Catholic school fires gay teacher aft...

Catholic school fires gay teacher after wedding

There are 138 comments on the KHOU-TV Houston story from Aug 1, 2013, titled Catholic school fires gay teacher after wedding. In it, KHOU-TV Houston reports that:

A gay teacher at a Catholic high school in Southern California lost his job after his wedding pictures were published in a local newspaper, according to the teacher's lawyer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHOU-TV Houston.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#185 Aug 6, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>show the proof you flucking cathardo
Do you your own research, slave.
McDouble

Minneapolis, MN

#186 Aug 6, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>show the proof you flucking cathardo
Wake up and read the stats.
Reasonable

Minneapolis, MN

#188 Aug 6, 2013
Sparkey

Why are you still here?
Reasonable

Minneapolis, MN

#190 Aug 6, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The message of Christianity was fked up since it began, The very idea that the so called "loving god would send good people to internal flames for not believing in him is horrendous to begin with.
It would be like me rescuing you from a fire and then pushing you back in, because you refuse to kiss my azz.
The god of the buybull is a tyrannical a-whole.
There are many voices out there about the message Christianity. Forget the title and search for truth. God is truth. I suspect the people going to hell will choose it since they hate truth and would never want to spend eternity in truth.
Broseph

France

#192 Aug 6, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>show the proof you flucking cathardo
You mad bro?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#193 Aug 7, 2013
Resonable wrote:
<quoted text>
If a protestant school had a Catholic teacher whose lifestyle conflicted with their doctrine I would have no problem with them firing that teacher. I fact, they have a duty to.
Good to hear. Of course now we just have to define what constitutes "conflict with their doctrine". Many could claim the catholic practice of worshiping idols like statues of Mary & Jesus would count as a conflict with protestant doctrine.

Start firing all catholics!!!!!
Liberals R Defective

Ashburn, VA

#194 Aug 8, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>your the slave you fucktard to your ignorant faith
Ah, feel the love oozing out of the faithless liberal atheist, like a running sore.
Reasonable

Minneapolis, MN

#195 Aug 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear. Of course now we just have to define what constitutes "conflict with their doctrine". Many could claim the catholic practice of worshiping idols like statues of Mary & Jesus would count as a conflict with protestant doctrine.
Start firing all catholics!!!!!
Catholic schools require a teacher to sign a contract that they will uphold catholic values.

I would have no problem with a Protestant firing a Catholic if they deemed him or her to be a role model that contradicts what they are trying to teach. In fact, I don't see why a Protestant would want a Catholic teaching at their school.

As for worshiping idols like statues - you have a lot to learn about the Catholic Faith. I suspect you got your opinion from a Protestant and you didn't bother asking a Catholic how they actually view status. They are symbols that simply help bring the mind into a more Spiritual state. It is no different then looking at pictures to remind you of something. Catholic DO NOT worship statues. This is a protestant error. I suppose you want all protestant to remove Crosses from their church or not have pictures in children's educational material.

"Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s mother by looking at her photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the saints by looking at pictures of them. Catholics also use statues as teaching tools. In the early Church they were especially useful for the instruction of the illiterate. Many Protestants have pictures of Jesus and other Bible pictures in Sunday school for teaching children. Catholics also use statues to commemorate certain people and events, much as Protestant churches have three-dimensional nativity scenes at Christmas."

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#196 Aug 8, 2013
Reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic schools require a teacher to sign a contract that they will uphold catholic values.
I would have no problem with a Protestant firing a Catholic if they deemed him or her to be a role model that contradicts what they are trying to teach. In fact, I don't see why a Protestant would want a Catholic teaching at their school.
As for worshiping idols like statues - you have a lot to learn about the Catholic Faith. I suspect you got your opinion from a Protestant and you didn't bother asking a Catholic how they actually view status. They are symbols that simply help bring the mind into a more Spiritual state. It is no different then looking at pictures to remind you of something. Catholic DO NOT worship statues. This is a protestant error. I suppose you want all protestant to remove Crosses from their church or not have pictures in children's educational material.
"Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s mother by looking at her photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the saints by looking at pictures of them. Catholics also use statues as teaching tools. In the early Church they were especially useful for the instruction of the illiterate. Many Protestants have pictures of Jesus and other Bible pictures in Sunday school for teaching children. Catholics also use statues to commemorate certain people and events, much as Protestant churches have three-dimensional nativity scenes at Christmas."
B.S.

