CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16413 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#17564 Aug 9, 2014
"Chemical GMO's"? Just shut up when you are this ignorant of the topic. GMO's are genetically-developed, not chemically-developed.

Not one case of disease or disability have been linked to GMO's. Nor is America the only country that uses chemical fertilizers. In point of fact, ALL fertilizers are chemicals. No-till agriculture? A great idea if you have the increased manpower required to maintain the crops; it's far more labor-intensive than tilling, and irrigation is more difficult as well.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought cpeter1313 was Indianapolis's best joke! Silly me.
I wonder if cpeter1313 is pro chemical,GMO's and other artificial insanity, because I doubt he is into organic and healthful things:
Industrial chemical-based farming, which produces the vast majority of US food crops, is destroying the soil that makes the growing of food possible in the first place
Using wood chips as ground cover, not compost, is a highly cost-effective strategy that will help radically improve your ability to effortlessly grow nutrient-dense food
In India, genetically engineered seeds cost farmers up to 400 percent more than conventional seeds, and produce 30 percent less yield
The entire food chain is connected, from soil, plant, and insect health, all the way up to animal and ultimately your health. Supporting the bottom of the food chain ultimately supports your health
No-till agriculture is likely one of the best approaches, as 70 percent of the soil microbes responsible for plant health and plant communication are fungi, and tilling will disrupt these mycorrhizal fungal filaments

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#17565 Aug 9, 2014
I need three jello recipes. I want to make something with marinated artichoke hearts in it to use like a salad course and a second recipe for a side dish that would be creamy with seafood in it, maybe tomato and salmon. And then something slightly sweet and creamy with maybe some mandarin orange and pineapple pieces in it.

Any ideas?

Indianapolis

#17566 Aug 9, 2014
We tend to judge the founders pretty favorably, and abortion was legal when they wrote the constitution. Abortion has been legal in this country more often than it was illegal.

Slavery was ignoring the rights of people to serve another's purpose. That's exactly what an unwanted pregnancy is--ignoring the women's rights to serve the fetus's purpose. At what point in the pregnancy does a woman lose her rights, and where does the constitution say it?

Slaves and jews were born and were not living in their oppressors' bodies.

So keep nattering on about freedom and liberty...we know you only mean it in terms of men. Because you're a misogynist AND a hypocrite.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not surprising how little you value human life and advocate for a so called "right" to destroy it.
The Supreme Court decided that fetuses were not "persons" just like they did when they declared blacks were not persons and just like the Nazi's declared Jews were not persons.
When someone is not a person it is no big deal to destroy them. Isn't that right comrade!
How does history judge those who supported slavery? How does history judge the Nazi's? How will history judge America when in the time it took me to write this 7 fetuses were destroyed?

Location hidden

#17567 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
"Chemical GMO's"? Just shut up when you are this ignorant of the topic. GMO's are genetically-developed, not chemically-developed.
<quoted text>
I mistyped, leaving out a coma so shoot me Mr. Perfect "english". Chemicals, GMO's, etc.

Location hidden

#17568 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
"
Not one case of disease or disability have been linked to GMO's.
<quoted text>
You probably believe that Aspartame is completely safe and good for diabetics too.

GMO's are not living up to their promise. They are actually producing about 30% less than promised which means there is a good reason not to use GMO seeds at all. And there is evidence of stomach inflammation in animals that are fed GMO corn and soy. And then a question about what the inflammation does to the meat and what happens to you when you eat the meat. Natural and organic methods are vastly superior to modern chemical agriculture.

Indianapolis

#17569 Aug 9, 2014
God, you're shallow.

Five acres? My sister and her husband have that, have full-time jobs, and run an animal shelter with the help of about 3-4 volunteers (in the shelter only.) They grow their own veggies too. It doesn't take a staff.

People offering sexual favors to eat with you? Just shows you have nothing to offer personally, and that you try to pick up homeless people. And you bought into the "extremely rare persian rug" story? That's hilarious.

We have a lovely, if a trifle ornate, china pattern that's been in the family for a century. It's sentimental value is its only importance to me. So no, your patterns don't interest me.

If a guest comes to my home and brings store-bought food, i accept it in the spirit given because my friends are important, not the food. I might make a full "gourmet" meal, hold a pot-luck, or just order in Asian or pizza. It's not what's important, it's the camaraderie. BTW--some people just can't or don't cook. Deal with it.

