Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7566 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

Marks

Kansas City, MO

#4263 Feb 1, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
We are so happy for you -- small minds are easily amused!!!
And a dim bulb like yourself is easily deluded.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4264 Feb 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You "claimed" evidence that says supports that position. No different than what Zimmerman is doing.
As long as you take Zimmerman's description of events as the base line, you can say what you want since it's such a gray area.
Read the damned evidence available. Here’s a fairly complete list http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9...

I don’t take Zimmerman’s testimony as a base line. I reviewed all the evidence and then compared his statement to collected evidence.

Storing your head firmly up your ass is certainly your right. Do you want to maintain your conclusions based on media reporting or do you want to review the real evidence?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4265 Feb 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why do YOU people insist on making this case racial, then claim it's the other people's fault?
Funny, it’s just the opposite. Learn to read you liberal fool. I don’t claim it’s racially motivated. It was *NOT* racially motived which is confirmed by FBI investigation.

Where exactly did I claim it was someone else's fault? Do tell.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4266 Feb 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Spin it however you want son.
Your change to "...the evidence tends to support his story more than the prosecutions *theory*" now takes a tangent off you claim of being "factual."
The dead body, the weapon that killed him and the person who actually killed Martin are indisputable facts.
But if you disagree, feel free to call me a liar and demand proof.
Theory? Facts were stated. Zimmerman’s wife was indeed charged with perjury, George was not. Is that a theory? The prosecution case is based almost entirely on theory. Do review the evidence.

Yes, Martin is dead.

Yes, Zimmerman shot him.

The legal question is was the shooting legally justified.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4267 Feb 2, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I can tell the difference. I've seen 4 or 5 posters prove you wrong.
Apparently, you are either too stubborn or too ignorant, to realize or admit it.
He’s nothing more than a condescending fool. I wonder if he actually believes calling others “son” bolsters his position.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4268 Feb 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, I have a dead body, the weapon that killed him, the admission of the shooter. It's already stacked high.
It's up to the defense to prove their case. This is why the syg hearing will be interesting. And since Zimmerman has already lied to a judge on this case, the presumption that his "story" matches take on less credibility.
How do you conclude that? If it’s a legally justified shooting then you have nothing. The evidence does indeed support the shooting was legally justified.

Zimmerman *may* have lied about finances. That’s an allegation only. Why was his wife charged with perjury and not him? Do tell us all about your theory.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4269 Feb 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Actually, if you had comprehended the post, HIO claimed he preferred to kill his food.
I simply indicated he should start with himself, there by being self supporting.
You're probably unfamiliar the the Escher drawing. But that's ok. For many it's conceptually hard.
How is Escher applicable to this discussion?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4270 Feb 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you have, son. The prosecution needs to go to court and prove THEIR case beyond a reasonable doubt. They have the dead body...
They have the weapon...
They have the confession...
Now it's up to the defense to show it was justified. But if you believe all the defense has to do is show up, then fine. I won't argue with you. I'm sure the prosecutor will argue they don't want to have the verdict overturned due to incompetent defense.
BTW, the only one "...insisting that Zimmerman is this malicious murderer who killed this killed in cold blood..." is you. Again, you need to assign my position in order to make your case.
You keep skipping right past the FACT I've already said I want justice to take over. Why can't you actually quote that fact for a change? At least it would be accurate.
You’re easily confused.

The prosecution still must prove it was murder and not a legally justified shooting.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4271 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory? Facts were stated. Zimmerman’s wife was indeed charged with perjury, George was not. Is that a theory? The prosecution case is based almost entirely on theory. Do review the evidence.
Yes, Martin is dead.
Yes, Zimmerman shot him.
In case you haven't notinced, "Yeah" is being intentionally obtuse and flipping his posts just to continue trolling. She/He/It (sheit) won't get another reply from me.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4272 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you haven't notinced, "Yeah" is being intentionally obtuse and flipping his posts just to continue trolling. She/He/It (sheit) won't get another reply from me.
It’s another fun toy like Tory.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4273 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s another fun toy like Tory.
LOL...yep. I'm bored with both.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4274 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
He’s nothing more than a condescending fool. I wonder if he actually believes calling others “son” bolsters his position.
We all have mentors in our life, this is Yahoo's:

