Get rid of Big Bird

Get rid of Big Bird

There are 691 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 4, 2012, titled Get rid of Big Bird. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Mitt Romney, in Wednesday night's debate in Denver, spoke of funding he would cut if elected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

John

Quinlan, TX

#110 Oct 4, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Borrowing Money from CHINA to Pay for it IS NOT INVESTING my friend. I'd like you to think about that as the Obama Debt Clock passed $16 TRILLION a few weeks ago.
You're reaching man! God bless you and screw everyone else. Is that how you think?

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Newport News, VA

#111 Oct 4, 2012
Suce le pede wrote:
<quoted text>
Toilet bowl, the government has a duty to educate the citizenry with useful subjects and themes not accessible to the poor or to the isolated! You must feed your brain with useful concepts, ideas, and attitudes and not just to feed you with stuff for you to jerk off or to hate or to jam lard into obese baggy belly!
Better cut the taxpayer money ashole Israel!!

No Jackass,
The PARENTS have a Duty to Educate the Children and the Government has no business in the Entertainment business which is What Sesame Street is, a TV Program.

Good TV programming stands on its own 2 feet dummy.

Bad programming needs a Subsidy.

Oh!
And Cut Funding to Obama's Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt too ASHole! LMAO!

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#112 Oct 4, 2012

Obama Gets Teeth Kicked In

Barone: Thoughts on the first presidential debate
October 4, 2012

Did Mitt Romney win the first presidential debate between him and Barack Obama? Did Sitting Bull win at Little Big Horn?

You would have been surprised, if you had been the proverbial man (or woman) from Mars, to guess which candidate—the incumbent president of the United States or the former one-term governor of Massachusetts—had a better command of either the details of public policy. Obviously Mitt Romney did. And you would have gotten the sense that one of the two candidates had a sense of command and the other was hugely on the defensive. Romney was looking confident, with consistent smiles; Obama was constantly looking downward, on the defensive, irritated and—astonished.

Astonished, because during most of his public career Obama has been received by his audiences with undiluted adulation. He has been totally unused to being challenged on his talking points.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/barone-thoughts...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#113 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL!
Being "Partisan" has nothing to do with what part of the populace you belong. It's simply expressed in your stated views.
I've listened to NPR all my life and it's indeed an arm of the leftwing democrat party.
In fact, they're so leftwing they FIRED Juan Williams.
'nuff said.
but all you said yo listen to are the talk shows. is Teri Gross really gettting left wing when she interviews a jazz musician?

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#114 Oct 4, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You're reaching man! God bless you and screw everyone else. Is that how you think?

No, you're reaching. We're OVER $16 TRILLION in National Debt because people like you lack the spine or intelligence to admit our government has lost control of spending.

It's Very Simple. We the tax payer should not be funding TELEVISION SHOWS.

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#115 Oct 4, 2012

WHY did Obama Lay an Egg?

Does he ALWAYS SUCK that Bad?

Obama suffered tonight from his lack of scrutiny from mainstream media. As I like to say, there is nothing free in politics, but there is some question about when you pay the price.

In this first debate Obama paid the price for the hands-off treatment he has received from mainstream media. His talking points, advanced by his spokesmen in the confidence that they will not be seriously challenged, were refuted by an energized and articulated and well-informed Mitt Romney. He stood there petulantly and pathetically, nonplussed by the fact that his flimsy talking points were effectively challenged.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/barone-thoughts...

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#116 Oct 4, 2012

The most important thing about these debates is that they give voters an idea of which candidate can take command for an office one of whose titles is commander-in-chief.

Romney, in his interactions with Lehrer and with Obama, established that he is a man who can take command. Obama, through the whole debate, seemed like a man who cannot. Romney took command tonight and Obama looked irritable and weak. Americans don’t usually want irritatble and weak leaders as their commanders-in-chief.

Which one looked more like a president?

Mitt Romney.

