Attorney General to Classify Pro-Life...

Attorney General to Classify Pro-Life, Pro-Gun Americans as Terrorists

There are 4431 comments on the www.newswithviews.com story from Jul 5, 2009, titled Attorney General to Classify Pro-Life, Pro-Gun Americans as Terrorists. In it, www.newswithviews.com reports that:

An amendment to a bill swiftly moving through the US Congress will allow the Obama Administration's Attorney General to classify Americans as domestic terrorists if they are pro-life, pro-gun and anti-big government.

Impeached Florida judge -- now a Democrat Party member of the House of Representatives -- Rep. Alcee Hastings introduced what some claim is a disturbing piece of legislation. Hasting's amendment calls for the Attorney General to have discretion over who is called a terrorist and what groups will be treated as terrorist groups.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newswithviews.com.

GreaterGreece

Ashburn, VA

#2376 Jul 13, 2009
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's true, we don't have landfills because the garbage is recycled here.
Question: When is the United States going to come into the 21st Century? Ya all just seem like, you all, like the 20th Century so much because you just can't seem to stop talking about it.
Is that how you really see things?
Gadsden

United States

#2377 Jul 13, 2009
pulmonary cripple wrote:
<quoted text>
you could be true, or you could be full of it. who cares? these nuts and all political talkers will say ANYTHING to 'score a point' in a debate. don't pretend you or your fetid ilk is any different.
Delry Beach is the proxy city of Israel.

Home of the tricky ones,
smear merchants, and traitors.

Stop selling out your host country.
Budd

Thailand

#2378 Jul 13, 2009
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's true, we don't have landfills because the garbage is recycled here.
Question: When is the United States going to come into the 21st Century? Ya all just seem like, you all, like the 20th Century so much because you just can't seem to stop talking about it.
Awww. Come on! Don't act like China is some kind of modern utopia. It's true there are areas that are well developed, and modern, but the majority of China is practically medieval.

Oh and where modernity has touched your country it is done with very little concern for the encvironment. When I worked in China the air pollution literally made me sick. I got eye infections, and flu-like symptoms constantly. When I was asked to sign up for a new contract I declined, and left. I have never been so happy to leave a country.

...and then there is the inherent arrogance of the Chinese people themselves. Their attitude puts the cliche of the "ugly American" to shame.

Finally with regard to the 21st century. I would like to point out that Americans on Topix can support our government, or openly criticize it without any concern for repercussions. Can you say that Deng?...go ahead...criticize the Chinese government on the internet...I dare you.
none

Chesapeake, OH

#2379 Jul 13, 2009
?
Fenris The Big Bad Wolf

United States

#2380 Jul 13, 2009
Budd wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww. Come on! Don't act like China is some kind of modern utopia. It's true there are areas that are well developed, and modern, but the majority of China is practically medieval.
Oh and where modernity has touched your country it is done with very little concern for the encvironment. When I worked in China the air pollution literally made me sick. I got eye infections, and flu-like symptoms constantly. When I was asked to sign up for a new contract I declined, and left. I have never been so happy to leave a country.
...and then there is the inherent arrogance of the Chinese people themselves. Their attitude puts the cliche of the "ugly American" to shame.
Finally with regard to the 21st century. I would like to point out that Americans on Topix can support our government, or openly criticize it without any concern for repercussions. Can you say that Deng?...go ahead...criticize the Chinese government on the internet...I dare you.
LOL!! The result of that would be what we call "pinching a loaf" here in the US......

Rico from East Los

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2381 Jul 14, 2009
James wrote:
The only way to get the negro stench out of the white house is burn it down and build another one.
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning???

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#2382 Jul 14, 2009
Aren't we talking about FEMA camps, developed under Bush?

Who's this newbie Baker, whose claiming now that a whole bunch of stuff instigated by Bush Nazis is 'Obama's idea'...

What a misleading headline, based on the 'facts' presented...

Z...
Leroy Jenkins

Chicago, IL

#2385 Jul 14, 2009
Pass the legislation, that way we can show these guys in office a real good time...

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#2386 Jul 14, 2009
bljohnson wrote:
This delusional post can be taken to advocate arming kids in school. Then they would not have to run to the teacher. Thank goodness most of us in the U.S.A are more (SHUDDER)civilized than that.<quoted text>
Oh really? Can you understand what was even said? Civilized is a "code" word for chickensh*t.
Franchot Merlot

Hasborn, Germany

#2387 Jul 14, 2009
Hussein Obama has appointed many of his own muslim terrorists to high government jobs.

Secret Service agents have been replaced by thugs and gang bangers. These throwback fellows brag about their jobs in night clubs and other social circles and produce government credentials to non-believers.

Many of these guy have done this while accompanying Obama to Europe. They try their best to impress White ladies in order to lay them.

The first task of a diktator is to curtail freedom of speech AND then take away guns from law abiding citizens. This is designed to prevent a revolution to overthrow the corrupt government.

Christianity is already being outlawed in U.S.A. The word 'God' is being removed from all public buildings, including court houses.

