However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

Mar 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsCenter 25

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Comments (Page 103)

Showing posts 2,041 - 2,060 of2,351
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the word "MALFUNCTION"? This information is also old, but this is also a very typical response from you!!!
What don't you get???...they didn't say that word...I made my own deduction from what they said....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the word "MALFUNCTION"? This information is also old, but this is also a very typical response from you!!!
I didn't realize December 2012 was too old for you...especially since you were quoting studies from 2008!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you get???...they didn't say that word...I made my own deduction from what they said....
Thank you for ADMITTING the fact that you believe being Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual is a "MALFUNCTION"!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for ADMITTING the fact that you believe being Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual is a "MALFUNCTION"!!!
Putting words in my mouth and calling them mine doesn't make them mine....

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize December 2012 was too old for you...especially since you were quoting studies from 2008!
The information is OLD as in it's already been discussed many times........look who can't figure shiet out!!!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we need to 'fix' someone who is straight? There was obviously no malfunction....
Left-handedness hasn't been proven to be caused by a 'malfunction' either...
I don't know what they will find out...but from what these researchers are saying...it seems to be a distinct possibility it could be a 'malfunction' of somekind in the womb....
Why would we need to "fix" someone who is gay?

It's no more a "malfuntion" than heterosexuality is.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
The information is OLD as in it's already been discussed many times........look who can't figure shiet out!!!!
Well, this study didn't make it seem old...it made it seem like new information...I don't know...just going by the article...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we need to "fix" someone who is gay?
It's no more a "malfuntion" than heterosexuality is.
Well, that's not what the study is saying...

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps this will help, though I doubt it...
From the article...----What’s interesting is that these epi-marks are produced from scratch. They can be passed down from generation to generation, but the process starts from zero every time. They’re actually made to protect the fetus from too much natural variation. When testosterone gets too high, the epi-marks kick in to prevent the baby girl from getting too masculinized, and the inverse is true for boys.
So as a side-effect of that, one of the triggers affecting sexual orientation may kick in as well.
Now to me....if this is in fact true...this may be controllable--perhaps you can reduce or eliminate the activity of the epi-marks. Just saying...
Again, there's nothing wrong with homosexuality, so there's nothing to "control", anymore than you would want to control heterosexuality.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, there's nothing wrong with homosexuality, so there's nothing to "control", anymore than you would want to control heterosexuality.
Actually, there isn't this 'side effect' when a person is heterosexual....so it begs the question...'IF it is determined that scientists can pinpoint exactly when a child will go from heterosexual to homosexual in the womb, would a parent choose to intercept that process??? It's an interesting question at least.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there isn't this 'side effect' when a person is heterosexual....so it begs the question...'IF it is determined that scientists can pinpoint exactly when a child will go from heterosexual to homosexual in the womb, would a parent choose to intercept that process??? It's an interesting question at least.
There isn't a "side effect" when a person is homosexual either; it's just their natural orientation.

Your problem is you presume all fetuses start out as heterosexual. If sexual orientation is determined at some point during development in the womb, then all fetuses start out as being asexual until whatever epimarkers or other factors kick in to determine sexual orientation.

If sexual orientation is genetic, it's predetermined at conception.
If sexual orientation develops later in the pregnancy, then it's still an innate trait at birth.

Either way, neither straight nor gay is anything which needs to be "fixed".

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't a "side effect" when a person is homosexual either; it's just their natural orientation.
Your problem is you presume all fetuses start out as heterosexual.
According to the study...we do...we all start out from ground zero...heterosexual...I didn't conduct the research or write up the findings...
If sexual orientation is determined at some point during development in the womb, then all fetuses start out as being asexual until whatever epimarkers or other factors kick in to determine sexual orientation.
Again...not what the study suggests...the researchers suggest its a side effect from overproducing hormones...if the hormones did not overproduce...the child would be heterosexual...therefore...eve ry child starts out as heterosexual...which makes perfect sense...
If sexual orientation is genetic, it's predetermined at conception.
It's not genetic...haven't you been reading....
If sexual orientation develops later in the pregnancy, then it's still an innate trait at birth.
Don't agree with that...if it happens during the pregnancy and we discover that...well it really is the beginning of something else...
Either way, neither straight nor gay is anything which needs to be "fixed".
If in fact this is a 'malfunction' or a 'side effect' of homone reproductions...wouldn't you agree this suggests corrective measures can be taken????....

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are trying to force unsubstantiated theory on us...prejudiced or not....
Nope. I'm not trying to force anything onto anyone. You're the one that's doing that.

You're trying to force your fears and prejudices onto other people by demanding that certain rights and protections be withheld from them. Anytime you try to force someone else into a disadvantaged place, you really DO need to come with some seriously compelling support for it, don't you think?

So far, you've produced nothing but unsupportable theories and prejudiced opinions. Those don't work.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm not trying to force anything onto anyone. You're the one that's doing that.
Oh yest you are....you are trying to force the biggest farce on marriage into society...

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the study...we do...we all start out from ground zero...heterosexual...I didn't conduct the research or write up the findings...
<quoted text>
Again...not what the study suggests...the researchers suggest its a side effect from overproducing hormones...if the hormones did not overproduce...the child would be heterosexual...therefore...eve ry child starts out as heterosexual...which makes perfect sense...
<quoted text>
It's not genetic...haven't you been reading....
<quoted text>
Don't agree with that...if it happens during the pregnancy and we discover that...well it really is the beginning of something else...
<quoted text>
If in fact this is a 'malfunction' or a 'side effect' of homone reproductions...wouldn't you agree this suggests corrective measures can be taken????....
Nope, since there's nothing wrong with gay people then there's nothing to "correct".

Btw, a "study" from an anti-gay group doesn't hold a lot of weight with anyone but other anti-gays.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yest you are....you are trying to force the biggest farce on marriage into society...
No one can force you to marry someone of the same sex. It's not our problem you decided to marry an "ex"-gay who turned out not to be so "ex".

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, since there's nothing wrong with gay people then there's nothing to "correct".
Btw, a "study" from an anti-gay group doesn't hold a lot of weight with anyone but other anti-gays.
Scientists from USC Santa Barbara and Sweden are anti-gay? Who knew????

I'm only stating a possible scenario...which could conceivably lead to some kind of solution for this type of thing from happening...just saying...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can force you to marry someone of the same sex..
Not what I said....but you knew that....

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

fr Get That Fool:

>Oh yest you are....you are trying to force the biggest farce on marriage into society...<

Nope. The biggest farce on marriage is divorce. Deal with the FACTS, for once.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yest you are....you are trying to force the biggest farce on marriage into society...
Nope. Not at all. You don't want gay marriage? Don't have one. But don't go forcing your sexual preference into anyone else. Sound familiar?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,041 - 2,060 of2,351
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••