Online sales tax bill seen stalling in Republican-led House

May 6, 2013 Full story: Reuters 59

The Senate was expected to vote on Monday to give states the power to enforce their sales tax laws on online purchases, but the legislation was likely to stall in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.

Full Story
Blome Lib

Chicago, IL

#21 May 7, 2013
JohnInLa wrote:
WTF is wrong with these asinine senate RINOs voting for a mountain of insane democRat-Sht? I would not be a bit surprised if a little back-scratching went on during the gun-ban-vote. After all no one loves a tax more than a filthy democRat and they'll deal votes to get it...despicable.
Well stated John. These D.C. maggots all deserve a nice hot TAR bath with feathers.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#22 May 7, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
When there has never been a tax on items purchased on the internet, and the Democrats persue a sales tax that is a tax increase. Republicans will not vote for a tax increase just months before they will campaign for reelection in 2014,
Funny it was a republicans idea.....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#23 May 7, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny it was a republicans idea.....
Media Matters is at it again. Low Info Voters are quite numerous these days.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#24 May 7, 2013
The Senate voted 69 to 27 Monday to pass a bill that empowers states to collect sales taxes from Internet purchases. Under the bill, states could require out-of-state retailers to collect sales taxes when they sell products over the Internet, in catalogs, and through radio and TV ads. The sales taxes would be sent to the states where a shopper lives.

Current law says states can only require retailers to collect sales taxes if the merchant has a physical presence in the state.

This bill is about fairness," said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., the bill's main sponsor in the Senate. "It's about leveling the playing field between the brick and mortar and online companies and it's about collecting a tax that's already due. It's not about raising taxes."

Poor teabaggers.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#25 May 7, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
<quoted text>Media Matters is at it again. Low Info Voters are quite numerous these days.
So much for the NO information teabaggers.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#26 May 7, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
The Senate voted 69 to 27 Monday to pass a bill that empowers states to collect sales taxes from Internet purchases. Under the bill, states could require out-of-state retailers to collect sales taxes when they sell products over the Internet, in catalogs, and through radio and TV ads. The sales taxes would be sent to the states where a shopper lives.
Current law says states can only require retailers to collect sales taxes if the merchant has a physical presence in the state.
This bill is about fairness," said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., the bill's main sponsor in the Senate. "It's about leveling the playing field between the brick and mortar and online companies and it's about collecting a tax that's already due. It's not about raising taxes."
Poor teabaggers.
We pay more and more taxes all the time, so Obama can spend it on his vacations!
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#27 May 8, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>We pay more and more taxes all the time, so Obama can spend it on his vacations!
Bet you haven't "seen the light" your whole life.

"The Senate was expected to vote on Monday to give STATES the power to enforce their sales tax laws".

That was in the FIRST sentence.

"This bill is about fairness," said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., the bill's main sponsor in the Senate".

That must burn your Dumbshit teabagger ass.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#28 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Bet you haven't "seen the light" your whole life.
"The Senate was expected to vote on Monday to give STATES the power to enforce their sales tax laws".
That was in the FIRST sentence.
"This bill is about fairness," said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., the bill's main sponsor in the Senate".
That must burn your Dumbshit teabagger ass.
Fairness about not paying azzhole. Is this your'e only way to talk? No friends?
Big Bowl of Crazy

Los Angeles, CA

#29 May 8, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
<quoted text>Media Matters is at it again. Low Info Voters are quite numerous these days.
Yes and they all drool to Fox News!!!
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#30 May 8, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Fairness about not paying azzhole. Is this your'e only way to talk? No friends?
Teabagger comprehension fails again.

This bill is about fairness," said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., the bill's main sponsor in the Senate. "It's about leveling the playing field between the brick and mortar and online companies and it's about COLLECTING a tax that's already due. It's not about raising taxes."

Poor teabagger.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#31 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Teabagger comprehension fails again.
This bill is about fairness," said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., the bill's main sponsor in the Senate. "It's about leveling the playing field between the brick and mortar and online companies and it's about COLLECTING a tax that's already due. It's not about raising taxes."
Poor teabagger.
Any thing and everything you say are lies...won't even read.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#32 May 8, 2013
It is a bad idea no matter whose idea it is. It will not pass. There is bipartisan agreement to fail it. Again if it is already a lawwhy do we need the vote? It is a new tax, and no one wants it.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#33 May 9, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Any thing and everything you say are lies...won't even read.
Teabagger reading comprehension courses rip you off again?

Have the kids on the "short" bus explain it to you.

Poor teabagger.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#34 May 9, 2013
Fact is if passed , this Law will forces many small business to quit selling on line.
If you want to help big business and screw over small businesses this is the bill for you.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#35 May 9, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
Hey there eightman, I mean ninthman, um bandmaster, whats your new name going to be when you get bounced again? FYI I got my info from Mike Enzi (R) web site, so yea I guess you can consider repubs low info voters.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#36 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Teabagger reading comprehension courses rip you off again?
Have the kids on the "short" bus explain it to you.
Poor teabagger.
Explain what?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#37 May 10, 2013
Im not against internet business paying sales tax I will add. I just believe they and their customers should pay the local sales tax of where ever the Business is located, not where the customer is.. Its going to very difficult for small businesses to kep track of the thousands of different sales tax rate in the Nation.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#38 May 10, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Explain what?
Duh!

Your Dumbass.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#39 May 10, 2013
californio wrote:
Im not against internet business paying sales tax I will add. I just believe they and their customers should pay the local sales tax of where ever the Business is located, not where the customer is.. Its going to very difficult for small businesses to kep track of the thousands of different sales tax rate in the Nation.
As it should be, having to track all that would be a nightmare.

What's next? Country's?

If there should be one at all.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#40 May 10, 2013
Stop higher taxes, intrusive government regulation and wasteful government spending.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min red and right 292,580
Clinton Denounces Torture, Says Black Lives Matter 4 min okimar 3
Warren promises she's not running in 2016 5 min see the light 6
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 6 min serfs up 26
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 8 min SobieskiSavedEurope 20
Graham thinking about presidential bid 8 min Foster 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Edmond Pulpo 181,690
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min RealDave 1,152,952
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min Cheech the Conser... 131,744
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 1 hr Oliver Cromwell 9
Gay veterans get OK for Boston's St. Patrick's ... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 23