TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon

Aug 26, 2013 Full story: WZTV Top Stories 390

Stream our newscasts LIVE starting with TN Mornings at 5am and News at 9pm. LEBANON, Tenn.

Full Story
vote no

Landrum, SC

#124 Sep 6, 2013
Vote no
NoMoreNails

Hermitage, TN

#125 Sep 6, 2013
Ok, another report of nails being thrown on the ground where vehicles turn into the plant! Cut this childish crap out! Innocent people are having to suffer the consequences of strikers bs!
Take a look

Lebanon, TN

#126 Sep 6, 2013
Well put for an ignorant factory worker. I can see all of that time in the factory has paid off. Keep up the good work and go build ME a steering gear.
right wrote:
what a stinging comeback from an entity severely challenged in the field of mathematics and would quickly find itself well out of it's league if comparing brain buckets or educations to my own.
I certainly am enlightened enough that I am neither dem or repub, but, nice try at trying to paint me as something you may have the ability to understand.
Of course you are right, their fearless CEO, who risks so very much, does deserve more than 1000 times per hour that of any of his workers.
He worked so hard to get his pissy ass bachelors degree and clearly he has extraterrestrial lineage.
Now you run along and go worship at the altars of the super wealthy, of which you are not, and who indeed are much more clever than you so as to even brainwash you into thinking their de facto and outright ownership of this nation are in it's best interests and yours too!
They've already outsourced any ability you have to think for yourself so be a good tool and comply with any methods they perpetrate upon you to make you useful to their further acquisitions.
Maybe you should resort to violence?
<quoted text>
Take a look

Lebanon, TN

#127 Sep 6, 2013
Jealous much? Why don't you become a CEO of a company and then we can talk. Oh wait, you obviously can't.
who wrote:
bought those laws?
The same people who surreptitiously performed anyone's spinectomy that doesn't question why any one person is entitled to vulgar amounts of compensation at the cost of having workers do without an actual living wage and the necessities of life.
Drag the bastards out and hold them accountable. Since when has it really become acceptable to enslave your fellow man to directly enrich yourself and your frat buddies well beyond reasonable?
You're not one of them and never will be so there is nothing wrong with getting fairly compensated if a tiny handful can for a fact be vulgarly overly-compensated.
These people aren't striking to get wealthy and the government's idea that 10-12K a year is poverty is pure bunk.
3 times that for a single person is poverty and you'll need for much, that's why the full ride federal entitlement package is about 34,000.
Some people even believe the Walton's earned their masses of money honorably. Of course, those six really should have as much or more wealth than more than the lower 40% of all Americans.
Insider

Lebanon, TN

#128 Sep 6, 2013
My only question is, if the strike is really about missing out on family time, then why did you all turn down the 4 on 3 off option back in 2008?
TRW Lebanon TN wrote:
Get Real! Unless you are involved in this strike and work at this company, you have no clue what is going on, and why these hard working union members decided to strike. It isn't always about "THE MONEY!" Family time and quality of life is more important to a lot of these workers! I don't think most of the nay sayers on here, would like missing their children growing up, going to school functions, spending time with their spouses, either.
For those of you who say, "If we are not happy find a job somewhere else." Why should we? Why should we give up years we have invested in a company working our tails off and helping build this company to where it is today? TRW needs to respect and be loyal to their employees, just as the employees have been to them. Why do you think we took all those concessions in 2008? Because we wanted to "save our jobs" and save "TRW!" If we had not taken concessions, when the economoy was so bad, the plant might have closed. Now TRW has rebounded back, making millions on millions and all we want is some of what we lost and more time off. Is that so hard to understand? Apparently it is to a lot of people on this board. Until you have walked in my shoes, don't judge me, or my fellow strikers, for what you really do not have a clue about.
one who knows

Brentwood, TN

#129 Sep 6, 2013
did they settle or not????
details

Landrum, SC

#130 Sep 6, 2013
6 percent raise on the table tomorrow
really

Landrum, SC

#131 Sep 6, 2013
I have been and have enough moral decency not to think myself worth 1000 times that of another working human being.

Better guess, you can't, aren't and don't make anything like millions per year.... and never have in your whole life.
Take a look wrote:
Jealous much? Why don't you become a CEO of a company and then we can talk. Oh wait, you obviously can't.
<quoted text>
really

Landrum, SC

#132 Sep 6, 2013
Oh my, clearly you have me mistaken for somebody that even knows a person that works at TRW, I don't and it's been years since I worked in any factory.

No, I don't think you can see much of anything.

You must be some over-paid koch soaker that fancies yourself better than other people. Seriously, you aren't.
Take a look wrote:
Well put for an ignorant factory worker. I can see all of that time in the factory has paid off. Keep up the good work and go build ME a steering gear.
<quoted text>
get off his jock

Landrum, SC

#133 Sep 6, 2013
and put a muzzle on your nuzzle

Damnit! Any way you slice it the guy is taking more off the top than you'll ever accumulate in your entire life of doing your version of work or gobbling elite sausage.

John C "Ferret Face" Plant
CEO of TRW Automotive Hldgs

Salary $1.87 mil
Bonus $4.54 mil
Other $6.74 mil
Stock Gains $27.94 mil
Total Compensation $41.095 mil

Bwess his heart, however would he exist without his 11 million dollars a year in bonus and other, much less his 28 million in stock gains?

I look forward to the day when psychopaths like him are dragged out of their castles and shown what labor really is while morons like you kneel down at the altar of human decency and beg to be allowed to exist.

I wouldn't let you clean my GD toilets.

By the way fool, you clearly cannot add or read so I copied and pasted his income straight from Forbes magazine so everyone link disabled can see how much of an actual idiot YOU are.
Take a look wrote:
<quoted text>
Once a Democrat, always a Democrat. People like you are what is wrong with America. Go back to third grade reading class and buy some reading glasses. There is always one idiot in the bunch and you proved my point.
trw worker

Lebanon, TN

#134 Sep 7, 2013
I'm not going to get a paycheck for the next two weeks but I still got 3 kids that I have to feed. Who had the bright idea to go on strike, but this is fucked up. You better do the right thing and care about the people by voting yes today, or we are going to look at some different leadership.
Keep it Going

Landrum, SC

#135 Sep 7, 2013
I love the carnival atmosphere: Overweight people in designer clothes picketing.$50,000 dually trucks carrying workers to Donut Time, harassing people who are sitting at the light. It is your right! Down with the man!

We all know this guy is the only guy in the world who is overpaid. If we cost him enough and he closes the plant, anywhere else we go to work will have the CEO making the same amount as the workers. TRW is evil!

If they make an offer, vote no! The alternative is to keep working for a dude who is way overpaid 50 levels above you in the corporation. Everyone knows he determines his own pay. The board and stock prices have nothing to do with it. He is sticking it to you! Striking is really bringing the community over to your side. Hell this place will probably go to the liberal side in the next election! Keep up the good work! Plus everyone wants to "drag him out of his castle..." How in the world could you go back to work for someone you hate so much anyway? May as well have as much fun as you can in the short term.
Gay Churchie

Landrum, SC

#136 Sep 7, 2013
The Authority wrote:
To all the negative gay republicans on here ....may the fleas of a 1000 camels find your tent !!! THIS FIGHT WE SHALL WIN
As a gay Republican, I resemble that remark! Love you guys :)
maybe

Landrum, SC

#137 Sep 7, 2013
you haven't lived long enough to have first hand witnessed the rapid acceleration of this serious problem and maybe you'll get it when you are enslaved by all manners of taxes and debt to the point that your net worth is even lower than your very average IQ.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/av3h4rb

Nobody said he was the only one and of course it would appear that plenty of you would have no problem with an American CEO following in the footsteps of several before him and outsourcing jobs to de facto slave labor countries JUST SO HE CAN MAKE MORE money that is never taxed in America the whole time telling you that it's the natural thing for any patriotic American that loves his country to do.

