You Might Be a "Radicalized Right-Wing Extremist" If…

Apr 15, 2009 Full story: Free Republic 79,756

What and who exactly are President Obama's homeland security officials afraid of these days? If you are a member of an active conservative group that opposes abortion, favors strict immigration enforcement, lobbies to protect Second Amendment rights, protests big government, advocates federalism or represents veterans who believe in any of the ...

Full Story

“Enforce our Immigration Laws!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21556 May 26, 2009
Cherokee Pride wrote:
<quoted text>Not that you need it, but I've got your back sis! Don't you just love the passive aggressive, flowers in your hair freaks? I say they should legalize scalping! LOL
Well you know what they say,"Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them".LOL

“Shall NOT be infringed”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, AZ

#21557 May 26, 2009
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
But I see you have no problem dictating to other Americans that don't follow your dogma how to live their lives.
CAN YOU SAY HYPOCRITE
"We are a Christian people (Holy Trinity Church v. United States. 143 U.S. 457, 470, 471 S., 12 S. Ct. 511), according to one another the equal right of religious freedom, and acknowledging with reverence the duty of obedience to the will of God. But, also, we are a nation with the duty to survive; a nation whose Constitution contemplates war as well as peace; whose government must go forward upon the assumption, and safely can proceed upon no other, that unqualified allegiance to the nation and submission and obedience to the laws of the land, as well those made for war as those made for peace, are not inconsistent with the will of God."

- Mr. Justice Sutherland, U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. v. MACINTOSH, 283 U.S. 605 (1931), Page 283 U.S. 605, 625. Decided May 25, 1931.

“It all about money”

Since: Oct 08

st louis

#21558 May 26, 2009
cntrybmpkn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Katn!
Thanks for clarifying to new yawk my femalehood! LOL!
How are you? Have a good holiday?
Hey bmpkn! LOL Thought you might get a laugh out of that he he

Yes I had a good holiday, got a lot done. I am being lazy today haha.

How about you? You have a good holiday?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21559 May 26, 2009
O - the President wrote:
<quoted text>
And you need a life
I had a beautiful girl in my arms this weekend and I will again tonight. I also spent Memorial Day in the company of friends and family. Whereas all of YOU people had nothing to do except b**ch and whine about teh ebil libruls and how your lives are being ruined because people who disagree with you are allowed to exist (kinda hard when you don't have lives to begin with).
Actually if you think about it I am doing nothing any different than you are. I have a life to live, a man who loves me, kids who love me, friends who love me.
So why don't you just be a real person and agree to disagree.
This long winded attempt on your part to silence me is futile and will result in the usual back and forth insults.
Nothing more will come of it, trust me.
All you are doing is aggrevating yourself and for what?
I mean, I knew you liked me, but this is ridiculous.
Why else would you pay so much attention to me?
Does your woman know about your "online love interest"?

“Shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix, AZ

#21560 May 26, 2009
O - the President wrote:
<quoted text>
And you need a life
I had a beautiful girl in my arms this weekend and I will again tonight. I also spent Memorial Day in the company of friends and family. Whereas all of YOU people had nothing to do except b**ch and whine about teh ebil libruls and how your lives are being ruined because people who disagree with you are allowed to exist (kinda hard when you don't have lives to begin with).
Blow-up dolls do not count as a "beautiful girl".

“like Simpleton's, they follow”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21561 May 26, 2009
Enochs fire wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so funny.
I never though you were a dude.
LOL.....
Geeez! Thank you, Enoch. Maybe it was the gun chit chat, or hunting...

Location hidden

#21562 May 26, 2009
Cherokee Pride wrote:
<quoted text>Hi little sis. How are you and your man doing?
Awesome! Just peachy!
And how are you?
You never told me.
Are you married?
Have kids?

Location hidden

#21563 May 26, 2009
Madison wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Siouxweety.
Chicago Guy made peace with everyone the other night.
Sorry, I am 2 nights late for answering comments. I need to catch up.

“Shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix, AZ

#21564 May 26, 2009
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
PROVE IT TO ME. YOU ARE THE ONE MAKING THE ASSERTION, I'M JUST ASKING FOR A LITTLE PROOF.
and no you can't use the Bible, Circular Logic fallacy.
You know, I have asked time and time again where in the Constitution of the United States does it state this is a christian nation.
AND NOBODY, I REPEAT NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO SHOW ME.
Instead I get the beliefs of the founding fathers. Newflash, they could have believed in anything, but they purposely left christianity out of the Constitution. Now if they were all god fearing christians and they wanted to make this a christian nation,
DON'T YOU FRIGGIN THINK THEY WOULD HAVE INCLUDED SOMETHING THAT IMPORTANT IN THE CONSTITUTION???
"Had the people, during the Revolution, had any suspicion of any attempt to war against Christianity, that Revolution would have been strangled in its cradle...At the time of the adoption of the Constitution and the amendments, the universal sentiment was that Christianity should be encouraged, not any one sect.... in this age there can be no substitute for Christianity....That was the religion of the founders of the Republic and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants...The great vital and conservative element in our system is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and divine truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ."

