Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,598
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#116051 Jun 20, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Another aspect of the Republican/Fascist, all-consuming energy "laser focused" on jobs.
"Issa's Witch Hunt", it's what The Fascists always do when confronted with losing poll numbers, no convincing agenda and an economy they trashed.
A Nixon devotee, I see.

"Fascist??" Always the sign of a lefty losing the argument. Are you sure you didn't mean to throw in "Racist!!" also?

As for 'losing poll numbers,' I certainly agree that often leads to sketchy, desperate behavior as the loser grasps at straws to save his taxpayer-funded job. But you might want to get an update on who's trailing whom, and by how far. The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while Obobo earns 45%, while Obobo's approval index continues to run heavily negative, at -14. Gallup has Obobo at 48%-46% unfavorable. Look for these numbers to erode further as Obobo's breathtakingly stupid stunts throwing unemployed young Americans under the bus to pander to illegals and his stonewalling Congress start to sink in with the electorate.

And as for the "Issa witch hunt" as you so glibly label it, perhaps you could refresh our memories - just what was the body count in the Watergate scandal? Wouldn't want to be any less fair to Obobo, now - would we.

Truth is truth, no matter who speaks it. You have difficulties with the truth.

But you're a big fan of Nixonian stonewalling.

Next.

Since: Aug 11

Hagerhill, KY

#116052 Jun 20, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Gaytor You can put everything a Liberal/Democrat knows on a Tip Of A Pencil and still have Space!!
From JONATHAN HAIDT - Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Virginia...... http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/haidt08/haidt...

"conservatism is a partially heritable personality trait that predisposes some people to be cognitively inflexible, fond of hierarchy, and inordinately afraid of uncertainty, change, and death. People vote Republican because Republicans offer "moral clarity"—a simple vision of good and evil that activates deep seated fears in much of the electorate."

"Democrats, in contrast, appeal to reason with their long-winded explorations of policy options for a complex world."

"When Republicans say that Democrats "just don't get it," this is the "it" to which they refer. Conservative positions on gays, guns, god, and immigration must be understood as means to achieve one kind of morally ordered society. When Democrats try to explain away these positions using pop psychology they err, they alienate, and they earn the label "elitist." "

I guess I'm an elitist that is able to look outside the box in a complex world.

Hagerhill, KY

#116053 Jun 20, 2012
rider wrote:
John Dodson/Tosh Plumlee/Fast and Furious good for business! How is NRA membership numbers making out? Chris Cox, the chief lobbyist of the NRA, spoke of Operation Fast And Furious, alleging a cover-up after the government lost track of some weapons that were later linked to crimes.
"To cover their tracks they tried to blame NRA members and the Second Amendment...Why did they do it? According to their internal emails, it was to advance their gun control agenda," he said. "If you or I did this, we would be in jail. you know how many of Eric Holder's henchman have even been fired? Zero. That's right. Not one. Hell, some have been promoted."
He then took a shot at major news outlets, claiming that they've ignored the story despite widespread media coverage of the failed gun-running operation on the U.S.-Mexico border. "Of course the networks, NBC, ABC, CNN; they've barely covered the story at all. That is a disgrace. But your NRA has covered this story and I promise you we will not stop," he said.
Cox spoke directly to the media: "I want you to see who fights for your First Amendment freedom no matter how much you mock, ridicule, and try to destroy our Second Amendment freedom," he said to loud applause.
Nice post!

Hagerhill, KY

#116054 Jun 20, 2012
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Its hard to argue rationally with liberals, who substitute feelings for reason.
It's hard to argue with a conservative who is unable to reason.

"we long ago reported that strict parenting and a variety of personal insecurities work together to turn people against liberalism, diversity, and progress."

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/haidt08/haidt...

Hagerhill, KY

#116055 Jun 20, 2012
Contempt for the people wrote:
it will be clear that they do not care about following the constitution or of doing their jobs, they only care about party politics.
and if that is the way the democratic party proceeds then the entire democratic party will become suspect.
A border patrol agent is dead, and his family and the American people deserve to know the truth of what happened, and those who were guilty and negligent, need to be punished.
Name one Dem that has signed Grover Norquists “Taxpayer Protection Pledge”! Name one Dem that wants to protect the wealthy and only the wealthy. Name one Dem that votes to take from the aged, poor, disabled, children and womens rights. When nearly an entire party pledges allegiance to an individual instead of "the people" that party has committed treason and needs to be punished.

