Youth activists detained while trying...

Youth activists detained while trying to enter US

There are 145 comments on the WOI-TV West Des Moines story from Jul 22, 2013, titled Youth activists detained while trying to enter US. In it, WOI-TV West Des Moines reports that:

U.S. authorities have detained eight activists who asked to be allowed to re-enter the United States from Mexico on humanitarian grounds in a protest against American immigration policies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOI-TV West Des Moines.

Sirius

San Juan Del Río, Mexico

#83 Jul 25, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Asians no: However I see many Hispanics begging on the corner or freeway off ramps. I also see loads of Mexicants selling flowers, oranges and food from stolen shopping carts. Mexicants are very primitive and third world. They tend to be habitual drunks. They're violent and EXTREMELY lacking intelligence and or basic common sense. They also never seem to maintain their homes or control their children in public. They children often act like wild animals. I also question why Mexicants as a whole seem to have no talent or exceptional abilities.
And...

If they manage to have "high-end-jobs" - i.e. like working as waitress in some dirty restaurant - when they come to Mexico, they say that they are going fine, that they own a nice restaurant and sh*t...

There is a subculture in Mexico, of families that buy how successful mojados get in the USA, and they grow up with the "dream" of being successful in the USA (isn't thise theme about "dreamers", the dream of being an spitted beaner, that want bad to be "Americans").

I really hope that this treatment this mojados are getting in the USA, will at the end weight more that the garbage of mojados when they return to Mexico.

They have to learn.
Sirius

San Juan Del Río, Mexico

#84 Jul 25, 2013
I didn't saw the last part...
I also question why Mexicants as a whole seem to have no talent or exceptional abilities
In some Sociology book that I read in the 70s, it said that 90% of Americans cannot imagine a Middle Class Mexican.

However, a substantial part of Mexico (dozens of millions of people) are middle class.

I personally do not care if Americans think like that of Mexicans. For me suffices that we still could be friends of a lot of peoples around the world that do not live bombarded with anti-Mexican propaganda around the clock.

US are Warring Savages

United States

#85 Jul 25, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't have a problem with YOUR country shooting me down if I entered mexico without your permission.
why do you have a problem with MY country shooting those from YOUR country who enter MY country without permission?
sounds really hypocritical to me.
regarding israel... it is multi-facet issue that requires some studying to understand the full picture of what is going on. one must study the history of the area for the last 200 years. one must also read the koran. if you do this, I will discuss the issue with you.
otherwise, the time it would take for me to bring you up to my point of view would take more time than I am willing to part with at this time.
some reading material to start you off if you are still inclined to debate the issue with me in the future.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_empire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_O...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evol...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I
http://tellthechildrenthetruth.com/
http://masada2000.org/
http://masada2000.org/historical.html
And what about over obnoxious loud 1 million ILLEGAL AMERICANS sucking dry the Mexico Medical industry services..., sent them all home, Yea! And all bullying Americans expats/illegals/Corporations sucking dry and plundering ther nations raw resources , killing other nations people... you all should just leave and go home ! HAHAHAHAHAH.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#86 Jul 25, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
the issue of anchor babies can be resolved by simply changing the law. it was misinterpreted in the first place. but like what the EU did. we can resolve the issue easily by just not allowing birthright citizenships.
it WILL be done.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_baby
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthright_citiz...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli#Specifi...
Eliminating birthright citizenship opens the door to human rights violations. I prefer to keep birthright citizenship. Generations have counted upon it and it has closed the door to many human rights violations for younger generations.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#87 Jul 25, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha.
these are the kind of illegals that we are getting from mexico.
and you wonder why I'm all up in arms about the idiots on capitol hill wanting to give them amnesty?
I want them legalized. I think they will save us from the old progressives and the old communists in our Universities. LOL.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#88 Jul 25, 2013
Dequin wrote:
ALL THOSE LEGALISTIC EXCUSES for not welcoming
any immigrant are just no good:
America needs to take a look from a moral point of view: Is it okay for a country like the U.S. to deport people who have lived there for years-
or not? If you do not give them a path to citzenship,
they are bound to run afoul of the system:
So , why even risk that?
Obama was elected because of his ability to do
the right thing ethically-because the time for
a more tolerant leader had come.
In reflecting about Trayvon Martin, he seemed to be
saying:" Look-is this what we have come down to?"
As far as immigration is concerned, it is understandable that activist are not let in, as
they´d b bound to heat up the discussion
unduly. All the same, just like Obama in the case
of Trayvon Martin,I´d like to ask as well:
Is this legalistic discussion on immigration
what we have come down to?" The letter of the
law can be used in order to detract from the
real issue at hand, which remains:
There are 11 million undocumented immigrants
in the country, and they won´t go away overnight-
so wouldn´t it be time to solve this problem?
It would be too expensive to put them in jail and it would be too expensive to try to deport them.

