People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: Reuters 4,995

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Full Story

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2252 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>If liberals are so proud of their king and their party, they should get a tat on their fore heads that is a T for treason. It will be easier in the long run later.
If you weren't a deluded, spamming, trolling nutbag, you'd post things which made sense instead of raving lunacy about other people being "traitors." You're about as un-American as they come yourself, for that matter!`

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#2253 Feb 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>

Was McVeigh justified? That is a matter of subjective conclusion.
Did McVeigh respond to the government assassinating innocent Americans? I believe that is the accepted reasoning.

Ideals have no direct relationship with the subjective morality or ethical aspects. Morality and ethics are relative.

"Second to forgive or even 'understand the motives' of excesses of this nature, renders the cause obscene."
Is it obscene to understand the motives of Hitler? You are applying your subjective conclusions to determine what information people should have, and applying a censorship criteria.

Nobody was forgiven in any of my posts.
let's review my summation stated multiple times:
Larry Potts should have been on the gurney right next to McVeigh.
You have to be inventive to get forgiveness out of that.

Ok one little bit at a time
First the idea that there can be any disconnect between Ideals and conceptualized morality and ethics is scary, because then you would be saying your ethics and morality are not based upon measures of percieved good and evil, instead you would use comparison. For example if you steal $2 and I steal $1 under a relative system of ethic and morals the condemnation would not be we are both thieves, but that only a measure of who stole what is the measure of ethical implication.

Second, you being literate must know that the word understand has the definition of...' to interpret with a sympathetic attitude'. with the phrase... to forgive or even understand... the first portion.... to forgive.... modifies the word 'understand', the phrase would be invalid stated in a fashion that eliminates or ignores the first half...that is called the context and you were using my wording with an altered context because I had never referred to education, buy to moral judgement.

The fact that you have to put Potts on the gurney next to McViegh indicates that you are attempting to use Potts in an exculpatory fashion. Until you can address McViegh with out attempting to project a sympathetic understanding upon them that is exactly what you are doing.
You don't have to be inventive say evil is evil, period.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#2254 Feb 7, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok one little bit at a time
First the idea that there can be any disconnect between Ideals and conceptualized morality and ethics is scary, because then you would be saying your ethics and morality are not based upon measures of percieved good and evil, instead you would use comparison. For example if you steal $2 and I steal $1 under a relative system of ethic and morals the condemnation would not be we are both thieves, but that only a measure of who stole what is the measure of ethical implication.
Second, you being literate must know that the word understand has the definition of...' to interpret with a sympathetic attitude'. with the phrase... to forgive or even understand... the first portion.... to forgive.... modifies the word 'understand', the phrase would be invalid stated in a fashion that eliminates or ignores the first half...that is called the context and you were using my wording with an altered context because I had never referred to education, buy to moral judgement.
The fact that you have to put Potts on the gurney next to McViegh indicates that you are attempting to use Potts in an exculpatory fashion. Until you can address McViegh with out attempting to project a sympathetic understanding upon them that is exactly what you are doing.
You don't have to be inventive say evil is evil, period.
Revenge is related to emotions. Ideality is related to the perspective of morals and ethics.

And, I understand why Hitler slaughtered the jews. He hated them. I understand why a dog kills a chicken. He wants to eat it.

And, after living in the Arab world for a few years, I understand why the Arabs declared a war on us.
... the conclusion I derived is about 180 degrees from the Democratic Party line.
Understanding has no relationship to any sympathies felt.

Potts assassinated innocent Americans.
Whether you lke it or not, Potts is a direct participant in the cause-and-effect scenario. Without Potts assassinating innocent Americans, there would not be the OKC bombing.
...unless, you think McVeigh was motivated by something other than revenge for the government assassination of innocent Americans on multiple occasions, specifically at Ruby Ridge and Waco.

What penalty do you think should be applied to Larry Potts?
Straight Shooter

Oaxaca, Mexico

#2255 Feb 7, 2013
No you dumpy little turd we dont simply need "assault"we desperately need them to avoid the king who was (maybe) elected by the sheeple to ignore the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution which was designed to impede traitors like him to abuse the citizenry. From the looks of his ammunition purchases for the Homeland Securit Apparatus things are well under way. Messiah ObaMao has enough hollow point ammunition stockpiled to run several Afghanistan/Iraq conflicts for decades. And notice under current war regulations hollow point bullets are prohibited. Looks as though he doesnt worry about sing them on American citizens. And that squatfaced little POS Panetta is right there to hold his hand and cheer him on. Somebody build some gallows! http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-21-6-mi...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2256 Feb 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Revenge is related to emotions. Ideality is related to the perspective of morals and ethics.
And, I understand why Hitler slaughtered the jews. He hated them. I understand why a dog kills a chicken. He wants to eat it.
And, after living in the Arab world for a few years, I understand why the Arabs declared a war on us.
... the conclusion I derived is about 180 degrees from the Democratic Party line.
Whether you lke it or not, Potts is a direct participant in the cause-and-effect scenario. Without Potts assassinating innocent Americans, there would not be the OKC bombing.
...unless, you think McVeigh was motivated by something other than revenge for the government assassination of innocent Americans on multiple occasions, specifically at Ruby Ridge and Waco.
So in your twisted mind, Potts is more guilty than McVeigh, or caused McVeigh to commit his gross act of terrorism? You give McVeigh a pass based on this alleged "crime" of Potts'?