- House Judiciary Committee Report, March 27, 1854.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#21565 May 26, 2009
Cherokee Pride wrote:
The Constitution and Blue Laws
What does the reference to Sunday in Article I, Section 7 above [“If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted)...”] constitute? It reflects the thinking that underlies what are commonly called “Blue Laws” and demonstrates that the framers of the Constitution did not have a non-theistic, abstract concept of law. The federal courts, in striking down state laws about Sunday, have done so recognizing that these laws reflect a commitment to a Christian understanding of the Ten Commandments:
“The parentage of these laws is the Fourth Commandment; and they serve and satisfy the religious predispositions of our Christian communities.”(The Supreme Court’s 1961 ruling on four separate cases, challenging Sunday closing laws: McGowan v. Maryland; Two Guys from Harrison-Allentown v. McGinley; Braunfeld v. Brown; and Gallagher v. Crown Kosher Supermarket) Article I, Section 7 demonstrates that the Moral Law of God, as understood by the followers of the Christian faith, is the foundation of our Civil Laws.
Religious Tests
While the framers of the Constitution were absolutely opposed to a national, established Church, they understood that in order for people’s words to be believed in court, they had to believe in God and future rewards and punishments in the world to come. At the time of the ratification of the federal constitution, most states had constitutionally defined, basic sets of beliefs that were necessary to be held by those who took oaths or held office. These were not seen to be in violation of the national constitution. As but one example, a person may note Article I of the Constitution of Pennsylvania, written in its original form by Benjamin Franklin and others:
“Religious Freedom
“Section 3. All men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences; no man can of right be compelled to attend, erect or support any place of worship or to maintain any ministry against his consent; no human authority can, in any case whatever, control or interfere with the rights of conscience, and no preference shall ever be given by law to any religious establishments or modes of worship.
“Religion
“Section 4. No person who acknowledges the being of a God and a future state of rewards and punishments shall, on account of his religious sentiments, be disqualified to hold any office or place of trust or profit under this Commonwealth.”(emphasis mine.)
NEWSFLASH: Almost Every religion has a god, including Islam, Shinto, Hindu, Zorastarian, Mythraism, gods like Zeus, Apollo, Isis, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.

so in all you posts, even the one citing the Declaration of Independence, when they refer to God, which one is it?

If they were so hell bent on making this a christian nation, don't you think they would have said so??

Instead they use the all inclusive term God, because just maybe they didn't want to favor one religion over any others. Maybe they saw what Christianity did do Europe and wanted to avoid that. Maybe they wanted to start a bold new country without religious interferrence in the gov't. Maybe, just maybe that why they wrote the 1st ammendment
RAmen out
may you be touched by his Noodlely Appendage and see the pasta

“GOD BLESS AMERICA ”

NoBamatown

#21566 May 26, 2009
O - the President wrote:
<quoted text>
And you need a life
Oh the fixodent... we don't care if you hugged your obambi poster all weekend!! Shoo.. bugs!!

Location hidden

#21567 May 26, 2009
katn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bmpkn! LOL Thought you might get a laugh out of that he he
Yes I had a good holiday, got a lot done. I am being lazy today haha.
How about you? You have a good holiday?
Excellante'!!! Got alot done too! Getting ready for my family to come home in a couple days. Having a big ol family BBQ Sunday at last with all my kids and my grandbabies. It's been SO long since I have had all the kids under one roof at the same time. It's a true miracle!
Then, getting ready to head South for yet ANOTHER move to Ft. Benning. I'm in the wrong business, should own my own moving company. LOL!

“Enforce our Immigration Laws!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21568 May 26, 2009
Siouxweety wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am 2 nights late for answering comments. I need to catch up.
It's okay.
Things can get away from you pretty quick on here.LOL
O - the President

Denver, CO

#21569 May 26, 2009
GSCensored wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I've been telling Cherokee and Eunich for a long time! Especially blow-up dolls that resemble Rush Limbaugh.

Location hidden

#21570 May 26, 2009
GSCensored wrote:
<quoted text>
PRICELESS!!!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#21571 May 26, 2009
GSCensored wrote:
<quoted text>
"Had the people, during the Revolution, had any suspicion of any attempt to war against Christianity, that Revolution would have been strangled in its cradle...At the time of the adoption of the Constitution and the amendments, the universal sentiment was that Christianity should be encouraged, not any one sect.... in this age there can be no substitute for Christianity....That was the religion of the founders of the Republic and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants...The great vital and conservative element in our system is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and divine truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ."
- House Judiciary Committee Report, March 27, 1854.
Hmmm, how come you didn't post the entire quotation???? CHERRY PICKING YOUR QUOTES AGAIN. Tell me is that a systematic problem within you evangelicals, I seem to recall the Bush administration had the same problem with Iraqi Intel