We've all seen it over and over, case and point, Lowell McAdams of Verizon as mentioned earlier.

Cut thousands of American jobs, cut back services to customers, raised prices, preferred defending lawsuits for such (most of which Verizon lost by the way despite having access to our legislators that you will never have) JUST so he could go from 1 million a year to something in the same ballpark as this CEO, the likes of which are the scourge of the American people and our nation's ever decreasing manufacturing base, which, when we made here what we produced, and that of the most of the world, we had a very thriving middle class and tiny handfuls of people holding more wealth than any double digit classes of any Americans DID NOT EXIST.

Those of you who have no problem with this are part of your own problem and if it's not your problem yet, it's coming for you and yours sooner than later.
and how

Landrum, SC

#138 Sep 7, 2013
do these "successful" CEO's get amazing profit increasing deals and legislation on their table?

How do they manage to get laws passed that greatly reduce their tax liability on billions of dollars of net profit and often to the point of getting TAX CREDITS/SUPER-WELFARE?

It's called corruption and subverting our alleged democratic republic with outright bribery and crony capitalism.

Yeah, be proud of that when you're frustrated about "YOUR" elected servant having ZERO interest in anything you have to say since YOU ARE NOT IN THE CLUB and NEVER WILL BE, even if you won the lottery and had a large wheel barrow full of money to buy influence.

People who donate to campaigns and that don't have several many zeros behind the first digit are nothing more than the same morally bankrupt fools that the real owners identify as easy to program tools.

Our nation was not originally founded to be anything but a democratic republic and NEVER outright for sale for the better interests of corrupt greed mongers that think nothing of you good and faithful blue or red bleeding fools. Neither side represents the people, they both work only for money interests.

If your government is for sale, and we all know it is, there is a HUGE PROBLEM.
FedUp-Disappoint ed

Lebanon, TN

#139 Sep 7, 2013
trw worker wrote:
I'm not going to get a paycheck for the next two weeks but I still got 3 kids that I have to feed. Who had the bright idea to go on strike, but this is fucked up. You better do the right thing and care about the people by voting yes today, or we are going to look at some different leadership.
Absolutely the most true statement on this entire page of comments Proud to work with you and I agree 150%'
No Go

Alexandria, TN

#140 Sep 7, 2013
New contract was voted down. Strike continues.Keep strong UAW. They made no change to the contract and expected it to go through this time. Come on big dogs, at least TRY to look like you want to keep your employees. MANY of us are very proud of you for standing your ground.
still

Landrum, SC

#141 Sep 7, 2013
Still on strike

Union Mills, NC

#142 Sep 7, 2013
Omg really!!!!!! Don't see how you people are going to survive with no income coming in. Thank goodness I don't work there or my kids would starve in today's work force you just better be happy to have a job where you can work overtime.
concerned citizen

Shelby, NC

#143 Sep 7, 2013
Guest wrote:
Omg really!!!!!! Don't see how you people are going to survive with no income coming in. Thank goodness I don't work there or my kids would starve in today's work force you just better be happy to have a job where you can work overtime.
I think I read in a previous post the workers get strike pay. I am sure it is not equivalent to their regular pay, but something is better than nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Leader: Keystone Pipeline to Top Sen... 8 min serfs up 41
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Brian_G 293,659
Voices From The Ghosts of Vietnam Are Being Hea... 15 min meaningless 1
What Does Ending The Cold War With Cuba Mean Fo... 16 min Drilling for the ... 2
Obama struggles despite economic success 17 min Stephany McDowell 134
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 20 min serfs up 221
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 29 min Subduction Zone 132,505
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 2 hr serfs up 80
Limbaugh: Hillary/Jeb 2016 'The Perfect Ticket' 4 hr Your Ex 12
Sony hack renews cybersecurity push 6 hr Hooogle It 6
More from around the web