Abortion bills force both parties to ...

Abortion bills force both parties to rethink political calculus

There are 1168 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 6, 2013, titled Abortion bills force both parties to rethink political calculus. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

People gather outside the state legislature as Senate Republicans gave their final approval to legislation requiring additional rules surrounding abortions in North Carolina, even as hundreds of protesters against the bill watched from the gallery in Raleigh, N.C., Wednesday,July 3. As a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly years ago, Republican ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#701 Oct 19, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I support RvW Einstein. I had an abortion at 3 weeks do to complications/health, now I ask again how many pregnancies have you carried?? Now please...tell me about a few minutes time in the first 3 weeks, or in the first trimester drawn out in RvW??
I haven't experienced a hanging but I know it's bad news. I am a male so I haven't ever been pregnant. You very much sound like a women trying to cope with the death of your child. I wish you well with your grief.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#702 Oct 19, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't experienced a hanging but I know it's bad news. I am a male so I haven't ever been pregnant. You very much sound like a women trying to cope with the death of your child. I wish you well with your grief.
Of course you are male who has never been nor will ever be pregnant and quite comfortable telling women they have no choice but to carry an unwanted medical condition along with all the risks and no advantages. OF COURSE YOU ARE QUITE COMFORTABLE....and a COWARD!!

Nice try!! I am ECSTATIC I had a choice and did not have to bow down to you and or any other male and their misogynistic religious beliefs that render women the property of men and fetuses, subservient and submissive! I owe you nothing...deal with it!
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#703 Oct 19, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are male who has never been nor will ever be pregnant and quite comfortable telling women they have no choice but to carry an unwanted medical condition along with all the risks and no advantages. OF COURSE YOU ARE QUITE COMFORTABLE....and a COWARD!!
Nice try!! I am ECSTATIC I had a choice and did not have to bow down to you and or any other male and their misogynistic religious beliefs that render women the property of men and fetuses, subservient and submissive! I owe you nothing...deal with it!
Everyone who believes in the sanctity of life is not a misogynist. You appear to be in a great deal of pain, possibly use of drugs or alcohol during your pregnancy which caused the problem. You also appear to have been used badly by a male and have an unhealthy hatred now for all males. I suggest philological counseling. Your guilt is making you very unhappy.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#704 Oct 19, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone who believes in the sanctity of life is not a misogynist. You appear to be in a great deal of pain, possibly use of drugs or alcohol during your pregnancy which caused the problem. You also appear to have been used badly by a male and have an unhealthy hatred now for all males. I suggest philological counseling. Your guilt is making you very unhappy.
Spare us your kindergarten attempt at psychology you could not be more off track. AND yes I do believe that everyone who believes that women/girls should gestate against their will is a certified misogynist with deep rooted mama issues, count yourself in. I have never been an alcoholic nor a druggie but I know a great deal of vets are and then they turn from one addiction to the god addiction, is that your story? My money is on YES. I have been happily married for over 30 years and my husband supported my abortion in my 40's and stepping in to menopause. Anything else you would like to know? I only have a heathy hate for misogynistic males not unlike a black person would hate a racist....comprende? I have not one ounce of guilt,,,,,but you you do....don't ya?

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#705 Oct 19, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone who believes in the sanctity of life is not a misogynist. You appear to be in a great deal of pain, possibly use of drugs or alcohol during your pregnancy which caused the problem. You also appear to have been used badly by a male and have an unhealthy hatred now for all males. I suggest philological counseling. Your guilt is making you very unhappy.
Not everyone who believes in the sanctity of life, is a jealous, arrogant, vicious, sniper, either. You know nothing about any poster here except for yourself...and your generalizations about "drugs and alcohol", "unhealthy hatred", and "misandry" are obviously a product of your own experience.

Grow up.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#706 Oct 19, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a low opinion of forced motherhood and a low opinion of motherhood without any other options. But you know that and are doing your customary dance routine.
The cash register was brought up by YOU:#639
<quoted text>
AND SO I ASK AGAIN, care to dispute, pregnancy CAN BE harmful, dangerous, costly???
Whats a matter Dan, AFRAID??? Of course you are.
No, you were very plain. Mothers (all mothers) were sold a bill of goods on motherhood and thus sentenced themselves to house arrest and squandered their talents. I understood you. We all did.

If one were to inform themselves on pregnancy via your posts, they'd conclude that pregnancy is nothing BUT harmful, dangerous, costly, etc.

That's the only opinion you've ever rendered on it on these boards.
Ocean56

AOL

#707 Oct 20, 2013
Vet wrote:
Life is life and to terminate that life, though only a dot is murder. I do support starving children through Catholic Charities, so buzz off.
YOU call it "murder," I certainly don't. EACH woman has the right to decide for HERSELF what to do in the event of an unwanted pregnancy. That means whatever she decides, whether to continue a pregnancy or NOT to continue it, is HER decision, and she doesn't need your permission or approval to make it.