I don't just change positions on the couch, idiot. i don't have a staff, remember? I enjoy doing things for myself. You like cooking...but who does the dishes and cleans up after the party? Not you.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not critical, I am just making fun of a place where you are. If you are there it certainly can't be any place worth going to now can it.
And as far as me being lazy and having everything done for me, sure I have a lot of help around here, I am on 5 acres and it takes a lot to maintain it all. We grow most all of our food including fish from ponds and we have a lot of parties. I love to cook and often help out in the kitchen. I have a very 'gay' dining room, this long dining table that will seat a dozen people. I built it myself in our shop when I was 18 years old. We found this rare palace size Persian carpet that is 14' x 32', there is a fireplace and it is beautifully decorated. It is my favorite room in the whole house. It is amazing the sexual favors people will offer me in the hopes of getting invited for dinner.
Would you like to know my silver, crystal and china patterns? I know that is so gay. Last pot luck swimming party we had one of our guests who got invited because my cousin says he has a cute ass, stopped by Safeway and picked up some commercial potato salad. What a low class thing to do don't you think? I just hate it that gays have become so main-stream don't you? I remember the good old days when we'd have a pot luck party and each guest would spend hours making some extravagant elegant gourmet dish to bring.
Yesterday I harvested 6 large Greek eggplants from the garden and I spent an hour making this huge Italian casserole with mozzarella cheese from grass fed cows. Even the tomato sauce was from our fresh organic tomatoes. We grew all the spices and herbs I put in it too.
While I can't eat wheat I still make home made bread because everyone else can. We buy the wheat berries in 50 pound bags and we grind them as we need them. So for you to suggest that like you, I change positions on the couch for excitement you are very mistaken.
I am allergic to wheat, I get acne if I eat it. I learned that when I was about 14 years old. Good thing I had a great doctor or I would have been given antibiotics and would probably be dead now.

Location hidden

#17570 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
" Nor is America the only country that uses chemical fertilizers. In point of fact, ALL fertilizers are chemicals. No-till agriculture? A great idea if you have the increased manpower required to maintain the crops; it's far more labor-intensive than tilling, and irrigation is more difficult as well.
<quoted text>
You do not understand what no-till agriculture is. I offered several tree services my land to dump for free their ground up trees instead of driving to the dump and having to pay to add them to the land fill. When my parents bought this place it was cracked adobe clay with crab grass growing in it. We would put the ground up trees on the ground sometimes 3-4 feet deep and with in a short time it had been digested by the soil and was only a few inches so we would add more. This went on into the 1980's when people started wanting to keep their mulch, so now it is rare we get a load, but we have some of the richest soil in the world here.

This may shock you but we use human pee for fertilizer. I know it sounds gross but it actually is a great thing if you don't over fertilize and burn the plant. The only chemicals we use here are chemical fertilizers people give us and we use them full strength to spray on weeds to kill them. It works great.

Indianapolis

#17571 Aug 9, 2014
Ideas? Yes, and they all involve medieval torture devices.

Your first dish would require an aspic, not jello, idiot. You don't use gelatin for a creamy dish. Now that we've established that you can't cook, I'll ignore your food posts as the blatherings of a fake.
Reverend Alan wrote:
I need three jello recipes. I want to make something with marinated artichoke hearts in it to use like a salad course and a second recipe for a side dish that would be creamy with seafood in it, maybe tomato and salmon. And then something slightly sweet and creamy with maybe some mandarin orange and pineapple pieces in it.
Any ideas?

Indianapolis

#17572 Aug 9, 2014
No, I think you're still in the "coma", Mr. MY-english-is-perfect.

Ah, yes, "chemicals"--the boogeyman of the naturopathic cult. Sunshine, we ARE chemicals, from elemental forms to complex protein chains. There is nothing wrong with chemicals. It's the combinations and applications that can be problematic. Like it or not, growing your own food on a small plot of land is nothing at all like making a living growing crops to feed MILLIONS of people. Climate change is making a difference in farming needs as well.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I mistyped, leaving out a coma so shoot me Mr. Perfect "english". Chemicals, GMO's, etc.

Location hidden

#17573 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
We tend to judge the founders pretty favorably, and abortion was legal when they wrote the constitution. Abortion has been legal in this country more often than it was illegal.
Slavery was ignoring the rights of people to serve another's purpose. That's exactly what an unwanted pregnancy is--ignoring the women's rights to serve the fetus's purpose. At what point in the pregnancy does a woman lose her rights, and where does the constitution say it?
Slaves and jews were born and were not living in their oppressors' bodies.
So keep nattering on about freedom and liberty...we know you only mean it in terms of men. Because you're a misogynist AND a hypocrite.
<quoted text>
As always you missed the point and got right back to insults and name calling. Are you sure you are not a Christian?

Those are my beliefs and I am not going to force them onto others or pass laws requiring others to follow them. I feel abortion is wrong, that it really is the taking of a human life and that there are alternatives to abortion that are not even considered. I am in no position to stop it but I add my voice to those who say it is wrong.

It is funny how you have no problem robbing me and throwing my money at people you think it will help. If you can steal my money why can't a fetus steal a woman's body for 9 months?

