Romney Soars, Obama Fumbles

Romney Soars, Obama Fumbles

There are 70 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from Oct 4, 2012, titled Romney Soars, Obama Fumbles. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

The Romney camp began flooding into the post-debate spin room before the candidates had given their closing arguments. They couldn't wait to start the gloating. "Governor Romney was the clear winner," crowed his strategist Eric Fehrnstrom. "If this were a boxing match, it would have been called by the referee." And: "Someone should check the heels on President Obama's shoes. They're probably pretty worn down, because he just spent 90 minutes back on them."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

“Here we go!”

Since: Feb 07

Tampa, FL

#43 Oct 4, 2012
Romney's '15min' of fame is going to last for the next four weeks. VP debate week from today and then 2 more Presidential debates. Next debate is about foreign policy...

Obama & Co were overconfident until last night. Until last night, they have been thinking that all they have to do is tuck the ball and take a knee.

You see where that got them last night.
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for Romney it won't help him win the White House, since 99% of people already have the minds made up. Thousands of them have already voted, including line after line of minorities in Ohio. Gee, I wonder who they were voting for........
Romney only managed to keep it from being a complete blowout and gave the press something to talk about for the next day or two. Then polling will come out next week showing Obama still leads in all the swing states and Romney's 15 minutes of fame will be over.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#44 Oct 4, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Reducing taxes is a loophole when the reduction is a specific code to benefit a specific person or group, that all cannot use or qualify for.
Call it '...This LEFTY B.S...." or whatever you wnt, but cutting everbodies taxes is how Bush/Gingrich created the huge deficit.
And I do not trust Mr Romney, who has no problem closing US factiries to send the work overseas for a few more dollars profit. If you trust him, you have a lesson to be learned.
My method of reducing Federal spending is to limit spending in each of the stated to the amount of taxes collected in those states.
See "The Federal Budget and the States" report to see whuich states get more than they deserve:
http://martincantor.com/files/FederalbudgetAn...
The ststes I'd cut back are those with the highest imbalance of payments/per capita, on chart 1.1 (pg.11)
Thanks for participating.
Who isn't legally able to take advantage advantage of that tax rate ?

A list of some Loopholes for the indivual/joint filers.
* Tax credit for dependent children.
* Tax credit for mortgage interest.
* Tax credit for some education expenses.
* Tax credit for some job relocation costs.
* Tax credit for safety deposit rental.
* No tax on first $300 of dividend/interest income.
* Real estate/property taxes paid.
* State income taxes paid.
* FICA contributions.
* 401k contributions and profits not realized.
* IRA contributions.
* Charity contributions.

Taxes rates as such are 0,10,15,25,28,33 and 35%. So get off the WORD SPIN game it's obvious to anybody with basic economic knowledge.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#45 Oct 4, 2012
Clinton Is Wonderboy wrote:
<quoted text> I think David Axelrod and Valerie Jarrod sometimes think they are wizzes at politics. They try to restrain Obama. They should just let him be.
So Obama's just a puppet for Axelrod and Jarret?
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#46 Oct 4, 2012
The little simian got a beat down 'cause there were no homies to back him up.Shows him for the big-mouthed punk he is.
Clinton Is Wonderboy

Oscoda, MI

#47 Oct 4, 2012
LoLBama wrote:
<quoted text>
wah wah wah cry me river. Obama's opening statement when he stated "next year I won't have to spend my anniversary with 40 million people" was about as condescending as you can get. Talking down to 40 million people like they're peons.
When he looks at his watch, I'll worry. LOL!. Condescending isn't always a bad word, or attitude. Some people deserve the condescending attitude. Some are "aching" for Obama to do condescending. The Republicans are afraid of it, that's why they try to use psychology on Obama regarding it. Be condescending Obama. Be it!
Clinton Is Wonderboy

Oscoda, MI

#48 Oct 4, 2012
Lonewolf wrote:
The little simian got a beat down 'cause there were no homies to back him up.Shows him for the big-mouthed punk he is.
Do they have indoor plumbing where you're from???

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#49 Oct 4, 2012
Lonewolf wrote:
Fuckyou.

Location hidden

#50 Oct 4, 2012
Romney showed up prepared. Obama didn't show up at all.
Code Red

Denver, CO

#51 Oct 4, 2012
see the light wrote:
Did ya hear the reason why Obama did so bad by Al Gore-"The altitude was too high" LOL they come up with the lamest excuses all the time for Obama. They should just come out an admit that he doesn't know what hes talking about and he had no teleprompter.
Glad Gore wasn't president instead of Bush.

Democrats of every station are lame. The ALTITUDE was indeed too high for Barack, he was in over his head. Barack was no match for intelligence from real GOP leader.

The libs and the media are scurrying around trying to lay blame ON ANYONE BUT BARACK. This is how he got stupid. Why worry about debating if the media and Obots will carry his dirty water around looking like fools.