Why didn't those "innocent Americans" surrender when the legally-constituted authorities repeatedly asked them to do so?
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#2257 Feb 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar, a slanderer, and an anti-American traitor. You were probably licking the screen when Hitler was on.
Professor Fartsack, YOU are a lying, amoral, leftist/communist POS. Nobody believes anything you post on here you disgusting turd. Go tell it to other vile, leftists, you are completely wasting your time on here.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#2258 Feb 7, 2013
Gun background checks decreased in January. Just in time to, all of the anti-gun bed wetter’s can relax now. Obama, Feinstein, Pelosi, Schumer and their anti-gun supporters caused the gun shops to run out of guns, ammo, reloading supplies, high capacity magazines and most anything gun related in record time. Good luck getting people to turn thm in to.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#2259 Feb 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your twisted mind, Potts is more guilty than McVeigh, or caused McVeigh to commit his gross act of terrorism? You give McVeigh a pass based on this alleged "crime" of Potts'?
Why didn't those "innocent Americans" surrender when the legally-constituted authorities repeatedly asked them to do so?
You really do have a very noticeable problem reading and comprehending the written English language.

Go back through my posts and find where I gave credence to any thought of innocence for McVeigh.
You have a problem accepting the fact that the government assassinated innocent Americans on multiple occassions, using Larry Potts as their tool, and this had a direct cause-and-effect relationship with the OKC bombing.

So, what do you think would be an adequate penalty for Larry Potts?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#2260 Feb 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
"Legally-constituted " assumes that they are abiding by the Costitution. In the Randy Weaver case, the courts ruled that this was not the case. In the Waco case, the supposed search warrant was "sealed" and they wouldn't show it. It wasn't unsealed until more than a week after the fiasco began.

government - "I've got a warrant to search your house."
citizen - "show it to me."
government - "No."
citizen - "cowboy up."

And, every American has the right to defend their own constitutional rights. Get used to that constitutional concept.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2261 Feb 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the goddamned thing, idiot:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
"The SECURITY of a free state." Do you know what "security" means, dumbass? It means keeping the peace, preventing crimes, quelling sedition and revolts, etc.
It is NOT about protecting citizens FROM the government. You are a LIAR.
Sit down and shut up.
Yes, I do know, you are sadly lacking in Constitutional knowledge. and... yes it is to protect the citizens from the tyranny of the government. Don't need to sit down or shut up, its you whose lack of schooling is showing. People with just a little historical knowledge are laughing at your statements. When you use statements as 'sit down and shut up, it's only to cover your ludicrious statements.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#2262 Feb 7, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>yes it is to protect the citizens from the tyranny of the government.
Yes ... and the world laughs at our paranoid gun culture.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#2263 Feb 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Though you should admit that the 2nd Amendment call for citizens to have arms in order to form 'well-regulated militias' was intended to enforce the laws, not rebel against the government.
A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference.
Thomas Jefferson

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

How about you admitting you are wrong?
just another guy

Denver, CO

#2264 Feb 7, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
The world envies our gun culture. One of the most popular things for foriegners to do in Las Vegas is to rent full auto firearms.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#2265 Feb 7, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The world envies our gun culture.
That nonsense must come from a gun business ad and/or the NRA! LOLL

Our gun culture is roundly laughed at by our friends - and especially our foes - who question why in the Home of the Brave and the Land of the Guns.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2266 Feb 7, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and who really gives a rip what the world thinks. We protect our own.

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#2267 Feb 7, 2013
In a speech to House Democrats, Biden claimed,“It is clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.”

Can anyone provide text from the Constitution that supports Biden's statement?

And, the public is the people. We have a government of the people and by the people, if you give any respect to Abraham Lincoln.
So, if you think we have a government of the people, then the government is subject to the same restrictions.

Actually, the Democrats don't like the concept of a government of the people. They are trying to force on the people a government of the ruling elite. Therefore, with disregard to the Constitution, they intend on instituting two different sets of rights: one set of rights for the people in the government, and a different set of rights for the lower classes not part of the ruling elite.

Again, can anyone provide text from the Constitution that supports Biden's statement?

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#2268 Feb 7, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Our gun culture is roundly laughed at by our friends - and especially our foes - who question why in the Home of the Brave and the Land of the Guns.
Perhaps we should put some effort into educating them with the fact that the US ranks first in the world in gun ownership, and 28th in the world in gun violence.

The Democrats don't prevent criminals from having guns now with their existing gun-control laws. What idiot believes they will enforce any new law in their districts where they don't enforce existing gun laws.

So, since it's obvious the Democrats don't intend to disarm themselves, what's the true purpose of these gun control laws they are trying to force on the population?
just another guy

Saint Louis, MO

#2269 Feb 7, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have been to Vegas and went shooting you would know the places are full of Brits, Aussies, many Asians, just people from everywhere.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#2270 Feb 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not Mc viegh's crime was the reasult of the over reaction of a diseased mind.
Or are you claiming it to be the reasonable act of a lucid mind.

You never answered the literature question. Have you Read 'The Turner Diaries'
Your next post should compare Mein Kampf and The Turner Diaries
Also tell me what responsability both Hitler and Pierce have for the the murders that have occured be cause someone 'understood' these men

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2271 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see......the running total now is a photoshopped COLB
Tell us about the black UN hellycopters, Dumbo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min DanFromSmithville 142,234
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Not Yet Equal 57,118
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min sandy1 304,874
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 5 min U S MALE 690
Obama defends close US relationship with Saudi ... 6 min USA Today 30
Secret Service Involvement in Gang Stalking (Feb '13) 7 min Brina 52
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Yep 1,173,334
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Calvin_Coolish 168,304
McCain gives thumbs up to 'American Sniper' movie 40 min woodtick57 93
More from around the web