Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

Full story: CBS News

Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now.
Comments
41 - 60 of 802 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2013
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#51 Jul 16, 2013
This case has proven one thing. The race baiters like Al Sharpton don't want blacks to be equal, he wants them to be superior to all other races. To never be questioned, nor expected to provide for themselves. To never be expected to earn their equality like all races have before them. This race issue will continue as long as blacks refuse to take responsibility for themselves. The battle of Gettysburg just turned 150 years old, and this country is still in the "dark" ages.

“Don't Even Bother”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#52 Jul 16, 2013
Has anyone read the book "BlackRednecks and WhiteLiberals"ThomasSowel l. I just pick it up from the Library...
If I like what I am reading... I will definitely order a copy.
Justin

United States

#54 Jul 16, 2013
In light of the Zimmerman verdict, we have to ask ourselves...

Are women are suitable for jury duty on high profile murder trials?
Ben

United States

#55 Jul 16, 2013
Justin wrote:
women can reason as well as men. This they proved in their verdict.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#56 Jul 16, 2013
Justin wrote:
Why wouldn't they be?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#57 Jul 16, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>women can reason as well as men. This they proved in their verdict.
Women who resonate that we are becoming a police state recognize that most of them won't fare that well with to much security. It is time to stop kissing the azz of criminals and stop making criminals out of men.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#58 Jul 16, 2013
Justin wrote:
The jury was sequestered by the prosecution and the defense. The prosecution was hoping that the "child" Trayvon would appeal to their motherly instincts. Instead, the 6 women viewed the thug aspect.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#59 Jul 16, 2013
That jury was a fkn joke.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#60 Jul 16, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
As was the "victim".........

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#61 Jul 16, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
I totally agree.

Another all white jury in Texas qualifies for that title too. They just let a white man who killed a Mexican prostitute in cold blood walk free. Their reason? It was legal for the murderer to use a gun to try to get his money back from the prostitute and to kill her if she refused the refund.

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

#62 Jul 16, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
I gather you did not like the jury selected? LOL...

Silly people.
CZars_R_Us

Orlando, FL

#63 Jul 16, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Except maybe a rich conservative cracker?
Thats Creepy Azz Cracker...

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

#64 Jul 16, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
Martin family attorney wanted a better jury?
Yes I am certain that they would have preferred an all Blk Thug jury.
LOL..... Maybe they wanted a wannabe Al Sharton,Jesse Jackson ,Intelligent Rachel jeantel, a couple of La Raza KissAzz NAACP and maybe a few Thugs from Chicago'sInnerCityWarZones.
Justin

United States

#65 Jul 16, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
All women... that's no joke, that's fkn bullsht!! I don't know what they were thinking during jury selection, but somebody fked up. I guess that's what you get for your money with a state prosecutor.

Fight the real enemy!

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

#66 Jul 16, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>
All women... that's no joke, that's fkn bullsht!! I don't know what they were thinking during jury selection, but somebody fked up. I guess that's what you get for your money with a state prosecutor.
Fight the real enemy!
No it's notBS.
Women are better able to think clearly under pressure(in real life,i'm not talking about dealing with trolls /bullies online(that's different). I;m talking about ...out here in the real world),They are able assess all evidence presented and come to an honest verdict. Unlike some men who more than likely will relate to that thug mentality exhibited by Trayvon.

Take note, I said "some men".

Brooklyn, New York

#67 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree.

Another all white jury in Texas qualifies for that title too. They just let a white man who killed a Mexican prostitute in cold blood walk free. Their reason? It was legal for the murderer to use a gun to try to get his money back from the prostitute and to kill her if she refused the refund.
Jesus Christ.

By any means necessary.

Brooklyn, New York

#69 Jul 16, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>All women... that's no joke, that's fkn bullsht!! I don't know what they were thinking during jury selection, but somebody fked up. I guess that's what you get for your money with a state prosecutor.

Fight the real enemy!
Horrible jury selection. Nothing personal, but what tha fk do white housewives know about a street fight and life or death situation?
Valirie

Baltimore, MD

#70 Jul 16, 2013
Some of you point to the jury's being all woman and harmful to T.M., . What an ignorant accusation , it was the evidence that determined the outcome. That accusation simply mirrors your racist views.

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

#71 Jul 16, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
They selected a bunch of white housewives to judge a life or death situation...How is that a jury of his peers? They set him free because they bought the bullshit defense.
Are you fkn kidding me?
I was selected for jury duty.... the best people are chosen. I was asked many /many questions. it does not matter whether you are a man or woman, your economical status,religion,nationality, nor color of your skin.... it's all according to the answer you give to their(judge/attorneys) questions.
Ben

United States

#72 Jul 16, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Horrible jury selection. Nothing personal, but what tha fk do white housewives know about a street fight and life or death situation?
well, obviously they know enough to NOT BE FOOLED in to thinking a poor little innocent boy on his way to the store to buy some skittles did nothing wrong. They knew enough to realize that a person was getting his head bashed on the sidewalk and knew if he didn't do something he would be the one dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AG Holder worries about revenge for bin Laden (May '11) 2 min Swedenforever 180
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Limbertwig 151,293
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Stu Rumsfeld 1,100,620
Utah university removes Harry Reid's name from ... 9 min kuda 3
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 9 min White Knight 1,905
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min Quirky 256,471
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 23 min fubar 22,308
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 24 min Equal justice 1,850
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 2 hr Truth 1,491
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE