CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16419 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#5498 Jan 22, 2014
1) You can't just claim something is against your religion; you have to back it up with evidence. Even the pope wouldn't say baking a cake for gays was against christianity.

2) Discrimination IS harm.
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The underlying problem with claiming this refusal of a cake by a baker is a format of actual discrimination is twofold.
One - the baker was within his Constitutional right to follow his religion and secondly real prejudice and bigotry should contain a viable harm.
I seed inconvenience. the inconvenience these gays had in finding another bakery with the misguided thought it amounted to actual harm.

Indianapolis

#5499 Jan 22, 2014
What "alternative lifestyle" are you complaining about? Gay couples do the same things straight couples do. If you're referring to orientation, then you're wrong...orientation isn't chosen. Moreover, just like among hetero-raised kids, the majority of gay-parented kids turn out to be straight. Orientation is inborn and innate, not a choice.
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>See, that's the thing....children don't get a say in the kinds families they end up in. Same sex marriage allows for selfish and thoughtless persons to have children who will grow up in their alternative lifestyle. A lifestyle they could freely choose.....unlike the child.

Indianapolis

#5500 Jan 22, 2014
Should we discuss the twisted religious freak who doesn't even understand what his own business is for?
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>
If discrimination causes mental illness then every woman, black, nationality would be mentally ill. Some homosexuals would like you to think they have been damaged....just look at the little fruitcakes who screamed about their wedding cake!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5501 Jan 22, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You should probably ask kids raised by same-sex parents, because they have no problem with it.
<quoted text>
A person doesn't want a pet but his/her spouse does.
That pet will win over the spouse that didn't want it.
They have no problem with it because they had no choice, just like the pet.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5502 Jan 22, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You should probably ask kids raised by same-sex parents, because they have no problem with it.
<quoted text>
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/06/11/st...
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#5503 Jan 22, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not accept that there are men who have sex with men who aren't gay? I would say that my cousin has many gay friends and lots of guy friends who like to have gay sex with him but in no way would I ever see them as gay.
Could it be you who is not making distinctions that need to be made for the purpose of manipulating data to make gays look worse than heterosexuals?
Do you accept that there are situations where children are better off living with two gay men than perhaps with their natural parents? Some of those gay dads [on the Phil Donahue show] adopted kids born of crack whores with all kinds of disabilities and they were considered not adoptable. All of the children on the program loved their gay dads and one ever said, "Look you people, my dad has never come onto me, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me!"
Absolutely not. You are homosexual or you are not. Bisexual is someone who is both homosexual and heterosexual. When you look at same sex attacks, they are homosexual. Gays want to change the data to dilute the problem inherent with homosexuality. It is a deviation from the norm which is fine so long as kids are not affected, IMO.

Just because they removed homosexuality as a mental illness doesn't mean it no longer is. Prisoners tend to have some degree of mental illness which explains the problem with homosexual rape. Homosexuality is a learned behavior in most instances. Many kids become homosexuals due to trauma and sexual abuse. Others have hatred towards their mothers and become homosexuals. A very small percentage are deficient in hormones that make them gender confused. The medical community has to be careful so homosexuality is all rainbows and cherubs.

What a sad thing for a child to be proud their dad never came on to him. Sick and sad. Adults have every right to choose an alternative lifestyle but I do not believe they should impose their choices on innocent children.

Homosexuals are in the vast minority and yet they are over represented as pedophiles and sexual abusers. Now if they can dilute the numbers by claiming those who have sex with women and men, are not gay but power mongers.....that buries the obvious. Pedophilia is just another aspect of homosexuality that may rear it's ugly head or it may not. Not all homosexuals are pedophiles, of course.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#5504 Jan 22, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The baker doesn't want to bake the cake.
Nor should a government/judge tell a private US citizen he has to do something.Would a Christian couple ask a muslim baker to bake a cake with the ten commandments on it?
And would a judge be allowed to force that on a muslim, I think not.
No because Christians aren't looking for a court case just to prove a point-like what the gays are doing.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#5505 Jan 22, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Should we discuss the twisted religious freak who doesn't even understand what his own business is for?
<quoted text>
A religious freak? How so? The baker did not feel comfortable baking a cake for a gay wedding. Big deal. I think the freaks of nature should have gone to a baker that would be happy to bake one for them.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#5506 Jan 22, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
What "alternative lifestyle" are you complaining about? Gay couples do the same things straight couples do. If you're referring to orientation, then you're wrong...orientation isn't chosen. Moreover, just like among hetero-raised kids, the majority of gay-parented kids turn out to be straight. Orientation is inborn and innate, not a choice.
<quoted text>
Not true. There has been great debate about how someone becomes homosexual. Due to the rise in media influences, gays are becoming more and more common. It is an alternative lifestyle most choose. Mental illnesses could in fact play a role. Of course there may be hormonal deficiencies and genetic anomalies that may also contribute to their sexual orientation.....it can not be proven yet. Gay marriage IS an alternative lifestyle. It is unfair to bring innocent children into your union.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#5507 Jan 22, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
1) You can't just claim something is against your religion; you have to back it up with evidence. Even the pope wouldn't say baking a cake for gays was against christianity.
2) Discrimination IS harm.
<quoted text>
I don't think a Catholic baker would bake a cake about the right to an abortion. Do you think the govt. should force them to bake a proabortion cake or for a pro abortion celebration? I'm prochoice and even I don't think that is right. Everyone should be entitled to their beliefs because the Constitution clearly states that we have religious freedom.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5508 Jan 22, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
In light of recent events where a court claimed that a commercial photography business owned by opponents of same-sex marriage violated New Mexico’s anti-discrimination law by refusing to take pictures of a gay couple’s commitment ceremony, we must ask how we feel about this ruling if the shoe were placed on the other foot.
So, if persons who do not support homosexuality can be forced to serve homosexuals, should gay business owners be forced to serve KKK members?
If a gay man is forced to serve members of the KKK, KKK members being persons who may participate in gay bashing and possibly even the murder of gay men, has the gay business owners liberty been violated? Doesn’t the gay business owner have a right to express him or herself as being opposed to the ideas and political stances that members of the KKK hold by refusing to associate with them? or does he or she not have that right?
Should homosexual business owners be forced to serve members of the KKK?
The KKK is just another evangelical fundamentalist religion; they're all alike
http://www.poynter.org/wp-content/uploads/201...
Public accommodations law requires all licensed business establishments to serve all comers equally; so there isn't a problem unless the KKK guy pulls out a gun or lights a blowtorch

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#5509 Jan 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Baking a cake is not an endorsement. It is providing a professional service.
Helping a gay couple in any way with their gay marriage plans is not something the baker wants to do. Why do you get to decide that the baker can't see that as an endorsement? He sees it as an endorsement, and his is the only voice that matters when he comes to what he wants to do.

You are a monster for wanting to force him to do something he has decided he doesn't want to do. Yes, it would be a professional service, one the baker elects not to provide.

And just like comrade peter told me on page 205, if you don't like it leave.

I know you being gay want gay people to have the right to refuse service but you do not want to protect that very same right to bakers.

That is morally wrong.

Location hidden

#5510 Jan 22, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Exactly which enumerated, legal right of the child is being violated?
<quoted text>
You do not know what rights are so stop asking about them. That must have been some school you went to.

Location hidden

#5511 Jan 22, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It should.
You can't have a right to something like that anymore than you can have a right to have your parents not die.

Location hidden

#5512 Jan 22, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Under what provision in any antidiscrimination law are KKK members protected? Why wouldn't a gay baker or photog work a KKK wedding, as long as the the people treat them like professionals?
<quoted text>
The KKK is a KKKristian organization and you can not discriminate against religions.

Here is more proof you are divorced from reality "as long as the the people treat them like professionals?"

Are you kidding or are you stupid? So let's see, 20 KKK skin heads walk into a gay bar and order beers, after they are properly pissed they wait out side and beat the shit out of everyone leaving or trying to enter. Oh yeah, I am sure the KKK skin heads would treat the gay people like professionals.

Is there anything you don't have an opinion about?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5513 Jan 22, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
When did a private business become a place of public accommodation? When the government decided to over-ride the Constitution.
That would be a business that is open to the public (or serves the public)
Because of civil unrest; It became necessary to clarify it in writing 50 years ago in 1964
http://www.citizensource.com/History/20thCen/...
It is interesting to note the 1964 Civil Rights Act became law the same year America's First Lady was born. Both are 50 years old

Location hidden

#5514 Jan 22, 2014
incredulous: I'm afraid you are jumping to unfounded conclusions. I have strong opinions but that does not make me homophobic. I have worked and hung out with gay men. They can be very entertaining but some of their antics are too much for me to stomach. I much prefer the quiet gays who keep their sexuality to themselves.

