Life-at-fertilization initiative has ...

Life-at-fertilization initiative has hope in Miss.

There are 2671 comments on the Centre Daily Times story from Oct 17, 2011, titled Life-at-fertilization initiative has hope in Miss.. In it, Centre Daily Times reports that:

In this June 6, 2011 file photo, Ezekiel Sowell, 7, right,of Tupelo, Miss., sings during a prayer rally for the Personhood Amendment at the Capitol in Jackson, Miss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Centre Daily Times.

bluestreak resurgent

“idol of millions”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2184 Apr 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you'd like to think so. But the fact is that you are simply not important enough to have that kind of effect on me. I just told you what I see, that's all. There was no emotion behind it.
Ah, just a trace of bristling there. Kinda funny, now that i look at it.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2185 Apr 9, 2012
bluestreak resurgent wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, just a trace of bristling there. Kinda funny, now that i look at it.
You're projecting.

You're simply not that important.

bluestreak resurgent

“idol of millions”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2186 Apr 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're projecting.
You're simply not that important.
Not projecting. In fact, you tend to use that word as a method of deflection. not buying it, sister.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#2187 Apr 9, 2012
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that is the reason from requiring a proper warrant prior to stopping a suspect or arresting someone. It is intended to prevent an arrest and/or the attempted arrest of a person not charged with any crime. It keeps law enforcement honest and the government from over stepping its authority like it is currently doing.
Jim Hayden for President in 2012
http://www.jimhayden2012.org
I see. So you're saying that if a cop sees a perp with a gun to a woman's head, he should say "wait there a minute while I go and get a warrant." "I'll be back." Is that it pinhead? You'd definitely score a bunch of points with the ACLU if you were to push for that kind of legislature during your first 6 months of "presidency."

As a card carrying member of the ACLU, and as a Democrat, I really wish I would have thought of that. ROFLMFAO!!!

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#2188 Apr 9, 2012
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Hayden wrote:
Actually nobody has a right to medical care nor does anyone have the right to a K-12 education.
Since when have the state or federal law makers followed the Constitution. Maybe prior to 1932 and maybe not even then.
Is this your best rebuttal, Mr. "President?"

ROFLMFAO!!!

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#2189 Apr 9, 2012
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously. However you do have the RIGHT to use it to go to the store and to work and any other place you want to go. AND the government CANNOT stop you, detain you or force you to get a driver's license in order to do so. Operating a motor vehicle on our roads and highways IS NOT a privilege but it is a RIGHT.
Then I suppose that as part of your presidency, you will abolish the requirement of a drivers license.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#2190 Apr 9, 2012
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again that is unconstitutional. When a person is convicted of a crime they do jail time or are placed on probation. Once a person is placed on probation they are ordered to follow a given set of rules. If they violate their probation they are automatically sent to jail. That is the way the system should work. If a person is convicted of committing a crime using their vehicle then that vehicle can and should be confiscated by a court order after a conviction and the person either placed on probation or serve some jail time. And no a speed limit offense is not a criminal event. That is because the speed limits are unenforceable with out erecting speed cameras every 20 to 50 feet along every road in America which is entrapment. Which is also illegal. That is the only way to catch every speeder and person who runs a red light. The government cannot set traps to catch people violating the law nor can they pass legislation designed to force people to be criminals. AND YET they do it all of the time.
YOu're having a hard time staying on subject; aren't you JImbo? Too bad Topix doesn't have teleprompters.

Entrapment only exists when someone who is not "predisposed" to commit a crime is enticed to commit a crime pinhead.

And no one is talking about speeding, but you.

BTW, a person commits a crime when he/she violates a statute that imposes criminal liability on the person. If you fail to pay your taxes, you've committed a crime. If you perjur yourself in court, you've committed a crime. If you knowingly drive without a valid drivers license, you've committed a crime. If you drive with a BAL of greater than .08, whether you get home safe, or kill someone in a car accident, like Mr. Goodman did in West Palm, you've committed a crime. Only that if you get home safe you succeeded in not getting caught.

Please, Mr. "President;" keep educating me on the law. I'm just a lawyer, and you're a "presidential" candidate (whose name will not be on the ballot, but that's a whole other laugh).

“Let Them Live”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2191 Apr 11, 2012
bluestreak resurgent wrote:
<quoted text>
You called that one right, for sure. Seems their biological affects their political and consequently, their rhetorical.
Bizarre for sure.

Since: Apr 07

Elizabethtown, KY

#2192 Apr 11, 2012
beachball wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation
They took Jimmy's drivers license away
What gives you that idea?

Elizabethtown, KY

#2193 Apr 11, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Operating a motor vehicle on our roads and highways IS NOT a privilege but it is a RIGHT."
Since when?
It has never changed. The only difference now is the vast majority of the people go along and do not challenge the state's claim. If a person has the RIGHT of ownership then along with that right comes the RIGHT of use. I own several computers and I have the RIGHT to use them. I own more than one vehicle and I have the right to operate them. However if I abuse my RIGHT the State has the authority to punish me by temporarily denying me my right to operate my vehicles.

Privileges can be granted or denied while a Right can only be temporarily suspended.

Elizabethtown, KY

#2194 Apr 11, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm talking about legally. There is no right for a person to use another person's organ systems to make their function, if if not being allowed to do so will kill them. That is why we are not required to donate organs, or even one drop of blood. The same will hold true even if a fetus were suddenly declared a person.
We don't have to vote against you. You won't be on the ballot.
Get your doctor to up your meds.
No person has the right or authority to kill an innocent person no matter what the situation or circumstances may be. After all that is exactly what this issue is all about. The mass extermination of over 16 million innocent children in the United States every year.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2195 Apr 12, 2012
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
No person has the right or authority to kill an innocent person no matter what the situation or circumstances may be. After all that is exactly what this issue is all about. The mass extermination of over 16 million innocent children in the United States every year.
Okay, big boy, it's down to Barack and Mitt. When are you going to throw your hat in the ring? Nobody even knows who you are.

Elizabethtown, KY

#2196 Apr 12, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So you're saying that if a cop sees a perp with a gun to a woman's head, he should say "wait there a minute while I go and get a warrant." "I'll be back." Is that it pinhead? You'd definitely score a bunch of points with the ACLU if you were to push for that kind of legislature during your first 6 months of "presidency."
As a card carrying member of the ACLU, and as a Democrat, I really wish I would have thought of that. ROFLMFAO!!!
Actually NO. What I am saying is the police are investigators of a crime or criminal activity and can only act after a proper warrant has been issued by a sitting judge. The reason for the warrant is to insure the police operate within the Constitution and the Laws. It is like when the cops force a confession out of a suspect. Under the 5th Amendment that is illegal. No person can be forced to be a witness against themself. Yes the courts allow it and YES the cops do it almost daily. However it is still highly unconstitutional.

Just because a person is given a badge and a gun DOES NOT make them THE LAW. NOR does it give them the authority to go around arresting people without a proper warrant.

Location hidden

#2197 Apr 12, 2012
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually NO. What I am saying is the police are investigators of a crime or criminal activity and can only act after a proper warrant has been issued by a sitting judge. The reason for the warrant is to insure the police operate within the Constitution and the Laws. It is like when the cops force a confession out of a suspect. Under the 5th Amendment that is illegal. No person can be forced to be a witness against themself. Yes the courts allow it and YES the cops do it almost daily. However it is still highly unconstitutional.
Just because a person is given a badge and a gun DOES NOT make them THE LAW. NOR does it give them the authority to go around arresting people without a proper warrant.
You evaded the question. Maybe you could be some kind of politician. You are mealy-mouthed just like one.

Elizabethtown, KY

#2198 Apr 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Okay, big boy, it's down to Barack and Mitt. When are you going to throw your hat in the ring? Nobody even knows who you are.
I already have and with the passing of every day more and more people are learning who I am and where I stand on the issues..

Location hidden

#2199 Apr 12, 2012
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
I already have and with the passing of every day more and more people are learning who I am and where I stand on the issues..
If "more and more people are learning "who you are, why haven't we read or heard a word about you anywhere, even online? I pay close attention to the political news on a daily basis. I have never seen your name, ever. No one knows who you are. You can't deny that your candidacy is virtually unknown by the American people.

Elizabethtown, KY

#2200 Apr 12, 2012
<quoted text>
YOu're having a hard time staying on subject; aren't you JImbo? Too bad Topix doesn't have teleprompters.
Entrapment only exists when someone who is not "predisposed" to commit a crime is enticed to commit a crime pinhead.
And no one is talking about speeding, but you.
BTW, a person commits a crime when he/she violates a statute that imposes criminal liability on the person. If you fail to pay your taxes, you've committed a crime. If you perjur yourself in court, you've committed a crime. If you knowingly drive without a valid drivers license, you've committed a crime. If you drive with a BAL of greater than .08, whether you get home safe, or kill someone in a car accident, like Mr. Goodman did in West Palm, you've committed a crime. Only that if you get home safe you succeeded in not getting caught.
Please, Mr. "President;" keep educating me on the law. I'm just a lawyer, and you're a "presidential" candidate (whose name will not be on the ballot, but that's a whole other laugh).
Any law that circumvents or violates the Constitution is NOT an law. Supreme court ruling.

Not only that but any law that cannot be equally enforced is unenforceable and must be taken off of the books. Speeding is one of those unenforceable laws. For every person who is caught several hundred speeders pass by the cop as he/she is issuing that person a ticket.