If the government can require me to hand over a substantial part of my income, force me to give up two years of my life to go fight its stupid war in Viet Nam and risk my life to make rich people richer, then why can't it force a woman to be a vehicle for bringing another life into the world?

If the government can stop me from smoking pot then why can't it force a woman to carry a child to term.

Did you know that in New Jersey, who do we know in New Jersey, that abortion is legal up to the time of birth? Did you know that?

Indianapolis

#17575 Aug 9, 2014
I do know what it is. Without tilling, the soil retains more biologicals--including weeds and molds. Such crops require more frequent inspection, culling, and weeding. Also, the ground tends to hold water better, but still is affected by droughts and high heat, making irrigation a more delicate process thhan in standard tilled farms. Honey, this is Indiana...even the urbanites have an unending stream of farming information around them.

You do know that soil doesn't digest, right? The wood rotted and fell apart. This can be excellent loam but many trees are treated kreosote, pesticides, etc, which stay in the new soil.

Yes, you've mentioned your vegan water sports. You know many commercial fertilizers are made from animal urine, I presume. But they sterilize the product before introducing it into the soil.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not understand what no-till agriculture is. I offered several tree services my land to dump for free their ground up trees instead of driving to the dump and having to pay to add them to the land fill. When my parents bought this place it was cracked adobe clay with crab grass growing in it. We would put the ground up trees on the ground sometimes 3-4 feet deep and with in a short time it had been digested by the soil and was only a few inches so we would add more. This went on into the 1980's when people started wanting to keep their mulch, so now it is rare we get a load, but we have some of the richest soil in the world here.
This may shock you but we use human pee for fertilizer. I know it sounds gross but it actually is a great thing if you don't over fertilize and burn the plant. The only chemicals we use here are chemical fertilizers people give us and we use them full strength to spray on weeds to kill them. It works great.

Location hidden

#17576 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
God, you're shallow.
Five acres?
<quoted text>
Five acres is what our home is on, not too far away we have 40 acres where the sheep, goats and most of the chickens run around. Where we grow our grapes to make our wines. And where we grow tomatoes to make into sauce to can. One watermelon plant can grow 30 feet in each direction. When you feed as many people as we do, you need a lot of space. And we experience normally about 6 months of drought each year so everything has to be watered.

The area I live we have frost in the winter, 32F can kill many vegetable plants. Even in the green houses the tropical tomatoes and chili's suffer in the winter. If it gets below 28F we have to cover the avocado's and citrus and if it gets below 24F, which is does at least once every ten years or so, we have to run heating cables around the grafts of all the citrus, avocado's and other cold sensitive plants. I do not have a green house big enough to grow a full size avocado tree.

I have a Habanero chili bush that is 5 years old. I would be happy to send you some of the chili's if you would film yourself eating them and post it on You-tube. I want to see you mash it up in your mouth and then stick out your tongue so that we can see the mashed up seeds on it. I would think you should eat at least 5 of them in a row.

Habanero Chili Pepper

Habanero chili peppers are one of the most intensely hot and spicy chili peppers. Habanero chili peppers are primarily grown on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico and are generally colored either yellow-orange, orange, or bright red, depending on the point in which the pepper is harvested. Habanero chili peppers size around 1 to 2 1/2 inches long and 1 to 2 inches in diameter and are tam-shaped.
The habanero chili pepper gets its name from the Cuban city of La Habano, which is called Havana in English. Habanero chili peppers are rated 100,000 to 350,000 on the Scoville scale, which is used to measure the hotness of a chili pepper based on the amount of capsaicin it contains. The higher the rating, the hotter the pepper.

Indianapolis

#17577 Aug 9, 2014
Good for NJ. Aren't you the one wanting to do away with laws that restrict freedoms?
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
As always you missed the point and got right back to insults and name calling. Are you sure you are not a Christian?
Those are my beliefs and I am not going to force them onto others or pass laws requiring others to follow them. I feel abortion is wrong, that it really is the taking of a human life and that there are alternatives to abortion that are not even considered. I am in no position to stop it but I add my voice to those who say it is wrong.
It is funny how you have no problem robbing me and throwing my money at people you think it will help. If you can steal my money why can't a fetus steal a woman's body for 9 months?
If the government can require me to hand over a substantial part of my income, force me to give up two years of my life to go fight its stupid war in Viet Nam and risk my life to make rich people richer, then why can't it force a woman to be a vehicle for bringing another life into the world?
If the government can stop me from smoking pot then why can't it force a woman to carry a child to term.
Did you know that in New Jersey, who do we know in New Jersey, that abortion is legal up to the time of birth? Did you know that?

Location hidden

#17578 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
People offering sexual favors to eat with you?
<quoted text>
I thought you would not miss that one. Really you don't know how gay people are.

I am showing off my dining room to one of my cousin's friends and he says what he'd do for me to get invited to dine in my dining room. I did not instigate the discussion. But you probably know that and just wanted to be insulting.