ALAN: I like the ones who are upfront and in your face if someone tries to make them feel bad about who or what they are. You do realize that that comment is very inflammatory? That gays are only acceptable when they act like straight people.

incredulous: I simply do not like how the homosexual community is impacting children.

ALAN: Are you sure you don't like how they are impacting you? Some of my friends when they first came over would make fag jokes and ask my son why he let "that fag" live in this house. After a while they would be sitting down with him asking him questions like, how do you know if your are gay. They were seriously curious. I am glad that gay people are coming out of the closet because now children growing up grow up with gay people and they find they have brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins and even parents who are gay and it is perfectly fine for them. It does not seem to be fine for you however.

incredlous: And no, the age of consent should NOT be lowered particularly since a teenage boy's frontal cortex is still developing.

ALAN: I do not know of any teenage boy who cares about his frontal cortex as long as his joy stick works. You do realizing you are saying that most of the world is wrong. I think we should ask the teenage boys what they think and do they want the age of consent lowered. Would you accept children making their own decisions? Today in some courts the Judges are letting the kids in on who they want to live with because straight people who get married get divorced after they have a couple kids.

incredlous: You are incorrect about the parks. Many gays get their thrills having sex in broad daylight and around the playgrounds ESPECIALLY the ones children frequent the most. Children have witnessed some of their behaviors as well as become victims.

ALAN: I do not believe you. If this were true how come I never see it on the news? Can you find a link to a credible, make sure you don't miss credible, site?

incredlous: Gawking at a boys penis is disturbing and there is no excuse for your gay friends who find it amusing or satisfying.

ALAN: No one was gawking, you just changed my words for the purpose of inflaming the discussion. Go back and re-read what I actually wrote. And of course I have to point out that you had nothing to say about the boy who dropped his swimming suit.

incredlous: If you saw the pain children suffer from these sexual predators, you may not be so flip about homosexuals and their interaction with children.

ALAN: I have seen the pain children suffer. I have also seen children suffer more from Christians sticking their noses into other people's business. What you seem incapable of doing is accepting that what you are complaining about does not happen 100% of the time and is not the only case scenario. I know of cases of gay people having kids and they are all model citizens.

If you think that all gays secretly belong to NAMBLA you are going to have a very tough time getting anything but insults and name calling. Do you really think it is right to group all gays into one mold because of the actions of a few? How about when the gays group all Christians into one size fits all. That isn't fair either. You see groups and I see individuals.

Location hidden

#5515 Jan 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way the law works, captain half-wit.
That is not the way the Constitution works. I

Location hidden

#5516 Jan 22, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The underlying problem with claiming this refusal of a cake by a baker is a format of actual discrimination is twofold.
One - the baker was within his Constitutional right to follow his religion and secondly real prejudice and bigotry should contain a viable harm.
I seed inconvenience. the inconvenience these gays had in finding another bakery with the misguided thought it amounted to actual harm.
Gay people have no right to force people to bake them cakes. The government is supposed to protect the rights of people to say no, instead the government passed unfair, unjust and unconstitutional laws that violate the rights of this baker and everyone else who opens a business.

No one is harmed because some one doesn't want to bake them a cake.

Why has no one touched my comment about buying the cake at the gay bakery down the street?

Location hidden

#5517 Jan 22, 2014
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>See, that's the thing....children don't get a say in the kinds families they end up in. Same sex marriage allows for selfish and thoughtless persons to have children who will grow up in their alternative lifestyle. A lifestyle they could freely choose.....unlike the child.
What do you want?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,275,272
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 min Mr_SKY 84,400
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Dogen 173,431
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min RayOne 193,571
News Kentucky clerk seeks Supreme Court help to deny... 7 min Christaliban 26
News Clinton relishes role as champion of women 13 min USA Today 9
News Donald Trump proves his hair is real 15 min Shinichiro Takizawa 55
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 24 min Responsibiility 153
News Cheneys liken Iran nuclear deal to Munich pact 32 min USA Today 24
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 1 hr NorCal Native 213
More from around the web