People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: Reuters 4,995

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Full Story
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2951 Feb 18, 2013
Victim data were analyzed by relationship to their perpetrators. Nearly 39 percent (38.7%) of victims were maltreated by their mother acting alone (figure 3–6). Nearly 18 percent (17.9%) of victims were maltreated by their father acting alone. Nearly 17 percent (16.8%) were maltreated by both parents.

The same report found that 27.1% of child homicides nationwide were committed by a mother acting alone while 16.3% were committed by a father acting alone.

The figures for all child maltreatment over the years are these:

2006: Mother acting alone – 39.9%; Father acting alone – 17.6%
2005: MAA – 40.4%; FAA – 18.3%
2004: MAA – 38.8%; FAA – 18.3%
2003: MAA – 40.8%; FAA – 18.8%
2002: MAA – 40.3%; FAA – 19.1%
2001: MAA – 40.5%; FAA – 19.3%
2000; MAA – 40.0%; FAA – 16.6%

In other words, for none of those years was child abuse by a mother less than twice that of a father.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2952 Feb 18, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan didn't even of 2 years of economic growth.
The "selective" teabagger revisionist history is alive and well.
And working as well as senile Ronnie.
Poor teabagger.
Sorry pookie, history says you have resorted to a lie again.

Location hidden

#2954 Feb 18, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>A 1999 U.S. Department of Justice study concluded that between 1976 and 1997 in the United States, mothers were responsible for a higher share of children killed during infancy.
Mothers are also guilty of 100% of infant deaths due to abortion..........since it's their choice.

Location hidden

#2955 Feb 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly ignorant. Let's start with the post:
Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Consumed with racial hatred.
Sought revenge for a lost war.
Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Seek revenge for losing the Cold War.
Tell us what is inaccurate in the above comparison.
... and your responses:
"1. Comparing one man from decades ago in a foreign country to a modern-day American political party."
Every person who every studied philosophy writen in a foreign country during a different era disagrees with you. The very reason philosophy is important is because it is comprised of universal truths about humans.
You are an idiot to not realise this obviously obvious fact.
"2. Modern-day Dems are not "social radicals."
Really.... please explain the Marxist principles being forced onto the population by the Democrats. Please explain why we pay people to not do the work the illegal aliens here are doing. Please explain the dramatic change in family values here since the so-called "progressives" that control the Democrats took control of the Democratic Party. What is the illegitimacy rate among the black population today? What was it 40 years ago? And, what the f**k do you use for information to draw your conclusions?
"3. Modern-day Dems are not "consumed with racial hatred." The opposite of that, in fact."
And that explains the so-called "new" black panthers, the NAACP, the demise of the SCLC, Jeremiah Wright, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, etc., etc., etc.
"4. Dems are not looking for "revenge" in regard to the Cold War."
So, putting all that effort into sabotage of the United States during the Cold War: sabotaging the South Vietnamese and condemning them to the statistically worst mass murder in the history of civilization and a life of poverty and deprivation while everyone else in the world achieved a middle-class living standard, and getting stomped by Ronald Reagan who crushed the Democrats' attempt to sabotage the United States in Central American front of the Cold War, an attempt to repeat the Democrats' sabotage of Vietnam, and then losing the Cold War was just another day for the Democratic Party?
Do you really think you're talking to a room full of idiots?
"5. We didn't "lose" the Cold War, anyway."
The history I recall was the communists lost the Cold War. I also recall the Democrats joining the communists and sabotaging the United States during the Cold War. In fact, the Cold War began with the most prominent Democrat in the country aside from the sitting president being convicted while spying for the Soviet Union. Then we have John Kerry lying his ass off every chance he gets in front of congress in support of the communists during the Cold War.
You really think you're talking to a room full of ignorant idiots, right?
The Democrats joined the communists during the Cold War.
Reagan beat you and won the Cold War.
And you don't feel anything from that....
How about you post here something about how great Reagan's victory in the Cold War was.
... can't do that, can you? That's because you can't quite accept that your side lost the Cold War. You are the same as those southerners that can't accept the fact that the South lost the Civil War.
Here's the comparison again:
Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.
You do know that you may increase the rate of suicides among liberals by using facts and logic on them? If it’s was not issued to them with their daily mantra, it didn’t happen according to their indoctrination.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#2956 Feb 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
Roe V Wade made it their choice. Not a tulsa personhoodie.
just another guy