Gay people are always saying funny things. At least the happy ones I know. Maybe in Indianapolis they are all dull, boring drab and uninteresting like you, but not here in sunny warm California.

Location hidden

#17579 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
God, you're shallow.
I don't just change positions on the couch, idiot. i don't have a staff, remember? I enjoy doing things for myself. You like cooking...but who does the dishes and cleans up after the party? Not you.
<quoted text>
Well, yes, mostly. I do have that luxury of getting up from the dinner table with friends and going into the TV room or the den or outside around the pool while someone cleans it all up and puts it all away. In an hour it is like it didn't happen. But when I cook I do clean up after myself as I go along. You can ask those who work for me, behind my back if they don't like their jobs.

If we are not having a party I will eat on a tray in front of the TV in my bedroom. My parents usually take their meals in their room. My cousin usually takes his meals in the kitchen and my son usually eats as he walks from the kitchen back to what ever it was he was doing when he got hungry. If we BBQ then we usually sit around the BBQ and visit while we take turns cooking. I am in the kitchen everyday cooking something, either a cake, a pie, baking bread I do a lot more than you could ever imagine.

And I do love oriiental carpets and have quite a collection. The Red Bokhara in my bedroom is one of my favorites.

Location hidden

#17580 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
If a guest comes to my home and brings store-bought food, i accept it in the spirit given because my friends are important, not the food. I might make a full "gourmet" meal, hold a pot-luck, or just order in Asian or pizza. It's not what's important, it's the camaraderie.
<quoted text>
"Camaraderie"? I guess that is what happens in my hot tub that holds 8 when my cousin invites 11 of his closest friends over and all 12 of them get in at the same time. I would join them but like I said, the hot tub holds 8 and there are 12 of them in it already. Do the math. It's a gay thing, right?

Location hidden

#17581 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Ideas? Yes, and they all involve medieval torture devices.
Your first dish would require an aspic, not jello, idiot. You don't use gelatin for a creamy dish. Now that we've established that you can't cook, I'll ignore your food posts as the blatherings of a fake.
<quoted text>
I can cook and if you knew any of my guests they would tell you I do so quite well. Even Maria says I cook Mexican better than her. What she means is she cooks basic food and I do a gourmet version because I have the time to do so. When relatives from Germany visit they say my bread is as good as what they get in Germany. I also am quite good with Chinese food and I would like to find the time to learn to make sushi. My tandoori chicken is melt in your mouth delicious.

I asked you about jello because you are the Jello Queen and I don't like jello. I don't like it so I never make it. For me it is like eating plastic but my cousin wants to offer it up for a pot luck he is planning so why not go to you The Jello Queen?

I want something with artichokes in it. But I can't think of what else to add. And I do not know why you can't use cream with jello. What about cream cheese? Yoghurt? Cottage cheese, I know I have seen jello with cottage cheese.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#17582 Aug 9, 2014
Is there any point to all this?.../\
Where the hell do you guys get the energy to exchange all this typing back n forth to one another over mostly NOTHING?
You two CAN"T STAND each other (?)
And what about that stupid baker... in Colorado...???
Illogical.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#17583 Aug 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is a privacy right, Rev Anal. It is NONE of your fucking business what a woman choses to do with her body.

FYI.... A legal, partial-birth abortion may occur only in the event that the protection and preservation of the life of the mother carrying a fetus is compromised as a result of a pregnancy; an abortion can take place in order to save the life of the mother only upon accredited and sanctioned medical review.

What does abortion have to do with: CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake?

Location hidden

#17584 Aug 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Climate change is making a difference in farming needs as well.
<quoted text>
Oh good climate change, we haven't gone there yet.

I have been crossing the cold hearty Morton Orange with the Valencia and the Washington Navel, back and forth and back and forth trying to get an orange that will survive one climate zone colder and still produce a delicious orange. If oranges could be grown in Zone 8 that would be quite a wonderful thing.

I successfully crossed an owari satsuma with a grapefruit and the fruit is amazing, super loaded with juice that is mildly sweet like a satsuma with a non-bitter grapefruit tang to it.

I have lots of rare citrus. I have a "blood lemon" a lemon with blood colored flesh, I have a sweet lemon that isn't just a lemon that isn't sour but actually has some sweetness to it. And several improvements to the cold hardy citrus. The cold hardy citrus still needs lots of work before you'll ever see the fruit in a supermarket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Realtime 1,396,444
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min Crystal_Clear722 3,652
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 3 min death by arrogance 292
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 3 min RMGHispanic Causi... 2,124
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min who cares 13,177
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 min An NFL Fan 20,195
News Biden says Sanders will endorse Clinton 9 min USA Today 6
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 45 min spocko 1,273
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 46 min katrina 88 388,442
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Frankendrumpf 228,983
More from around the web