Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

There are 38612 comments on the www.washingtonpost.com story from Apr 30, 2011, titled Why do Americans still dislike atheists?. In it, www.washingtonpost.com reports that:

Long after blacks and Jews have made great strides, and even as homosexuals gain respect, acceptance and new rights, there is still a group that lots of Americans just don't like much: atheists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtonpost.com.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#37793 Jun 3, 2012
illegals suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Since God created the guidelines to sin and, Christians are his followers, how do you think Christians are sinners?
Christians are born sinners and they die sinners, and no Christian makes it through life not creating new sin. Recognition of this is Christianity 101. Jesus the Christ (praise be upon him) died for your sins, and believing in him and accepting that fact- that you are a sinner- and asking to be forgiven for those sins is where you get the ticket into heaven.

Location hidden

#37794 Jun 3, 2012
illegals suck wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother used to take baking soda to reduce heartburn, not flatulence. One baby was born, white from baking soda coating.
Supposedly, if you add parsley to beans, it reduces gas. But, Parsley gives unnatural "wang" to the beans. Best to have a great pot of beans and fart for all your worth. It'll be over in a day or two.
As I said (comment one) baking soda can be used to treat gas at the front end.

You will note he keeps repeating what I said before he said it.

I've never added parsley to beans but when I do use parsley, I use the flat leaf kind, the curly parsley is supposed to be used as a garnish and unfortunately grocers are meeting the demand of parsley with people who think it is for cooking... and I think it has an off taste.

I've already explained the indigestion has nothing to do with the acid (and you will notice the goal post have been moved from why beans cause gas... which is mostly the sugar the body cannot easily digest... lacking the enzymes).

Hence: Beano.

Location hidden

#37795 Jun 3, 2012
illegals suck wrote:
Best to have a great pot of beans and fart for all your worth. It'll be over in a day or two.
There's a clip from the Groucho Marx show where he asked a contestant the slang name of the food soldiers had (and the clue he gave was "noise" and the correct answer was supposed to be "celery" and the soldier said "beans"... Groucho gave him the point...

Cpt Jack Sparrow

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#37796 Jun 3, 2012
Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha What a bunch of Whiteman,s Bullsh!t ! You Superstitious fool you jerk you actualy believe that crap the devil gonna get ya, Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! an you jerks called Us superstitious looks like I,m gonna hafta put a spell on you BWa Ha Ha Ha. The Devils gonna get ye better hang up some garlic an load yer holy water pistol..........gonna exorcise yer devils make Em do jumpin jacks Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha !
illegals suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever wonder why it's only the Catholics who are called, when there's a demonic prescence?
Christians keep God first and are, thus, protected from possessions and such. Catholics chase the devil because, they have a connection to him.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#37797 Jun 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said (comment one) baking soda can be used to treat gas at the front end.
You will note he keeps repeating what I said before he said it.
I've never added parsley to beans but when I do use parsley, I use the flat leaf kind, the curly parsley is supposed to be used as a garnish and unfortunately grocers are meeting the demand of parsley with people who think it is for cooking... and I think it has an off taste.
I've already explained the indigestion has nothing to do with the acid (and you will notice the goal post have been moved from why beans cause gas... which is mostly the sugar the body cannot easily digest... lacking the enzymes).
Hence: Beano.
Actually, he hasn't repeated anything, but don't let that become an impediment to your prevarications.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Location hidden

#37798 Jun 3, 2012
you are a superstitious idiot an a racist ta boot the devil speaks Spanish an He's takin yer job he's on yer porch shakein' his tamale at ya..........
illegals suck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. I think the majority of churches are deceptive but, not the religion or God, Himself. That's why I prefer to read the bible and put my faith in His word.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Location hidden

#37799 Jun 3, 2012
to think after all the racist bullSh!t you've slung your just a another superstitious boob Who's gonna hafta learn to speak Spanish an yer hateful cult is on the way out, exorcise yer Demons try Calisthetics..........Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
illegals suck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your uneducated opinion and, your peril. Don't tread on me.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#37800 Jun 3, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Bob....Nobody Is Jealous Of You....And I Laugh At Your Attempt To Tell Me " Im " Not Happy.
I Come On Here To Laugh At Idiots.....Not For Relationships.
I see you are still pining away for someone to love, Mr Closeted Gay man.

How very sad for you, too--

-- all that unrequited love of yours, going to waste.

Or would that be unrequited hate of yours?

With you, it's impossible to distinguish what you call "love" and what you call "hate".