Saint Louis, MO

#2957 Feb 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Mothers are also guilty of 100% of infant deaths due to abortion..........since it's their choice.
Feminists and the Dems are certainly accomplices.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2958 Feb 18, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Roe V Wade made it their choice. Not a tulsa personhoodie.
Not really. Women were doing it for years at home. Even when and where illegal they still do it. Laws only provide punishment for a man made law, they do nothing for stopping the action. Murder is illegal yet committed daily. Speeding is illegal but show just one driver who has never broken that law. Punishment only applies to those caught, brought to trial, and found guilty, all others really don't count now do they. Roe vs Wade does not make the choice, it just says there is no law against it.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#2959 Feb 18, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Feminists and the Dems are certainly accomplices.
When it comes to (Quote newster:right wing social engineering), yeah, they smacked you down. Run another legitimate rape and transvaginal probe condidate.

hahahahahahahahaha
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2960 Feb 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Mothers are also guilty of 100% of infant deaths due to abortion..........since it's their choice.
I agree completely.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#2961 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
When it comes to (Quote newster:right wing social engineering), yeah, they smacked you down. Run another legitimate rape and transvaginal probe condidate.
hahahahahahahahaha
How about running a candidate from an insane asylum, idiot.... and getting the elected.
How the hell did that happen?
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#2962 Feb 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Was he your bunkmate, flake?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#2963 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
No, Jesse Jackson, Jr., is not my bunkmate.

Next question?

Location hidden

#2964 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, you know what liberals say. America, home of the freebe, and land of the slave.
guts and glory

Antioch, TN

#2965 Feb 18, 2013
debating

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2966 Feb 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, come on, did you get that off of Letterman or SNL.
No, I'm educated and pay attention to the real world. I'm not a rightie who gets his news from Hannity, Limbaugh, and Drudge, either.

;)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2967 Feb 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly ignorant. Let's start with the post:
Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Tell us what is inaccurate in the above comparison.
... and your responses:
"1. Comparing one man from decades ago in a foreign country to a modern-day American political party."
Every person who every studied philosophy writen in a foreign country during a different era disagrees with you. The very reason philosophy is important is because it is comprised of universal truths about humans.
You are an idiot to not realise this obviously obvious fact.
...EDITED...... hatred.
Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.
I don't intend to keep going round and round with you. i've answered you once, and your "replies" are hogwash. You simply reiterate your previous claims at greater length without offering any sort of proof. Your first reply points out your own inetptitude:

Me:[You are] "Comparing one man from decades ago in a foreign country to a modern-day American political party."

You: "Every person who every studied philosophy writen in a foreign country during a different era disagrees with you. The very reason philosophy is important is because it is comprised of universal truths about humans.
You are an idiot to not realise this obviously obvious fact."

You miss my obvious point, that you were comparing apples to oranges when you compared Hitler to a modern-day PARTY. A PARTY is not a "political genius." Democrats are not "political geniuses." Democrats are not in any way like HITLER. See? That's what I'm saying. I'm not sayig that philosophy is unimportant or that you can't use it to compare different eras.

When you can't comprehend the question, you can't answer...and end up calling me an "idiot" because that's the real limit of your debating abilities.

