Barbara Boxer Attacks Condi Rice Over "Childlessness"

Full story: Sweetness & Light

Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer, an appalling scold from California, wasted no time yesterday in dragging the debate over Iraq about as low as it can go - attacking Secre tary of State Condoleezza Rice for being ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of214
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big Ed -----Dayton Nevada

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 12, 2007
 
I'm not crazy about condi, but I also would not attack her like that. ..........that was very CRUDE.

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 12, 2007
 
Goes to show you how stupid Boxer is. Don't be surprised if she loses her next election to Arnold the Terminator.

Since: Dec 06

NorCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 12, 2007
 
If either of you read what she said in context you would see that she placed Condo and herself in the same boat. Crude, hardly.
"Who pays the price? Iím not going to pay a personal price," Boxer said. "My kids are too old, and my grandchild is too young."
Then, to Rice: "Youíre not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family."
All she did was to level the playing field to get the situation down to brass tacks.

Since: Dec 06

NorCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 12, 2007
 
schmitty wrote:
boxer is a liar, is disrespectful of women, and is a racist. he attack was shameful. she should resign!
All of the above is patently untrue. She correctly pointed out the truth. Her record shows consistent and continued support for women and minorities.
bdobbs

Gillette, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 12, 2007
 
Barabra Boxer
What kind of woman is this. I'm trying hard not to be inappropriate.
bdobbs

Gillette, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 12, 2007
 
Ridge wrote:
If either of you read what she said in context you would see that she placed Condo and herself in the same boat. Crude, hardly.
"Who pays the price? Iím not going to pay a personal price," Boxer said. "My kids are too old, and my grandchild is too young."
Then, to Rice: "Youíre not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family."
All she did was to level the playing field to get the situation down to brass tacks.
Your Boat Is Sinking
Crusher

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 12, 2007
 
Condi is one of the biggest and best liars in the Bush Gang. She can spin a new lie in less than a tenth of a second--what a lie slinger! It was delightful to see someone give her a roasting for her lies and duplicity. I can't wait until she gets put on the carpet again--the drivel Condi puts out for Bush is sickening and a disgrace to our country.

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 12, 2007
 
Ridge wrote:
If either of you read what she said in context you would see that she placed Condo and herself in the same boat. Crude, hardly.
"Who pays the price? Iím not going to pay a personal price," Boxer said. "My kids are too old, and my grandchild is too young."
Then, to Rice: "Youíre not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family."
All she did was to level the playing field to get the situation down to brass tacks.
Balderdash. What she did was insinuate that they should make a decision on sentitment, not brains. She just set women back into the dark ages. If Boxer is not crying, she is making dumb remarks like that. She doesn't deserve to be any kind of leader.
Stoneman

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 12, 2007
 
Ridge, you are a fool.

Boxer knew EXACTLY what she was saying. She hates Condi Rice, an off-the-reservation black that dares to be something other than the typical, hand-fed dependent that Boxer can throw biscuits to and get re-elected.

Takes no intelligence whatsoever to play the Robin Hood gig the lefties have worked for 40+ years. Condi earned her place with hard work and incredible intelligence. Really throws a wrench in the extortion game Jesse and Sharpton depend on for income.
Amy

Lava Hot Springs, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 12, 2007
 
Boxer should be ashamed of herself. Watch the tape, when she plants the dig that Rice does not have an immediate family, she looks away, like a guilty look. A true sign of someone who knows they are stepping over a line but are too chicken to look at the person they are insulting.

Like others have said, this was a backwards step for women. Shame on her.

So just because she does not have children she isn't educated enough to make war policy? Like her or not, Rice is one of the most brilliant women in poiitics.

Boxer would probably agree with something as dumb as "you can't be a doctor and treat cancer if you haven't had it" or "you can't counsel a rape victim unless you've been raped yourself." Twisted reasoning and she should go put her head in a big hole for her comment.
Broadway Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 12, 2007
 
Stoneman wrote:
Ridge, you are a fool.
Boxer knew EXACTLY what she was saying. She hates Condi Rice, an off-the-reservation black that dares to be something other than the typical, hand-fed dependent that Boxer can throw biscuits to and get re-elected.
Takes no intelligence whatsoever to play the Robin Hood gig the lefties have worked for 40+ years. Condi earned her place with hard work and incredible intelligence. Really throws a wrench in the extortion game Jesse and Sharpton depend on for income.
Well Said!=)
Azbakan

