Democrats urge Obama to be ready to b...

Democrats urge Obama to be ready to bypass Congress on debt cap

There are 279 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 11, 2013, titled Democrats urge Obama to be ready to bypass Congress on debt cap. In it, Reuters reports that:

Top Democratic senators urged President Barack Obama on Friday to be ready to raise the debt ceiling without congressional approval in order to avert a damaging debt default.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#309 Jan 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
It's working out, the children are coming out of drug induced sleep.
Yeah, I am sure the state will catch you eventually.

Location hidden

#310 Jan 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>They are waiting for you to move your head.
No one is going to compete with the AU Dumbo headbob, Au Dumbo.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#311 Jan 21, 2013
God, it must be very sad that somebody like wheels, The Topixaholic, must keep talking about man on man sex to everybody who says anything negative in any way to him? It shows that he has not had Puccy since Puccy had him.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#312 Jan 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I am sure the state will catch you eventually.
My state is me moron. Treason will catch you one day, but more funny will be watching you all kill each other for food one day when the workers paradise crumbles in the blue states.
ontg

Carol Stream, IL

#313 Jan 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So 129 days later and you still can't find a connection to Obama, eh, Dumbo?
Are you going to find a connection- you or your aliases- to the topic in 2013?
FLAGGED for off topic- cross-posted DumboSpam.
The connection is that Obama is President- to paraphrase Truman the buck stops with him.

Location hidden

#315 Jan 21, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>My state is me moron. Treason will catch you one day, but more funny will be watching you all kill each other for food one day when the workers paradise crumbles in the blue states.
gosh... I guess coming up with witticisms every day for all your aliases spread you rather thing, eh, Au Dumbo?
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#316 Jan 23, 2013
Thanks4Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so jealous of those who have worked and become successful? As a liberal you would think you would love them - their taxes are what pay the liberals way in life. If there weren't SOMEONE to be out there working and paying taxes what would liberals do? Go out an actually work among the soiled and evil normal people? Liberals think they are entitled to a portion of the money made by those who have worked to be successful - it is that simple. Why work to be successful when you can steal success from another person whoo IS willing to work? You even try to say people who don't pay income tax still pay sales tax. Yes they do - with the money they got from someone else. Don't try to count the sales tax that the deadbeat downtrodden pay with someone else's money. I find it hard to understand an arguement that seeks to reward the unproductive in our society who are unproductive by choice. You seek to steal success for those who have done nothing to earn it. There are non among the corporations who are as evil as the government from which you nurse. Don't expect to seek success by theft and expect those from which you steal to go along quietly. You earn success - you don't steal it from others.
Way to twist there pal. You do Chubby Checker well. Take your point of view, steal from those who work and give it to those who don't; and spin and spin till it comes up that the idle rich are the people who work?

No wonder the conservatives have such a bad reputation. Remember, Nixon committed treason to become president. Reagan committed treason to become president. bush jr committed treason to become president. My congratulations to bush senior, the only republican candidate smart enough to hide any treason committed to become president since Eisenhower. Those criminals couldn't even hide it, yet you want to give them all our money, then cry when someone suggests that those who work should get at least a portion of what they earn.
discordia

Denver, CO

#317 Jan 23, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Trump and the Palin idiot have perfected it into an art.
Chill out, and watch our President take the oath of Office today.
I'd rather have a root canal than listen to Obama's newest pack of lies.
Thanks4Nothing

United States

#318 Jan 23, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to twist there pal. You do Chubby Checker well. Take your point of view, steal from those who work and give it to those who don't; and spin and spin till it comes up that the idle rich are the people who work?
No wonder the conservatives have such a bad reputation. Remember, Nixon committed treason to become president. Reagan committed treason to become president. bush jr committed treason to become president. My congratulations to bush senior, the only republican candidate smart enough to hide any treason committed to become president since Eisenhower. Those criminals couldn't even hide it, yet you want to give them all our money, then cry when someone suggests that those who work should get at least a portion of what they earn.
You seek to steal a portion of the money that other people earned simply because you want a portion of what they have. That isn't spin - THAT is what the left wants to see happen in this country. At least have the courage to admit what it is that you seek. Or would you like to throw out more treason and evil corporation smoke - it is pretty easy to see through. You can steal money but you can't steal success.

