You Might Be a "Radicalized...

You Might Be a "Radicalized Right-Wing Extremist" If…

There are 79738 comments on the Free Republic story from Apr 15, 2009, titled You Might Be a "Radicalized Right-Wing Extremist" If…. In it, Free Republic reports that:

What and who exactly are President Obama's homeland security officials afraid of these days? If you are a member of an active conservative group that opposes abortion, favors strict immigration enforcement, lobbies to protect Second Amendment rights, protests big government, advocates federalism or represents veterans who believe in any of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Cherokee Pride

“My People, My Guns,My Rights, ”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21518 May 26, 2009
The Constitution and Blue Laws

What does the reference to Sunday in Article I, Section 7 above [“If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted)...”] constitute? It reflects the thinking that underlies what are commonly called “Blue Laws” and demonstrates that the framers of the Constitution did not have a non-theistic, abstract concept of law. The federal courts, in striking down state laws about Sunday, have done so recognizing that these laws reflect a commitment to a Christian understanding of the Ten Commandments:

“The parentage of these laws is the Fourth Commandment; and they serve and satisfy the religious predispositions of our Christian communities.”(The Supreme Court’s 1961 ruling on four separate cases, challenging Sunday closing laws: McGowan v. Maryland; Two Guys from Harrison-Allentown v. McGinley; Braunfeld v. Brown; and Gallagher v. Crown Kosher Supermarket) Article I, Section 7 demonstrates that the Moral Law of God, as understood by the followers of the Christian faith, is the foundation of our Civil Laws.

Religious Tests

While the framers of the Constitution were absolutely opposed to a national, established Church, they understood that in order for people’s words to be believed in court, they had to believe in God and future rewards and punishments in the world to come. At the time of the ratification of the federal constitution, most states had constitutionally defined, basic sets of beliefs that were necessary to be held by those who took oaths or held office. These were not seen to be in violation of the national constitution. As but one example, a person may note Article I of the Constitution of Pennsylvania, written in its original form by Benjamin Franklin and others:

“Religious Freedom
“Section 3. All men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences; no man can of right be compelled to attend, erect or support any place of worship or to maintain any ministry against his consent; no human authority can, in any case whatever, control or interfere with the rights of conscience, and no preference shall ever be given by law to any religious establishments or modes of worship.

“Religion
“Section 4. No person who acknowledges the being of a God and a future state of rewards and punishments shall, on account of his religious sentiments, be disqualified to hold any office or place of trust or profit under this Commonwealth.”(emphasis mine.)

Cherokee Pride

Location hidden

#21519 May 26, 2009
Press 4 for English wrote:
<quoted text>
I only counted one, poor guy must be losing it, only one, CP? Where are all of the others? Are they posting on other threads? You have to find ways to keep them interested!
That's it. I'm going to all of the other threads and invite all of the trolls to come over here. Including rtq!

