Saturday protest takes aim at Yolo DA

Saturday protest takes aim at Yolo DA

There are 75 comments on the Daily Democrat story from Aug 23, 2009, titled Saturday protest takes aim at Yolo DA. In it, Daily Democrat reports that:

About 150 protesters marched from Freeman Park on Court Street to the Yolo County Courthouse and the District Attorney's Office on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Democrat.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Reisig is Scary

Vacaville, CA

#1 Aug 23, 2009
I hope the people wake up and see this Reisig as the dirty politician he is. Reisig is so dirty that his own cops are suing him and calling him dirty. The Davis Vanguard just ran a piece about his top Lt suing him for more unethical actions. Not sure a recall is in order yet but this guy needs to go.
Ditto to First Post

Sacramento, CA

#2 Aug 23, 2009
Reisig is Scary wrote:
I hope the people wake up and see this Reisig as the dirty politician he is. Reisig is so dirty that his own cops are suing him and calling him dirty. The Davis Vanguard just ran a piece about his top Lt suing him for more unethical actions. Not sure a recall is in order yet but this guy needs to go.
Ditto!! In addition, Reisig is "full of himself".
wondering

AOL

#3 Aug 23, 2009
Why did they do a protest on a Saturday when all of the County offices are closed? Wouldn't it have a bigger impact for the people they are protesting to see them protesting?

Apparently people have nothing better to do.......
Double Bogey

Dixon, CA

#4 Aug 23, 2009
I do not understand a couple of things with this protest...

1. The DA's office announced last week that the California DOJ has not released it's report to the DA and that the DA CANNOT move forward until that happens...Why is this even a question for Mr. Rojas?

2. Why would the protesters who are calling for the investigaiton into the Navarro death ever want to "join forces" with that of a convicted rapist/molester?
Duh

Sacramento, CA

#5 Aug 23, 2009
Double Bogey wrote:
I do not understand a couple of things with this protest...
1. The DA's office announced last week that the California DOJ has not released it's report to the DA and that the DA CANNOT move forward until that happens...Why is this even a question for Mr. Rojas?
2. Why would the protesters who are calling for the investigaiton into the Navarro death ever want to "join forces" with that of a convicted rapist/molester?
Because they both relate to the performance of Reisig vis a vis treatment of minorities. Not too hard to understand.
wondering

AOL

#6 Aug 23, 2009
Could the increase in minorities being prosecuted be because Yolo County has a large population of minorities?
wondering is Rexroad

United States

#7 Aug 23, 2009
The poster 'wondering' is Matt Rexroad. Same questions Rexroad has posted under his name in other forums. Just so you know where Rexroad stands.
Welcome to Reality

Sacramento, CA

#8 Aug 23, 2009
OMG - John Chendo - Inn Keeper Supreme of the Laughing Academy, wow sounds like all the patients were let out at once.

Al Rojas - "Al the Red" Barnum & Baily needs a Ringleader like this guy, more like a drop out from Sharpton & Jackson Rainbow PUSH University.

To bad PETA wasn't there to support the dog.
Full House

Reno, NV

#9 Aug 23, 2009
Jerry ! Jerry !

Right or wrong woodland/yolo Co. has become the new Jerry Springer show.

I'd say some of city leaders, Mr. Mayor ? need to reconize the concerns of the people.
What gives

Sacramento, CA

#10 Aug 23, 2009
What is going on? The Sheriff postpones publicizing his investigation until the DA come out with his. Now the DA postpones his until the Dept of Justice publishes its investigation. Is there a conspiracy to whitewash one another's results? Why would the results of one investigation depend on another so called "independent" investigation. Are the investigators colluding to fabricate a result that favors the cops?
Cassandra

Grass Valley, CA

#11 Aug 23, 2009
I'm just TICKLED by the fact that the last sentence in the article reads: "The District Attorney's office is closed on the weekends." Normally, I'm not a big fan of biased media, but this is just the icing on the cake--protestors who want to "show the community" what they're all about when NO ONE'S LOOKING?? I have nothing but derisive laughter for the stupidity of these people!!
Woodland conservative