Please continue with your crackpot treason charges against any president who didn't happen to get the votes of the handout segment of the population - I find it amusing.

You are what you are - only YOU can change that.

Location hidden

#319 Jan 23, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather have a root canal than listen to Obama's newest pack of lies.
I heard seminal fluid was hard on tooth enamel.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#320 Jan 23, 2013
barefoot, you are one sickPOS liberal commie F-up. STFU, you low-life sackofshitit. Your mother would be so proud of a vulgar POS like you, she must have been a real turd.------ As for the elected officials who took the oath of office, and by-pass the congress to get around the constitution, they WILL BE tried for treason and taken care of accordingly. ALL OF THEM!!!!!
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#321 Jan 23, 2013
barefoot, you are one sickPOS liberal commie F-up. STFU, you low-life sackofshitit. Your mother would be so proud of a vulgar POS like you, she must have been a real turd.------ As for the elected officials who took the oath of office, and by-pass the congress to get around the constitution, they WILL BE tried for treason and taken care of accordingly. ALL OF THEM!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#322 Jan 24, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I assume that you will give the type of treason that the three people you mentioned comitted and when they were prosecuted?
You conviently left out Billy Clinton who comitted perjury while in office. John Fing Kennedy who was the most doped up president since FDR and the fact that he was inbedded with Mafia women.

Location hidden

#323 Jan 24, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
barefoot, you are one sickPOS liberal commie F-up. STFU, you low-life sackofshitit
I love the c/s hypocrites here that dish it out and the whine like parasitic tea bag mooches when it gets tossed back in their protein shake stained faces.

Swallow, MOOCH.

Location hidden

#324 Jan 24, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
they WILL BE tried for treason
stick to your tonsil massages, MOOCH, no one is interested in your black UN hellycopers coming over the next ridge rant. get the f* out of my country, a/w.

Location hidden

#325 Jan 24, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
You conviently left out Billy Clinton who committed perjury
You are a m/f, c/s liar.

But we knew that already.

Do show us all: Clinton's conviction on the charge of perjury.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#326 Jan 24, 2013
Thanks4Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
You seek to steal a portion of the money that other people earned simply because you want a portion of what they have. That isn't spin - THAT is what the left wants to see happen in this country....
How conveniently you forget that taxation was thought necessary by our Founding Fathers, who provided for it in the Constitution. Most people understand that the most equitable way to raise the funds required to operate ANY level of government is TAXES. Reasonable people understand this -- even those who claim that government's only legit activity is national defense. SOMEONE has to fund that strong military! Aircraft carriers ain't cheap!

"But in this world nothing is sure but death and taxes." Benjamin Franklin

Even old Ben accepted the need for payment of taxes. Only the radical right wing refers to taxation as "stealing" and/or "theft." It is HARDLY just what "the left wants to see happen in this country."
FYMO

Carol Stream, IL

#327 Jan 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a m/f, c/s liar.
But we knew that already.
Do show us all: Clinton's conviction on the charge of perjury.
Show us Bush's conviction for everything you accuse him of.

Location hidden

#328 Jan 25, 2013
FYMO wrote:
<quoted text>Show us Bush's conviction for everything you accuse him of.
Do show everyone what I accused Bush of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'You can't have marriage equality without polyg... 2 min EdmondWA 92
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 3 min DYING NAZI RUSSIA 2,293
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min American Lady 186,555
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,252,234
News Love Wins Again - Episcopal Churches Change The... 5 min Dan 15
News Putin Is Winning: EU Backs Away From Ukraine Tr... (Oct '14) 7 min FASCIST Ukraine 108
News 9 dead in 'hate crime' shooting at S.C. church 7 min barefoot2626 434
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 8 min woodtick57 104
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min -Dont Panic- 333,190
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Billy Ringo 192,439
More from around the web