Hagerhill, KY

#116056 Jun 20, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Okboston don’t you think whether than going through a Scandal why not do the honorable thing and Resign!!
Why didn't Bush/Cheney resign when no WMD's were found? How many of our troops and innocents have been killed over that fiasco? Why didn't Bush/Cheney resign when it was revealed they were authorizing torture of prisoners?

Hagerhill, KY

#116057 Jun 20, 2012
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
True. We will be lucky if this bozo Obama doesn't get us into a war.
Yet it's the Republicans that are pushing for war and Obama wanting to refrain from it.
Judge

Jasper, IN

#116058 Jun 20, 2012
I doutbt it.
nac

Brooklyn, NY

#116059 Jun 20, 2012
The last two post perfectly demonstrate why both parties can and do engage in corruption and criminal behavior.

Most of this country is stuck on the mindset that "my tyrant is better than your tyrant."
nac

Brooklyn, NY

#116060 Jun 20, 2012
Check that. Last 3 posts now.

Hagerhill, KY

#116061 Jun 20, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>

Another, equally valid, opinion is that it's wrong as hell for the federal government to keep spending way beyond sustainable limits year after year, with money the nation doesn't have to spend, to pander to special interest groups by continuing to give away free stuff on the taxpayers' backs in return for votes.
We are spending beyond our means partially because our revenue has been diminished starting with tax cuts. The special interest groups that receive free stuff is the oil industry for one, ie, The Koch Bros. who are donating huge funds to folks like Walker and Romney. Riders on Bills from both sides of the aisle that earmark funds be given to certain groups/states have been going on forever and should be stopped period.

It's like you're seeing the problem but not the root of the problem in your remarks.

Hagerhill, KY

#116062 Jun 20, 2012
nac wrote:
The last two post perfectly demonstrate why both parties can and do engage in corruption and criminal behavior.
Most of this country is stuck on the mindset that "my tyrant is better than your tyrant."
Not all of us. I'm not overly keen on Obama myself. I certainly haven't peed down my leg lately thinking about him.
What I'm wanting to happen is the people stop arguing amongst themselves and go in the direction this country was set up to go.

Regardless of what party is in office, they work for us. That means they follow our lead. The majority lead. What we have going on now is nothing more than a fancy dictatorship.

The only way I know of to make my point is to point out the individual they're demonizing, in this case Obama, is being vilified by the person they're backing [Romney] who is just as bad if not worse than the so called demon.

In any event, we only have two doors to choose from at this time. Pick one. But please pick one after reviewing ALL the facts, not just the facts pointed out by one party.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#116063 Jun 20, 2012
gaytor_bayt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't Bush/Cheney resign when no WMD's were found? How many of our troops and innocents have been killed over that fiasco? Why didn't Bush/Cheney resign when it was revealed they were authorizing torture of prisoners?
Pencil head still (stuck on stupid) but what was’ Priceless’ your posting of a Web Page to defend your intellect!!

Hagerhill, KY

#116064 Jun 20, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pencil head still (stuck on stupid) but what was’ Priceless’ your posting of a Web Page to defend your intellect!!
Careful there. You're revealing your own intellect with the name calling. Btw, the link was to back up my intellect by someone else who is an intellect. Should I post another link from another intellect that states that when one is reduced to hurling slander/name calling, they have nothing further of substance to offer to defend their argument? Then again, my link WAS from an intellect that showed radical conservatives/Repubs seem to be incapable of intellectual thought. I'm forced to agree with your opinion of priceless.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#116065 Jun 20, 2012
gaytor_bayt wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful there. You're revealing your own intellect with the name calling. Btw, the link was to back up my intellect by someone else who is an intellect. Should I post another link from another intellect that states that when one is reduced to hurling slander/name calling, they have nothing further of substance to offer to defend their argument? Then again, my link WAS from an intellect that showed radical conservatives/Repubs seem to be incapable of intellectual thought. I'm forced to agree with your opinion of priceless.
See Pencil Head I didn’t need to seek out a Web Page to defend my intelligence your intellect is subjective not objective he’s a Liberals!!
MissyM

Waukegan, IL

#116067 Jun 20, 2012
gaytor_bayt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did the dems tell him there were?? Why didn't they get in trouble for lying to Bush and us?? What intell did they base their accusations on?? Why didn't Clinton finish the job so Bush wouldn't have to inherit the mess with Saddam?? Why didn't Bush go around whinning like a 2 year old about that??

