People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Comments
1,181 - 1,200 of 4,995 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2013

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1229 Jan 25, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if the change is another pro gun justice. But if what you say comes to pass, me and my neighbor just created the Two Man Boca Raton well-regulated militia.
Well DUH!

Obviously you missed the part about us re-electing Obama and that we will work just as hard to elect Hillary as president in 2016 & reelect her in 2020.

Sorry, it will only apply to state approved militia members only while called up to service by the state.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1230 Jan 25, 2013
Pappa wrote:
<quoted text>
'A fertilized egg does not make a baby'? Really, then from where do you think babies come? The Stork?
Maybe you fell out of some birds flying azz, but a fertilized egg untill after the first trimester is not considereed a baby - it's fetal tissue - nothing more.

Never heard of "Roe vs. Wade" numbnuts?

Too many stupid people on these threads.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1231 Jan 25, 2013
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
We knew you were gay.
And we know you're a scumbag. So what?

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#1232 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No babies have been killed that I'm aware of.
Hunks of fetal tissue scraped out? Yes.
Babies killed? No.
"No babies have been killed that I'm aware of."

Except by maniacs with Bushmasters and 10+ round clips.
This whole thing is just as sick as anyone who gets off on owning this sh!t. The bottom line is I don't want anyone who won't agree to having a background & mental health check, fingerprinting, whatever, to be able to buy a gun or have one on them when I am in the same place they are. I also want strict/severe accountability for anyone selling guns. I believe they both fall under the protection of everyone else's inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
I have no problem with reasonable people owning reasonable weapons and ammo.

“obamabot livs”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1233 Jan 25, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never knew you'd have a garage attached to your trailer. How quaint.
What you don't know would fill the Superdome.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#1234 Jan 25, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya think?!? That is exactly why we need to make them illegal, genius.
It's not necessary to call me a genius, I know I'm smart.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#1235 Jan 25, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
I come from a military household - my father retirede at 20 years.
High caliber - my mistake - would refer to;
7.62 mm;
And so forth.
Dad must be so ashamed of you. A bleeding heart liberal Nancy girl. Who lives in a trailer with his sister/wife.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1237 Jan 25, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dad must be so ashamed of you. A bleeding heart liberal Nancy girl. Who lives in a trailer with his sister/wife.
He sure is! I live in one of the most affluent areas on Long Island, make plenty of money, and don't spew idiotic rhetoric, as you've obviously been taught - and very well I may add.

Why hide your location numbnuts?
The Chicago thug

United States

#1238 Jan 25, 2013
Obammma is just a thug,

– A federal court's ruling Friday that President Obama violated the Constitution with recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board opened the door to claims that a host of rulings and other past appointments may be in question, as the White House blasted the decision as unfounded

He wants what hitler wanted,

All the citizens unarmed..

It's because of his total disrespect of the US Constitution
His tyrannical illegal decrees as if he were king
That every PATRIOT be armed

James Madison was wiser than obamma because he predicted there was gonna be. Time of judicial plundering , ie legal thieving!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1239 Jan 25, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
"No babies have been killed that I'm aware of."
Except by maniacs with Bushmasters and 10+ round clips.
This whole thing is just as sick as anyone who gets off on owning this sh!t. The bottom line is I don't want anyone who won't agree to having a background & mental health check, fingerprinting, whatever, to be able to buy a gun or have one on them when I am in the same place they are. I also want strict/severe accountability for anyone selling guns. I believe they both fall under the protection of everyone else's inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
I have no problem with reasonable people owning reasonable weapons and ammo.
As a reasonable person who owns reasonable weapons and ammo, I agree with you 100%.
Drink the hivE

New York, NY

#1240 Jan 25, 2013
Heh - I Didn't Realize This Article Was From 2O Year' Ago...

http://www.dreamstime.com/sexy-woman-10-thumb...

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1241 Jan 25, 2013
The Chicago thug wrote:
Obammma is just a thug,
– A federal court's ruling Friday that President Obama violated the Constitution with recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board opened the door to claims that a host of rulings and other past appointments may be in question, as the White House blasted the decision as unfounded
He wants what hitler wanted,
All the citizens unarmed..
It's because of his total disrespect of the US Constitution
His tyrannical illegal decrees as if he were king
That every PATRIOT be armed
James Madison was wiser than obamma because he predicted there was gonna be. Time of judicial plundering , ie legal thieving!
OK, time to step in here - why do none - not a single one of you crazy republicans - give the COMPLETE explanation as to who these three judges are (all republican) and "WHY" this decision was overturned?

Why? Truth hard for you guys? Let me help you lemmings out;

"“The text of the Constitution and precedent and practice thereunder support the conclusion that the convening of periodic pro forma sessions in which no business is to be conducted does not have the legal effect of interrupting an intrasession recess otherwise long enough to qualify as a ‘Recess of the Senate’ under the Recess Appointments Clause,” she wrote.

She noted that many members of the Senate have referred to it as being in recess despite the brief sessions, which Republicans have insisted on as a way of blocking just the kind of recess appointments Obama made.

A number of prominent conservatives, including at least eight Republican senators, had called on the Justice Department to make public any legal opinion supporting Obama’s move. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who circulated the letter, called the Justice Department opinion “unconvincing.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/713...

Bottom line is Congress, specifically the House, were only working 3 days per week - specifically to block anyone Obama put up for consideration.

This will be overturned - I'll bet you any amount oif money on that one.

Since: Feb 09

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#1242 Jan 25, 2013
What is an assault weapon? I have a brace of muzzle loading pistols and a long gun from 1886, A M1 from 1944,A 30-06 Sniper rifle from Vietnam, 3 new Glocks with big magazines. I am looking for a black gun and the gun show this weekend.
How long does it take before the black gun is a antique and exceptable?
The Chicago thug

United States

#1243 Jan 25, 2013
I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns: It was called Schindler’s List
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#1244 Jan 25, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
And we know you're a scumbag. So what?
Hey gayboy, you used the wrong screen name.
smelly ball sack.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1246 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
As a reasonable person who owns reasonable weapons and ammo, I agree with you 100%.
Reasonable weapons ?

Would that be price or a weapon that does not disagree when you talk to it ?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1247 Jan 25, 2013
The Chicago thug wrote:
I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns: It was called Schindler’s List
Extremely well said.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1248 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say "small" arms in the 2nd amendment?
Semi-automatic assault weapons were not in common use at the time.
I am 100% certain the founding fathers would have considered a rifle capable of firing 100's of bullets a minute to be "dangerous and unusual".
You're way off base, the people are entitled to have the same arms as the military for purposes of ammo and magazine commonality for the common defense.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1249 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reasoning is like a head full of doo doo, therefore your reasoning is unreasonable.
question Obama

Rochester, MN

#1250 Jan 25, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Reasonable weapons ?
Would that be price or a weapon that does not disagree when you talk to it ?
Blood on the hands of the Anti-Gun LEFT
http://www.thedailyherald.com/opinion/letters...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How should Hillary Clinton deploy Bill in 2016? 3 min Tuco Blondie 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Hey Stupid 1,099,874
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 5 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 1,569
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Brian_G 46,293
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min scirocco 151,116
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min dragoon70056 115,148
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 9 min White Knight 1,818
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 10 min neveratfault 1,326
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 56 min Coffee Party 255,917
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••