However court rules, gay marriage deb...

However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 2348 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2091 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't mean they can't be cured. If you read the "NO GAY GENE" article, there is a possibility (I believe a strong one) that they will discover this is some kind of 'malfunction' that can be corrected...just saying...
There's wrong with being gay, therefore there's nothing to "cure".

Just saying....

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2092 Apr 30, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
From your article:
Researchers announced today that homosexuality isn't strictly genetic. But before the homophobes break out their party hats to celebrate this as proof of same-sex attraction being “unnatural,” note that the study in the Quarterly Review of Biology argues that homosexuality is passed from parent to child.
See, GENETICS, BIOLOGY AND HORMONES play a part in one's sexual orientation......IN OTHER WORDS......IT'S A COMBINATION OF SEVERAL FACTORS and you are trying to focus it on ONE gene!!!
You are SO talking over That Fool's head. He has NO concept of what genetics even are. His mental capacity is, "Gay BAD!! Straight GOOOOODD!!! UG."

He has no clue about science and clearly can't understand it if he continues to hammer the claim that there is no gay gene. Only by elimination can negatives be "proven" in science. Since we haven't mapped and don't understand every aspect of every gene, it's not possible to rule out there not being a gay gene.

Of course, anyone with even a basic understanding of biology and science understands that NOTHING is that simple when it comes to genes so the odds of there being *A* gay gene is extremely remote--about as likely as there being a straight gene.

But the stupid people just keeping hammering on their same stupid claims because they think it makes them sound smart and it likely gives them a little bitty stiffie. If only for a moment.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2093 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, according to the scientists that did the research...
<quoted text>
If environmental factors are included...how can it be 'innate'???
IN THE WOMB! Not outside environmental factors, idiot!!!

I've given you evidence that you didn't want to believe......that is on you......more from the article I posted earlier:
Less understood is the degree to which sexual orientation is determined by genes or environmental factors, such as hormones or immunological factors that may act on a fetus. What scientists call "the fraternal birth order effect", the fact that each successive boy born to the same mother has a greater chance of being gay, may be due to an increasing immunological response by a mother's body to each male fetus in her womb.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/dec/01/h...

You can read this Professor's work here:
http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/JMichael...

This article by the Council for Responsible Genetics is interesting as well:
http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/...

No matter what information I give you, you'll ignore it, but hopefully others might not.

#2094 Apr 30, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You are SO talking over That Fool's head. He has NO concept of what genetics even are. His mental capacity is, "Gay BAD!! Straight GOOOOODD!!! UG."
He has no clue about science and clearly can't understand it if he continues to hammer the claim that there is no gay gene. Only by elimination can negatives be "proven" in science. Since we haven't mapped and don't understand every aspect of every gene, it's not possible to rule out there not being a gay gene.
Of course, anyone with even a basic understanding of biology and science understands that NOTHING is that simple when it comes to genes so the odds of there being *A* gay gene is extremely remote--about as likely as there being a straight gene.
But the stupid people just keeping hammering on their same stupid claims because they think it makes them sound smart and it likely gives them a little bitty stiffie. If only for a moment.
I know you're right.......but every now and again, I feel the need to counter GTF's posts with evidence in the hope of someone who is not posting but reading can see that who they are is perfectly okay!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2095 Apr 30, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
There's wrong with being gay, therefore there's nothing to "cure".
Just saying....
Well if it's determined it's a 'malfunction' of some kind that happens in the womb...it would certainly suggest it can be fixed...right???

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2096 Apr 30, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize your fake marriage to an "ex"-gay man is already on shaky ground, but my marriage will be just fine no matter whom else gets married.
Maybe hubby will want another hubby in the marriage...doesn't that effect 'your' marriage???

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2097 Apr 30, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
IN THE WOMB! Not outside environmental factors, idiot!!!
Oh my...somebody is getting upset....