“Psalm 24:1”

Since: Mar 10

Mississippi County Arkansas

#116068 Jun 20, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible! Do you know how much a hotel in Paris costs? Have you any idea what it costs to keep the family boat operational throughout the year? Harvard isn't cheap, you know. The point is that $100,000 a year doesn't go very far and these people can't be considered as "the wealthy."
I have done it....and i will continue to do it....it just where you put your priorties i guess
nac

Patchogue, NY

#116069 Jun 20, 2012
gaytor_bayt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of us. I'm not overly keen on Obama myself. I certainly haven't peed down my leg lately thinking about him.
What I'm wanting to happen is the people stop arguing amongst themselves and go in the direction this country was set up to go.
Regardless of what party is in office, they work for us. That means they follow our lead. The majority lead. What we have going on now is nothing more than a fancy dictatorship.
The only way I know of to make my point is to point out the individual they're demonizing, in this case Obama, is being vilified by the person they're backing [Romney] who is just as bad if not worse than the so called demon.
In any event, we only have two doors to choose from at this time. Pick one. But please pick one after reviewing ALL the facts, not just the facts pointed out by one party.
I like what you are saying for the most part. While I realize that barring something huge, either Romney or Obama will win in in Nov., but I can't bring myself to vote for either one of them.

As far as I am concerned they are exactly the same... Except for the political football issues like gay marriage, abortion, etc. If Romney wins he will continue on the same overall course as Obama in terms of endless wars and the destruction of the dollar and Constitution.

Bush was an absolute disaster in terms of taking freedoms and liberty away while blowing his nose with the Constitution. Obama promised change, but has somehow been even worse in this department. Romney will be just as bad as they were.

We need to evolve from this system. Both parties are bought and paid for by banks, wall street, and special interests. Both parties serve them, not us.

Our republic will not last much longer if we don't change this soon. Perhaps if Romney gets elected, people will start to wake up to the false left/right paradigm when they see that Bush = Obama = Romney. We have to get off this course.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#116070 Jun 20, 2012
Obama and holder in covering up the fast and furious scandal are depriving the Terry family of knowing the truth about the death of their son.

Brian Terry gave his life defending his country, and unfortunately Obama, holder and the democratic party are doing everything in their power from preventing justice from being served, those who are responsible need to brought to justice, but clearly that will never happen with this department of justice.

"Terry family attorney Pat McGroder on Wednesday released the following statement from Terry’s parents Josephine Terry and Kent Terry Sr.:“Attorney General Eric Holder’s refusal to fully disclose the documents associated with Operation Fast and Furious and President Obama’s assertion of executive privilege serves to compound this tragedy. It denies the Terry family and the American people the truth.”"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/06/...

Nixon was not involved in the Watergate break in, he was involved in the coverup, and that cost him his presidency as both parties joined in doing what was right, forcing the Nixon resignation.

now Obama is the one involved in a cover up, lets see if the democratic party will put justice ahead of partisan politics, or if they care more about obstructing justice in an attempt to salvage an election.

“Forward - over the cliff!!”

Since: Jul 10

Soetoro, Kenya

#116071 Jun 20, 2012
gaytor_bayt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to argue with a conservative who is unable to reason.
"we long ago reported that strict parenting and a variety of personal insecurities work together to turn people against liberalism, diversity, and progress."
http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/haidt08/haidt...
What does your post have to do with anything I wrote?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Patrick 1,108,336
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 6 min boo ya 3,734
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min woodtick57 261,232
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Frank 177,938
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min helms 55,845
Gay marriage set to make grand US... 8 min Professor Jumper 41
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 13 min woodtick57 30
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 21 min woodtick57 120
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 37 min harmonious 2,639
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••