Immigration overhaul: Senate passes h...

Immigration overhaul: Senate passes historic bill

There are 32 comments on the WLOX-TV Biloxi story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Immigration overhaul: Senate passes historic bill. In it, WLOX-TV Biloxi reports that:

With a solemnity reserved for momentous occasions, the Senate passed historic legislation Thursday offering the priceless hope of citizenship to millions of immigrants living illegally in America's shadows.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLOX-TV Biloxi.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#1 Jun 27, 2013
And now on to the House where the GOP majority will assure all hispanics vote for only Democrats for the next 20 years.
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#2 Jun 27, 2013
The House will pass their bill. Then we will see if dems and repubs can work out compromise. Republicans are their own worst enemy though. They have Christie and Rubio in their party. 2 folks that have been willing to work and compromise with democrats. Now they are being ostracized by their own party. The party I left because I was disgusted with the way McCain ran his campaign and wasn't going to sit by and give them my number in their ranks. I would love to see a strong independent party come out with the likes of Rubio and Christie among them. We need some party and someone that can keep Hillary or any other democrat out of the White House next time around.
Tom Traynor

AOL

#3 Jun 27, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
And now on to the House where the GOP majority will assure all hispanics vote for only Democrats for the next 20 years.
Amen. Anyone who thinks any Chicano is ever going to Vote for any thing but race baiting Democrats is a fool. They turned Calif into a single party Dictatorship and most couldn't even NAME the Democcrats they vote for........
If the Whites and Blacks in the House vote for this they aren't representing any Americans best interests.
amcummer

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jun 27, 2013
The good news is USA may have new additions to her labor force the bad news are more competitors to the jobs available, more welfare recipients, more people means more demands to strain the supplies of goods and services, more people more lines, more people to drive means more tight traffics etc,etc,etc and most of all there will be chain reactions dominoe effect of newe immigrants relatives of the immigrants and good ol USA will have a population boom. Aristotle always knew that over populations creats poverty factions and crime. Anyone listening?
Joe Nelson

AOL

#6 Jun 27, 2013
amcummer wrote:
The good news is USA may have new additions to her labor force the bad news are more competitors to the jobs available, more welfare recipients, more people means more demands to strain the supplies of goods and services, more people more lines, more people to drive means more tight traffics etc,etc,etc and most of all there will be chain reactions dominoe effect of newe immigrants relatives of the immigrants and good ol USA will have a population boom. Aristotle always knew that over populations creats poverty factions and crime. Anyone listening?
If Pres Obama is right, Americans are too limp wristed and weak to stop this insane act of social, civic, cultural, and fiscal suicide.
Five years after Mrs Obama said "She had never been proud to be an American"...we aren't going to have an America that grateful Americans can be proud of.
See the Light

United States

#7 Jun 27, 2013
Yes Democrappers gave Illegals from Mexico hope of Amnesty today, but I'm happy to say Republicans will take it away.
See the Light

United States

#8 Jun 27, 2013
I know white people aren't for this Bill, what do Black people think?
Dick Holder

AOL

#9 Jun 27, 2013
See the Light wrote:
US blacks can't open their mouths! They, once again as they did for the Brits in 1778 and the Union in 1863, will the orders of whoever white man is charge and that's who they follow. They have no backbone.

Heck the hispanic helped their man to the Whitehouse but watch and see how they will betray the hispanic in favor of the Saxons!
Dick Holder

AOL

#10 Jun 27, 2013
See the Light wrote:
Yes Democrappers gave Illegals from Mexico hope of Amnesty today, but I'm happy to say Republicans will take it away.
No whitehouse for GOP. The Hispanic will destroy the GOP! You will learn until your liver explode. Against the current you will perish!
amcummer

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jun 27, 2013
See the Light wrote:
How about a new model James Lebron basketball shoes?

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#12 Jun 27, 2013
The Hispanics will form their own party and the Democrats will be left out in the cold; There is a Black Caucus and a Hispanic Caucus. There aint no White caucus because that would be racist. The Hispanics will out number the Blacks when an immigration bill like this is signed. This means all the low paying jobs will be theirs. Evem Obummer Kare has this in rules that they can reduce citizens hours and hire full time new amnesty immigrants. Get use to it, better get Rosetta Stone and practicing up on Spanish and if you really want to know what is being said get a book on what your Spanish did not teach you.