People in government employment are forbidden to use the phrase MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY EASTER or any reference to Jesus Christ.
maria

Augusta, GA

#2388 Jul 14, 2009
pulmonary cripple wrote:
<quoted text>
my various girlfriends had MANY abortions. it was great. just 200 bucks, spared me a lifetime of agony and child support payments. abortion is GREAT. cheap and safe too. now they even have the pills. sorry loser, you don't know your stuff. it's just a bag of mush, not a 'person' dimwit. really what kind of conversation could you have with a fetus lol
actually an abortion is close to 500 dollars ...i think you got hosed lol
James

United States

#2389 Jul 14, 2009
No matter how much they want to be caucasian they will always be negro.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#2390 Jul 14, 2009
maria wrote:
<quoted text>first what question have i avoided ...iam actually not against guns i have been contemplating getting one since a while ..since iam the one reponsible for my son and my safety while my husband is deployed ..but know that i need training and a save place to store the gun ..and that i have not completly worked out...as far as taxes my taxes have not gone up with obama on ..my husband and i dont have a combines income of 250k...i would not mind paying about 10% more than we are paying at the moment if actually something as done for americans ..i personaly have no interest in paying for illgals and their health care...so business owners have a cheap slave workforce...but american mothers and children ..iam all about that ....i dont feel restricted in my freedoms ...and iam not seeing where the soo called gun owners are resticted isnt this whole thing the usual clownery when a democrati government is in office they also called clinton a comunist and cried about gun control than ..and still everyody has guns including the gangsters ....again i dont care about ..how many guns the libertarians accumulate for their planned anarchy ...iam frankly sick of their whinning ..i think the government should sell them tanks and bombers and freaking bazzookas lol ..who gives a fuc.k ..what are they going to do ..shoot everybody ..how they gona know whom is liberal and whom is conservative ...and what makes them think people would jsut sit and have themself be shot at by the libertarian anarchists ...this ignorance is amazing ...
I am guessing that you pay between 25-30% federal taxes plus your state and local taxes based on the fact that you stated you don't have a lot of deduction you can take.

Would you be willing to give the governments 50% or more of your hard earned income in order to finance the programs that you would like to see implemented?

It is unreasonable as an American to suggest that it is ok for you to think about owning a gun with one sentence and condemning those that do own guns with the next. That is an elitist attitude for one to have.

I find it surprising that, if you have the German heritage that you say you have , you do not understand the abhorrence that pro freedom American's have when suggesting that they give up their right to bear arms.

I have seen German immigrants with a far better grasp of American English than yours. Have long have you been here? How do you manage to fill out paper work in a hospital as an RN without being able to complete a simple sentence properly?
James

United States

#2391 Jul 14, 2009
Skorp wrote:
<quoted text>
Ladies and gentlemen, a typical Republican
Ladies and gentlemen sorry to disappoint you Negros not republican.

Location hidden

#2392 Jul 14, 2009
maria wrote:
BY THE WAY I DID NOT FEEL RESTRICTED UNDER BUSH EITHER I DONT HAVE CONVERSATIONS ON THE PHONE WITH TERRORIST AT LEAST NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE ...THE PATRIOT ACT IS SOMETHING TO LOOK INTO THOUGH ..FOR MANY REASONS ..BUT FOR ME IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE...I DONT CARE ABOUT GUN CONTROL ONE WAY OR THE OTHER...I DO CARE ABOUT A LIVING WAGE AND FOLKS HAVING BENNEFITS ON A FULL TIME POSITION...I WANT WOMAN TO HAVE A RIGHT TO CHOOSE BUT WOULD BE VERY COMPFORTABLE WITH ABORTIONS BEING LIMITED TO THE FIRST TRIMESTER ...SO IN SOCIAL ISSUES IAM SOMEWHT ALL OVER THE PLACE I THINK GAYS SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET MARRIED ..MY HUSBAND HAS APPREHENSIONS ABOUT GAYS BEING ABLE TO SERVE OPENLY ..AND THAT IS ABOVE MY PAYGRADE IAM NOT IN THE MILITRAY HE IS ...ALL IN ALL WHEN AMERICA HAS A HEALTH CARE SYSTEM MY CONCIENCE AS A NURSE CAN BE COMPFORTABLE WITH ...I WILL NOT BE INTERESTED IN POLITICS ANY LONGER I VOTED OBAMA MAINLY FOR THE HEALTH CARE REASON...OTHER THAN THAT IAM COMPFORTABLE WITH MORE OR LESS TAXES ...IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH ...IAM THOUGH TOTALLY AGAINST ILLEGAL IMIGRATION SIMPLY BECUSE ITS ILLEGAL ...AND ILLEGAL IS JUST NOT GOOD IN MT BOOK
Tom Brady( a rather high profile football star) was documented as being 'investigated' over 900 times by agents.

See This:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

excerpt:

"Privacy advocates also worry about a more basic problem: the misuse of all this personal information. Two months ago in Massachusetts, law enforcement officials were found to be snooping into the lives of local celebrities. They poked around New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's personal information just because they were curious. So they looked up his address and whether he was a gun owner; they did this 968 times."