Lobster, caviar and playtime for Barck.

Haul more water, libs!

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#52 Oct 4, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Romney showed up prepared. Obama didn't show up at all.
And the other Presidential Candidates were excluded thanks the Commission on Presidential Debates and bias on behave of the polling agencies.

Do the people not have a right to hear from everyone running? Why only the D's and R's?

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

#53 Oct 4, 2012
you should probably be pissed off at Obama for continuing most of Bush's agenda then. You see the guy couldn't do anything on his own so he had to continue Bush's doctrine, If Bush hadn't done TARP and Obama hadn't done the stimulus history shows the US economy would have righted itself. Yes Mr. Original over there in the Obama corner. Called Bush unpatriotic when he said he was fighting wars borrowing money from China yet has not stopped borrowing money from China, saving money by stopping wars, and putting it some where needed? Not a chance, Obama will not have to borrow that money for wars so there will be no money to save and unless he keeps borrowing from China no money for other programs. This dude is a liar from word go. Kinda like Clinton...
<quoted text>Umm...sure, umm last time I looked, all that was done because of the lame-a$$ policies of the Bush Administration and the GOP!. Umm..sure, let's see, the same people that RUINED the economy, are now the very people that can fix it! Ha Ha, I am laughing so hard, I can barely breath. that's hilarious. I mean, they gave us the 2nd WORST Depression in the history of this country. Try another one, I'm totally ready! LOL! Ha Ha!

Location hidden

#54 Oct 4, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
And the other Presidential Candidates were excluded thanks the Commission on Presidential Debates and bias on behave of the polling agencies.
Do the people not have a right to hear from everyone running? Why only the D's and R's?
I think we've heard enough from all of them.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#55 Oct 4, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think we've heard enough from all of them.
This is very true. I can't wait for the ads to stop running.

But I am thinking of the people as a whole. Majority of American's have no idea about platforms, policies, or even ideas outside of the D's and R's.

Bur the D's and R's have created a monopoly and anyone one else with a view or anyone that actually may be better than the D or R is pushed out.

The people are the ones that really get screwed here.

And I am so tired of the freaking arguement, a lesser of 2 evils. Anyone that would associate themselves or vote for a lesser of 2 evils IMO does not have any self respect or personal dignity.

Location hidden

#56 Oct 4, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very true. I can't wait for the ads to stop running.
But I am thinking of the people as a whole. Majority of American's have no idea about platforms, policies, or even ideas outside of the D's and R's.
Bur the D's and R's have created a monopoly and anyone one else with a view or anyone that actually may be better than the D or R is pushed out.
The people are the ones that really get screwed here.
And I am so tired of the freaking arguement, a lesser of 2 evils. Anyone that would associate themselves or vote for a lesser of 2 evils IMO does not have any self respect or personal dignity.
I think any candidate should be allowed to join a debate, providing he or she meets some minimal requirements. If there are no such restrictions, I would like to be included in the next debate.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#57 Oct 4, 2012
Obama has the same trouble as the homosexuals and the rest of the democrats and that is they have conned themselves, they have bought in to their own bull.
Like, I said once you took away his ability to lie, Obama was just a babbling idiot. Again:
Obama should have just faked a heart attack!
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#58 Oct 4, 2012
I believe the Pres.Voting Commission set a base standard of 15% average voter support to enter the debates.

The only close to it that I recall was Ross Perot in 1992 as he was strongly anti-NAFTA.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#59 Oct 4, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think we've heard enough from all of them.
"The rent is too damn high"

Let Jimmy McMillan run for president too !

“I'm not Crazy, The World Is”

Since: Jan 10

In a Van Down By The River

#60 Oct 4, 2012
obamas granny in kenya was not happy last night.

“I'm not Crazy, The World Is”

Since: Jan 10

In a Van Down By The River

#61 Oct 4, 2012
obamas granny in kenya was not happy last night
see the light

El Paso, TX

#62 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>Wow, and trickled-down economics is going to work tomorrow....LOL! Some people are soooo dumb, you can sell them the Brooklyn Bridge ten times over. Nah, I didn't fall for one thing Romney said last night, and neither should anybody else. At least, not anybody with a brain.
So how much did you pay for the Brooklyn Bridge? Probably three times the amount!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 3 min Wondering 435
News Texas Sen. Ted Cruz not backing down on same-se... 3 min American_Infidel 52
News Homeland Security: Give Transgender Illegal Ali... 4 min Dee Dee Dee 2
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min Eagle 12 9,168
News Same-sex marriage ruling faces religious rights... 5 min Wondering 37
News Dear GOP: Trump's Fearless War with Univision O... 6 min Marco 21
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min woodtick57 191,861
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min BOOM 332,309
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min DanFromSmithville 168,505
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min Yeah 1,250,167
News Mainstream Right-Wingers, Don't Even Start With... 38 min Die Hippie Scum 414
More from around the web