Entrapment is when a trap is set in the hopes of catching a prey. Red light and speed cameras are traps set to hopefully catch someone running the red light and/or speeding. Every sobriety check point is entrapment. That is setting a trap in the hopes of catching someone driving under the influence. The main reason why these activities are illegal or unconstitutional is the fact that they lead to a warrantless arrest. Without that warrant a cop CANNOT even ask a person to see their driver's license and registration. Without a proper warrant a cop CANNOT stop any person for any reason other than for public safety such as directing traffic after a traffic accident or during road construction or in the even of a natural disaster like a severe storm.

You may be a lawyer and a sorry one at that from what I can tell. You fight to uphold the illegal activities of our courts and law enforcement while trashing the Constitution. I say the Constitution is the law of the land, the LAW by which all other laws are to be judged.

You have yet to show me in the constitution where a person can be forced to be a witness against him or herself. Or where in the Constitution it says law enforcement is authorized to carry our a warrantless arrest using Probable Cause. Not only that but you have yet to quote the Constitution or even used the Constitution as your authority to back you up. You continue quoting your legal opinions as if they were sound legal preffer3ence in the face of the Constitution. It is because of attorneys like yourself that we have been denied most of our constitutional rights and freedoms. You are our last defense against governmental abuses of power. The courtroom in which you stand nearly every day is our final battlefield for our rights and freedoms and you have betrayed us. You are a traitor to the Constitution which you have taken an oath to protect and defend.

Elizabethtown, KY

#2201 Apr 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Then I suppose that as part of your presidency, you will abolish the requirement of a drivers license.
Actually YES. Since it is just another tax imposed upon us in direct violation of the Constitution. After all what all is required to obtain a driver's license. No training or formal education. Just learn a few rules of the road and you've got your license. That and $21.00 here is Tennessee. When I got my license in Florida I did not have to attend any classes or take any driving instructions. All that was requires was I take an eye exam and answer a few really stupid questions. Of course I failed the eye exam and I had to explain to the examiner that I did not have a lens in my left eye so she gave me a waiver on the eye exam.

But let's get serious here. A person having or not having a driver's license does not make them a better or worse driver.

Now to better answer you. Yes I will eliminate the driver's license taxes, vehicle registration taxes, sales taxes, hunting and fishing taxes, wheel taxes, payroll taxes, property taxes, all corporate and business taxes and replace them with the Equal Pay tax.

We the People are the only sovereign power with the government in submission to the people it has been established to serve.

Location hidden

#2202 Apr 12, 2012
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Any law that circumvents or violates the Constitution is NOT an law. Supreme court ruling.
Not only that but any law that cannot be equally enforced is unenforceable and must be taken off of the books. Speeding is one of those unenforceable laws. For every person who is caught several hundred speeders pass by the cop as he/she is issuing that person a ticket.
Entrapment is when a trap is set in the hopes of catching a prey. Red light and speed cameras are traps set to hopefully catch someone running the red light and/or speeding. Every sobriety check point is entrapment. That is setting a trap in the hopes of catching someone driving under the influence. The main reason why these activities are illegal or unconstitutional is the fact that they lead to a warrantless arrest. Without that warrant a cop CANNOT even ask a person to see their driver's license and registration. Without a proper warrant a cop CANNOT stop any person for any reason other than for public safety such as directing traffic after a traffic accident or during road construction or in the even of a natural disaster like a severe storm.
You may be a lawyer and a sorry one at that from what I can tell. You fight to uphold the illegal activities of our courts and law enforcement while trashing the Constitution. I say the Constitution is the law of the land, the LAW by which all other laws are to be judged.
You have yet to show me in the constitution where a person can be forced to be a witness against him or herself. Or where in the Constitution it says law enforcement is authorized to carry our a warrantless arrest using Probable Cause. Not only that but you have yet to quote the Constitution or even used the Constitution as your authority to back you up. You continue quoting your legal opinions as if they were sound legal preffer3ence in the face of the Constitution. It is because of attorneys like yourself that we have been denied most of our constitutional rights and freedoms. You are our last defense against governmental abuses of power. The courtroom in which you stand nearly every day is our final battlefield for our rights and freedoms and you have betrayed us. You are a traitor to the Constitution which you have taken an oath to protect and defend.
lol. Still looking for a way to get away with driving around yer holler all lickered up, huh, JimmyJo?

Elizabethtown, KY

#2203 Apr 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You evaded the question. Maybe you could be some kind of politician. You are mealy-mouthed just like one.
I did?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House rebuts Washington Post report of Tr... 2 min Big Al 663
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John 1,534,395
News Donald Trump gets warm welcome in Saudi Arabia ... 3 min Hostis Publicus 118
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 240,811
News Russians increasingly indifferent to Trump, US ... 4 min Dee Dee Dee 6
News Deportations in N.J. increase 30 percent43 minu... 5 min Red Crosse 11
News Notre Dame graduates walk out on Pence as he to... 6 min inbred Genius 49
News James Comey fired as FBI director 10 min Team Screwfixit 2,363
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Impeach 269,730
More from around the web