You do realize the womb 'is' an 'outside' environmental factor from the genes right??? I've said repeatedly if it is some malfunction that happens in the womb, there may be a way to correct it...That's not a 'definitive' statement by any means...
I've given you evidence that you didn't want to believe......that is on you......more from the article I posted earlier:
Less understood is the degree to which sexual orientation is determined by genes or environmental factors, such as hormones or immunological factors that may act on a fetus. What scientists call "the fraternal birth order effect", the fact that each successive boy born to the same mother has a greater chance of being gay, may be due to an increasing immunological response by a mother's body to each male fetus in her womb.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/dec/01/h...
You can read this Professor's work here:
http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/JMichael...
This article by the Council for Responsible Genetics is interesting as well:
http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/...
No matter what information I give you, you'll ignore it, but hopefully others might not.
Your propaganda information from 2008 has been debunked by this current study....don't you get that???

#2098 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if it's determined it's a 'malfunction' of some kind that happens in the womb...it would certainly suggest it can be fixed...right???
Yep the ole abortion is okay to rid the world of those nasty Gays and Lesbians, but I'm not in favor of abortion for other babies, right?

#2099 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my...somebody is getting upset....
You do realize the womb 'is' an 'outside' environmental factor from the genes right???
How do you propose to fix this supposed "MALFUNCTION" you claim it is? By abortion?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2100 Apr 30, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep the ole abortion is okay to rid the world of those nasty Gays and Lesbians, but I'm not in favor of abortion for other babies, right?
Who said anything about abortion???

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2101 Apr 30, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you propose to fix this supposed "MALFUNCTION" you claim it is? By abortion?
Your posts are backwards....did topix do that???

I'm not a scientist or a doctor....I wouldn't know how to go about fixing a malfunction in the womb...but it seems to me with the strides medical science is making all the time...they may come up with something....'if' they determine this indeed is the initial cause of homosexuality...again...I don't know....

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2102 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE! That's not true...there is no gay gene, therefore this is not an 'innate' characteristic...
There doesn't have to be a single gene linked to a characteristic in order for it to be innate. After all, scientists haven;t discover a gene that causes heterosexuality either.

We already know you're stupid, FOOL; you don't have to demonstrate it on a daily basis.
Get That Fool wrote:
it is 'caused' by something...a malfunction somewhere....pay attention to your own scientists...
Malfunction is your description, not that of scientists.
Get That Fool wrote:
A 'variance' is the taste one has in the opposite sex...some like tall, some like short, some like thin, some like fat...etc..'that' is a variance...
I didn't use the word "variance", you illiterate hag. I said "variant" and it's an appropriate use in context.
Get That Fool wrote:
This is closer to being proven as an 'abnormality'...a 'malfunction' possibly starting in the womb...
Pay attention to your own scientists sometime..
The only malfunction in evidence here is your brain which causes your erroneous belief you can actually comprehend scientific research.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2103 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not a "malfunction", just a normal variation of human sexuality. Would you "fix" someone who is straight or left-handed?

Again, nothing wrong so nothing to "fix".

Tawas City, Michigan

#2104 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe hubby will want another hubby in the marriage...doesn't that effect 'your' marriage???
Nope, won't affect my marriage at all because my husband & I are committed to only each other.

I realize YOU are obviously worried YOUR "ex"-gay husband may want to marry another man sometime, but he'll just divorce you and accept his natural sexual orientation.

#2105 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about abortion???
You stated that the "MALFUNCTION" could be fixed......how else can it be fixed, if you consider it a problem? Some on topix have mentioned that would be when abortion is okay, right?

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2106 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really rich, coming from you! You are desperately trying to stop polygamists participants from getting legal recognition of their relationships.[QUOTE who="Get That Fool"]
Really? ANd yet no one in the GLBT community has organized campaigns to pass laws prohibiting legal recognition of polygamy or to amend state consitutions to prohibit polygamy. That was done long ago BY STRAIGHT PEOPLE, you lying c*nt.