Suce le pede

AOL

#117 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Borrowing Money from CHINA to Pay for it IS NOT INVESTING my friend. I'd like you to think about that as the Obama Debt Clock passed $16 TRILLION a few weeks ago.
Where the fk were you when the debt went from 5 to 10.5 trillion dollars, two wars, and one of the biggest government department (Homeland defense)? Hypocrite? And then the poverty rate increased! The gap between rich (2,000 more millionares per year) and poor increased!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#118 Oct 4, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah , right.
Hope and change and transparency isn't enough. Fill in the details.
* Close GITMO.
* Cut debt 50% in 4 years.
* Five million green jobs.
* Reduce healtcare costs by $2500 per family.
Need more details.
Oh yeah. We won't find out what's in the bill until we pas it.
Hey LEFTY.
You are full of you know what.
So you are NOT able to find any of Romney specific detailed plans on his website either.
Pinot

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#119 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet how are their programs left wing biased? why is their guest list not that biased? why isn't their listenership not biased? why do agencies that rate srtations not call them biased?
Still waiting on the source re: NPR listeners breakdown.

But you might as well give me the rafters source too.

You do have sources, don't you?
Suce le pede

AOL

#120 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
No, you're reaching. We're OVER $16 TRILLION in National Debt because people like you lack the spine or intelligence to admit our government has lost control of spending.
I rather give up one of those eleven air carriers that shutting down PBS!
You go and tell the elderly finance yourself and good luck! Your GOP sent to many jobs oversea so now how does lardbrains like you will find a job?
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#121 Oct 4, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Need more details.
Oh yeah. We won't find out what's in the bill until we pass it.
Yes that is Romney plans. Thank you.
John

Quinlan, TX

#122 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
OK! You have the right to think the way you want. I have the right to think you are part of the problem.

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#123 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but all you said yo listen to are the talk shows. is Teri Gross really gettting left wing when she interviews a jazz musician?

Puh-lease. I listen and watch what I want when I want it. There are plenty of PBS shows on the Tele worth watching but None worth Borrowing from China to Pay for.

Read This and you see the NPR commentator trying desperately to defend Obama from the Fact that, as Jonathan Turley explains, He's a Criminal.

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/10/141213273/op-ed...
John

Quinlan, TX

#124 Oct 4, 2012
Which one looked more like a president?
Whoever that was in the 6th row 10th to the left.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#125 Oct 4, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Need more details.
Oh yeah. We won't find out what's in the bill until we pass it.
Yes that is Romney's Plans. Thank you.

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#126 Oct 4, 2012
Suce le pede wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the fk were you when the debt went from 5 to 10.5 trillion dollars, two wars, and one of the biggest government department (Homeland defense)? Hypocrite? And then the poverty rate increased! The gap between rich (2,000 more millionares per year) and poor increased!

Uh, I VOTED for Ross Perot when he Rang the Debt Alarms at....$4 TRILLION.

- OUCH!-

The Dept of HLS should be abolished dummy. 10 people to do the job of 1 while they practically rape little children and harrass little old ladies. Yep they are theives too. What a mess.

- OUCH!-

The Poverty RATE has Increased Dramatically Under Hussein Obama because his Policies KILL JOBS and Opportunity for Americans. Who do you think takes the Poor's Jobs away? ILLEGAL ALIENS Obama coddles and encourages with AMNESTY!

What is wrong with you son?

The Wealthy don't take from the Poor. The Wealthy Pay BILLIONS in Taxes that goes to the Poor in gov Checks!

- OUCH!-

Now shut the Fk Up you stupid Moron unless you want more lessons tonight.:-)

LMAO!

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#127 Oct 4, 2012
Pinot wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on the source re: NPR listeners breakdown.
But you might as well give me the rafters source too.
You do have sources, don't you?

The Nazi Collaborator and FELON - George SOROS is at the Top of Every NPR list.

That's one of the many reasons why that liar won't dare provide a list or link!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#128 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes tax payers should NOT be funding obsolete military equipment so a member of congress can get re-elected either. You should agree with that.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#129 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes tax payers should NOT be funding foreign aid making dictators millionaires either. You would agree with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min M Wilson 387,948
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Henry 1,394,881
News Clinton continues to lead Trump in two new polls 2 min Democrat Hero 11
News Biden to rip Trump: Bullying is not a foreign p... 3 min Chilli J 86
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Buster Steinbeizer 216,636
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 4 min payme 1,022
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 6 min spud 108
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 min Taletha 16 3,293
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 24 min woodtick57 1,294
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 2 hr abc 177
More from around the web