United States

#12 Aug 23, 2009
Jerks - take your protest somewhere else, leave us alone.
Vida

West Sacramento, CA

#13 Aug 23, 2009
The injustice that many families in yolo county have had to suffer in the courthouse is unacceptable. It really didn't matter who was looking because the people that were there all brought a unity and peace for that moment. The families that are suffering didn't feel alone because we were all there and it gave them hope that we "the people" are watching and listening. We have nothing but positive energy for anyone that has been shadowed out in our court system. I hope and pray that you never have to face our justice system the way those families have. But guess what.... We would be there for you too.
sacramento

Roseville, CA

#14 Aug 23, 2009
the issue is the truth ! is what s being demanded ! what is very disturbing is the fact that the "Reisig" and "Prieto" have been alledged to have "Obstructed Justice" and the "Influencing the Judge" which is a crime in the case with "Prieto" thier is "Proof" of his personal abuse of his authority by approaching a "Local Yolo County Judge" in an attempt to influence the "Judge" in a "Criminal"case and if and when the "local Judge" is forced to testify under penalty of purjury he will as "Reisig": have to tell the truth or "Lie" under oath and also pay the price as "Prieto" and charged with "Obstruction of Justice" a crime no one person is above the law NOT even the "Reisig as Yolo County District Attorney nor Yolo County Sheriff Prieto",the Judge must testify and the U.S. Attorney' Geneneral and the FBI
must investigate the entire Judicial system.
silly argument

Colfax, CA

#15 Aug 23, 2009
You're weakening your own argument. Jonathan Key was found passed out, the dog shot with his gun and a neighbor saying he saw him outside with his gun. Another neigbor hears a gunshot and a man crying. Swat called in and there he is on the floor. Of course he'd be charged with all that evidence.

The other situation - a young Mexican guy was walking in the middle of the afternoon, home, supposedly with a knife. There is no proof he charged the officers and why can't a carload of "gang task force" cops subdue one man without shooting him dead. That's the question that needs to be answered.
FAMILY

Woodland, CA

#16 Aug 23, 2009
Let me give you an inside look at my thoughts on the situation with Jon Key. First of all Jon is a good man, a man who tried his best to be a good officer, but life can be tough, and things can overwhelm you, NO EXCUSE, but with that being said, has the sheriff dept, priedo, monroe, or t. lopez defended Jon, letting the puplic know that this was way out of character for Jon, and that he has a alcohol problem, that he is now facing up to.Now comes the good part, anyone with half a brain can see the mighty Sheriff and his posse have the perfect sacrifical lamb,better timing you wouldn't be able to plan. I can here them now, will show these protesters how we handle our problems, we'll throw the book at Key, that should make them happy, WRONG AGAIN. and by the way what happened to your officers(the ones in charge that night)they were telling me everthing will be o.k.Jon doesn't have to worry about his job, we'll keep this quiet, as long as he gets help, as soon as it hit the media, I haven't a word from anyone, won't even return my calls all you other officers out there risking your LIFE, don't make Mr.Prieto and the boy's look bad, it gets pretty lonely when you do.
Linda V

Vacaville, CA

#17 Aug 23, 2009
I normally don't like protesters but bringing light to Reisig's probable corruption is needed. I don't think I have seen one negative piece on DA Reisig? Yet I here all these issues and not once has anyone questioned him or put him to task? Why is that?

Should we be concerned about our media being controlled or fearful of our elected officials?
Charles Bronson

Sacramento, CA

#18 Aug 23, 2009
This is one time I have to support both the sheriff and the DA. The fact that the DA's office is waiting until the report from the Justice Department is complete before jumping the gun is commendable. I think it is funny everyone forgets that the Sheriff is the highest ranking hispanic law enforcement officer in the region. If anything, someone should be pushing the State to get the report completed. It looks like the protest is a complete sham and no more than political posturing
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Atlanta, GA

#19 Aug 23, 2009
maybe the dog was on meth=
Wow

Woodland, CA

#20 Aug 23, 2009
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they both relate to the performance of Reisig vis a vis treatment of minorities. Not too hard to understand.
Because Navarro was a drug dealer, drug using gangsta. They all go together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 3 min Retribution 330
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Joy 1,620,061
__POPE OUTED --- Shockwaves from Rome__ 3 min Oct 2017 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min Agents of Corruption 13,002
News At Mississippi school: Goodbye, Confederacy. He... 6 min KIR SUCKA 24
News Mexico Says Texas Immigration Crackdown Is Crea... 12 min HOLLA ISABELLA 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 15 min Worth Repeating 37,018
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 45 min Bill Dunning 306
News Barack Obama 56 min anonymous 48
More from around the web