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4275 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, it’s just the opposite. Learn to read you liberal fool. I don’t claim it’s racially motivated. It was *NOT* racially motived which is confirmed by FBI investigation.
Where exactly did I claim it was someone else's fault? Do tell.
And yet, you keep bringing it up.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4276 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Martin is dead.
Yes, Zimmerman shot him.
Curious. You just mentioned the prima facia requirements for being charged with manslaughter or murder, yet you believe the "...case is based almost entirely on theory."

You must have different legal system in your country son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4277 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you conclude that? If it’s a legally justified shooting then you have nothing. The evidence does indeed support the shooting was legally justified.
Zimmerman *may* have lied about finances. That’s an allegation only. Why was his wife charged with perjury and not him? Do tell us all about your theory.
You people just can't look at the facts objectively.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...

"..."The defendant just sat there as his wife lied under oath," de la Rionda said. "The defendant wife's lied to this court when both Mr. O'Mara and the state asked her questions, when she stated she had no money.

"The defendant and his wife were very deceptive in the actions they took before this court," he said.

O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney, argued that the judge should consider how his client spent the money, on rent and living expenses, not whether he knew about the money.

"How they use the money is relevant," O'Mara said in his argument to Lester.

He called the issue an "innocent misunderstanding rather than a deviant intent to hide money from you."

The money was transferred to a defense fund run by a third party, O'Mara said.

Lester interrupted him, arguing that how Zimmerman spent the money had nothing to do with him acting as if he didn't know anything about it during the bond hearing.

O'Mara did not explain why Zimmerman did not say he knew about all the money he collected. O'Mara has said the account raised about $200,000.

Lester seemed most concerned about phone calls between Zimmerman and his wife while he was in jail that showed they knew of the tens of thousands of dollars he collected. The judge said Zimmerman and his wife talked about using the money to pay for his bond...."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4278 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-06-13...

"...George Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara has said the couple was confused and fearful when they misled court officials about how much money they had. A call and email to him Tuesday weren’t immediately returned.

Records show that in the days before the bond hearing, Shellie Zimmerman transferred $74,000 in eight smaller amounts ranging from $7,500 to $9,990, from her husband’s credit union account to hers, according to an arrest affidavit. It also shows that $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman’s account to his sister’s in the days before the bond hearing.

Four days after he was released on bond, Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $85,500 from her account into her husband’s account, the affidavit said. The affidavit also said jail call records show that George Zimmerman instructed her to “pay off all the bills,” including an American Express and Sam’s Club card.

A state attorney investigator met with credit union officials and learned she had control of transfers to and from her husband’s account.

Jeffrey Neiman, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice, said cash transactions in excess of $10,000 usually trigger a reporting requirement by the bank to multiple government agencies — including the IRS.

“If Mrs. Zimmerman intentionally structured the financial transactions in a manner to keep the offense under $10,000, not only may she have committed perjury in the state case, but she also may have run afoul of several federal statutes and could face serious federal criminal charges,” Neiman wrote in an email to The Associated Press...."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4279 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
How is Escher applicable to this discussion?
That's what happens when you jump in the middle son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4280 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re easily confused.
The prosecution still must prove it was murder and not a legally justified shooting.
lol! Thank you for your opinion son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4281 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine by me son since you're not capable of looking at things more objectively.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4282 Feb 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, you keep bringing it up.
You are the moron that started it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 2 min RMGHispanic Causi... 1,996
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 2 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 823
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Calvin_Coolish 228,342
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,398
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,394,317
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 5 min spocko 358
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 6 min Cat74 206
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 38 min Taletha 16 387,767
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 56 min WasteWater 963
More from around the web