Cherokee Pride

Location hidden

#21520 May 26, 2009
In early America the very understanding of the word “oath” meant that the person taking it believed in God.
Oath:“A solemn affirmation or declaration, made with an appeal to God for the truth of what is affirmed. The appeal to God in an oath, implies that the person imprecates his vengeance and renounces his favor if the declaration is false, or if the declaration is a promise, the person invokes the vengeance of God if he should fail to fulfill it. A false oath is called perjury.”
Webster’s Dictionary (1828)
This understanding is reflected in how “Article 6” was explained in the ratifying conventions. For example, one may consider the words of James Iredell at North Carolina’s ratifying convention:
Wednesday, July 30, 1788
The North Carolina State Ratifying Convention
‘According to the modern definition of an oath, it is considered a “solemn appeal to the Supreme Being, for the truth of what is said, by a person who believes in the existence of a Supreme Being and in a future state of rewards and punishments, according to that form which will bind his conscience most.” It was long held that no oath could be administered but upon the New Testament, except to a Jew, who was allowed to swear upon the Old. According to this notion, none but Jews and Christians could take an oath; and heathens were altogether excluded. At length, by the operation of principles of toleration, these narrow notions were done away. Men at length considered that there were many virtuous men in the world who had not had an opportunity of being instructed either in the Old or New Testament, who yet very sincerely believed in a Supreme Being, and in a future state of rewards and punishments ...(Mr. Iredell describes a British court case involving a man from India who was neither a Christian nor a Jew and then concluded.) It appeared that, according to the tenets of this religion, its members believed in a Supreme Being, and in a future state of rewards and punishments. It was accordingly held by the judges, upon great consideration, that the oath ought to be received; they considering that it was probable those of that religion were equally bound in conscience by an oath according to their form of swearing, as they themselves were by one of theirs; and that it would be a reproach to the justice of the country, if a man, merely because he was of a different religion from their own, should be denied redress of an injury he had sustained. Ever since this great case, it has been universally considered that, in administering an oath, it is only necessary to inquire if the person who is to take it, believes in a Supreme Being, and in a future state of rewards and punishments. If he does, the oath is to be administered according to that form which it is supposed will bind his conscience most. It is, however, necessary that such a belief should be entertained, because otherwise there would be nothing to bind his conscience that could be relied on; since there are many cases where the terror of punishment in this world for perjury could not be dreaded.’(emphases mine.)
[Elliot, Jonathan, ed. The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution as Recommended by the General Convention at Philadelphia in 1787.... 5 vols. 2d ed. 1888. Reprint. New York: Burt Franklin, n.d., Volume 5, Amendment I (Religion), Document 52.]

Cherokee Pride

Location hidden

#21521 May 26, 2009
The Establishment Clause

Thomas Jefferson’s 1802 letter to a group of Baptists of Danbury, Connecticut states that the purpose of the First Amendment was to build “a wall of separation between church and state.” Yet what President Jefferson meant by this wall is patently obvious from the weight of historical evidence cited above: namely, that this did not mean that there could be no point of contact between church and state. Civil governments have all kinds of laws that churches must obey: building codes, fire safety codes and zoning ordinances. None of these violate the liberty of churches to worship God according to their own liberty of conscience. Furthermore, there are times when the members of ecclesiastical bodies are simply unable to decide issues without submitting to the judgment of civil courts. A prime example of this would be contentions over the ownership of the church’s property.

Thomas Jefferson’s phrase in 1802 must be understood in light of what he said in his “Second Inaugural Address,” in 1805:

“In matters of religion I have considered that its free exercise is placed by the Constitution independent of the powers of the General Government. I have therefore undertaken on no occasion to prescribe the religious exercises suited to it, but have left them, as the Constitution found them, under the direction and discipline of the church or state authorities acknowledged by the several religious societies.”

Christian people are free to influence legislation that is in keeping with the moral principles of Christianity, and Christian parents are duty bound to see to it that their children are educated in light of Christian principles and morality. A godless educational system is a dreadful curse to American society, the very idea of which would have been abjured by the founders of our nation.

“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”(Deuteronomy 6:4-7.)

Odinga

“' I'm not my brothers keeper'”

Since: Jun 08

'Born Free---Taxed To Death'

#21522 May 26, 2009
Odinga wrote:
July 4th, 2009 Tax Tea Party in 846 cities....
Find one near you..........
LETS ROLL..........
http://www.taxteaparty.com/map.aspx
Correction..........

http://www.teapartyday.com/map.aspx

ROLL

Enochs fire

“Undocumented border patrol”

Since: Feb 09

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

#21523 May 26, 2009
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
funny how you quote some of the founding fathers when they support your position, but discredit jefferson when he used the term separation of church and state. Its called cherry picking your historical facts so that you can revise history.
again, please show me exactly where in the Declaration of Independence, or the Constitution where it explicitly states the United States of America is a christian nation
Not cherry picking at all.
The BOR is a list of restrictions on the government, NOT the Church.

Enochs fire

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

#21524 May 26, 2009
Tashunkewitko wrote:
<quoted text>I am familiar with the aforementioned words and their definitions. Forgive me for not "reading" you correctly. "Enjoy" angering basically good people if that is what floats your boat.
Funny thing my friend, Im not angry at all.
I respect Karma for many reasons but I agree with him very little.
LOL...
How ya goin?

