Why it Matters: Issues at stake in election

Oct 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSFA-TV Montgomery

Abortion and birth control are divisive issues in politics, and they've flared up at times in this campaign despite the candidates' reluctance to dwell on them.

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Oct 6, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I think Benghazi matters more. I want to know why four good Americans are dead after the WH was warned and the victims themselves begged for more protection. I want to know why it's not discussed on the news. I want to know how Obama can fly to Vegas for a party with JZ and Beyonce while the bodys was still warm. There is an election coming up. I don't have time for aged old social issues right now. I want to know what kind of monster lives in the WH.
Terry Lee Robbins

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Obama is hiding from the media, trying to drag out the clock before the election. I agree that the Benghzi screw up deserves answers. Unfortunately, Obama, remember, is not responsible for anything. The only way the public will ever learn the real truth is long after Obama is removed from office, perhaps after he dies of old age. It appears that a long line of past and current American presidents have no interest in exposing the deceptions, errors and crimes of their predecessors. Doing so would set up a dangerous precident that could cause current presidents to stay within the law. They all cover each others asses, it's an American tradition.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Romney calls it a 'Job Crisis', when people are underemployed and the U6 numbers don't reflect that lives are being destroyed.
The MSM needs the 'smily face mask'.
America is Not the Same

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I want to know WHY impeachment has not taken place.

He committed TREASON 3 x

Gave guns to the rebels in Libya during the Arab Spring that turned out to be Terrorists.
F&F

Ousted the 2 men in the Middle East that kept peace with Israel for over 35 years. Put the Radical Muslim Brotherhood in office

Refused to protect Americans on 9/11 anniversary in Benghazi when our diplomats asked for added protection and security forces

All are reason for impeachment
America is Not the Same

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Want to know the real Obama and his plan for America

o.bamapost.com

www.2016themovie.com

Evil lives in the WH

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

America is Not the Same wrote:
I want to know WHY impeachment has not taken place.
He committed TREASON 3 x
Gave guns to the rebels in Libya during the Arab Spring that turned out to be Terrorists.
F&F
Ousted the 2 men in the Middle East that kept peace with Israel for over 35 years. Put the Radical Muslim Brotherhood in office
Refused to protect Americans on 9/11 anniversary in Benghazi when our diplomats asked for added protection and security forces
All are reason for impeachment
So complain to the GOP in control of the House, which controls impeachment proceedings.

Cracker

House Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Abortions and birth control isn't anything new for liberals .
Liberals all across the globe have been crying over the population growth in America during the twentieth century .
So of course these liberals want abortions and birth control forced on Americans .
Anything to de-populate America !

Obama SUCKS !!!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Cracker wrote:
Abortions and birth control isn't anything new for liberals .
Liberals all across the globe have been crying over the population growth in America during the twentieth century .
So of course these liberals want abortions and birth control forced on Americans .
Anything to de-populate America !
Obama SUCKS !!!
You're full of shit. No one is trying to force abortion and birth control on anyone.

And just by the way, not all pro-choicers are "liberals".

When you must lie about the opposition, you've already lost the argument.
Cracker

House Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

If president Obama is re-elected .
He may try to force the 1 child law on America, like China .
Cracker

House Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It wouldn't count towards illegal aliens though .
Because illegal aliens get to break all of our laws ... And get rewarded at the tax-payers expense .

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cracker wrote:
If president Obama is re-elected .
He may try to force the 1 child law on America, like China .
While a 1 child policy would certainly be a good thing (a zero child policy for a decade would be even better), that would likely violate the constitution.

But then again, according to Scalia if it's not in the text of the constitution, it's not a right. So I guess Scalia would uphold any 1 child policy as constitutional, but the rest of the SCOTUS would disagree with him.

So unfortunately America is headed toward the overpopulatin that is killing India, China, and much of the rest of the world.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 6, 2012
 
Cracker wrote:
If president Obama is re-elected .
He may try to force the 1 child law on America, like China .
That, would be some serious DEEMING. But, doable in a 'progressive' operation.
BIG BIRD

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

America is Not the Same wrote:
I want to know WHY impeachment has not taken place.
He committed TREASON 3 x
Gave guns to the rebels in Libya during the Arab Spring that turned out to be Terrorists.
F&F
Ousted the 2 men in the Middle East that kept peace with Israel for over 35 years. Put the Radical Muslim Brotherhood in office
Refused to protect Americans on 9/11 anniversary in Benghazi when our diplomats asked for added protection and security forces
All are reason for impeachment
You are out of your mind!
BIG BIRD

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
While a 1 child policy would certainly be a good thing (a zero child policy for a decade would be even better), that would likely violate the constitution.
But then again, according to Scalia if it's not in the text of the constitution, it's not a right. So I guess Scalia would uphold any 1 child policy as constitutional, but the rest of the SCOTUS would disagree with him.
So unfortunately America is headed toward the overpopulatin that is killing India, China, and much of the rest of the world.
I guess you don't read the International news very much. The one child policy in China has resulted in a huge number of older people and not enough young people to take care of them, nor fill the jobs that will move their economy forward. That's the payback
for a one-child law. Read ... dummy!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

United America stands and divided America falls. Republicans have divided America is why it has falling and will continue to fall.
"Republicans Number One Priority is to make Obama a one term President" Senator Mitch McConnell.
Republican choose politics over America.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 6, 2012
 
BIG BIRD wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't read the International news very much. The one child policy in China has resulted in a huge number of older people and not enough young people to take care of them, nor fill the jobs that will move their economy forward. That's the payback
for a one-child law. Read ... dummy!
Perfect Post. China will be in big trouble in the future filling jobs unless they bring in others from other countries to fill the jobs.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 6, 2012
 
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
While a 1 child policy would certainly be a good thing (a zero child policy for a decade would be even better), that would likely violate the constitution.
America will then just issue more visa and bring in more people from others countries to fill the jobs.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 6, 2012
 
BIG BIRD wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't read the International news very much. The one child policy in China has resulted in a huge number of older people and not enough young people to take care of them, nor fill the jobs that will move their economy forward. That's the payback
for a one-child law. Read ... dummy!
Haven't you heard? The GOPasaurs are going to raise the retirement age to 75 or 80, so there will be millions of people who will have to keep working for another 10-15 years.

Also, we already don't have enough jobs for the current workforce; why create MORE kids who will just be unemployed in adulthood? Especially since they'll be competing with those 70 y/os who can't retire yet.

And since the old geezers will have work until they drop dead, we don't have to worry about taking care of them, because they'll all have jobs & heathcare insurance through their employer.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 6, 2012
 

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 6, 2012
 
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
America will then just issue more visa and bring in more people from others countries to fill the jobs.
What jobs?

There are 23 million Americans currently unemployed, and when the GOPasaurs raise the retirement age to 75 or 80, there will be tens of million MORE workers needing jobs instead of sitting home collecting their social security welfare checks.

The LAST thing we need are more workers to compete for what few jobs are available.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••