Oh, and no one has to "buzz off" just to make you and other Catholic-Church defenders happy. If you want to hand over your hard-earned money to support that toxic institution, that's your decision. I'm very happy that I'm not forced to do the same.
Ocean56

AOL

#708 Oct 20, 2013
Vet wrote:
Everyone who believes in the sanctity of life is not a misogynist. You appear to be in a great deal of pain, possibly use of drugs or alcohol during your pregnancy which caused the problem. You also appear to have been used badly by a male and have an unhealthy hatred now for all males. I suggest philological counseling. Your guilt is making you very unhappy.
Oh geez, another attempt at dime-store "psychology" by a guy who obviously can't deal with strong, assertive women. Why am I not surprised.

You certainly appear to be a misogynist to ME, since you consider a woman far less important than either a man or a fetus. Your idiotic posts have made that abundantly clear.
Ocean56

AOL

#709 Oct 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
No, you were very plain. Mothers (all mothers) were sold a bill of goods on motherhood and thus sentenced themselves to house arrest and squandered their talents. I understood you. We all did.
If one were to inform themselves on pregnancy via your posts, they'd conclude that pregnancy is nothing BUT harmful, dangerous, costly, etc. That's the only opinion you've ever rendered on it on these boards.
Yeah, Dan, we know you don't like it when the HARDSHIPS of pregnancy and motherhood are publicly discussed on this forum. Too bad.

In many cases, girls and women AREN'T told by their mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc. how hard motherhood is. They're often discouraged from reading books that describe the hardships in detail, like what to do when their baby is constantly crying from colic or teething, and they have had to go for the third or fourth night in a row with very little sleep.

There's an anti-choice myth circulating around that "mothers never regret having their children." After reading some of the very sad stories at sites named "I wish I never had children" or "I hate being a mom," it is obvious that claim is so NOT TRUE. There are many mothers who DO regret having kids, and who state they were seriously pressured by family or religious community to have kids, and now wish they'd resisted that pressure instead of caving in.

You can deny this kind of pressure on women happens all you want. But it does happen all the same.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#710 Oct 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you were very plain. Mothers (all mothers) were sold a bill of goods on motherhood and thus sentenced themselves to house arrest and squandered their talents. I understood you. We all did.
If one were to inform themselves on pregnancy via your posts, they'd conclude that pregnancy is nothing BUT harmful, dangerous, costly, etc.
That's the only opinion you've ever rendered on it on these boards.
I have no problem with what I said DAN, I am asking you to refute it, and you can't!

Women did buy it for years that their ONLY worth was motherhood and nothing else! They were sequestered to house and home with little opportunity to make their own living and elevate their talents. Care to dispute that?

AND SO I ASK AGAIN, care to dispute, pregnancy CAN BE harmful, dangerous, costly???

AGAIN > Idiot, these boards are pertaining to abortion, contraceptives, womens rights, anti choice verses pro choice. You are anti choice and believe in forced motherhood and you have expressed nothing but. You believe that is a woman/girls only worth....correct?
Ocean56

AOL

#711 Oct 20, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
I have no problem with what I said DAN, I am asking you to refute it, and you can't!
Women did buy it for years that their ONLY worth was motherhood and nothing else! They were sequestered to house and home with little opportunity to make their own living and elevate their talents. Care to dispute that?
Dan CAN'T dispute it, Morgana; he just can't admit that he can't. Hence all his pathetic attempts to dance around those inconvenient facts.

Dan, like many anti-choicers, would no doubt prefer that the hardships of motherhood aren't publicly mentioned. Too bad for him. We can discuss them all we want, since we don't need his permission or approval to do so.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#712 Oct 20, 2013
While motherhood can be very rewarding, and is likely the 'toughest job you'll ever love', it is also often heartbreaking, thankless, and miserable. There's no getting around the fact that not everyone is cut out for it. There are other pursuits JUST as rewarding, and which women are just as free to pursue, as motherhood.

We shouldn't have to give up sex, just because it might result in pregnancy - and we shouldn't be forced to remain pregnant if we don't want to be. Unwilling motherhood makes for lousy childhood. Why would anyone wish that on an innocent child?

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#713 Oct 20, 2013
Dan is doing what men have done for centuries.
Guilting, brow beating, abusing, lying, intimidating, bullying and forcing women to bend to their wishes.

