Romney Discusses Election Loss With Donors

Full story: The Wall Street Journal

Mitt Romney told top donors in a conference call Wednesday that he lost last week's presidential election in part because of President Barack Obama 's ability to target various voter groups with specific policies benefiting them.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bill

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Mitt you and you alone are to blame for the historic Loss.Mitt you have the Personality of a dead rotten Fish.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Donors to romney who(?), gave billions of dollars & deserve answers. I'm glad romneyhood, romesia & romney who(?) can't give any of the right answers to his lose. Means that dems are lining up to win several more presidential elections.
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

There isn't a Republician in the world who could have beat out Obama.
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Could be barbs and thorns attached to an olive branch.......
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Hell on tires.....
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Why would an Indian shoot lincolns father?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Where is the Hospitality?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

What was he shot with?
ronnie

Lehi, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

I have to admit, and I'm a Utahn, Romney last said in a fund raising speech, "oh look" the crowd is so big, I thought there might be the "Beetles" here. A little behind most of the world. Having said that, he would not have rolled over for, the illegal alien threat's, and the millions of leeches, taking all the American taxpayers have to give. He might have been a rather boring nominee, but he really would have financially helped this country.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

And to think that just a year ago you had these silly right-wingers on here proclaiming that “a cup of coffee” could beat Obama come 2012… Romney and the rest of the right are still in denial and the will have years of political defeat at the ballot box to wallow in if they don’t wake up to the reality of why they lost, and why the majority of Americans rejected them.
Occupy this

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Juan wrote:
There isn't a Republician in the world who could have beat out Obama.
That's right unfortunately. And America will lose to Obama too.

America is about to suffer some big-time misery. The suffering has only just begun. Watch and despair.

There are no winners in this election. America is done. The sheep haven't figured it out yet obviously...but they will.
coo

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>

America is done.

koo cookoo
Occupy this

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

coo wrote:
<quoted text>
koo cookoo
coo-coo clueless! LOL. You are one of millions who have to learn the hard way apparently.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

ronnie wrote:
I have to admit, and I'm a Utahn, Romney last said in a fund raising speech, "oh look" the crowd is so big, I thought there might be the "Beetles" here. A little behind most of the world. Having said that, he would not have rolled over for, the illegal alien threat's, and the millions of leeches, taking all the American taxpayers have to give. He might have been a rather boring nominee, but he really would have financially helped this country.
Total BS.

Romney's entire policy plan was to give himself a ZERO PERCENT tax rate. He is not satisfied with paying a 9% tax rate.

Romney is a narcissistic moron. He is abusive, pathologically lying and childish.

Oh yeah, Romney got a federal bailout for BAIN. He also got a federal bailout for the SLC Olympics. His campaign was also thoroughly INCOMPETENT just as he was thoroughly INCOMPETENT during his embarrassing foreign jaunt.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right unfortunately. And America will lose to Obama too.
America is about to suffer some big-time misery. The suffering has only just begun. Watch and despair.
There are no winners in this election. America is done. The sheep haven't figured it out yet obviously...but they will.
Total BS.

Four years ago Bush was losing 850,000 jobs A MONTH and shrinking the economy 9% a year.

Just take a look at how Greece is living with the crackpot austerity garbage as their economy shrinks yet again.

Rightwingers cannot govern themselves out of a paper bag.
You are

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Tracker wrote:
<quoted text>

simply nuts. Why do you hate America and its people?
fair one

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

An analysis of the election shows Romney losing by only slightly more than 2% of the votes cast.
Hispanics, by blackmailing Obama for their "cause" of legalizing 20+ million lawbreaking illegal alien invaders, contributed to Obama's win.(Amnesty will be a death blow to our economic recovery and our way life --Press 2 for Emglish.)
Blacks, in their great show of wisdom and intelligence, voted skin color. 97%!! Are you kidding me? Youth voted for their latest popular "rock Star." It's cool to vote for the black guy who hangs with JZ...and promises free contraception. No need to study the principles and philosophies of each canditate--we live in dumbed down USA. Of course Obama won.
rfirma1

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

did anybody notice obama's talk yesterday on the tax rate?

during the election he said that the top 1% would get a tax hike.....yesterday he amended it to include the top 2%. what the liberals haven't figured out is that everybody will be getting a tax hike. dependent allowance is going down to $500/child instead of $1000. nominal tax rate will go up 25 or 30% higher for the middle class and the 47% that pay taxes will be paying for the 53% that don't. so...let's say you make $50k....a single filer is paying 25% now...next year 28%. the payroll tax rate temporarily lowered in to the employee side by 2% from 4.2% will go back to 6.2% for social security contributions. estate tax rate which is now at 35% for anything over $5.12M will go to 55% for anything you own worth over $1M. capital gains rate is now 15% will go back to 20%. PEP and Pease exemptions will totally phase out which will now limit exemptions, medicare tax will increase, as it stands now 1.45% is paid by you and 1.45% is paid by your employer...it will increase by 1% for everybody and there is no cap so any money you make as far as a salary will be taxed at that rate, unlike social security that has a cap. medical expenses which are reported on schedule A of your 1040 are deductible in 2012 to the extent that they exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income (AGI). Beginning in 2013, taxpayers who itemize their deductions can only deduct those medical expenses which exceed 10% of AGI. which means....if you make $100k you cannot deduct unless you spend over 10k in medical expenses. in other words if you spend $12k you can only claim a deduction on $2000.

welcome you our new reality.......see...and you said your vote didn't count.
nope

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

rfirma1 wrote:
he didn't say that. Since he was talking about not extending the Bush tax cuts to folks making over $250K, and there is no proposal on the table you shouldn't be making up stuff.
rfirma1

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

nope wrote:
<quoted text>
he didn't say that. Since he was talking about not extending the Bush tax cuts to folks making over $250K, and there is no proposal on the table you shouldn't be making up stuff.
<<<he didn't say that>>>.....famous last words. yes...he did say that and the tax hikes will affect all americans no matter how much they make....as i pointed out to you in my previous post....i find it amusing that you would dispute fact...but....hey so be it.

the top 2% happen to be anybody or family making more than $250k/annum. where i come from....$250k....middle class...not even upper middle class....just plain middle class.

besides let's get to the brass tacks shall we?

first of all...raising the taxes on the "rich" will not make a dent in our $1 trillion plus annual deficit...so using that as fiscal policy is useless if not idiotic. all it has done is foment hate by inciting a class war. but i'll admit...it got him elected. machiavelli said that it's not the method but the result that counts.

secondly, many of the top 2% earning families already face marginal tax rates of 35%. the top 2% pay 50% of the taxes yet take home only 30% of all u.s. income...does that sound fair to you?

the "rich" obama wants to increase taxes on are the job creators and entrepreneurs. the top 2% of earners report 66% of all pass-through business income, 25% of all net business and professional income, and 85% of all partnership and s corp. income.

they're business owners. tax them at a higher rate, and you'll have fewer new businesses and fewer jobs. it's the middle-class that will suffer, not the rich.

voters should have rejected the siren song of "fairness" and "get the rich." it will bring misery and poverty.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Red Koch 1,078,377
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min X -Man- 243,361
U.S. Vice President Biden says Putin has no sou... 4 min kuda 24
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DemocRATs 146,058
'Go home': Protests spread as opposition to ill... 6 min the Light 7
Skull Valley lawmaker wants both sides of clima... (Feb '13) 8 min litesong 1,633
US condemns 'heinous murder' of Palestinian teen 9 min ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti 806
•••
•••