Location hidden

#2393 Jul 14, 2009
bill2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
The are unfounded because they are in your mind, they do not exist. Show me where Obama has exhibited any terrorist behaviors. You can not.
You have the right to post anything you want, but to post such nonsense should at least require you to preface it with "IMO."
What?

I posted a cite that gives Obama's voting records. How is that in my mind only?
Did you even look at the cite?

I will provide it again.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_...

excerpt:

:": Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individualís right to bear arms?

A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government canít constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?

A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals donít have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.
Source: 2008 Philadelphia primary debate, on eve of PA primary Apr 16, 2008 "

Q: When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president?

A: I donít think that we can get that done. But what we can do is to provide just some common-sense enforcement. The efforts by law enforcement to obtain the information required to trace back guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers. As president, I intend to make it happen. We essentially have two realities, when it comes to guns, in this country. Youíve got the tradition of lawful gun ownership. It is very important for many Americans to be able to hunt, fish, take their kids out, teach them how to shoot. Then youíve got the reality of 34 Chicago public school students who get shot down on the streets of Chicago. We can reconcile those two realities by making sure the Second Amendment is respected and that people are able to lawfully own guns, but that we also start cracking down on the kinds of abuses of firearms that we see on the streets.
Source: 2008 Democratic debate in Las Vegas Jan 15, 2008

2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month
Obama sought moderate gun control measures, such as a 2000 bill he cosponsored to limit handgun purchases to one per month (it did not pass). He voted against letting people violate local weapons bans in cases of self-defense, but also voted in2004 to let retired police officers carry concealed handguns.
Source: The Improbable Quest, by John K. Wilson, p.148 Oct 30, 2007

The cite gives information on many folks.

Location hidden

#2394 Jul 14, 2009
bljohnson wrote:
I don't do links. Do you have something to add that disagrees with anything in my post?<quoted text>
How convenient for you.

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#2395 Jul 14, 2009
Wow, you didn't seem to grasp that her husband is 'deployed'???

Seems to indicate in a war? For the USA?

Missing from your pseudo-analysis, are some substantial facts:

- we could *reduce* Defense spending 40pc by stopping the wars, and divert some of those savings into a health-plan;

- we could *increase* personal aid by reducing Corporate Welfare 50pc (won't that piss off some agri-business stockholders? heh heh you bet!)

- we could *reduce* Healthcare costs as a percentage of GDP by adopting any synthesis of established operating 'social' models

(SEE links:

http://www.everybodyinnobodyout.org/FAQ/fqInt...

http://www.oecd.org/document/46/0,3343,en_264...
click on COUNTRY for stats ...)

If you don't like "Maria's" English, find a guy pseudonym'd 'Passing Through', who likes to remind me of the DDR's statist health system.

Maria, your English is excellent, don't worry about the Plant Lady's attitude... she doesn't even realize we've been 'terrorists' since the first Native Americans were massacred (after we smallpox'd them), and with our Armed Forces having a two-hundred-plus year history of excursions abroad, landing some 300 times on foreign soil.

That's not about to change anytime soon...

Zjd
Plant Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I am guessing that you pay between 25-30% federal taxes plus your state and local taxes based on the fact that you stated you don't have a lot of deduction you can take.
Would you be willing to give the governments 50% or more of your hard earned income in order to finance the programs that you would like to see implemented?
It is unreasonable as an American to suggest that it is ok for you to think about owning a gun with one sentence and condemning those that do own guns with the next. That is an elitist attitude for one to have.
I find it surprising that, if you have the German heritage that you say you have , you do not understand the abhorrence that pro freedom American's have when suggesting that they give up their right to bear arms.
I have seen German immigrants with a far better grasp of American English than yours. Have long have you been here? How do you manage to fill out paper work in a hospital as an RN without being able to complete a simple sentence properly?

Location hidden

#2396 Jul 14, 2009
bljohnson wrote:
This delusional post can be taken to advocate arming kids in school. Then they would not have to run to the teacher. Thank goodness most of us in the U.S.A are more (SHUDDER)civilized than that.<quoted text>
Why would you think in that extremist thought pattern? That is disturbing.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#2397 Jul 14, 2009
Ken in California wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense...are you high on something, and I don't mean life. Go get a boyfriend and be happy. If you do have one, mercy, he deserves a medal for bravery. Imagine coming home to you evey night...EVERY NIGHT!!!
Say now, you broke my wee whittle heart. Bad man!

How in the hell am I e'er going to get through the day now..am so distraught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeahs 1,579,639
News A Celebration in the Streets, Then Screams 4 min EMMETT TILL 298
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Clearwater 24,796
News Alabamaa s voters, divided over Trumpa s remark... 6 min JohnInLa 6
News POLL: Most Black Americans Don't Want Confedera... 7 min Red Crosse 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 285,910
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min ImPeach 242,529
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 12 min spocko 1,167
News Reactions to Trump's statement on violence in V... 1 hr Cujo 294
More from around the web