However court rules, gay marriage deb...

However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 2348 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

Since: Sep 08

All rights For All!

#2272 May 7, 2013
This is for all the stupid people out there. Oh, you know who you are. Those who argue without a point, without conviction, or without a basic grasp of the language.

Here's to you...
http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/stupid-...

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2273 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>Well then you misunderstood...what they are doing,'CAN' produce a baby, whether it does or not....

Not so with two ss people...clear now???
Neither is it true for a man that's had a vasectomy and a woman with no ovaries. Just like a same-sex couple, huh??

Yet you, Get That Hypocrisy, just keeps right in dancing away from your own words. Why is that??

You have the memory of a goldfish, don't you?? Or else you think *we* do.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2274 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>eJohn, you've seen me around long enough to know that I don't call people names. As many times as I've called the Fool stupid and FOS, it's merely an observation. Sometimes, one just can't ignore the elephant in the room any longer.
Absolutely. The more he posts, the more amazed I am. He really has NO idea what he's talking about, does he? He just keeps twisting and turning and changing his posts to be the opposite of the last thing he said after we point out how stupid he is. Over and over and over and over..... He never seems to get tired of playing the fool, does he?

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2275 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying two ss people can procreate together???
Are you saying a man that's had a vasectomy having sex with a woman with no ovaries can???

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2276 May 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? A woman who doesn't have ovaries CAN'T have a baby, where would the egg come from!?
He can't seem to unpaint himself from the corner he's painted himself into with his ridiculous "straight people ALWAYS have the potential to have a baby" claim.

The bigots never think their arguments through very far. If they did, they might not be bigots anymore.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2277 May 7, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
This is for all the stupid people out there. Oh, you know who you are. Those who argue without a point, without conviction, or without a basic grasp of the language.

Here's to you...
http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/stupid-...
Exactly.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#2278 May 7, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't seem to unpaint himself from the corner he's painted himself into with his ridiculous "straight people ALWAYS have the potential to have a baby" claim.
The bigots never think their arguments through very far. If they did, they might not be bigots anymore.
Or, they would just admit they are bigots, against gay marriage simply because of their bigotry.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#2279 May 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, they would just admit they are bigots, against gay marriage simply because of their bigotry.
That would require being self-aware and at least a smidgeon of humility. Bigots, at least the internet troll varieties like GTF, seem to have a pathological desire to never admit their mistakes.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2280 May 8, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am saying that many opposite sex couples cannot procreate together.
As opposed to NONE of ss couples...still don't see your point...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2281 May 8, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying a man that's had a vasectomy having sex with a woman with no ovaries can???
That's quite the combo....What percentage of the population would that be???

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2282 May 8, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite the combo....What percentage of the population would that be???
Dance, Boy!! DANCE!! RUN AWAY from your own ignorant posts!! RUN!!!

The fact remains that you have no support whatsoever for your baseless fear of gays folks. You come up with excuse after excuse, but the bottom line never changes. You're just a bigot that isn't even bright enough to know it.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2283 May 8, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Dance, Boy!! DANCE!! RUN AWAY from your own ignorant posts!! RUN!!!
The fact remains that you have no support whatsoever for your baseless fear of gays folks. You come up with excuse after excuse, but the bottom line never changes. You're just a bigot that isn't even bright enough to know it.
I'm not 'dancing'...my point still holds...two ss people can 'NOT' procreate...you are the one dancing throwing in ridiculous scenarios to detract from the truth.....

Cleveland, OH

#2284 May 8, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not 'dancing'...my point still holds...two ss people can 'NOT' procreate...you are the one dancing throwing in ridiculous scenarios to detract from the truth.....
As has been pointed out over and over and over again -- procreation is not a requirement for legal marriage.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2285 May 8, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you refuse to explain to me why it's okay for straight people to have "unnatural sex" (by your own definition, sex where there's no chance of a pregnancy resulting) by it's not okay for same-sex couples to do exactly the same thing?

Dance around all you want, Twinkle Toes, but you're the one making the ridiculous statements that you refuse to support, not me.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2286 May 8, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
As has been pointed out over and over and over again -- procreation is not a requirement for legal marriage.
No, no! You're wrong about that! That's why the government forcibly divorces any married couple that hasn't produced children within 24 months of the marriage--it's proof that marriage is *totally* about children and nothing else.

Oh, wait....

;-)

Santa Monica, CA

#2287 May 8, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to NONE of ss couples...still don't see your point...
Take notes:
You don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.

Next.

Santa Monica, CA

#2288 May 8, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
What is your point?
Nobody is claiming same sex couples can procreate.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2289 May 8, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say it was...doesn't change the fact that two ss people can't procreate...

Cleveland, OH

#2290 May 8, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say it was...doesn't change the fact that two ss people can't procreate...
So?

Why bring it up at all when the topic is about marriage?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2291 May 8, 2013
For the record, on the order of 10% of straight couples (where the woman is of child-bearing age) cannot reproduce together without intervention--typically donors or surrogates. That's twice as many straight couples who can't reproduce as potential gay couples. And that doesn't take into account a larger group of straight couples who choose not to reproduce. Nor a still larger group of straight couples whose wife is not of child-bearing age.

The fact that gays can't reproduce without intervention is insignificant within the institution of marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House rebuts Washington Post report of Tr... 2 min Big Al 663
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John 1,534,395
News Donald Trump gets warm welcome in Saudi Arabia ... 3 min Hostis Publicus 118
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 240,811
News Russians increasingly indifferent to Trump, US ... 4 min Dee Dee Dee 6
News Deportations in N.J. increase 30 percent43 minu... 5 min Red Crosse 11
News Notre Dame graduates walk out on Pence as he to... 6 min inbred Genius 49
News James Comey fired as FBI director 10 min Team Screwfixit 2,363
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Impeach 269,730
More from around the web