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 12, 2007
 
Amy wrote:
Boxer should be ashamed of herself. Watch the tape, when she plants the dig that Rice does not have an immediate family, she looks away, like a guilty look. A true sign of someone who knows they are stepping over a line but are too chicken to look at the person they are insulting.
Like others have said, this was a backwards step for women. Shame on her.
So just because she does not have children she isn't educated enough to make war policy? Like her or not, Rice is one of the most brilliant women in poiitics.
Boxer would probably agree with something as dumb as "you can't be a doctor and treat cancer if you haven't had it" or "you can't counsel a rape victim unless you've been raped yourself." Twisted reasoning and she should go put her head in a big hole for her comment.
Rice is one of the most brilliant women in the oil industries pocket and Boxer has good reason not to like her. I think it is important to remind America that many in this administration did not serve and do not have family that is serving. It is the truth live with it. Calling Boxer anti woman or racist is ignorant considering her long and consistent voting record supporting women and minorities.
Moses

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 12, 2007
 
Crusher wrote:
Condi is one of the biggest and best liars in the Bush Gang. She can spin a new lie in less than a tenth of a second--what a lie slinger! It was delightful to see someone give her a roasting for her lies and duplicity. I can't wait until she gets put on the carpet again--the drivel Condi puts out for Bush is sickening and a disgrace to our country.
You said it all Crusher! She lied from the beginning about WMD's. I think the only one who may be a better liar is Tony Snow.
Riggs

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 12, 2007
 
I get a real kick out of all the faux outrage from the pro-Bush crowd. I suppose when your guy is in as bad of shape as he is you need to invent bad situations. Keep clutching your pearls and complaining about those horrible Democrats.

Since: Dec 06

NorCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 12, 2007
 
Stoneman wrote:
Ridge, you are a fool.
Boxer knew EXACTLY what she was saying. She hates Condi Rice, an off-the-reservation black that dares to be something other than the typical, hand-fed dependent that Boxer can throw biscuits to and get re-elected.
Takes no intelligence whatsoever to play the Robin Hood gig the lefties have worked for 40+ years. Condi earned her place with hard work and incredible intelligence. Really throws a wrench in the extortion game Jesse and Sharpton depend on for income.
I agree she did know exactly what she was saying. I did not make excuses for her i just pointed out the fact that she said the same thing about herself that she said about Condoleeza to make a point and that it should be taken in context. I also agree with the post that Boxer has plenty to dislike about Condoleeza as she is also responsible for much in the failed strategy of this administration. Condoleeza has earned her spot by being a representative of big oil. She has in fact worked hard, hard enough to get an oil tanker named after her.
Ray

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 12, 2007
 
The media doesn't agree with the majority of the entries of this conversation. Explain again how is Sec. Rice not a real woman ?

“Compromise yourself for no one”

Since: Dec 06

Cajun Country

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 12, 2007
 
Boxer did nothing to attack Rice. If you all would watch the coverage instead of reading scripted articles, you'd see that Boxer was making a statement about Rice not having to endure any PERSONAL losses in this war. Boxer actually said the exact same thing of herself. She was taking things down to brass tacks to show how easy it is for someone with no personal investment to erroneously be so noncompassionate about the loss of lives and how it means something to all those that DO have the huge potential of PERSONAL loss.
Bond

Manteca, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 12, 2007
 
Condi is part of the Bush Desasters and she is equally resposible of the failures. We have lost 3000 soldiers that is too many. Boxer has every right to make her point.
Sandy Las Vegas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 13, 2007
 
Barbara Boxer, will never have the class or the smarts that Condoleezza has. Boxer is a left wing liberal that only wants power and programs just like all the rest of them. They will be the downfall of this country. Of course they don't want a victory in Iraq it might make President Bush look good.
IamHereNBaghdad

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 13, 2007
 
citywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Balderdash. What she did was insinuate that they should make a decision on sentitment, not brains. She just set women back into the dark ages. If Boxer is not crying, she is making dumb remarks like that. She doesn't deserve to be any kind of leader.
The marjority of decisions about this conflict/war/crisis or whatever spin you want to put on it was done with a decision that was not based on current and viable intelligence. What she said was what she said. Just as what the Bush Administration said is what they said. For you to interpret otherwise is to show your bias for the spoken truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of214
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••