Obviously you've never seen the throngs of catholics- especially in Latin American countries- prostrating themselves before the "Virgin" Mary statues, or the "Virgin" Mary oil stain on the wall, or my personal favorite- the "Virgin" Mary grilled cheese sandwich!

Don't tell me catholics don't worship idols.....
Reasonable

Minneapolis, MN

#197 Aug 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S.
Obviously you've never seen the throngs of catholics- especially in Latin American countries- prostrating themselves before the "Virgin" Mary statues, or the "Virgin" Mary oil stain on the wall, or my personal favorite- the "Virgin" Mary grilled cheese sandwich!
Don't tell me catholics don't worship idols.....
You are free to believe what you want. Even if it is wrong. While I agree that SOME Catholic are misinformed on this topic, MOST Protestants are misinformed.
Reasonable

Minneapolis, MN

#198 Aug 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
or the "Virgin" Mary oil stain on the wall, or my personal favorite- the "Virgin" Mary grilled cheese sandwich!
Don't tell me catholics don't worship idols.....
Obviously you are even more gullible than most people.
Reasonable

Minneapolis, MN

#200 Aug 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you've never seen the throngs of catholics- especially in Latin American countries- prostrating themselves before the "Virgin" Mary statues
May be you never heard the Hail Mary PETITION - Hail Mary ... PRAY FOR US sinners now and at the hour of our death.

So the next time you ask someone to pray for you, I guess your praying to that person?

If we can ask people who are alive to pray for us, why can't we ask people who lead good lives and are most likely in heaven to pray for us. After all, are they not closer to God then anyone on earth?

Why don't you admit it - you never got the real story about Catholic Teaching - just what you heard from your Protestant Friends.
Reasonable

Minneapolis, MN

#201 Aug 8, 2013
Remus wrote:
How many little boys did this teacher molest? Anybody know?
What does that have to do with anything.

By the way - READ the Stats above.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#205 Aug 9, 2013
Reasonable wrote:
Catholic schools require a teacher to sign a contract that they will uphold catholic values.
So, they simply must sign away their religious freedom, and you think that's OK?

Have you ever notices that trolls often choose names like reasonable, or troll stopper, when they really are anything but those things?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#206 Aug 9, 2013
Reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe what you want. Even if it is wrong. While I agree that SOME Catholic are misinformed on this topic, MOST Protestants are misinformed.
Which is why I'm an atheist, because you're ALL misinformed on the whole fairytale to start with.

Catholics just took a few more whacks from the crazy stick than protestants or jews or Mormons.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#207 Aug 9, 2013
Reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
May be you never heard the Hail Mary PETITION - Hail Mary ... PRAY FOR US sinners now and at the hour of our death.
So the next time you ask someone to pray for you, I guess your praying to that person?
If we can ask people who are alive to pray for us, why can't we ask people who lead good lives and are most likely in heaven to pray for us. After all, are they not closer to God then anyone on earth?
Why don't you admit it - you never got the real story about Catholic Teaching - just what you heard from your Protestant Friends.
I don't ask irrational people (i.e. all those afflicted with religion) to prey for me.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#208 Aug 9, 2013
Reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
May be you never heard the Hail Mary PETITION - Hail Mary ... PRAY FOR US sinners now and at the hour of our death.
So the next time you ask someone to pray for you, I guess your praying to that person?
If we can ask people who are alive to pray for us, why can't we ask people who lead good lives and are most likely in heaven to pray for us. After all, are they not closer to God then anyone on earth?
Why don't you admit it - you never got the real story about Catholic Teaching - just what you heard from your Protestant Friends.
Though I do find that Sister Eye-patch lady and her chanting minions to be mildly entertaining, on a very disturbing level. Kinda like listening to a recording from the local psych ward.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#209 Aug 9, 2013
Remus wrote:
How many little boys did this teacher molest? Anybody know?
Why? How many do you need in your fantasy to get off?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,478,694
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 2 min Truth 31
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min WOW 256,180
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Ftp 408,663
News In immigration debate, Trump and Clinton voters... 4 min tomin cali 4
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 5 min PoliciaFederal 11
News Hillary Clinton won US popular vote by nearly 2... 6 min Ftrump 981
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 8 min Tm Cln 17,534
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques in Orleans 233,815
News Voting wars heat up as Democrats think about 2020 30 min Retribution 69
More from around the web