Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Port Sun

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Comments
5,041 - 5,060 of 7,571 Comments Last updated Jul 23, 2013

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Per mile driven commercial drivers are in less accidents than non commercial drivers
Yes, but not substantially less. Wrecks involving big trucks are more likely to produce a fatality.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, your "copy and paste" site still doesn't work. That's a fact. So please don't tell me what to do AFTER you've given your so called proof.
Besides, if Zimmerman can't get out at the syg hearing, it goes to trial.
And he must testify there.
Wrong, he wouldn’t be required to testify. In his case though his testimony is the only eye witness account and it would be in his best interest to testify.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

We call it “grid anxiety!” But Fear not the grid will be able to handle it, according to just about every study that's been done over the past few years except FAUX News the purveyors of doom and gloom, is for some inexplicable reason, pushing the fallacy. As the power grid stands right now it can already handle millions of electric vehicles without bringing any further power plants online. You will, however, have to make certain improvements to your existing in-house wiring on older homes. Besides, Israel and some European countries are building a “battery exchange” network – no charging time no waiting. Car manufacturers are working with cities, utilities and consumers to make sure the grid is ready and buyers are educated. PG&E president Jim Piro states that the utility has few concerns about adding cars to its grid for the moment! So just relax naysayers and take a chill-pill ... electric car battery packs are highly sophisticated assemblies controlled by computer, heated or cooled depending on climate or seasonal weather. Charging is absolutely-positively no problem as a new type of infrastructure is emerging to swap, not charge, a battery pack within minutes. Just think (if that’s possible) how worthless your gas car would be without gas stations on every corner – it’s a no-brainer!!
http://www.npr.org/2012/08/21/159355676/dont-...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
No fool, you press it once to answer. Why would you assume you must hold it?
He is talking about the PTT for two way radio.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither should be using the phone while behind the wheel. I don’t understand why so many people feel they must be on the phone constantly.
True, but sometimes you can't help it. I had to get a hold of the electric company a few weeks ago to make sure my tenant switched the electricity to his name before he moved it. It was an hour wait. I don't have that kind of time at work, so I sent a request they call me back. When they do and you don't answer, you have to go through the process all over again. There are other times when I'm delivering to an unmanned warehouse and I have to call the main plant to send somebody over to unload me. Depending on how far away they are, it could take up to a half-hour or more. So I call a half-hour before I expect to arrive.

Now I can't do that legally anymore. If I get caught, it's a $2,400 fine. All it does is disrupt business.

“Drink up! Summer's comin'”

Since: Jul 10

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither should be using the phone while behind the wheel. I don’t understand why so many people feel they must be on the phone constantly.
Obama phones must be used to get more handouts or they expire.
Say the Truth

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
We call it “grid anxiety!” But Fear not the grid will be able to handle it, according to just about every study that's been done over the past few years except FAUX News the purveyors of doom and gloom, is for some inexplicable reason, pushing the fallacy. As the power grid stands right now it can already handle millions of electric vehicles without bringing any further power plants online. You will, however, have to make certain improvements to your existing in-house wiring on older homes. Besides, Israel and some European countries are building a “battery exchange” network – no charging time no waiting. Car manufacturers are working with cities, utilities and consumers to make sure the grid is ready and buyers are educated. PG&E president Jim Piro states that the utility has few concerns about adding cars to its grid for the moment! So just relax naysayers and take a chill-pill ... electric car battery packs are highly sophisticated assemblies controlled by computer, heated or cooled depending on climate or seasonal weather. Charging is absolutely-positively no problem as a new type of infrastructure is emerging to swap, not charge, a battery pack within minutes. Just think (if that’s possible) how worthless your gas car would be without gas stations on every corner – it’s a no-brainer!!
http://www.npr.org/2012/08/21/159355676/dont-...
"As the power grid stands right now it can already handle millions of electric vehicles without bringing any further power plants online."

What a crock. Let's see that work in California in August.
Say the Truth

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Always plugging your racist comments.
You just can't help yourself can you son?
Is condescension a plank in the progressive platform, son?
Say the Truth

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. The syg hearing. He doesn't have to testify at the trial son.
Where did you go to law school, son?
june

Maringouin, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

look up-feds are buying all the ammo!just do it?
just another guy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

june wrote:
look up-feds are buying all the ammo!just do it?
You have to wonder why the National Weather Service needs a couple hundred thousand rounds of ammo.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is condescension a plank in the progressive platform, son?
When conservatives try to look superior? It's not a bad option... especially when reality puts things in perspective.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"As the power grid stands right now it can already handle millions of electric vehicles without bringing any further power plants online."
You're suffering from luddite syndrome ...
just another guy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>When conservatives try to look superior? It's not a bad option... especially when reality puts things in perspective.
Why not? Restoring our govt to it's Constitutional limits is a far superior course to where "progressivism" has taken us and will take us.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Restoring our govt to it's Constitutional limits is a far superior course to where "progressivism" has taken us and will take us.
Funny. You people keep talking about "Constitutional limits" as long as you get to define what those "limits" are.

Seems fascist to me.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, since electric vehicles are mostly recharged at night - during the off-peak period for the power grid - their impact is perfectly manageable; remember you half-baked wingnuz morons said the same thing about TV sets. Power companies in fact can’t wait to sell their surplus “night-power” to electric car owners. Not only that bur power is much cheaper at night. Go back to you TV and watch your FAUX News fantasies, the purveyors of doom and gloom!!!!
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to wonder why the National Weather Service needs a couple hundred thousand rounds of ammo.
That's for people who complain about the weather.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You're suffering from luddite syndrome ...
You're suffering from not having an electrical engineering degree and 30 years of experience in the field.

But as Neil Armstrong once said, ignorance on a topic doesn't prevent someone from expressing an opinion.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. You people keep talking about "Constitutional limits" as long as you get to define what those "limits" are.
Seems fascist to me.
Oh the hypocritical IRONY!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you hear yourself?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, since electric vehicles are mostly recharged at night - during the off-peak period for the power grid - their impact is perfectly manageable; remember you half-baked wingnuz morons said the same thing about TV sets. Power companies in fact can’t wait to sell their surplus “night-power” to electric car owners. Not only that bur power is much cheaper at night. Go back to you TV and watch your FAUX News fantasies, the purveyors of doom and gloom!!!!
"remember you half-baked wingnuz morons said the same thing about TV sets"

LMAO- Just how OLD are you?

"purveyors of doom and gloom": See Global cooling/Global warming/Climate Change/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••