It's really too bad that you were born in this period of time, Dan. You would have done much better in say the 1700's, or the dark ages. Perhaps you can find a time machine for sale on ebay. Good luck, buddy.
In the meantime, women will continue to take over the world.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#714 Oct 20, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Not everyone who believes in the sanctity of life, is a jealous, arrogant, vicious, sniper, either. You know nothing about any poster here except for yourself...and your generalizations about "drugs and alcohol", "unhealthy hatred", and "misandry" are obviously a product of your own experience.
Grow up.
Since you posted that "you know nothing about any poster here," I will assume that you know nothing about me. You appear to be a "sniper" yourself since you admitted that "you know nothing about any poster here." The lady appears to be trying to assuage her guilt for killing her unborn child. She should seek professional help for her guilt and anger issues. Maybe you should too.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#715 Oct 20, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
Dan is doing what men have done for centuries.
Guilting, brow beating, abusing, lying, intimidating, bullying and forcing women to bend to their wishes.
It's really too bad that you were born in this period of time, Dan. You would have done much better in say the 1700's, or the dark ages. Perhaps you can find a time machine for sale on ebay. Good luck, buddy.
In the meantime, women will continue to take over the world.
Eternal truths are just that, eternal. Killing an unborn child has no time structure, It was evil in the 1700's and it's evil today. The guilt is for the mother who decides that she doesn't want any more children and kills her baby.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#716 Oct 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geez, another attempt at dime-store "psychology" by a guy who obviously can't deal with strong, assertive women. Why am I not surprised.
You certainly appear to be a misogynist to ME, since you consider a woman far less important than either a man or a fetus. Your idiotic posts have made that abundantly clear.
Not exactly, sweet cakes. Defending the unborn from women who kill their own children in no way involves misogyny. My "dime store phycology" cost far more than ten cents at Vanderbilt. Exactly what is your education?
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#717 Oct 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU call it "murder," I certainly don't. EACH woman has the right to decide for HERSELF what to do in the event of an unwanted pregnancy. That means whatever she decides, whether to continue a pregnancy or NOT to continue it, is HER decision, and she doesn't need your permission or approval to make it.
Oh, and no one has to "buzz off" just to make you and other Catholic-Church defenders happy. If you want to hand over your hard-earned money to support that toxic institution, that's your decision. I'm very happy that I'm not forced to do the same.
Murder is murder and no one forces Catholics to contribute to their charities. Your appellation, "toxic institution" is telling. You defend the killing of the unborn and then demonize those who do charitable work. A mite confused, aren't you?
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#718 Oct 20, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spare us your kindergarten attempt at psychology you could not be more off track. AND yes I do believe that everyone who believes that women/girls should gestate against their will is a certified misogynist with deep rooted mama issues, count yourself in. I have never been an alcoholic nor a druggie but I know a great deal of vets are and then they turn from one addiction to the god addiction, is that your story? My money is on YES. I have been happily married for over 30 years and my husband supported my abortion in my 40's and stepping in to menopause. Anything else you would like to know? I only have a heathy hate for misogynistic males not unlike a black person would hate a racist....comprende? I have not one ounce of guilt,,,,,but you you do....don't ya?
Your anger and guilt issues will not go away. There is free counseling and mental health facilities available in most cities. They are there to help people who are in pain.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#719 Oct 20, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Eternal truths are just that, eternal. Killing an unborn child has no time structure, It was evil in the 1700's and it's evil today. The guilt is for the mother who decides that she doesn't want any more children and kills her baby.
Yes, women who have abortions say they think about their unborn every day and feel tremendous guilt.

Thank goodness they have sin-less Christians like you to look down on them, judge them and guilt them.

Oh, wait. That's not Christianity. That's misogyny.

Good luck with that, sport.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#720 Oct 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
While motherhood can be very rewarding, and is likely the 'toughest job you'll ever love', it is also often heartbreaking, thankless, and miserable. There's no getting around the fact that not everyone is cut out for it. There are other pursuits JUST as rewarding, and which women are just as free to pursue, as motherhood.
We shouldn't have to give up sex, just because it might result in pregnancy - and we shouldn't be forced to remain pregnant if we don't want to be. Unwilling motherhood makes for lousy childhood. Why would anyone wish that on an innocent child?
"We shouldn't have to give up sex, just because it might result in pregnancy - and we shouldn't be forced to remain pregnant if we don't want to be."

Have you never heard of contraception?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young Americans: Most see Trump as illegitimate... 4 min Trump your President 698
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min mdbuilder 1,508,645
News Trump to GOP: Pass health care bill or seal you... 9 min jonjedi 110
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Big Jake 261,915
News Civil rights lawsuit planned over immigrant's a... 15 min New Resident 42
News Comey: FBI probing links between Russia, Trump ... 35 min jonjedi 366
News Undocumented immigrant accused in alleged rape ... 37 min Mark A Foley 40
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Jacques Ottawa 239,396
Gay Skype !! 1 hr danny2222q 89
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr dad1 220,618
More from around the web