Since: Dec 07

Humble, TX

#13 Jun 27, 2013
Dick Holder wrote:
<quoted text>
No whitehouse for GOP. The Hispanic will destroy the GOP! You will learn until your liver explode. Against the current you will perish!
Wrong...after nobamacare hits hard, lack of jobs due to higher taxes and healthcare costs....hispanics are already swinging the other direction.

check out National Hispanic Republican Assebly on Facebook....you'll see a different story.
See the Light

United States

#14 Jun 27, 2013
Dick Holder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes making you Mexican's legal is the end of America and Republicans. We know Obama only wants you for a vote. You mean nothing as people.
FEMA camps

Leonard, TX

#15 Jun 27, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>Yes making you Mexican's legal is the end of America and Republicans. We know Obama only wants you for a vote. You mean nothing as people.
Once Amnesty is given, and the two party system completely collapses, the FEMA camps will be stuffed full with hispanics, like the offical plan has been all along. Even the official explanation of the FEMA camps is to imprison a large hispanic influx. Sheep to the slaughter. Blacks, you'll probably be next, or do you really think you'll be spared? History has shown you have never been.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#16 Jun 27, 2013
This bill is no way realistic, it's touchy feel good pandering for votes.

It's full of bs in content and the speeches or rationalization the professional politicians gave.

This bill also leads or attempts to gentrafy America by emphasizing job skills and not family ties to America. I don't want to hear any 'give me your tired and poor' from the CONservatives either because that's what this is NOT.

The can't even budget for existing staffing levels of government now. How the frack are they going to budget for 20,000 additional border agents and a completed fence.

Setting aside the CRIME of ILLEGALLY crossing a well defined and well known border what about all those ILLEGAL aliens, those supposedly "undocumented" workers stealing ids, committing fraud, falsifying documents, avoiding income taxes, tresspassing etc. Are these CRIMINALs going to get a pardon that an American citizen and/or criminal will not-that's discrimination.

Not to mention INSULTING all those who went through the LEGAL citizenshop process and WAITED for it.

The RepubliCANTs are bunch of felines caving for votes and trying erase their guilt of hiring or knowing those who hired nannies, maids. laborers, contractors etc. The faux Republicans are nothing but aiders and abettors soliciting voters. The DemocRATS are the ends justify the means party doing anything and everything for their agenda and votes.

To make a sticky mess even gooeyer what jobs will those 11 MILLION ILLEGAL immigrants go for. What will the 11 MILLION plus LEGAL Americans unemployed now do for jobs. Do you think employers and business will happily pay a new batch of 11 million new hire employees a livable wage and benefit ABOVE board. Oh puhlease what a pile of crap hoard of professional politicians.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#17 Jun 28, 2013
This is build to enslave the population, just like ObamaCare, to enslave the population and call it fair.
Congress has justified making laws that were not read.
Giving the head administration power to appoint the administrator and neither is responsible for the action or abuses.
Now the SupremeCourt takes an ACTIVIST role and does not respect its CoPolitical legs of a peaceful government WITHOUT a king.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Jun 28, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
Exactly!

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Jun 28, 2013
See the Light wrote:
Which proves you know nothing.

Millions of white people such as myself fully support this bill.

That said, I'm counting on the GOPasaurs in the House to kill the bill so the Dems keep the White House for generations to come.

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Jun 28, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...after nobamacare hits hard, lack of jobs due to higher taxes and healthcare costs....hispanics are already swinging the other direction.
check out National Hispanic Republican Assebly on Facebook....you'll see a different story.
Keep dreaming.

Even Texas will go for the Dems in 2016 based on the strength of the Hispanic vote.

Tawas City, Michigan

#21 Jun 28, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>Yes making you Mexican's legal is the end of America and Republicans. We know Obama only wants you for a vote. You mean nothing as people.
End of the GOPasaurs, yes, but America will continue to be the greatest nation on earth. We just won't be a white majority nation anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Realtime 1,548,260
News GOP victory lap after Georgia election win will... 2 min spud 96
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Truth is might 314,662
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 16 min Ronald 506
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min NTMD8OR 274,626
News Trump blasts Mueller obstruction probe on Twitter 21 min spud 112
News Wheelchair users dragged away from McConnell's ... 26 min huntcoyotes 43
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 2 hr District10 1,034
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Ms Sassy 6,878
More from around the web