PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republ...

PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party

There are 2191 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 12, 2013, titled PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party. In it, Washington Times reports that:

The Republican Party saved the Union and abolished slavery. The Republican Party stood against Franklin Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans during World War II and against Jim Crow laws in the 50's.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1792 Nov 6, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
None of this information contained in the below post has any basis in fact or remotely relates to social security and the rights of survivorship.
Good information but useless in refuting the point of survivorship as it relates to Social Security.
<quoted text>
You're the idiot who brought up a supposed right to survivorship in a failed attempt to prove social security is an earned benefit, when it's clearly not.

You check may be based on the amount of income you earned over your working career, but it doesn't mean it's earned income.

And as such it can be reduced or eliminated at any time without legal recourse.

If you owned your benefits with the right to survivorship as you claim, then it could only be taken away through court proceedings, rather than Congress simply passing a bill.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1793 Nov 6, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
No kidding. As I stated, they come out of the retired personnel budget though. When a soldier is injured on deployment or training, he/she is eligible for retirement immediately.
Except they're not. They have to meet certain medical criteria to be medically retired.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1794 Nov 6, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
Put some reading material in your bunker:
The DoD Compensation and Benefits Handbook for wounded, ill or injured Service Members.
The DFAS Wounded Warrior Entitlements Handbook
Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) restores military retirement pay that is offset when a Retiree accepts compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for a disability or condition that can be attributed to a combat-related event.
Do you even know what SCAADL is? That is a benefit, albeit a poor choice of words for those who require 24 hour care for the rest of their lives. Wait, you hate that thought - government care for citizens until death.
Assclown.
Restoring retirement pay is hardly Congress taking away pensions.

ANY employer can INCREASE a pension any time they want; that's never been in dispute. They do it all the time with COLA increases.

STILL waiting for your proof any military retire had their pension cut by Congress.

Oh that's right, it never happened.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#1795 Nov 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I said they can't take away EXISTING military pensions.
Unlike you, I can read. There is no need to capitalize that which I have already addressed.
I never said they couldn't change or eliminate future pensions.
Thanks for agreeing with me.
Redux didn't change ANTHING for existing pensions.
No kidding. Again, thanks for agreeing with me.
You have no idea how much my pension is. Only a arrogant ass would make such an assumption.
Or...someone with an E level who knows what your NEC tops out at.

Oh, you forgot that you mentioned that, huh? LOL!
Short of federal bankruptcy, my pension is secure. You can continue to crap your pants over it if you want.
I am hardly worried. It is you who is crying again. You said that Congress could never end military pensions. A couple of us proved that you were wrong. Now, you are tap dancing and hoping we don't notice. We did. Keep dancing for us, Chicken Little.

#1796 Nov 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except they're not. They have to meet certain medical criteria to be medically retired.
Again, thank you for agreeing with me. You should save time and merely write, "Agreed."

Tawas City, Michigan

#1797 Nov 6, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, I can read. There is no need to capitalize that which I have already addressed.
<quoted text>
Thanks for agreeing with me.
<quoted text>
No kidding. Again, thanks for agreeing with me.
<quoted text>
Or...someone with an E level who knows what your NEC tops out at.
Oh, you forgot that you mentioned that, huh? LOL!
<quoted text>
I am hardly worried. It is you who is crying again. You said that Congress could never end military pensions. A couple of us proved that you were wrong. Now, you are tap dancing and hoping we don't notice. We did. Keep dancing for us, Chicken Little.
YOU are the MORON who kept claiming Redux & other changes to military pensions affect those currently receiving pensions at the time.

Now that you've been proven wrong you attempt to backpedal and claim that's not what you said?

It tops out at E-9, just like every other enlisted rating. You still have no idea how I make in retirement, and I certainly don't know nor care nor believe how much you may claim to make.

I never said Congress can't end military pensions; I said they can't end pensions for those already receiving pensions.

It would be a lot easier if you just read what I said, instead of reading what you WANTED me to say.

#1798 Nov 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the idiot who brought up a supposed right to survivorship in a failed attempt to prove social security is an earned benefit, when it's clearly not.
Must we keep doing this dance? Let's say you overpay into FICA. Are you entitled to getting it back plus interest? The SC said, in a unanimous decision, yes. That seems to imply that the money you receive in benefits is earned based on your paying into the system.

sssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tawas City, Michigan

#1799 Nov 6, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, thank you for agreeing with me. You should save time and merely write, "Agreed."
Except that's not what you said.

You said if they are injured on deployment or training they are eligible to retire immediately.

They're not.

You're wrong once again.

If I get a sliver in my finger on deployment I'm not eligible to retire immediately.

Yep, you're wrong once again.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1800 Nov 6, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Must we keep doing this dance? Let's say you overpay into FICA. Are you entitled to getting it back plus interest? The SC said, in a unanimous decision, yes. That seems to imply that the money you receive in benefits is earned based on your paying into the system.
Yes, we'll keep doing it until I tire of you morons who think social security is an earned benefit.