Enochs fire

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

#21525 May 26, 2009
Cherokee Pride wrote:
<quoted text>That's it. I'm going to all of the other threads and invite all of the trolls to come over here. Including rtq!
You did that on purpose.
LOL.
Madison

“Enforce our Immigration Laws!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21526 May 26, 2009
katn wrote:
<quoted text>
Madi what is your husbands email address???? J/K
You should try it some time it is fun. I used to go to the senior citizens dances with my Dad, we'd do the two step, waltz, square dance, and then that funny one where they stomp on the floor...I think it's called clogging?? Well anyway it was fun, some of those old folks would flat wear you out. Wonderful exercise too.
Let me guess,you're a "Dancing with the stars" fan.LOL

No thanks,I get plenty of exercise.I'd rather go fishing.

Enochs fire

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

#21527 May 26, 2009
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
PROVE IT TO ME. YOU ARE THE ONE MAKING THE ASSERTION, I'M JUST ASKING FOR A LITTLE PROOF.
and no you can't use the Bible, Circular Logic fallacy.
You know, I have asked time and time again where in the Constitution of the United States does it state this is a christian nation.
AND NOBODY, I REPEAT NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO SHOW ME.
Instead I get the beliefs of the founding fathers. Newflash, they could have believed in anything, but they purposely left christianity out of the Constitution. Now if they were all god fearing christians and they wanted to make this a christian nation,
DON'T YOU FRIGGIN THINK THEY WOULD HAVE INCLUDED SOMETHING THAT IMPORTANT IN THE CONSTITUTION???
They did not leave Christianity out.
They left Government out of Christianity.
One more time.
THE BOR WHICH IS PART OF THE CONSTITUTION IS A LIST OF RESTRICTIONS ON GOVERNMENT NOT THE CHURCH.
Koran Agenda

Honolulu, HI

#21528 May 26, 2009
they should be afraid of THIS not Tax Tea parties :)

FROM THE KORAN:
--The unbelievers are your inveterate enemy.(4:101)

-- Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another.(48:29).

-- It is unlawful for a believer to kill another believer, accidents excepted.(4:92)

-- Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends.(5:51)

-- Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme.(8:40)

-- Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme.(2:193)

-- The true believers fight for the cause of God, but the infidels fight for the devil.(4:76)

-- We will put terror into the hearts of the unbelievers.(3:151)

-- I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.(8:12)

----------
Madison

“Enforce our Immigration Laws!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21529 May 26, 2009
Cherokee Pride wrote:
<quoted text>That's it. I'm going to all of the other threads and invite all of the trolls to come over here. Including rtq!
Don't You Dare!!
I seen my nasty stalker earlier,but Topix has already got rid of his posts.
O - the President

Denver, CO

#21530 May 26, 2009
Cherokee Pride wrote:
Every day I hear or see something about the Ten Commandments being removed from a public place. Our children are not even allowed to say anything about Christ. I hear a lot of people say parents should teach children about Christ and the commandments.
That is fine for Christians because we try to live our lives the way God commands us to. But what about all the children who do not have Christian parents or any Christian influence to tell them of Christ, or even step foot inside a church - where are they going to hear about God?
The government has allowed a select group of people to dictate what our schools are allowed to engage in. This has helped lead to the demoralization of our young people. If children do not have guidelines to go by, they become corrupt. Our young people are not disturbed by anything that happens in the world today because society accepts it.
I refuse to sit back and let someone dictate my life, and all people who believe in God need to take a stand. We cannot serve two masters. Everyone that opens a door for me I am going to tell them of my God, and of the greatest commandment of all: Thou shalt Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and all thy mind.
http://www.whydontyou.org.uk/blog/wp-content/...