[QUOTE who="Get That Fool"]<You trot out all the old unsubstaniated arguments. And then you turn around and try and smear those working for the preservation of traditional marriage because we exposed your hypocracy
You can't expose what doesn't exist. Especially since "hypocracy" isn't a word.
Get That Fool wrote:
and your misrepresentation the word 'equality'...because you aren't "really" for marriage equality at all!
It was used to refer to marriage equality based on sexual orientation. Gays have no control over whether and your ilk try to redefine how they meant and used the word. Nor when exercising their consitutional right to petition governement to address their grievances must they address the marriage related grievances of anyone besides themselves. Polygmaists are just as free to exercise that same right.

#2107 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts are backwards....did topix do that???
I'm not a scientist or a doctor....I wouldn't know how to go about fixing a malfunction in the womb...but it seems to me with the strides medical science is making all the time...they may come up with something....'if' they determine this indeed is the initial cause of homosexuality...again...I don't know....
See, you mentioned it was a malfunction, not the doctors or scientist......and now you've gotten yourself in a hole.......funny how stupid rears it's ugly head.......lol!!!

There is NOTHING wrong with being Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual.....but idiots like yourself clearly show that stupid is seriously an issue!!!

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2108 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You all keep throwing up the 'straight' gene like we are the ones claiming it exists...just like the gay gene...it doesn't...we are born male/female not straight/gay....get it right...
You're the one who has it worng. Medical and science professionals disagree with your erroneous assertions regarding sexual orientation.
Get That Fool wrote:
<We are 'all' straight by nature...[/QUOTE
Then what's the causality factor for heterosexuality? Science hasn't discovered it yet. If you can't cite or demonstrate one, then you're just lying again.

[QUOTE who="Get That Fool"]<your 'abnormality' is the result of some something else...not your genes...
It's not considered an abnormality by medical professionals. Your bigotry is, though.
Get That Fool wrote:
<
No, id-jit. Do you 'choose' to walk on your feet??? You can however 'choose' to walk on your hands if you want to....walking on your feet is just normal anatomy...no 'gene' tells us to walk on our feet...
Actually, human locomotion is learned behavior, whether it's crawling, rolling, skipping, walking (on hands or feet), running or swimming.
Get That Fool wrote:
<It is 'your' scientists that confirmed this information, so you have a problem with them...not me...the explicitly determined....wait for it.....THERE IS NO GAY GENE!!!
But acientists have NOT said there's no genetic component. And a number of studies have demonstrated there is. Saying there is not a single gay "gene" is not the same as saying there are no gay related genes (plural) or no genetic component at all. Your assertions to the contrary are simply more of your willful lies.

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2109 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You all keep throwing up the 'straight' gene like we are the ones claiming it exists...just like the gay gene...it doesn't...we are born male/female not straight/gay....get it right...
<quoted text>
We are 'all' straight by nature...your 'abnormality' is the result of some something else...not your genes...
<quoted text>
No, id-jit. Do you 'choose' to walk on your feet??? You can however 'choose' to walk on your hands if you want to....walking on your feet is just normal anatomy...no 'gene' tells us to walk on our feet...
<quoted text>
It is 'your' scientists that confirmed this information, so you have a problem with them...not me...the explicitly determined....wait for it.....THERE IS NO GAY GENE!!!
Actually "there is no gay gene" was a title given to the article by the media source; the researchers aren't quoted as saying that nor is there a link to the actual study to determine exactly what the researchers did say (if anything) regarding a "gay gene".

But it's expecting too much of you to know, much less understand, the difference between actual research results and a media headline.

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2110 Apr 30, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You 'do' realize there are many 'id-iots' on your side still proclaiming the gay gene thing...right???
So you feeled compelled to play the idiot role for your side?
Get That Fool wrote:
<Also, the statement that 'genetics plays a role' is not a proven statement...sorry...you still lose...
Actually others studies have already demonstrated there is a genetic component. Your review of available research is pathetically selective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 min woodtick57 3,084
News Obama's own administration now fighting back 4 min OK Barry 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Henry 1,394,578
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 6 min gin 871
News Oklahoma Lawmaker Shares Article Arguing Islam ... 6 min Anymay 102
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min cpeter1313 311,322
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 12 min kuda 77
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min katrina 88 387,831
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 3 hr Bump 233
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 3 hr Mite Be 387