If you overpay ANY taxes you're entitled to get it back. MILLIONS get refunds from the IRS every year.

That STILL doesn't make it an earned benefit. If it was earned,
then it would be counted as income like all other earned income is.

It's not; it isn't.

#1801 Nov 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the MORON who kept claiming Redux & other changes to military pensions affect those currently receiving pensions at the time.
No, son, I specifically stated that Congress has altered military pensions several times, despite you protesting that they cannot.

Stop being ignorant.
Now that you've been proven wrong you attempt to backpedal and claim that's not what you said?
Should I go back through the thread and list how many times you stated that Congress cannot alter military pensions because they are a contracted right?
It tops out at E-9, just like every other enlisted rating. You still have no idea how I make in retirement, and I certainly don't know nor care nor believe how much you may claim to make.
Uncle Sam takes very good care of those who take care of him. Your E-9/20 gives you around $2,300 a month. I wouldn't brag.
I never said Congress can't end military pensions; I said they can't end pensions for those already receiving pensions.
Yet, they can. They make the laws.
It would be a lot easier if you just read what I said, instead of reading what you WANTED me to say.
Nah, I read your words and use them against you. I quoted you several times already and you ignore the duplicity. You are like a contemptible child. I feel truly sorry for yours.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1802 Nov 6, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, MILLIONS of people get social security and they never paid a single penny into the system.

That's why it's just another Congressional authorized welfare entitlement.

#1803 Nov 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that's not what you said.
You said if they are injured on deployment or training they are eligible to retire immediately.
They're not.
You're wrong once again.
If I get a sliver in my finger on deployment I'm not eligible to retire immediately.
Yep, you're wrong once again.
How many times have you been injured in combat? Have you been asked to retire due to a permanent partial disability?

Please do not make the mistake of telling someone who knows how the Army Accident Classification Chart works.

I forgot, you believe that carrying a bed pan is the definition of serving your nation. Carry on, son. we'll keep you safe.

Since: May 07

Sacramento, CA

#1804 Nov 6, 2013
Both parties are equally as corrupt. If you cannot see that then you are one of the many millions of sheep.

Since: Oct 08

Decatur, GA

#1805 Nov 6, 2013
try a wooden indian, sometimes you can convince them.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#1806 Nov 6, 2013
They call it the Gay Old Party, no offense to homosexuals. It's just that so many reTHUGlicans are in the closet, that's all.

And that's not to mention the pedophiles, obviously...:)
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#1807 Nov 6, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
try a wooden indian, sometimes you can sodomize them.
Corrected.
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#1808 Nov 6, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
They call it the Gay Old Party, no offense to homosexuals. It's just that so many reTHUGlicans are in the closet, that's all.
And that's not to mention the pedophiles, obviously...:)
And let us not forget these fine examples of Rethuglican family values .....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/...

Tawas City, Michigan

#1809 Nov 6, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you been injured in combat? Have you been asked to retire due to a permanent partial disability?
Please do not make the mistake of telling someone who knows how the Army Accident Classification Chart works.
I forgot, you believe that carrying a bed pan is the definition of serving your nation. Carry on, son. we'll keep you safe.
Your statement was incorrect.

Be a man for once and admit it.

Oh that's right, I forgot who I was talking too...

Tawas City, Michigan

#1810 Nov 6, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, son, I specifically stated that Congress has altered military pensions several times, despite you protesting that they cannot.
Stop being ignorant.
<quoted text>
Should I go back through the thread and list how many times you stated that Congress cannot alter military pensions because they are a contracted right?
<quoted text>
Uncle Sam takes very good care of those who take care of him. Your E-9/20 gives you around $2,300 a month. I wouldn't brag.
<quoted text>
Yet, they can. They make the laws.
<quoted text>
Nah, I read your words and use them against you. I quoted you several times already and you ignore the duplicity. You are like a contemptible child. I feel truly sorry for yours.
No need, we all know you're wrong but just not man enough to ever admit it.

It won't change the fact my pension is earned, protected by contractual law, and can't be taken away. While social security remains a Congressional provided welfare benefit which can be ended any day without legal recourse.

Btw, our 2 pensions provide more than enough income supplement our early retirement and provide for our family; but thanks for your concern.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1811 Nov 6, 2013
Ferenczy wrote:
Both parties are equally as corrupt. If you cannot see that then you are one of the many millions of sheep.
Long live the sheeple!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min NTR1 332,570
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 min Eagle 12 9,296
News Hillary Clinton to Visit Reno, Las Vegas on Thu... 5 min Local 14
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min messianic114 168,710
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min flack 1,250,941
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Coffee Party 192,069
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 10 min Cat74 29
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 15 min OhReally 2,079
More from around the web