Both have the same dysfunctional behavior on your part, you see.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#37801 Jun 3, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No slime, not ever. Foam yes, but no slime. Why do you let it spill on the stove? I suggest a bigger pot.
Well, if you remember BarfFoot is using scrounged "cookwear" over an open flame?

It's hardly surprising he always experiences boil-over.

It must be those old used paint cans he uses as a stewpot.

Which also explains his brain-damage: lead poisoning from old lead-based paint (still in the cans)....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#37802 Jun 3, 2012
<quoted text>Garden gnomes, it's just garden gnomes.
Aaah.... that explains it then.

I thought it was the IPU...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#37803 Jun 3, 2012
LynessaV wrote:
Americans dislike Atheists because God tells them to.
Proof how evil the fictional god is, then.

Thanks!

Your admission that you hate all non-christians is duly noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#37804 Jun 3, 2012
illegals suck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. We are not God and will never be God. True, we are his actors and, we have a role to play. We have to follow his script or, be cast out of the play. Just like your job. You have to obey the boss or find a new job. Rules.
However, just like your job , you know who butters your bread and are loyal to him.
God is just a fairy-tale, Oh Most Stupid One.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#37805 Jun 3, 2012
illegals suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Since God created the guidelines to sin and, Christians are his followers, how do you think Christians are sinners? If you go by the churches, you will find much sin. The churches do not teach the true Word. That is why I prefer to follow the bible, not the church. The best rule of law, moral and otherwise, is the 10 Commandments. You don't need church to follow the 10.
You have failed to prove god is real.

Go back to square one, and begin again.

Fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#37806 Jun 3, 2012
illegals suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but, that's false. Baptism washes sin and collects a pledge to sin no more. That's why the baptisms/savings normally come after a person has grown into adulthood. So that they can truly start fresh. Even God knows that a young person has to go through a period of sin, before he can be saved. Catholics think you can say Hail, Mary - whenever you F-up and start fresh. It's not so.
Look up Herbert W. Armstrong, he spoke the truth.
Still no proof your monster, terrorist god is real.

Remember: Only TERRORISTS use torture.

Your god?

Uses INFINITE torture!

Your god?

An INFINITE terrorist...

.. not good.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#37807 Jun 3, 2012
illegals suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever wonder why it's only the Catholics who are called, when there's a demonic prescence?
Christians keep God first and are, thus, protected from possessions and such. Catholics chase the devil because, they have a connection to him.
Still nothing that proves your terror-god is real.

Fail.

Earth,TX

#37808 Jun 3, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaah.... that explains it then.
I thought it was the IPU...
From her comes the holy manure, which provides the garden sustenance

Earth,TX

#37809 Jun 3, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you remember BarfFoot is using scrounged "cookwear" over an open flame?
It's hardly surprising he always experiences boil-over.
It must be those old used paint cans he uses as a stewpot.
Which also explains his brain-damage: lead poisoning from old lead-based paint (still in the cans)....
Has he moved back to the railroad's crossing, trestle bridge encampment? I thought that they had sent him packing? Even they have standards, and slimy beans are definately frowned upon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#37810 Jun 3, 2012
<quoted text>Has he moved back to the railroad's crossing, trestle bridge encampment? I thought that they had sent him packing? Even they have standards, and slimy beans are definately frowned upon.
True, that.
My number

United States

#37811 Jun 3, 2012
There is no proof that god is fake either. I just cut the knees off your high horse. Now you have nothing to cling to to feel better than than anyone else. Poor you. (smallest violin plays)
My number

United States

#37812 Jun 3, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha What a bunch of Whiteman,s Bullsh!t ! You Superstitious fool you jerk you actualy believe that crap the devil gonna get ya, Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! an you jerks called Us superstitious looks like I,m gonna hafta put a spell on you BWa Ha Ha Ha. The Devils gonna get ye better hang up some garlic an load yer holy water pistol..........gonna exorcise yer devils make Em do jumpin jacks Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha ! <quoted text>
"whitemans b.s.." those who pull race cards are the always the first to show their hatred of other races. This idiot just proved the point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma Lawmaker Shares Article Arguing Islam ... 1 min woodtick57 116
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques in Orleans 216,545
News Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit ... 4 min Hostis Publicus 12
News Supreme Court Immigration Ruling Leaves Million... 7 min Nopal 6
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 10 min Hillbilly 137
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 11 min Retired SOF 893
News Julian Castro says he's not being vetted for vi... 11 min jury 12
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min EAGLE EYE1 387,882
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 18 min woodtick57 98
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Nice pictures 228,445
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 32 min Retired SOF 244
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 38 min An NFL Fan 1,394,703
More from around the web