House Republicans hold hearing on immigration, warn of past mistakes

Feb 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: McClatchy

Republicans in the House of Representatives kicked off their first hearing on immigration Tuesday with a stated goal of harmonizing the principles of humanity and the rule of the law.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Feb 7, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Go to NumbersUSA(dot)com

FAIR(dot)com
We need more faxes/phone calls directed to our Congressmen. Thank you.

I see the sacrifice,hurt and pain (mostly) from those who have lost jobs,livelihood each and everyday.Then I see the Illegals living on welfare and at the same time collecting welfare,Section 8,Utility assistance,etc for a number of kids,,, this is just not fair to those Americans who are struggling paid into the system and find themselves needing these services til the economy picks up again(if ever).

And now they get free tuition(grants), c'mon now,, what wrong with this picture?
Call your Congressmen !!! Put a stop to this insanity.

Here in Chicago the Mayor/Superintendent/ Chief of police have made it clear, police will not be accepting calls nor sending out patrol for burglary(we must go file report at our field office/police station),having been robbed,mugged,car thief unless your very life is in danger. That alone is telling. Those with a criminal mind will easily go into someones home while at work and help themselves to your property.
My solution would be to make it as hard as possible for illegals to stay(enforce our law),use E-verification and cease all welfare if one parent is not a citizen. People need these jobs the illegals are holding. It's either welfare or a job for illegals,,, not both. They can't have it both ways.
George

Glenview Nas, IL

#2 Feb 6, 2013
There is work for everyone who are willing to work.exept the lazy Afro- Americans , and white tr.
I see the sacrifice,hurt and pain (mostly) from those who have lost jobs,livelihood each and everyday.Then I see the Illegals living on welfare and at the same time collecting welfare,Section 8,Utility assistance,etc for a number of kids,,, this is just not fair to those Americans who are struggling paid into the system and find themselves needing these services til the economy picks up again(if ever).
And now they get free tuition(grants), c'mon now,, what wrong with this picture?
Call your Congressmen !!! Put a stop to this
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 6, 2013
George wrote:
There is work for everyone who are willing to work.exept the lazy Afro- Americans , and white tr.
Call your Congressmen !!! Put a stop to this
There is work, I give you that. Willing to travel, a few miles further,,,, you got a job !!!
Jess

Pasadena, TX

#4 Feb 6, 2013
You know you should just shut your trap right their. All people are humans wether their black, white or brown. Most low income people are blacks getting section 8, social security and food stamps. While white people are standing on the street corners asking for money. While the hispanics are out building houses, freeways, cutting your f*+&@# yard, cleaning yoour dirty houses and crap toilets... Dont forget, without latinos no whites or blacks are gonna build N-O-T-H-I-N-G... So humans from other countroes should be given rights just as if they were white or black....
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Girl NINE gives birth to a daughter as MEXICAN POLICE hunt for father on suspicion of RAPE.
By: Leon Watson
Google It !!!!
ARGON

Sacramento, CA

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Suadela wrote:
Go to NumbersUSA(dot)com
FAIR(dot)com
Call your Congressmen !!! Put a stop to this insanity.
Here in Chicago the Mayor/Superintendent/ Chief of police have made it clear, police will not be accepting calls nor sending out patrol for burglary(we must go file report at our field office/police station),having been robbed,mugged,car thief unless your very life is in danger. That alone is telling. Those with a criminal mind will easily go into someones home while at work and help themselves to your property.
My solution would be to make it as hard as possible for illegals to stay(enforce our law),use E-verification and cease all welfare if one parent is not a citizen. People need these jobs the illegals are holding. It's either welfare or a job for illegals,,, not both. They can't have it both ways.
NumbersUSA and FAIR have been classified as HATE GROUPS among others by the SPLC. Therefore they are not valid or LEGITIMATE public advocates on any issue either pro or against.
JUST trying to give folks a little heads-up!
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 6, 2013
ARGON wrote:
<quoted text>
NumbersUSA and FAIR have been classified as HATE GROUPS among others by the SPLC. Therefore they are not valid or LEGITIMATE public advocates on any issue either pro or against.
You are so full of it, you stank !
ARGON

Sacramento, CA

#8 Feb 6, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of it, you stank !
How did being hateful and insulting to fellow citizens who disagree with you work out for you on NOV. 6 2012? LOL.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 6, 2013
ARGON wrote:
<quoted text>
How did being hateful and insulting to fellow citizens who disagree with you work out for you on NOV. 6 2012? LOL.
Who said we were hateful or insulting? Take it or shall I say, take it as you wish. We Patriots are fighting for America,equality (citizens) and for the right to earn our way / prosperity through hard work.
ARGON

Sacramento, CA

#10 Feb 6, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said we were hateful or insulting? Take it or shall I say, take it as you wish. We Patriots are fighting for America,equality (citizens) and for the right to earn our way / prosperity through hard work.
When you say ''prosperity through hard work'', do mean something similar to the erstwhile NASDP's ''arbeit macht frei''? You see what we are doing now is a necessary and long overdue debate of what will be the nature of our immigration system in the 21st century and color blindness should be absolute in such a debate. And I believe that an educated man like you subscribe to the concept that all men are CREATED EQUAL.......
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#11 Feb 6, 2013
ARGON wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say ''prosperity through hard work'', do mean something similar to the erstwhile NASDP's ''arbeit macht frei''? You see what we are doing now is a necessary and long overdue debate of what will be the nature of our immigration system in the 21st century and color blindness should be absolute in such a debate. And I believe that an educated man like you subscribe to the concept that all men are CREATED EQUAL.......
C'mon man quit the babble. Education , regardless for illegals,,,, will be/is worthless. Illegals have made it so !!!Making a good living,forget it ,,, Illegals have made it harder. Quit the bull and accept reality.Illegals have downgraded our success.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#12 Feb 6, 2013
ARGON wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points. What a lot of people do not realize is that FAIR, NumbersUSA and Center for Immigration Studies are all branches of the same organization. They were all started and funded by John Tanton.

Frequently FAIR references NumbersUSA and CIS "polls" or "statistics" and claims that they back-up their own position, but never mention that they are all one and the same. You could call it intellectually dishonesty, but fraud would be a better word.

ARGON

Sacramento, CA

#13 Feb 6, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points. What a lot of people do not realize is that FAIR, NumbersUSA and Center for Immigration Studies are all branches of the same organization. They were all started and funded by John Tanton.
Frequently FAIR references NumbersUSA and CIS "polls" or "statistics" and claims that they back-up their own position, but never mention that they are all one and the same. You could call it intellectually dishonesty, but fraud would be a better word.
That is exactly right, Center for Immigration Studies or CIS is also considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center(SPLC), which is a group that monitors HATE groups and their activities throughout the United States and beyond. The Hate groups cleverly coin their names to make them sound like legitimate, non partisan and umbiased organisations. FAIR also has another branch called Progressives For Immigration Reform(PFIR)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 6, 2013
Jess wrote:
You know you should just shut your trap right their. All people are humans wether their black, white or brown. Most low income people are blacks getting section 8, social security and food stamps. While white people are standing on the street corners asking for money. While the hispanics are out building houses, freeways, cutting your f*+&@# yard, cleaning yoour dirty houses and crap toilets... Dont forget, without latinos no whites or blacks are gonna build N-O-T-H-I-N-G... So humans from other countroes should be given rights just as if they were white or black....
all from other countries need permission to enter the way real immigrants do,unlike the illegal aliens who deserve nothing since they are just criminals. illegal aliens ruin things for others. there is no need for illegal aliens,there is no need to reward them. you brought in my line of work above,and i can safely say there is no illegal aliens on my job,no American that is hispanic working with me wants them here,then again no one wants anyone who will lower their standard of living.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15 Feb 6, 2013
ARGON wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly right, Center for Immigration Studies or CIS is also considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center(SPLC), which is a group that monitors HATE groups and their activities throughout the United States and beyond. The Hate groups cleverly coin their names to make them sound like legitimate, non partisan and umbiased organisations. FAIR also has another branch called Progressives For Immigration Reform(PFIR)
is la raza on their list,how about mecha or any other hispanic race based group? if not it shows who runs it.
Redd

La Puente, CA

#16 Feb 6, 2013
who="Jess"]You know you should just shut your trap right their. All people are humans wether their black, white or brown. Most low income people are blacks getting section 8, social security and food stamps. While white people are standing on the street corners asking for money. While the hispanics are out building houses, freeways, cutting your f*+&@# yard, cleaning yoour dirty houses and crap toilets... Dont forget, without latinos no whites or blacks are gonna build N-O-T-H-I-N-G... So humans from other countroes should be given rights just as if they were white or black....great comment for knowledge of all those ignorants immigrants don't qualify for these services like welfare and section 8 Dom racist ignorants
Redd

La Puente, CA

#17 Feb 6, 2013
who="Redd"] who="Jess"]You know you should just shut your trap right their. All people are humans wether their black, white or brown. Most low income people are blacks getting section 8, social security and food stamps. While white people are standing on the street corners asking for money. While the hispanics are out building houses, freeways, cutting your f*+&@# yard, cleaning yoour dirty houses and crap toilets... Dont forget, without latinos no whites or blacks are gonna build N-O-T-H-I-N-G... So humans from other countroes should be given rights great comment Jesse and illegal people don't qualify for those services that these racist say they need to learn more about services like welfare Dom whites
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#18 Feb 6, 2013
They're demanding that they get a clear path to citizenship. Come on. We are all tired of listening to these demands of this Country. Gowdy is anti illegal and smart as hell. He doesn't want to hurry it and get another 86 debacle. He's right. Laratsa doesn't seem to have any patience and wants immediate reaction from the Committee Who CARES what they demand. That's the very thing that piss's Americans off. Bully, push, protest, demand... Etc. We're all sick of these invader's telling us what to do. Washington hopefully reads some of the forum post's from here, as to get some idea of the attitude of real Americans.

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

#20 Feb 7, 2013
"Path to Citizenship" Not Desired for Many from Mexico

Read more: http://www.wgmz.com/cc-common/news/sections/n...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#21 Feb 7, 2013
You need to target Senators Joe Manchin, Baucus, Tester, Donnelly and Pryor

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min ChristineM 115,331
US senator calls Russiaa s actions in Ukraine a... 18 min Cordwainer Trout 6
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 34 min Samantha B 2,008
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 40 min Samantha B 260
Immigrants hope President Obama will end deport... 45 min suppressed by the... 11
Judge temporarily blocks law that could close a... 53 min Asian Guy 2
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Freespirit8 256,991
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Stu Rumsfeld 1,101,343
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 hr christlike420 2,237
MEGA LEEK - McKayla Maroney Nude Cell Phone Pic... 4 hr McKayla Maroney Nude 1
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 4 hr FedinIL 1,620
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••