Likewise, Mexico is about 80 percent mixed descent so many of these "illegals" are descended from an ethnic group that was here in North America first. If you consider that the US Army chased many tribes out of the country to Mexico, it is possible some of the "illegals" have more of a right to be here than many Americans;
it is their ancestral homeland.
spud

United States

#89 Jul 26, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be too expensive to put them in jail and it would be too expensive to try to deport them.
Likewise, Mexico is about 80 percent mixed descent so many of these "illegals" are descended from an ethnic group that was here in North America first. If you consider that the US Army chased many tribes out of the country to Mexico, it is possible some of the "illegals" have more of a right to be here than many Americans;
If it's too expensive to just deport them, how expensive will it be to identify the 20 million, background check them, check them for diseases, determine how long they have been in this country and when they came here and their age and make them pay back taxes and a fine? If you said "it will be impossible to do all that stuff but they have no intentions of doing any of it", you would be right. The elite want their slaves and the elite control our politicians.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#90 Jul 26, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>If it's too expensive to just deport them, how expensive will it be to identify the 20 million, background check them, check them for diseases, determine how long they have been in this country and when they came here and their age and make them pay back taxes and a fine? If you said "it will be impossible to do all that stuff but they have no intentions of doing any of it", you would be right. The elite want their slaves and the elite control our politicians.
Of course it would cost nothing to do background checks. They are being charged a hefty fee that would cover all of the expenses.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#91 Jul 26, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
you talk of expenses..

have you considered how much it would cost the usa to grant amnesty to an unknown number of non-citizens?

imagine 100+ million illegals applying for an open amnesty? how much would it cost to administer the open amnesty? how would you be able to confirm those who are truly eligible when fraud is so great?

it would cost more to the usa to grant citizenship then it would to just enforce the current laws and deport them.

and then, there's the question of allegiance. do you think all these people who received citizenship would be loyal citizens? I don't. the way I see it, an open amnesty would ensure a civil war would occur in the near future.

look at what happened in the EU. they allowed all these muslims into their countries who have absolutely no desire to assimilate. they scream for sharia law. the same is happening in Australia.

one only needs to see what is happening around the world to confirm my fears.
Eduardo

Durango, Mexico

#92 Jul 26, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you talk of expenses..
have you considered how much it would cost the usa to grant amnesty to an unknown number of non-citizens?
imagine 100+ million illegals applying for an open amnesty? how much would it cost to administer the open amnesty? how would you be able to confirm those who are truly eligible when fraud is so great?
it would cost more to the usa to grant citizenship then it would to just enforce the current laws and deport them.
and then, there's the question of allegiance. do you think all these people who received citizenship would be loyal citizens? I don't. the way I see it, an open amnesty would ensure a civil war would occur in the near future.
look at what happened in the EU. they allowed all these muslims into their countries who have absolutely no desire to assimilate. they scream for sharia law. the same is happening in Australia.
one only needs to see what is happening around the world to confirm my fears.
But the number is not 100+ million, that's a lie, is around a tenth of that.
Is also a lie that USA isn't allowing Islamic radicals into their country. The Chechnyan brothers had legal residence in the US because USA didn't have any problem allowing them in and approving all of their papers, do any of the current changes they want to implement to the USA immigration policy would have prevented them from entering and staying in the US?
I personally don't really care if USA allows Islamists into their country or not, that doesn't affect me in anyway. But is a lie that this changes would prevent them from entering to USA, gaining residence, work there, marry a local, and then one day decide that they want to kill all the infidels ...like Tsarnaev did.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#93 Jul 27, 2013
Eduardo wrote:
<quoted text>
But the number is not 100+ million, that's a lie, is around a tenth of that.
Is also a lie that USA isn't allowing Islamic radicals into their country. The Chechnyan brothers had legal residence in the US because USA didn't have any problem allowing them in and approving all of their papers, do any of the current changes they want to implement to the USA immigration policy would have prevented them from entering and staying in the US?
I personally don't really care if USA allows Islamists into their country or not, that doesn't affect me in anyway. But is a lie that this changes would prevent them from entering to USA, gaining residence, work there, marry a local, and then one day decide that they want to kill all the infidels ...like Tsarnaev did.
you say a number like 100+ million is a lie? how do you know?

if it is an open amnesty, that means anybody can apply. right?

so, what's to stop 100+ million from applying?

and just how would you be able to substantiate who is eligible for the amnesty since fraud is so prevalent?

what happens if 200+ million apply for the amnesty?

would granting amnesty to 200+ million citizenship be in the interest of the usa?

and then again, we have the question of allegiance.

no. an open amnesty if out of the question. no way.
spud

United States

#94 Jul 27, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it would cost nothing to do background checks. They are being charged a hefty fee that would cover all of the expenses.
You sound like another amnesty lover, GWB, when he said the oil would pay for the Iraq war. How does it feel to have the same thought process as your hero?
Asian too