Dismissed.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2968 Feb 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that you may increase the rate of suicides among liberals by using facts and logic on them? If it’s was not issued to them with their daily mantra, it didn’t happen according to their indoctrination.
Thanks for demonstrating the truth of what I said about you - that you get your facts from unreliable sources. In this case, more like crazy sources....:)

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#2969 Feb 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you can't quite accept that your side lost the Cold War. You are the same as those southerners that can't accept the fact that the South lost the Civil War.
Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.
The far right
Political ....
Social radical
Consumed with racial hatred
sought revenge for lost elections

2.) Social radical. "Legitimate rape" & " A war on contraception" Radical. Complete departures from the will of the people. Stands so radical that they Re-elected the President. My humble opinion is those social issues, along with a few other bits of bombast swung enough voters to the President to cover the spread.

3.) Consumed with racial hatred...The easier charge to prove. All you have to do is listen to that 'Kenyan' bullsquat. The racism just oozes from that stuff.

4) Sought revenge for lost elections...self evident

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#2970 Feb 18, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't intend to keep going round and round with you. i've answered you once, and your "replies" are hogwash. You simply reiterate your previous claims at greater length without offering any sort of proof. Your first reply points out your own inetptitude:
Me:[You are] "Comparing one man from decades ago in a foreign country to a modern-day American political party."
You: "Every person who every studied philosophy writen in a foreign country during a different era disagrees with you. The very reason philosophy is important is because it is comprised of universal truths about humans.
You are an idiot to not realise this obviously obvious fact."
You miss my obvious point, that you were comparing apples to oranges when you compared Hitler to a modern-day PARTY. A PARTY is not a "political genius." Democrats are not "political geniuses." Democrats are not in any way like HITLER. See? That's what I'm saying. I'm not sayig that philosophy is unimportant or that you can't use it to compare different eras.
When you can't comprehend the question, you can't answer...and end up calling me an "idiot" because that's the real limit of your debating abilities.
Dismissed.
You are not dismissed yet, dunce.
It is your subjective judgement that there is no valid comparison between Hitler and the Democrats. Subjectivity has no standing. The rationale you used was that Hitler was in a different country during a different time. I countered that argument with the basis for philosophy being a critical component of man's ability to assimilate historic events into a modern day analogue.
Your argument was no different than saying history is of no significance, and humans change their characteristics every generation, which means humans mutate radically with every generation. That is obviously not true. Humans haven't changed instinct since before recorded history.
Therefore, those philosophies written as far back as when the first inscriptions were carved in stone in Egypt are as true for humans today as they were when they were carved.
Humans are humans, the same humans they were more than ten thousand years ago.
Thus, your contention that Hitler belonged to a different species, subject to different instincts and reacting differently to learned behavior is absolutely wrong.
If you don't want to be compared to Hitler, don't do the same goddam things.
Hitler:
Political genuis
Sought revenge for a lost war
Democrats
Political genuis
Seek revenge for losing the Cold War
What kind of political genuis does it take to build a political party on treason and indoctrinating the population with lies, and still not only survive, but win elections?
The same type of political genuis that brought Hitler to the world's stage of history.
Should we begin a discussion of that treason and system of lies the country was indoctrinated with?
Let's start with Alger Hiss, and see where that discussion leads us.
Now, you are dismissed, dunce.
And, please change your name. It's embarrassing to read something like "professor" in front of your obviously ignorant diatribe.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2971 Feb 18, 2013
By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.
Adolf Hitler
Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.
Adolf Hitler
Great liars are also great magicians.
Adolf Hitler
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
Adolf Hitler
He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.
Adolf Hitler
I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few.
Adolf Hitler
It is not truth that matters, but victory.
Adolf Hitler
Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
Adolf Hitler

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama administration on track to surpass health... 2 min Captain Yesterday 3
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min woodtick57 304,757
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,172,890
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 min Reverend Alan 3,508
Judge refuses to toss Perry case on constitutio... 5 min Silly Summit 1
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 5 min barefoot2626 12,452
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 183,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min IBdaMann 50,346
McCain gives thumbs up to 'American Sniper' movie 17 min Captain Yesterday 64
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 47 min dirtclod 142,000
More from around the web