People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: Reuters 4,995

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Full Story
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#499 Jan 20, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW that has never been in any medical books I have read and really hard to believe. A fetus has a heartbeat after 22 days and most women do not know they are expecting until their first period is missed - which leaves MURDER when an abortion is performed.
You are an old man and I am a woman teling this to you as a fact. Just because it isnt written in any book I can also tell you that idiocy does not exclude doctors. From the moment an egg is fertilised physiological changes starts occuring within a woman's body and since each person is different these hormonal changes manifests themselves in various ways. Some women go through an entire pregnancy and not know they're expecting whilst others will experience some type of sensation from the outset.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#500 Jan 20, 2013
Called Out wrote:
<quoted text>
That can't be. Mexican citizens cannot own guns. Who is doing all of the shooting?
Same for Chicago and they had the most killings in the state of Illinois over 500 in one year.
stormy

Shinnston, WV

#501 Jan 20, 2013
I wish JFK and RR had better protection....
Don't you dems.?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#502 Jan 20, 2013
Brown Girl in the Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an old man and I am a woman teling this to you as a fact. Just because it isnt written in any book I can also tell you that idiocy does not exclude doctors. From the moment an egg is fertilised physiological changes starts occuring within a woman's body and since each person is different these hormonal changes manifests themselves in various ways. Some women go through an entire pregnancy and not know they're expecting whilst others will experience some type of sensation from the outset.
So you are saying a woman carrying a fertilized egg is not a baby?
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#503 Jan 20, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
yes i am.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#504 Jan 20, 2013
If total government control makes us safer, why are prisons so dangerous?

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#505 Jan 20, 2013
Skuttlebutt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is already regulations, laws and restrictions on the books so there is no need for more when the government doesn't enforce the ones they already have.
Very true
However the gun lobby have knee capped enforcement of those laws.
And thier allies in Gov't have also dragged their feet or refused to reimpose items like bans on military arms and munitions. All this happens often enough to make my question valid, your answer is that your in favor of a full enforcement of existing laws, which i must assume ,you consider Constitutional. I agree 100%. Would be willing to extend enforcement further, where exactaly is the point of most restrictive constitutional law.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#506 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>
yes i am.
Please explain.
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#507 Jan 20, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain.
Im not being rude but im certain whatever explanation i give will not be enough to convince you. However im hoping you will have learnt something abt women's bodies today despite what you may have read in your medical books.
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#508 Jan 20, 2013
Ive just seen there's been another shooting over there. What the hell is going?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#509 Jan 20, 2013
Malcom wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the sentence---- THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE ----- is so confusing or that anyone does not understand?
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
You conveniently left out the whole "well regulated militia" part......

Tawas City, Michigan

#510 Jan 20, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Can you imagine if Obama could have a third term? OMG, we would be destroyed for sure. This way we can overcome his messes with proper leadership. He is so full of himself, and he cannot tell the truth.
Not necessary since Hillary is ready to take over in 2016.....
Called Out

Dallas, GA

#511 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Im not being rude but im certain whatever explanation i give will not be enough to convince you. However im hoping you will have learnt something abt women's bodies today despite what you may have read in your medical books.
Either you are pregnant, or you are not.

Tawas City, Michigan

#512 Jan 20, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was asked if all drugs should be legal, I said no. Some guns should be illegal for private use.
On that we agree on both accounts.

Now all we have to do is find agreement on just which guns should be illegal for private use.
Nope

Santa Fe, NM

#513 Jan 20, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>

she'd be an adult or at least a teen
Uuuh

Santa Fe, NM

#514 Jan 20, 2013
Patriot wrote:
If total government control makes us safer, why are prisons so dangerous?
very bad people are in there. Where is there total government control? Or even a hint of it? Are you stoned?

Beyond that what does your statement have to do with anything?
halley

Reno, NV

#515 Jan 20, 2013
No one really owns them but white racst and anti-government milita groups and drug cartels. Law abiding gun owners do not have them in their homes for protections and hunting.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#516 Jan 20, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessary since Hillary is ready to take over in 2016.....
LOL
Hillary?
Another lying liar that lies.
At least she can dodge sniper fire.
Another

Santa Fe, NM

#517 Jan 20, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>

irrational hater.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#518 Jan 20, 2013
Another wrote:
<quoted text>
irrational hater.
Typical liberal defending the indefensible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min fetch almighty 1,124,298
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Junket 306,194
Ebola monitoring inconsistent as virus spread 8 min Elise Gingerich 1
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Coffee Party 269,244
Obama approves reservists for Ebola fight, gove... 10 min TeaBagging for Am... 186
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Chimney1 120,521
Ebola fears spark backlash against Latino immig... 15 min TeaBagging for Am... 90
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 44 min Smack Down 443
Ebola commentary desperately needs clarification 1 hr Smack Down 27

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE