Federal judge rejects parts of immigr...

Federal judge rejects parts of immigration ordinance

There are 42 comments on the KLKN story from Feb 20, 2012, titled Federal judge rejects parts of immigration ordinance. In it, KLKN reports that:

The U.S. District Court judge has thrown out parts of the ordinance that sought to ban hiring or renting to illegal immigrants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLKN.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Say it like it is

Woodbridge, VA

#1 Feb 20, 2012
Activist judges at it again. First they rule that corporations are people and can spend unlimited amounts of money influencing elections and now this.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#3 Feb 20, 2012
How completely absurd! This needs to be taken to the U.S. Supreme Court!

Quote:
The U.S. District Court judge has thrown out parts of the ordinance that sought to ban hiring or renting to illegal immigrants.
End Quote

And then it suggests that is in conflict with Federal law? LMAO! How so? Federal law says foreign nationals cannot work here without authorization. Last I checked, illegal aliens have no such authorization.

Federal law says aiding/abetting and causing an illegal to come here or stay here are felonies. Most certainly allowing them to rent is aiding them as well as encouraging them to stay, as without a place to live, they simply would not be able to stay.

I'm wondering where these Judges got their law degrees.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 20, 2012
Yawn. More unelected federal judges taking bribes and nullifying laws passed by elected representatives of citizenry
bailout my duck

Naperville, IL

#6 Feb 20, 2012
r we broke yet?or do we need more mouths feed?
did you see it

UK

#7 Feb 20, 2012
this judge has imposed his own law,,good,,good with his owner mind,,.

keep him,,, so once day he will sender a guilty party home,,.

or hit him with a big bunch of lemon grass and cooking with curry powder,,then serve with noodle,
scout

United States

#8 Feb 20, 2012
translation: Once again our neo-Marxist Federal Judges stand tall for the anti-Christ.
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

#9 Feb 20, 2012
Federal judge rejects parts of immigration ordinance

Full story: KLKN

The U.S. District Court judge has thrown out parts of the ordinance that sought to ban hiring or renting to illegal immigrants.

IN CHINA TO RENT AND WORK, AN INVITATION FROM THE EMPLOYER IS REQUIRED, A VISA, A RESIDENTIAL PERMIT AND A GREEN CARD ARE REQUIRED TO WORK IN CHINA, AND THE RESIDENT PERMIT IS APPLIED FOR AT THE LOCAL POLICE STATION.

“Denver/ science and tech, ”

Since: Apr 08

Denver,

#10 Feb 21, 2012
More fedral workers have illegle maids from mexico than any other type of workers in the country, and most have big issues with reporting the small amout they pay them to the IRS.

“Denver/ science and tech, ”

Since: Apr 08

Denver,

#11 Feb 21, 2012
Just fallow the constitution , and its not that hard.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#12 Feb 21, 2012
LOL

Any surprise? The judge is a Bush appointee! You can hire illegals and rent to them as long as you exploit them, make a buck, keep surpressing wages for Americans, we're good.

http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Laurie_Smith_...
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#13 Feb 21, 2012
Rebel wrote:
How completely absurd! This needs to be taken to the U.S. Supreme Court!
Quote:
The U.S. District Court judge has thrown out parts of the ordinance that sought to ban hiring or renting to illegal immigrants.
End Quote
And then it suggests that is in conflict with Federal law? LMAO! How so? Federal law says foreign nationals cannot work here without authorization. Last I checked, illegal aliens have no such authorization.
Federal law says aiding/abetting and causing an illegal to come here or stay here are felonies. Most certainly allowing them to rent is aiding them as well as encouraging them to stay, as without a place to live, they simply would not be able to stay.
I'm wondering where these Judges got their law degrees.
No shit, that A-hole is a Bush nominee! Don't expect THIS Supreme Court to disagree! We do have to get rid of the ACTIVIST JUDGES.

RON PAUL 2012! Long live the US Constitution!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#14 Feb 21, 2012
Speeders Kill Kids wrote:
Yawn. More unelected federal judges taking bribes and nullifying laws passed by elected representatives of citizenry
See my post above!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#15 Feb 21, 2012
scout wrote:
translation: Once again our neo-Marxist Federal Judges stand tall for the anti-Christ.
LOL Hey, shit for brains, she's a Bush appointee!

RON PAUL 2012!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#16 Feb 21, 2012
webnewsreporter_com wrote:
More fedral workers have illegle maids from mexico than any other type of workers in the country, and most have big issues with reporting the small amout they pay them to the IRS.
Now you know you can thank Bush for that! LOL
Better Article

De Soto, KS

#18 Feb 21, 2012
Google:
Judge upholds most of Fremont's illegal immigrant ordinance. Fremont Tribune, Feb 20, 2012. There you'll find the truth as to what the Judge upheld!
Plaintiff List

De Soto, KS

#19 Feb 21, 2012
U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
Plaintiffs:
Mario Marinez, Jr
Paula Mercado
Martin Mercado
Jane Doe
Maria Roe
Steven Dahl
ACLU NE
United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 22
Steven Dahl owns numerous rental properties, per a news article earlier.(Pond scum IMO.)
Cracker

Festus, MO

#22 Feb 21, 2012
The ONLY good illegal aliens, are DEAD illegal aliens .
And it's called TREASON, giving aid and comfort to foreign invaders within the United States !
scout

United States

#23 Feb 21, 2012
webnewsreporter_com wrote:
More fedral workers have illegle maids from mexico than any other type of workers in the country, and most have big issues with reporting the small amout they pay them to the IRS.
Why we gave meg whitman the boot, but ended up with the neo-Marxist, jerry.
Cracker

Festus, MO

#24 Feb 21, 2012
Say it like it is

Woodbridge, VA

#25 Feb 21, 2012
Plaintiff List wrote:
U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
Plaintiffs:
Mario Marinez, Jr
Paula Mercado
Martin Mercado
Jane Doe
Maria Roe
Steven Dahl
ACLU NE
United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 22
Steven Dahl owns numerous rental properties, per a news article earlier.(Pond scum IMO.)
He must not have wanted his little money making operation to be impacted

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Incognito4Ever 1,433,368
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 min Buck Crick 172
News News Trump on unarmed Clinton guards: 'Let's se... 2 min Chilli J 782
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min swampmudd 10,495
News California shooting shows police ill-equipped t... 3 min Le Jimbo 1
News 5 Words Trump Forgot to Say in First Debate 3 min bottlecap 27
News UPDATE 1-Obama power plant rules face key test ... 4 min Le Jimbo 4
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Dumbbuddy 244,042
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 19 min positronium 395,925
News Post-debate poll: Clinton takes round one 1 hr reality 274
More from around the web