Barbara Boxer Attacks Condi Rice Over...

Barbara Boxer Attacks Condi Rice Over "Childlessness"

There are 214 comments on the Sweetness & Light story from Jan 12, 2007, titled Barbara Boxer Attacks Condi Rice Over "Childlessness". In it, Sweetness & Light reports that:

Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer, an appalling scold from California, wasted no time yesterday in dragging the debate over Iraq about as low as it can go - attacking Secre tary of State Condoleezza Rice for being ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sweetness & Light.

Since: Dec 06

NorCal

#124 Jan 16, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
///////Senator Barbara Boxer (California Democrat)(inset) asked Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice:"Who pays the price? I'm not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old and my grandchild is too young. You're not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with immediate family. So who pays the price? The American military and their families."/////
Wow!
Am I to believe that Boxer is WRONG----
when she says she is NOT going to pay a PERSONAL price because she does not have Children or Grand Children of Military Age
Am I to believe Boxer was WRONG---
that Rice is NOT going to pay a PERSONAL price because she does not have Children or Grand Children of Military Age.
Am I to believe Boxer was WRONG---
that the American military and their families PAY a PERSONAL price--Killed, Wounded, away from families and etc.
BOXER IS RIGHT neither SHE nor Rice will/are paying a PERSONAL PRICE and our Military Members/Families are!!!!!!!!!!
So what is the silly crap about her statement about!
Ahmen on that one, right between the eyes and without insults.
Edd

AOL

#125 Jan 16, 2007
Crusher wrote:
Condi is one of the biggest and best liars in the Bush Gang. She can spin a new lie in less than a tenth of a second--what a lie slinger! It was delightful to see someone give her a roasting for her lies and duplicity. I can't wait until she gets put on the carpet again--the drivel Condi puts out for Bush is sickening and a disgrace to our country.
Now your in the boat with Boxer.
Edd

AOL

#127 Jan 16, 2007
Bond wrote:
Condi is part of the Bush Desasters and she is equally resposible of the failures. We have lost 3000 soldiers that is too many. Boxer has every right to make her point.
Now don't forget the 3000 men, women and children who died on 911 and with a few minutes of one another. It seams like Boxer is conveniently forgetting those who were burned and crushed to death. When is Boxer going to go and visit with Hugo Chavis? Sounds like Boxer and Chavis have a lot in common.
Concerned Father

Austin, TX

#129 Jan 16, 2007
I have two Sons serving in Iraq right now and another just returned from his third tour. I am a retired military service member. How dare Ms. Boxer bring family into her attack on the Secretary of State. A Senator is supposed to act with integrity and common decency and debate issues with some modicum of intelligence! I am weary of Boxer's emotional, divisive rhetoric.
PBL

AOL

#130 Jan 17, 2007
Funny, when a director asked a Legistlator about his son not being put in the war, not one person called the male on male queston radical, unfair, gender based or below the belt.
"Director Michael Moore's controversial anti-Bush documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 has won the prestigious Palme d'Or best film award at the Cannes festival...." Moore got our respect and several awards. Boxer gets women telling her she has no class. Talk about discrimination by all sexes against a very valid point......because she is a woman plain and simple.
get a life

El Dorado Hills, CA

#131 Jan 17, 2007
The bigger issue is that Boxer puts down childless TAXPAYERS! Who pay the bills for those whose children are sitting in those public schools, paying for their various health plans and social programs administered by the government! And the price of war is on all of us, not just those with children! She's a dumb woman, who should retire her tired ass immediately! This country would've never been founded with people like her as taxpayer representatives!

“Compromise yourself for no one”

Cajun Country

#132 Jan 17, 2007
get a life wrote:
The bigger issue is that Boxer puts down childless TAXPAYERS! Who pay the bills for those whose children are sitting in those public schools, paying for their various health plans and social programs administered by the government! And the price of war is on all of us, not just those with children! She's a dumb woman, who should retire her tired ass immediately! This country would've never been founded with people like her as taxpayer representatives!
That is not at all what she did. She pointed out to Rice and other members of congress (including herself) that they don't pay a personal price in this war with the potential loss of loved ones.
Meaning, they should make better decisions with those people in mind.
It's simply not fair nor is it right to twist her words to mean something they clearly didn't.
Disgusted

United States

#133 Jan 17, 2007
get a life wrote:
Senator Barbara Boxer (California Democrat)(inset) asked Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice:"Who pays the price? I'm not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old and my grandchild is too young. You're not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with immediate family. So who pays the price? The American military and their families
Disgusted

United States

#134 Jan 17, 2007
Concerned Father wrote:
I have two Sons serving in Iraq right now and another just returned from his third tour. I am a retired military service member. How dare Ms. Boxer bring family into her attack on the Secretary of State. A Senator is supposed to act with integrity and common decency and debate issues with some modicum of intelligence! I am weary of Boxer's emotional, divisive rhetoric.
""So who pays the price? The American military and their families"""

Bad, Bad for Boxer to say that---why she should have said " Secretary of State Rice-- You and I have paid/will Pay a Personnal Family Price UN-LIKE the Military Personnel and their families who have not/will not.