The sentiment of the whole body of American Christians is against a union with the State. A great change has been wrought in this respect. At the adoption of the constitution, we believe every State—certainly ten of the thirteen—provided as regularly for the support of the church, as for the support of the government: one, Virginia, had the system of tithes. Down to the Revolution, every colony did sustain religion in some form. It was deemed peculiarly proper that the religion of liberty should be upheld by a free people. Had the people, during the Revolution, had a suspicion to of any attempt any to war against Christianity, that Revolution would have been strangled in its cradle. At the time of the adoption of the constitution and the amendments, the universal sentiment was that Christianity should be encouraged—not any one sect. Any attempt to level and discard all religion, would have been viewed with universal indignation. The object was not to substitute Judaism, or Mahomedanism, or infidelity, but to prevent rivalry among sects to the exclusion of others. The result of the change above named is, that now there is not a single State that, as a State, supports the gospel.
This is a point urged in favor of continuing the practice of having chaplains in Congress and the armed forces regardless of "the danger of a union of church and State. If the danger were real," Meacham wrote, "we should be disposed to take the most prompt and decided measures to forestall the evil, because one of the worst for the religious and political interests of this nation that could possibly overtake us. But we deem this apprehension entirely imaginary; and we think any one of the petitioners must be convinced of this on examination of the facts." Meacham pointed out that there was no single religion that commanded the majority, so that two or three would have to get together to form a national church. This wasn't likely to happen, as they had tenets that conflicted with one another, and the situation was even more extreme for smaller religious bodies. As a result, "there can be no union of church and State. Your committee know of no denomination of Christians who wish for such union. They have had their existence in the voluntary system, and wish it to continue. The sentiment of the whole body of American Christians is against a union with the State." This is where the quotation as I gave it above began. Meacham went on "From this it will be seen that the tendency of the times is not to a union of church and State, but is decidedly and strongly bearing in an opposite direction. Every tie is sundered; and there is no wish on either side to have the bond renewed. It seems to us that the men who would raise the cry of danger in this state of things, would cry fire on the thirty-ninth day of a general deluge."

“It all about money”

Since: Oct 08

st louis

#21572 May 26, 2009
Madison wrote:
<quoted text>
I love country music,just don't want to dance.I'm just your traditional wall flower.LOL
Good thing my husband doesn't like it either.
LOL My first boyfriend played in a band that played at all the local activities and all the school events, so I got an early start. Nobody would let me be a wallflower, even when i tried to hide. So I'm jealous, because I was a bit shy and very hard of hearing. LOL

Elmont, Long Island NY

#21573 May 26, 2009
GSCensored wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are a Christian people (Holy Trinity Church v. United States. 143 U.S. 457, 470, 471 S., 12 S. Ct. 511), according to one another the equal right of religious freedom, and acknowledging with reverence the duty of obedience to the will of God. But, also, we are a nation with the duty to survive; a nation whose Constitution contemplates war as well as peace; whose government must go forward upon the assumption, and safely can proceed upon no other, that unqualified allegiance to the nation and submission and obedience to the laws of the land, as well those made for war as those made for peace, are not inconsistent with the will of God."
- Mr. Justice Sutherland, U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. v. MACINTOSH, 283 U.S. 605 (1931), Page 283 U.S. 605, 625. Decided May 25, 1931.
I thought you people were agains Judicial Activism. Since no where in our Constitution, you know the founding document, blueprint for this nation, does it state we are a Christian nation. That makes this judge a judicial activists, making law from the bench.

Oh I see Judicial activism and judicial activists judges are okay when they believe what you believe... is that it??

Elmont, Long Island NY

#21574 May 26, 2009
cntrybmpkn wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't have said it better myself.
What I don't get is his proclaimed "respect" for others on this thread, and then he attacks the very same people he vowed to show more respect to.
You have not seen me call anyone a name, insult anyone, or reduce myself to the language of CP, have you?

I have restricted myself to challenging your beliefs and positions about the formation of this country. If you think that is disrespect, I suggest that you may be living in the wrong country. That is one of the prime directives of this country, differences of opinion and allowing for it. Its called DEMOCRACY

“GOD BLESS AMERICA ”

NoBamatown

#21575 May 26, 2009
O - the President wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I've been telling Cherokee and Eunich for a long time! Especially blow-up dolls that resemble Rush Limbaugh.
STFU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton says Merkel is Europe's 'greate... 2 min scirocco 37
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min TSM 1,144,276
Boehner weighs expanding suit over Obama execut... 3 min scirocco 303
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min positronium 163,229
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min TurkanaBoy 127,964
Obama calls for tougher Internet regulation 5 min mjjcpa 308
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,962
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 23 min Donny Brok 40
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan 58 min WeTheSheeple 18
Obama heckled 1 hr inbred Genius 27
Who pays for the White House Thanksgiving meal? 1 hr Straw Grasping Te... 7
Elizabeth Warren calls out Obama on nominee 3 hr Responsibility 12

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE