Senate GOP ponders ceding power to Pr...

Senate GOP ponders ceding power to President Obama

There are 89 comments on the www.politico.com story from Feb 27, 2013, titled Senate GOP ponders ceding power to President Obama. In it, www.politico.com reports that:

Days before the March 1 deadline, Senate Republicans are circulating a draft bill that would cancel $85 billion in across-the-board spending cuts and instead turn over authority to President Barack Obama to achieve the same level of savings under a plan to be filed by March 8.

The five- page document, which has the tacit support of Senate GOP leaders, represents a remarkable shift for the party. Having railed against Senate Democrats for not passing a budget, Republicans are now proposing that Congress surrender an important piece of its Constitutional “power of the purse” for the last seven months of this fiscal year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.politico.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 27, 2013
What a fine mess Obama has made.
Barack Hussain Obama

Rochester, NY

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Gimme the power! You can trust me, wink wink. No term limits either. Give up your guns. Then give me all your money.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Feb 27, 2013
So the GOPasaurs are abdicating their constitutional responsibilities just to try to make the President seem responsible for the $85 billion in cuts which they voted for.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Feb 27, 2013
that's right, and 'ol crybaby boehner will just roll over like always so obama can rub his missing parts.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Feb 27, 2013
What a copout. Congress(GOP/DEMS) shifting their responsibility to a lame-duck President so they will be unscathed come election time 2014. They should all be voted out.

The sad thing is, it is working, as Obama is already being blamed for not doing Congress' job.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Feb 27, 2013
if the congress does this then the US needs to disband congress and the senate, let the little boy fuehrer have DC and chicago, and the 50 states govern themselves.
Joe Nelson

AOL

#7 Feb 27, 2013
Shouts of All Hail THE Obama rang out in the Senate as they tranfered thier responsiblities to the Dear Leader. Obama's whims must be obeyed as we become the Progressive Paradise.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#8 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
So the GOPasaurs are abdicating their constitutional responsibilities just to try to make the President seem responsible for the $85 billion in cuts which they voted for.
None of this would be an issue if Obama and the Senate Democrats took spending more seriously in the first place.
.
*****Obama got his tax increases*****
.
Obama could start to show his seriousness by going for less joyrides and doing more work.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#9 Feb 27, 2013
Now I cannot stand Democrats nor Republicans, they are all corrupt.

But, believe it or not, I am speechless over this.

The moment Congress surrenders it's power, we are officially no longer a Republic.

No matter who the President is. No matter what party they are affiliated with. NOBODY should have this much power.

So..........When is the revolution starting?
Long Winters

Rochester, NY

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Kahoki wrote:
Now I cannot stand Democrats nor Republicans, they are all corrupt.
But, believe it or not, I am speechless over this.
The moment Congress surrenders it's power, we are officially no longer a Republic.
No matter who the President is. No matter what party they are affiliated with. NOBODY should have this much power.
So..........When is the revolution starting?
Pretty soon, by the looks of things. Hope you are prepared for the shortages that are coming.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11 Feb 27, 2013
Might as well, as it is impossible to govern for the people and country, while the House republicans are too concerned with petty partisan, party obstruction......

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Feb 27, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
What a fine mess Obama has made.
That firm grasp on political reality, still eluding you, eh?
Roger Edgar

AOL

#13 Feb 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Might as well, as it is impossible to govern for the people and country, while the House republicans are too concerned with petty partisan, party obstruction......
now now........don't blame repubs because the devious obama didn't keep his part of the bargain after he got his tax increase. That would paint you as a moron. Only a moron would trust obama after he didn't keep his end of the tax/spending bargain.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#14 Feb 27, 2013
Roger Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
now now........don't blame repubs because the devious obama didn't keep his part of the bargain after he got his tax increase. That would paint you as a moron. Only a moron would trust obama after he didn't keep his end of the tax/spending bargain.
2014 can't come, soon enough.......
Roger Edgar

AOL

#15 Feb 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>2014 can't come, soon enough.......
I agree. It will be far less painful for American to plummet into nothingness by allowing the Orwellians free reign over our lives quickly. Like taking off a bandaid.

Fortunately, for those who share your view, in November parents proved they just to have the emotional attachment to their children that our parents had with us. They were willing to toss their kids "under the bus" for Obama.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Feb 27, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this would be an issue if Obama and the Senate Democrats took spending more seriously in the first place.
.
*****Obama got his tax increases*****
.
Obama could start to show his seriousness by going for less joyrides and doing more work.
I think the Dems take spending VERY seriously, just as the GOPasarus do.

They BOTH spend like mad.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#17 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
So the GOPasaurs are abdicating their constitutional responsibilities just to try to make the President seem responsible for the $85 billion in cuts which they voted for.
He is responsible for it.

He threatened to veto any bill to change it.

100% THAT MAN'S FAULT.

When are you Leftist morons gonna wake up and realize you have been lied to.

God you f*ckers are stupid.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Feb 27, 2013
Kahoki wrote:
Now I cannot stand Democrats nor Republicans, they are all corrupt.
But, believe it or not, I am speechless over this.
The moment Congress surrenders it's power, we are officially no longer a Republic.
No matter who the President is. No matter what party they are affiliated with. NOBODY should have this much power.
So..........When is the revolution starting?
I have to agree.

I can't believe the GOPasaurs are dumb enough to set this precedent just in an attempt to score some political points.

For the record, I think we probably should get rid of Congress entirely; they have become dysfunctional. Maybe their duties could be given to the Governors from each state.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#19 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Dems take spending VERY seriously, just as the GOPasarus do.
They BOTH spend like mad.
I'll agree with you on that one.
.
Obama has been painting pictures of cripples being thrown out onto the streets. You can be sure no upper management in the federal government will be cut, no matter the program duplication, agency ineffectiveness or political popularity.
.
To save them, society's lower orders will take the hit.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#20 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree.
I can't believe the GOPasaurs are dumb enough to set this precedent just in an attempt to score some political points.
For the record, I think we probably should get rid of Congress entirely; they have become dysfunctional. Maybe their duties could be given to the Governors from each state.
I would not say Congress as a whole. We need 2/3rd of a government. The House can go away. They are not needed. The House could be disbanded with final approval of laws being left with the people.

If we got rid of Congress as a whole, we would be no different than all of the other toltilitarian regimes through out history. When power is left into one hand, the people get screwed.

I would say, have the President to execute laws only that are written by the Senate and approved by the people.

Then the people have nobody to blame for bad laws than themselves.

Right now, the people do not have a voice. They think that the House and Senate are their voices. And this is laughable at best. Money interest control the house and senate through bribes (campaign contributions). The people as a whole are kept out of the process.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump bounces into the lead 4 min gwww 138
News The dream dies hard for the Bernie Or Bust crow... 5 min Gentile 22
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min thetruth 20,592
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Truth is might 201,358
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 30 min Quirky 391,296
News Bernie Sanders Wants Donald Trump To Know He Al... (Dec '15) 32 min stop trump 32
News Clinton On Police Murders: 'Don't Let Hate Infe... 37 min True Judgement 89
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Limbertwig 233,155
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 3 hr NotSoDivineMsM 205
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 5 hr woodtick57 253
More from around the web