Zimmerman, MN

#135 Jan 17, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad, Bad for Boxer to say that---why she should have said " Secretary of State Rice-- You and I have paid/will Pay a Personnal Family Price UN-LIKE the Military Personnel and their families who have not/will not.
I agree with you, Boxer should of put it in another way. The whole nation pays a price when a soldier is killed, but its not a personal price. In that soldiers family's actually feel the real pain, a pain I hope I never have to endure. To bury ones child is hard and personally painful, what adds to this pain is the thought that the life lost was in vain. If this escalation fails, some will really feel this and that is disturbing.

Cajun Country

#136 Jan 17, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope this is satirical because if not, it makes no sense. She was saying exactly the opposite of what you said.
James Barnes

Rockville, MD

#137 Jan 17, 2007
Doc Knock wrote:
<quoted text>Well you are a liberal, they are the only freaks of nature on this planet that use their sex organs to think with. Kennedy, Clinton, Roosevelt, shall I go on twinke toes? You fit right in with that question! If you had half her IQ you would be dangerious you forum fool!
Apparently you have no argument with my post because you went straightaway to the insults. LOL

Cajun Country

#138 Jan 17, 2007
James Barnes wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you have no argument with my post because you went straightaway to the insults. LOL
Careful now! Doc, aka "Culture Warrior" is the guy at your office that never leaves his cubicle, behaves rather oddly, and knows the entire office is making fun of him. He's too weak to stand up for himself in person so he goes home, has a basement full of Uzi's and Molatov cocktails and some idiot pushes him too far one day and he goes postal.
Make sure you're the guy who bought him lunch, he'll remember that when he goes on his rampage and you just might be spared!

NorCal

#139 Jan 17, 2007
Concerned Father wrote:
I thought all of this was about family? You to have taken her statements out of context.

Best wishes to your Sons and may they all return home safely.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#140 Jan 18, 2007
Tell the whole truth! There would be quite a few reprobate republicans out of work as well - and it would make it more difficult for them to legitimize their theft!
Doc Knock wrote:
Barbara Boxer is just California trash like Pelosi. Term limits in Congress would solve all the problems. That will never happen because it make sense and the lying liberals would be out of work with nothing to do.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#141 Jan 18, 2007
Check the death count of the war - it now exceeds 3000, what about those people?
Doc Knock wrote:
<quoted text>Her gay lover Cindy Sheehan already did. The other day she took her kids to Wal Mart the greeter said "Oh what Nice Twins" Boxer snapped back " there 17 and 11 what make you think they are twins ? " The Little old lady just smiled and said " I just can't imagine somebody having sex with you twice".
Juanita

Bryan, TX

#142 Jan 19, 2007
BOXER IS OBVIOUSLY A RACIST. SHE DOESN'T WANT TO SEE A BLACK WOMAN BE SUCCESSFUL

Cajun Country

#143 Jan 19, 2007
Juanita wrote:
BOXER IS OBVIOUSLY A RACIST. SHE DOESN'T WANT TO SEE A BLACK WOMAN BE SUCCESSFUL
And you obviously need a brain.

“Former politician/burea ucrat”

Since: Jan 07

GP via Salem Via PDX via L.A.

#144 Jan 19, 2007
Truth: It did put me out of work! As much as I dislike Condi Rice's policies, Boxers comments were uncalled for. But, then again...cat fight!!!!!!
Whatever

Pompano Beach, FL

#145 Jan 19, 2007
Hello all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Up To 40 Percent Of Obamacare Website Hasn't Be... (Nov '13) 2 min C Kersey 5
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 4 min Frankie Rizzo 165
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min bad bob 2,196
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Crow 269,713
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Well Well 1,534,355
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 314,301
News VA cuts ribbon on new clinic in Greenbrier County 15 min Well 3
News James Comey fired as FBI director 21 min Quirky 2,332
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LOL 240,800
News White House rebuts Washington Post report of Tr... 1 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 637
More from around the web