People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 20 comments on the Jan 17, 2013, Reuters story titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#81 Jan 17, 2013
au contraire wrote:
Obama hides his children under 24/7 gun protection, but wants to deny us the same for our children.
I wonder if the two scholarship students he had removed from the private school are safe today.
equote

Llano, TX

#82 Jan 17, 2013
Get Educated wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, I see a wetbaque crossing your back yard right now.
I live in West Texas, we shoot trespassers ...

you need to live up to your handle...
Yeah

Santa Fe, NM

#83 Jan 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns do not kill people - people kill people and if it is not done with a gun it will be done with a bomb. Look how many died when they blew up that Federal Building in OK. That was accomplished by using fertilizer - going to band fertilizer? Obama say's it the guns fault and I believe it is the nut holding the guns fault. I believe there should be a background check on all gun owners, however I do not want the world to know I have a gun - the THUGS would look for gun owners to rob. Happened in NY.
a determined ambitious right wing terrorist or a crazed suicide bomber with a network can pull that off.

Generally our zombie killers just go mom's closet and must have semi-automatics to do a lot of damage. That's the difference.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#84 Jan 17, 2013
China and Russia want the Washington,DC elite to authorize a house to house search and collection.
still

Santa Fe, NM

#85 Jan 17, 2013
RayOne wrote:
China and Russia want the Washington,DC elite to authorize a house to house search and collection.
makin it up

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#86 Jan 17, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy manipulation of the firing pin mechanism will improve it to FULL automatic .
What you know about firearms wouldn't fit on the head of a pin.
Troll

Lady Lake, FL

#87 Jan 17, 2013
equote wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in West Texas, we shoot trespassers ...
you need to live up to your handle...
Oh, I see another one.....
Who Tee Who

Rio, WI

#88 Jan 17, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
there they go again, telling us what we don't need....before you know it, they'll be telling us what kind of car to drive, lightbulb to buy, toilets to install.
They have done all those that you have mentioned. Good post!
Uuuh

Santa Fe, NM

#89 Jan 17, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>What you know about firearms wouldn't fit on the head of a pin.
and it's important to you that we share your fetish?

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#91 Jan 17, 2013
Uuuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Duuh,we sure as he11 don't want to share YOURS.
drink The hive

Anonymous Proxy

#90 Jan 17, 2013
Why The Bank Teller Was Acting So Strange?...

https://media.economist.com/images/na/2010w02...
JustUwait

Rochester, MN

#92 Jan 17, 2013
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if the two scholarship students he had removed from the private school are safe today.
the fact is that the Secular Progressive Agenda Responsible for Virginia Tech Tragedy, and all others.the Secular Progressive Agenda is thrashing the young people of our country.
Turning them into Moral less value less honor less God less induviduals.

Thats is the absolute facts here people
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#93 Jan 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
a determined ambitious right wing terrorist or a crazed suicide bomber with a network can pull that off.
Generally our zombie killers just go mom's closet and must have semi-automatics to do a lot of damage. That's the difference.
Yet most of the gun related deaths in this nation are in urban areas with strong gun control that consistently vote Democrat each year such as Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Stockton, St Louis, Baltimore, Cleveland ,Buffalo, Washington,DC, NYC , Oakland, Los Angeles and the lists goes on.
Nope

Santa Fe, NM

#94 Jan 17, 2013
JustUwait wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact is that the Secular Progressive Agenda Responsible for Virginia Tech Tragedy, and all others.the Secular Progressive Agenda is thrashing the young people of our country.
Turning them into Moral less value less honor less God less induviduals.
Thats is the absolute facts here people
simple bullshit from someone trying to blame the wrong people.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#95 Jan 17, 2013
dont wrote:
<quoted text>
you get tired of reading the racist stuff said about the president?
It has to be condemned when it occurs - which is about 1/3 of time on Topix.
Prove the racist stuff.

I have not seen RACIST STUFF - I do see where the people (including me) are not in agreement with his policies or his work HABITS, his lies, his cover ups, and the fact that he uses kids to try to get his points across to the public, his childish and nasty attitude, and his threats of not paying the seniors their SS, flying to different states to try to get the people to agree with him (toy factory and auto), going on vacation when we are about to go over the cliff and accepting NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY OF HIS ACITONS.

That is NOT RACIST - our posts are on his ACTIONS - we would be saying the same thing if he was white, green, purple, or yellow.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#96 Jan 17, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet most of the gun related deaths in this nation are in urban areas with strong gun control that consistently vote Democrat each year such as Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Stockton, St Louis, Baltimore, Cleveland ,Buffalo, Washington,DC, NYC , Oakland, Los Angeles and the lists goes on.
I agree. Guns are not allowed in Chicago and they have one of the highest gun deaths in Illinois. The guns that are killing are in the hands of the THUGS which have been stolen from the honest gun owner.

Guns do not kill people - people kill people.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#97 Jan 17, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So who's stopping you from lobbying to get seat belts on all school buses?
What a whiny beyatch you are!
POTTY MOUTH
I did try and I was told it was TOO EXPENSIVE AND NOT COST EFFECTIVE.

Think of someone other than yourself and see if you can do any better.
Big Al

Dover, DE

#98 Jan 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Guns are not allowed in Chicago and they have one of the highest gun deaths in Illinois. The guns that are killing are in the hands of the THUGS which have been stolen from the honest gun owner.
Guns do not kill people - people kill people.
Yes indeed, thank you for your wisdom
Troll

Lady Lake, FL

#99 Jan 17, 2013
Uuuh wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll share my fetish with you, now bend over!
he was

Santa Fe, NM

#100 Jan 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>

I have not seen RACIST STUFF -
be honest.

Wait we've been down this road before with you. Never mind

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Ari son of Anarchy 179,313
Will the union get your job back if your fired ... 7 min Rad ragner 1
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 13 min Rosa_Winkel 59,308
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min emrenil 160,988
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min Sharrp Shooter 324,646
News Obama's top 10 jokes 43 min Reverend Alan 3
News Obama amnesty greater threat to blacks than pol... 50 min lol 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Laettner 1,220,527
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 1 hr My GOD Hates Bigots 206
More from around the web