“GOD BLESS AMERICA ”

Since: May 09

NoBamatown

#21531 May 26, 2009
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
PROVE IT TO ME. YOU ARE THE ONE MAKING THE ASSERTION, I'M JUST ASKING FOR A LITTLE PROOF.
and no you can't use the Bible, Circular Logic fallacy.
You know, I have asked time and time again where in the Constitution of the United States does it state this is a christian nation.
AND NOBODY, I REPEAT NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO SHOW ME.
Instead I get the beliefs of the founding fathers. Newflash, they could have believed in anything, but they purposely left christianity out of the Constitution. Now if they were all god fearing christians and they wanted to make this a christian nation,
DON'T YOU FRIGGIN THINK THEY WOULD HAVE INCLUDED SOMETHING THAT IMPORTANT IN THE CONSTITUTION???
How am I supposed to prove to you that something I believe in exists when you don't believe?? I have faith... you don't... whatever. You believe in spaghetti monsters... I don't... so go sprinkle your parmesan cheese and leave me be!

“GOD BLESS AMERICA ”

NoBamatown

#21532 May 26, 2009
katn wrote:
<quoted text>
Madi what is your husbands email address???? J/K
You should try it some time it is fun. I used to go to the senior citizens dances with my Dad, we'd do the two step, waltz, square dance, and then that funny one where they stomp on the floor...I think it's called clogging?? Well anyway it was fun, some of those old folks would flat wear you out. Wonderful exercise too.
Learn to do the Cotton Eyed Joe... that one kicks butt :-)

Tashunkewitko

“RWNJobs: Enoch, AB2, NO 419...”

Since: Jun 08

CP, Gunner, GSC...

#21533 May 26, 2009
Enochs fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing my friend, Im not angry at all.
I respect Karma for many reasons but I agree with him very little.
LOL...
How ya goin?
Good. Ehh...not bad. You? Gotta run. Take care Enoch.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21534 May 26, 2009
Chicago Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you even talking about?
I have no idea what this rambling is intended to convey... but we all know the biggest, most sensitive poetry reader on this thread is YOU.
You're either posting effeminate lines of verse, or threatening bodily harm is your hyper-quasi-masculine fashion.
You've already got the long, luxurious hair going. I'm certain you sit on the edge of the bed in your nightie every night, combing it at least 1000 times.
Why not simply get a set of DD's plastered on, so your real self can come through.... Siouxweety.
You are such a dolt! I am a woman and Cherokee Pride is a man and we are not the same person.
Now, get a life.

Enochs fire

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

#21535 May 26, 2009
American Born2 wrote:
<quoted text> How am I supposed to prove to you that something I believe in exists when you don't believe?? I have faith... you don't... whatever. You believe in spaghetti monsters... I don't... so go sprinkle your parmesan cheese and leave me be!
LOL....
Garlic Bread too?

“GOD BLESS AMERICA ”

NoBamatown

#21536 May 26, 2009
O - the President wrote:
STFU and have a nice day!

Cherokee Pride

Location hidden

#21537 May 26, 2009
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read all three documents, quite extensively, and you know what, not once in any of them, do they state this is a Christian Nation.
Here is your song. Take it, and may it serve you well.

into a strange new world, into the after
all your tears might find you've fallen too far
take another look, take another ride
can't we make them leave the hate behind

and I still believe in nothing
will we ever see the shape of tomorrow?

Into the empty storm, into the formless loss of hope,
Where we can forget the game

And I still believe in nothing
Will we ever see the cure for our sorrow

Nothing is sacred when no one is saved
Nothing's forever so count your days
Nothing is final and no one is real
Pray for tomorrow and find you're empty still

Nothing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 1 min Barros 192
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 1 min slick willie expl... 4,365
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,479,541
News Can Democrats learn to fight fire with fire? 5 min Le Jimbo 38
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Just call me ABE 2 256,342
News Specter of Lyndon Johnson haunts Trump 10 min The Real Donald T... 40
News Woman sues Trump in New York for defamation ove... 12 min The Real Donald T... 10
News Hillary Clinton won US popular vote by nearly 2... 40 min Just Think 1,092
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 42 min protestthis 17,754
More from around the web