Chula Vista, CA

#95 Jul 27, 2013
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in Mexico, and still live in Mexico.
I wanted to know your ethnicity (e.g. Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino), in order to search if your visión of hate against us is somehow generalized among people of your ethnicity.
For what I have read, many people of those countries (in their countries) look at Mexican more or less with symphaty. I know that many Americans hate Mexicans, and I will not be surprised to know that an Asian-American hates Mexicans... still I wante to know.
No, Asians do not look at Mexicans with sympathy. Most of us look at the way your people act with disgust and disdain. There is no sympathy because there are no Asians that would ever behave as you people behave As for empathy, no there is none.
Sirius

San Juan Del Río, Mexico

#96 Jul 27, 2013
Asian too wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Asians do not look at Mexicans with sympathy. Most of us look at the way your people act with disgust and disdain. There is no sympathy because there are no Asians that would ever behave as you people behave As for empathy, no there is none.
But you are an "Asian-American" too, isn't it?

I know of Colombians, Salvatorians, Guatemalans and the like, that think that "Mexicans are disgusting and give them bad image as Latinos".

The truth @Asian_too, is that when I refer to "Asians" I am speaking of Asians in their own countries, and the attitude of their goverments.

I am not surprised that Asian1 and Asian2 (you), have these feelings against Mexicans... How and why would you even think in the propaganda that appears in the US mass Media about us?

No reason at all, isn't it?

Mexico continues to encrease trade and friendly diplomatic relations with a fair number of Asian nations.

@Asian-Americans probably will probably want to have little to naught deals with Mexico, and for me, that is fine right now.

You see... Mexico has trade with the USA more than Japan or Korea combined plus some others

(continue...)
Sirius

San Juan Del Río, Mexico

#97 Jul 27, 2013
(continue...)

... so really what Asian-Americans think of Mexicans, will be more or less on the average of what the US population think of Mexicans.

And although you sincerely hate us (I have no reason to doubt of your words) I know that there are OTHER Asian-Americans that feel very confortable living with Mexicans and other Latinos around in the USA.

(My neighbours next door, and many others near where I live, are Asians, and they seem to live well and confortable living in Mexico. Obviously this is something you will never see with your eyes.)

Sirius

San Juan Del Río, Mexico

#98 Jul 27, 2013
This is almost unimaginable in Mexico, these kind of vulgar bad death brawls, at least where I live, where there are many Asian immigrants,...

Sirius

San Juan Del Río, Mexico

#99 Jul 27, 2013
Asian inmigrants in Mexico:

Koreans

Japanese
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Chinese
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

... just to mention some of the most representative

----------

By the way @Asian_too, will you tell us your culture or country of origin?
White Bum Infestation

Covina, CA

#100 Jul 28, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Asians no: However I see many Hispanics begging on the corner or freeway off ramps. I also see loads of Mexicants selling flowers, oranges and food from stolen shopping carts. Mexicants are very primitive and third world. They tend to be habitual drunks. They're violent and EXTREMELY lacking intelligence and or basic common sense. They also never seem to maintain their homes or control their children in public. They children often act like wild animals. I also question why Mexicants as a whole seem to have no talent or exceptional abilities.
Is the Easter Bunny there begging with the Hispanics? Nope just white bums and black bums especially in Pasadena. What a dopey liar. I guess the truth hurts.

You also get a lot of Armenian fraudsters with the food stamp cards in So Cal -they are shameless master fraudsters.

I have seen Asian recycling scavengers everywhere however. I think it's funny. Wierd and very third worldish, but funny....

Respect is a two way street.

I'll take orange sellers and scavengers over white bums who have an entitlement mentality however.

Just sayin...
A Non White View

Covina, CA

#101 Jul 28, 2013
The black bums bother me less because black people face real discrimination. Whites on average don't know what real discrimination is although they often whine about reverse discrimination -which does happen but on a much smaller scale compared to what has been historically dished out.

Blacks, Hispanics and Asians know what real mass discrimination is. Whites only think they know.

The reality is hiring often comes down to tribalism. Minorities have to work twice as hard to get ahead in America in the corporate world. That's a fact.

And Shvt yeah , the Leave It To Beaver days were great -if you were white.

Since we're letting it all hang out.

BTW, I don't get all racial until people get racial with me. Otherwise I judge individuals, not their skin color.

Thank God most people don't see color in So Cal. Just out of towner trolls.
A Non White View

Covina, CA

#102 Jul 28, 2013
With regards to Jews like my troll fiend here, there's none left. And one has noticed or seems to care...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min carmino seranni 1,403,603
News Could NATO be the next alliance to unravel? 2 min Captain Yesterday 57
News Will Green Political Machine Foil Trump? 2 min Divorce Lawyer 14
News Democratic chief Wasserman Schultz quits amid S... 2 min Dee Dee Dee 30
News Florida congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz ... 2 min NoClinton 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Denny CranesPlace 232,876
News Florida woman wins $590.5m Powerball jackpot (May '13) 5 min Poor People are D... 64
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Reigns In Spain 391,134
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 210
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 170
More from around the web