Dumping of U.S. toxic wastes in Phili...

Dumping of U.S. toxic wastes in Philippines triggers anti-American rhetoric

There are 46 comments on the Xinhuanet story from Nov 12, 2012, titled Dumping of U.S. toxic wastes in Philippines triggers anti-American rhetoric. In it, Xinhuanet reports that:

Reports about the alleged dumping of hazardous wastes last month from U.S. Navy ships off Subic Bay, in northern Philippine province of Zambales, has reignited renewed anti-American rhetoric in the Philippines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Xinhuanet.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Balasubas

Covina, CA

#1 Nov 13, 2012
this is nothing new. the US vessels have been doing this since their presence in clark and subic. a lot of times the Pilipinos don't even know. this is reason why having a modernized armed forces is better than depending and relying on the foreign forces like the US for defense. again this is the fault of the PILIPINOS for being lazy and stupid always depending on the US.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Balasubas wrote:
this is nothing new. the US vessels have been doing this since their presence in clark and subic. a lot of times the Pilipinos don't even know. this is reason why having a modernized armed forces is better than depending and relying on the foreign forces like the US for defense. again this is the fault of the PILIPINOS for being lazy and stupid always depending on the US.
do you suppose that filipino ships dont do exactly the same thing?

this story and these charges are only a grab for $$$$$$$$
Balasubas

Covina, CA

#3 Nov 13, 2012
im sure pilipino ships do too, the pilipinos are in the verge of self destruction and destroying their country piece by piece. lol

Since: Oct 12

Quezon City, Philippines

#4 Nov 13, 2012
VFA must be revisited
Balasubas

Covina, CA

#5 Nov 13, 2012
it has nothing to do with VSA. its the pilipinos and their government. you know what i mean? a dysfuntional government with undisciplined people. Just to give other examples like dynamite fishing, cyanide fishing, illegal logging, illegal mining, etc. are rampant in the country.
PATRIOT

United States

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Balasubas wrote:
this is nothing new. the US vessels have been doing this since their presence in clark and subic. a lot of times the Pilipinos don't even know. this is reason why having a modernized armed forces is better than depending and relying on the foreign forces like the US for defense. again this is the fault of the PILIPINOS for being lazy and stupid always depending on the US.
You should have seen the mess the Japanese created.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#7 Nov 13, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have seen the mess the Japanese created.
yep.. never the filipinos right? never never never ever the filipinos doing anything harmful to their countries environment.

what horseshite!!!!!

btw. the japanese have paid and are still paying the filipins for their damages to the filipins in cold hard cash.

any other brilliant comments youd like to make?
Balasubas

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Nov 13, 2012
just look at the pasig river, and manila bay, these are the garbage dump and sewer sights of metro manila. they really do not enforce environmental laws. its all corrupt and a joke.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 Nov 16, 2012
Balasubas wrote:
just look at the pasig river, and manila bay, these are the garbage dump and sewer sights of metro manila. they really do not enforce environmental laws. its all corrupt and a joke.
Check out big pipes alon the Pasig dumping gray water when it hasn't rained in a while. Can't say there just storm drains.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 16, 2012
Check out mall drains and the stuff there dumping into creeks.

Since: Apr 09

Bangkok, Thailand

#11 Nov 16, 2012
andreavasquez wrote:
VFA must be revisited
Go to the North pier in Tondo and see what Filipinos are cleaning out of those ships and going straight into Manila Bay.

The hypocrisy is staggering but go ahead and keep trying to extort money from the U.S., bury yourself deeper in the "Filipino way".

Since: Apr 09

Bangkok, Thailand

#12 Nov 16, 2012
Wang Dang wrote:
<quoted text> Check out big pipes alon the Pasig dumping gray water when it hasn't rained in a while. Can't say there just storm drains.
This is true. The Pasig River is so polluted by Filipino's that there are no fish in it. The Pasig and 50 other main rivers in the Philippines have been declared dead from pollution not from industry but the average Filipino throwing their garbage into it.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#13 Nov 16, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. The Pasig River is so polluted by Filipino's that there are no fish in it. The Pasig and 50 other main rivers in the Philippines have been declared dead from pollution not from industry but the average Filipino throwing their garbage into it.
not to mention all of their shite!!!!!

if and when you ever come back it may be a worthy venture to take your camera and spend a few months documenting the great love and respect that the flips have for their environment.

let them see what they already know and steadfastly deny and blame the Americans for time and time again.

itd make a great book imo.

Since: Jun 11

Dunstable, UK

#14 Nov 16, 2012
How the hell could they tell waste had been dumped? Even if it was it would be lost amongst the rest of the shite already there.
Concerned_

Dallas, TX

#15 Nov 16, 2012
Malaysian companies should not be allowed to do business in the Philippines. The Federation of Malaya(Malaysia) already illegally occupied Sabah which belongs to the Sultan of Sulu and Sabah and now is going to pollute Philippine waters too?

The Federation of Malaya(Malaysia) should not be allowed either to do business in the Sultanate State of Sulu and Bangsamoro. Malaya already tried to sow chaos in Southern Mindanao for so many years to disunite the Moros, so that they could not claim Sabah. Malaya could claim to the world that how could the Moros govern Sabah where they could not even govern themselves?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 19, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the North pier in Tondo and see what Filipinos are cleaning out of those ships and going straight into Manila Bay.
The hypocrisy is staggering but go ahead and keep trying to extort money from the U.S., bury yourself deeper in the "Filipino way".
Fron what I understand, Tondo was built up with landfill garbage.
Balasubas

Covina, CA

#17 Nov 19, 2012
if the PHL is serious about environmental laws they should have arrested and detained the captain of the the Malaysian ship and confiscate the ship. the VFA has nothing to do with this. the malaysian ship is a contractor. they should abide with the environmental laws. wake up indios

Since: Apr 09

Bangkok, Thailand

#18 Nov 19, 2012
Wang Dang wrote:
<quoted text>
Fron what I understand, Tondo was built up with landfill garbage.
Very true, Smokey Mountain a mountain of garbage that people have been living and scavenging from for decades is at the North Pier.

Man they have balls.

Since: Apr 09

Bangkok, Thailand

#19 Nov 19, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
not to mention all of their shite!!!!!
if and when you ever come back it may be a worthy venture to take your camera and spend a few months documenting the great love and respect that the flips have for their environment.
let them see what they already know and steadfastly deny and blame the Americans for time and time again.
itd make a great book imo.
Man if I tried that they would have me killed. You saw what happened to that American in Cebu that did the documentary on how dirty it was there.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#20 Nov 19, 2012
I took photos at drain from shopping mall and a SUV drove up, lady warned me of being there. I was a public sidewalk / bridge. If was smart I'd asked if she'd take my family to dinner. No need to worry shopping mall lady, I'm not saying where it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News La. senator defends 'hostage' comment about Fli... 2 min Go Blue Forever 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Jacques in Ottawa 225,383
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 3 min Get Out 1,955
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min A duck 1,431,336
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 min renee 10,099
News RFK's daughter claims George H.W. Bush will vot... 4 min Clinton-s wrongju... 96
News Anticipating debate, Trump says he thinks syste... 4 min BabyDoll 92
News Trump: I reversed birther stance 'to get on wit... 8 min BabyDoll 49
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Frankendrumpf 243,266
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 39 min Air America 395,138
More from around the web