US officials: More in favor of arming...

US officials: More in favor of arming Syria rebels

There are 18 comments on the KIII story from May 2, 2013, titled US officials: More in favor of arming Syria rebels. In it, KIII reports that:

Discussions within the Obama administration in favor of providing arms to the Syrian rebels are gaining ground amid new indications that President Bashar Assad's regime may have launched additional chemical weapons attacks, U.S. and other diplomatic officials say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIII.

Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#1 May 2, 2013
How about we just stay out of it? Both sides are bad in Syria.
holly israel

Hod Hasharon, Israel

#2 May 2, 2013
Rip tide wrote:
How about we just stay out of it? Both sides are bad in Syria.
agree !

this idiot Osama know who will need to fight those muslims at the end... rebels or not...
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#3 May 2, 2013
Seriously. The prez wants to take away Americans' guns and arm up extremist muslims. Crazy man
BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 May 2, 2013
Barack is the essence of weakness.
Jay

Sherwood Park, Canada

#5 May 2, 2013
Rip tide wrote:
Seriously. The prez wants to take away Americans' guns and arm up extremist muslims. Crazy man
As a Canadian apparently we have more guns per person than you yanks do, why do you guys resist the call for limiting assault rifles and military weapons. Hunting rifles and pistols are not the issue, why does a guy in New York need a 75 round drum rpk or any other military weapons... Sinceyour founding fathers wrote the constitution weapons are no longer black powder operated and have advanced immensely any normal fella could wrap his head around this and be ok with a military assault rifle ban. Ps. There is no Taliban or al Qaeda nut bars hiding behind trees on your yard either.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#6 May 2, 2013
Al Qaida ARE the rebels who are fighting against the Syrian Regime.

Obama wants to arm Al Qaida??

It turned out badly when the CIA backed Al Qaida in Afghanistan to fight AGAINST the Russians.

Now he wants to back them to fight against Syria INSIDE of Syria??

ANY action on our part will ONLY ESCALATE the carnage!!!(and perhaps bleed over the entire area)
Justin

United States

#7 May 2, 2013
I wonder if the same politicians and celebrities who opposed US involvement in Iraq's civil war will also oppose our involvement in Syria.

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#8 May 2, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Canadian apparently we have more guns per person than you yanks do, why do you guys resist the call for limiting assault rifles and military weapons. Hunting rifles and pistols are not the issue, why does a guy in New York need a 75 round drum rpk or any other military weapons... Sinceyour founding fathers wrote the constitution weapons are no longer black powder operated and have advanced immensely any normal fella could wrap his head around this and be ok with a military assault rifle ban. Ps. There is no Taliban or al Qaeda nut bars hiding behind trees on your yard either.
There are lot's of muslim terroists here, and in your country, snowbird.

Our founding fathers had the most advanced rifles in the world at the time...we invented rifled barrles and could shoot further than your homeboys...the British.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#9 May 2, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lot's of muslim terroists here, and in your country, snowbird.
Our founding fathers had the most advanced rifles in the world at the time...we invented rifled barrles and could shoot further than your homeboys...the British.
Rifled barrels were invented in Augsburg (now Germany) prior to 1500, Bubba. Folks in Texas could learn a lot about intelligent immigration policies from our neighbors to the north.
mxlplx

United States

#10 May 2, 2013
BandAid wrote:
Barack is the essence of weakness.
He's more the essence of calculated forethought, unlike some mindless dipshits here.
BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#11 May 2, 2013
"Go ahead. I dare you to step over this line. Oh yeah? This one. Now, this one." Barack is a buffoon
Johnny Cakes McCain

United States

#12 May 2, 2013
I'm the number one buffoon in government. If someone sneezes in my neighbor's house, the next morning I'm at the podium arguing for an airstrike.
hmphhh

United States

#13 May 2, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
"Go ahead. I dare you to step over this line. Oh yeah? This one. Now, this one." Barack is a buffoon
Who stepped over the line? The government? The rebels? Did domeone really step over it? Do tell.

Stop being so dopey. The only band you conduct plays cacophony. Dopes should be hidden and not heard from. LOL

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#15 May 2, 2013
Lets see here, Obama wants to take away our guns and limit our self defense all the while shipping weapons to Mexico via Fast and Furious to drug cartels and illegal aliens and now radical muslims.

Democrat voters really are stupid.
ocxz

Argenteuil, France

#16 May 2, 2013
The officials must be getting some kind of reward to promote the sales of weapons and thus spread even more chaos on Syria.
Aaah the war mongers, always present.
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#17 May 8, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you need to post your opinion online, someone might be incited to do something? Why do you need to read books, it can lead to independent thinking? Why do you need a soda more than 6oz. it will make you fat and cost healthcare more? Why do you need a car with a powerful engine, you can get to work in a 2 cylinder or electric? Why do you need to go fishing, there are fish in the store? Why do I need a firearm? Go blow. I have a 2nd Amendment Right, and I want one, so I can have one. I am not a criminal, do not treat me as such. It is called freedom and it is great to be free.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#18 May 8, 2013
Rip tide wrote:
actually it has been mainly repubs calling for arms there. Not all but many. But i know, this is topix and somehow everything is Obama's fault..
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#19 May 8, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
and so are you seeing how you are trying to relate Obama's chemical weapons "red line" to arming the rebels. But i guess if you have actually followed the news and not just topix you would know that it looks like it was the rebels whom released the sarin gas. But i know, you dont need the facts to bash on Obama here....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min mdbuilder 1,601,702
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 8 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,292
News Kimmel calls Louisiana senator 'inbred' during ... 8 min bubbba 5
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 20 min poi pounder 297
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 21 min Ronald 9,959
News Trump, in new dig, mocks North Korea leader as ... 24 min poi pounder 87
News The Latest: Trump targets North Korea in new ex... 26 min Covfefe 55
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr JCPete 289,174
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 1 hr MeowMix 80
More from around the web