Martin family attorney wanted a bette...

Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

There are 800 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 14, 2013, titled Martin family attorney wanted a better jury. In it, CBS News reports that:

Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

chisholm

Columbus, OH

#867 Jul 29, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
is that how they do it in YOUR amerika?
In MY America, people have a right to petition the government for redress of grievances...not in yours? Seriously?
TGO

United States

#868 Jul 29, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than from the obvious legal standpoint, that's wishful thinking on your part. This thread is evidence that there's plenty more to be said.
I'm not surprised that the obvious is lost on you.

Now go pet the pretty tiger.
TGO

United States

#869 Jul 29, 2013
AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before, how low are you shameless right-wingers willing to stoop just to smear a dead black kid?
You ASK a question.

Therefore it should be;
As I asked before, how low are you shameless right-wingers willing to stoop just to smear a dead black kid?

Hopefully not as low as you half-literate leftists are willing to stoop to overturn the law by howling for the murder of an innocent hispanic man.
TGO

United States

#870 Jul 30, 2013
National Whistleblower wrote:
<quoted text>
Suicide is an option.
You will not survive the American Holocaust.
Know thy FARTHER YHVH
peace of mind especially in the American Holocaust (population control / Economic Oppression - premediated and orchestrated extreme outrageous physical, mental, financial and emotional stress).
Anybody know this "Farther YHVH"?

Is he related to Nearer YHVH?
TGO

United States

#872 Jul 30, 2013
I think they are petitioning Topix to arrest him or something.

That would be my guess but who knows with these Space Patrol JAG cadets.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#873 Jul 30, 2013
TGO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised that the obvious is lost on you.
Now go pet the pretty tiger.
Since my comment was demonstrably true, I don't think it's me that something was 'lost' on, big guy...:)
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#874 Jul 30, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. To petition for a redress of grievances. NOT to petition the court to indict someone on unsubstantiated accusations. Damm you are dumber than a dead houseplant.
Show us where in the US Code, Constitution, that states the courts can be petitioned to bring Federal charges against a person.
Injustice is a grievance..Martin was treated unjustly. It's really as simple as that, your "unsubstantiated accusations" aside.

Hint: the dead kid isn't "unsubstantiated." He was real..
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#875 Jul 30, 2013
TGO wrote:
I think they are petitioning Topix to arrest him or something.
That would be my guess but who knows with these Space Patrol JAG cadets.
It would surprise me if your "guess" was any more intelligent than that, I admit.
TGO

United States

#877 Jul 30, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Since my comment was demonstrably true, I don't think it's me that something was 'lost' on, big guy...:)
Why I have no doubt that a Rocket Science Guy like you can even demonstrate how a jury finding Zimmerman innocent is wishful thinking.

Sock it to me baby.
TGO

United States

#878 Jul 30, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Injustice is a grievance..Martin was treated unjustly. It's really as simple as that, your "unsubstantiated accusations" aside.
Hint: the dead kid isn't "unsubstantiated." He was real..
Let me guess.

You want the Martins to cough up some of that loot to redress the Injustice you have suffered.
TGO

United States

#879 Jul 30, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
OMFG you are STUPID. I mean you are one really dumb sonofabitch ignorant stupid. Not just saying that to be insulting. You really are fcking stupid, like retard stupid.
Done with you.
He got his technique from the Monty Python "Travel Agency" skit.

The part where he says he's through with this thread and keeps coming back is his own material though.
TGO

United States

#880 Jul 30, 2013
Why he can even demonstrate that this statement is true-

"Other than from the obvious legal standpoint, that's wishful thinking on your part. This thread is evidence that there's plenty more to be said."

He's a regular old Demonsrating rascal he is.
Cat74

United States

#881 Jul 30, 2013
Martin was treated the same way any other attacker would be treated. He was shot in self defense. All he had to do was tell Mr Zimmerman what he was doing walking around aimlessly in a driving rain storm. He didn't live there. He was visiting.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#883 Jul 30, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
OMFG you are STUPID. I mean you are one really dumb sonofabitch ignorant stupid. Not just saying that to be insulting. You really are fcking stupid, like retard stupid.
Done with you.
LOL! Really excellent meltdown there, mister. Janitor, cleanup on aisle 36!:)
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#884 Jul 30, 2013
I'll give you credit, though, the 'Not saying that to be insulting' was a damn funny touch...:)
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#885 Jul 30, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Martin was treated the same way any other attacker would be treated.
Attorney Burris also said that the prosecution should have argued that Martin was actually the person standing his ground. "After all, he was the one being pursued," he said. "That never was argued in any kind of way by the prosecution. The fact that he himself was standing his ground, and what he had a right to do. And so, that’s what made it more challenging for the prosecution, because they didn’t take advantage of the opportunity that they had to make arguments, to make Trayvon Martin a more sympathetic person, and they allowed the defense to define Trayvon Martin in ways that were hurtful and easy for the jury to accept."

http://blogs.kqed.org/newsfix/2013/07/15/kqed...
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#886 Jul 30, 2013
For the ignorant, dishonest, and hysterical out there, this was the whole sequence of comments:

Original poster: "Over one million signatures collected in 3 days for the DOJ petition to prosecute George Zimmerman on federal charges."

Second poster, Higgans: "is that how they do it in YOUR amerika?"

Me: "Americans have the right to petition the government for redress of grievances."

Now if Americans feel aggrieved by the process which acquitted Zimmerman...and want to petition the DoJ to file federal charges...do they or do they not have that right?

That's the whole question right there. I never once said ANYTHING about "petitioning a court to bring federal charges." When this fool MDConservative makes that claim, therefore, he is LYING.

Now if you can pick yourself up off the floor, Mr. MDmeltdown, would you care to answer that? No sweat if you don't, so far the only talent you've demonstrated is one for displaying hysterically fake outrage.

But go ahead, give it a try...:)
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#887 Jul 30, 2013
TGO wrote:
Why he can even demonstrate that this statement is true-
"Other than from the obvious legal standpoint, that's wishful thinking on your part. This thread is evidence that there's plenty more to be said."
He's a regular old Demonsrating rascal he is.
This and all the other Zimmerman case threads demonstrates that discussion of this case will continue indefinitely, fool. Or are you going to make up some different version of what I was claiming there, too?:)
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#888 Jul 30, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Martin was treated the same way any other attacker would be treated. He was shot in self defense. All he had to do was tell Mr Zimmerman what he was doing walking around aimlessly in a driving rain storm. He didn't live there. He was visiting.
No evidence other than Zimmerman's claim that Martin was the "attacker," of course. The jury believed that, or at least heard no convincing evidence to the contrary. That's a major reason he was acquitted.

Martin was walking home (the one he was staying at) in rain, not "wandering around in a driving rainstorm." Where do you get this stuff, from Drudge or NewsMax or something? Martin had as much right to be in the neighborhood as Zimmerman did. He had NO duty to tell Zimmerman anything, and for all he knew, Zimmerman was planning to attack HIM.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#889 Jul 30, 2013
TGO wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess.
You want the Martins to cough up some of that loot to redress the Injustice you have suffered.
What "loot?" What are you babbling about? That makes no sense at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,403,352
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Sharrp Shooter 391,092
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 10 min crucifiedguy 1,570
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Jay 232,843
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 27 min Harry Paratestes 1,490
News Could NATO be the next alliance to unravel? 34 min woodtick57 42
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 38 min Trumping On 187
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 45 min woodtick57 154
News Trump doubles back to hit Cruz 3 hr BabyDoll 55
More from around the web