remember anything. Same way for the guys. Is it rape if some guy takes the girls seriously?
This case is obviously different because I think the girl was passed out and was passed around. This of course is the lowest of the low but what if these guys were so blacked out and they weren't fully aware of their heinous actions?
Now, folks are jumping on CNN reporters for commenting on the travesty and how quickly these boys ruined their lives. It surely should be discussed and I'll bet those reporters probably have sons or brothers.
You are a disgusting rape apologist and are not worth any more words.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#62 Mar 19, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to disagree but it has nothing to do with small town mentality. It has to do with the deplorable state of moral values in the entire country. After the Government decided years ago to kick God out of the educational system and out of every facet of society they could, our country has become a nation of grossly immoral people who have no respect for the rights of others. It's now "I'm the only one who matters" society. Few today have any sense of decency.
There are many reasons why our society has grown to become so decadent...and the government isn't really to blame. While I agree the government has absolutely no right to decide if religion should or shouldn't be included in education...there's much more to it. Too many parents expect the government to babysit their kids. They get free bus service and a free education from 6-18 and in some cases-preschool. If parents feel the government is responsible for educating their children, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise many in this thread don't think kids should take responsiblity if they choose to do something illegal such as overdrinking. If they drive drunk, there are consequences regardless of their state of mind. People engage in non consensual sex if they are incapacitated by drugs or alcohol. The question I have is who is to blame if both parties are equally out of it?

I also agree with you about the decline in morals but look at the things these kids are exposed to. Young children can be exposed to adult images and sounds on cable, computer and radio. Even the most devoted parent may not be able to shield their kids if they ride a bus or go to a friend's house. Even Disney can be toxic to young impressionable children.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#63 Mar 19, 2013
Ugh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a disgusting rape apologist and are not worth any more words.
I'm afraid you are a disgusting moron who can't understand what you read. Hopefully, you will NEVER have any children because you are obviously too stupid to engage in an intelligent and life saving conversation with them about being responsible.
Whoville Who

Floresville, TX

#64 Mar 19, 2013
Yes, the girl was drunk but that does NOT justify rape. In no way, shape or form should the girl share blame. That is just ridiculous. I am from a small town where respecting women is instilled in our boys at an early age. Just because the girl got drunk beyond coherency did not give those boys the right to completely VIOLATE and HUMILIATE her. They got a fairly light sentence, one they need to accept like men and take responsibility for their actions and poor choices.
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#65 Mar 20, 2013
this is the type of filth and stupidity that diversity provides
President Magilla

Los Angeles, CA

#66 Mar 20, 2013
Here is the future of the Malik family tree.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#67 Mar 20, 2013
President Magilla wrote:
Here is the future of the Malik family tree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gWGS7G-63MIXX
Can it with the racist stuff. No one wants to read that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,404,939
News After week of brutal GOP bashing. Clinton aims ... 1 min Best Convention EVER 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min HILLARY 2016 233,291
News Trump bounces into the lead 2 min positronium 207
News Wabash Valley DNC delegates feeling 'energy' 2 min Sid 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 219,560
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min mdbuilder 391,381
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 9 min NotSoDivineMsM 282
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 57 min spocko 301
More from around the web